Royal Sinners (Sinners 1)

By E_Manawari

After witnessing the death of her mother, Hanna Mamori has lived as quietly as she could. But when she gets t... More

Foreword
Chapter 1: Perso E Trovato
Chapter 2 : Nuova Venuta
Chapter 3: Venuta di Schiavi
Chapter 4: Il Ritorno Del Re
Chapter 5: Remborsi di Debiti
Chapter 6: Confidando Il Maestro
Chapter 7: Con Un Uomo Solo
Chapter 8: Il Giusto Prezzo
Chapter 9: Salvami
Chapter 10: La Morte di Bastardo
Chapter 11: Prova Di Fedeltá
Chapter 12: La Recluta
Chapter 13: Finale Decisione
Chapter 14: Tradimento E Innocenza
Chapter 15: Punizione Crudele
Chapter 16: Perdonato
Chapter 17: L'invidia Dei Deboli
Chapter 18: Consegna Prezioso
Chapter 19. Niente di Personale
Chapter 20: L'invidia Gioco
Chapter 21: Leone e L'agnello
Chapter 22: Visita Di Messagero
Chapter 23: Tornare A Casa
Chapter 24: Casa Dolce Casa
Chapter 25: Gioco Degli Scacchi
Chapter 26: La Nuda Veritá
Chapter 27: Ricordi Pittura
Chapter 28: Demone Nella Carne
Chapter 29: Il Lupo Tra I Cani
Chapter 30: Il Mio Nome É Camilla
Chapter 31: L'Ultimo Bacio
Chapter 32: Benvenuti A Casa
Chapter 33: Prima Lezione
Chapter 34: La Concessione De Desideri
Chapter 35: Casinò Di Gustavo
Chapter 36: Gita Selvaggia
Chapter 37: Commercio Di Ladri
Chapter 38: Nord Valle Accademia
Chapter 39: Per Mia Figlia Camilla
Chapter 40: Regno Del Nord
Chapter 41: Maestro E Cuccioli
Chapter 42: Belle Cose Mortifere
Chapter 43: Secondo Dono
Chapter 44: Una Bella Vista
Chapter 45: Principessa Sfarzo
Chapter 46: Danza Con Uno Sconosciuto
Chapter 47: Il Consiglio Mafioso
Chapter 48: Sorpresa, Sorpresa
Chapter 49: Il Giuramento Camilla
Chapter 50: Casa Di Piacevole Caos
Chapter 51: Frammenti Di Un Tutto
Chapter 52: Intensioni Egoistiche
Chapter 53: Sei Contro Un Esercito
Chapter 54: La Preghiera Del Peccatore
Chapter 55: Un Coure Mal Di Un Giorno
Chapter 56: Veleno di Amore
Chapter 57: Amaro E Dolce
Chapter 58: L'intenzione Di Joker
Chapter 59: Il Tradimento Del Fratello
Chapter 60: Intenzioni Sconosciute
Chapter 61: Prigionero Disposto
Chapter 62: Il Buon Tela
Chapter 63: Più Demoniaco
Chapter 64: Preludio alla Catastrofe
Chapter 65: Serpente Tra i Serpenti
Chapter 66: Donna Fatale
Chapter 67: Lo Scambio Di Doni
Chapter 68: Il Più Cattivo Di Tutti
Chapter 69: Fine Peccatori.
Epilogue
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT
"Bad" News

Prologue : Per Il Sangue

57.8K 1.2K 104
By E_Manawari

Children must be good at hide-and-seek. If not, bad things happen. Yet, no matter how good they are, they are always found.

They lose once their eyes close and lose more after they open them. But they are not even sure if they can open them again.

"Hush for now, sweetie." I should have noticed the tremble in my mother's voice back then. Moments ago, just before I sliced my birthday cake, I requested to sleep for a while after a dizzy spell. The next thing I knew, Mom and I were hiding in the dark closet like we're running from the devil.

Turns out, we were.

"Hush."

But as a child who hated two things at the moment, I was bound to complain why one, we were shrouded in the dark and two, playing an untimely game on my birthday. I wriggled against her tight, restricting hug. I was nine back then and knew nothing. Until finally, I freed myself from her and out of the closet.

"It's hot!" I filled my lungs with air. She went after me in panic and dragged me back to the closet. I resisted. She froze at something behind me. The It came for us, and It was not uninvited.

"It's always a pleasure to see you, Yumiko Kyosei."

A dignified man with a smile so amicable, I thought he was a friend of the family. But he held scissors in his hand; blood dripped all the way down to the white fluffy carpet of my room.

"Please, not with my daughter watching." Mom pleaded after she snatched me and be hid behind her.

"Mommy, is he your friend?"

"Ah, principessa," the man said. "The fruit of a yakuza and a mobster, mix of two bloodlines. What a pretty woman you will be, soon breaking hearts, like your mother." His fleeting adoration was soon replaced with disappointment. "But you should've listened and stayed quiet."

In fear, I gripped Mom's dress. I'm used to scary men come and go in our home. They have scars, tattoos hidden in suits and glares that even angry people on TV could be scared of.

As a curious child, I peeped once while Uncle was having a meeting with his friends. One of them offered something on a handkerchief soaked with blood and begged for mercy. As I squinted for a better look, it was his finger.

Uncle took out his blade and cut the man's neck with no words of goodbye nor 'Hmm' like he does when I barge into his office. Blood spilt on the floor and no one spoke a word. His other friends sat there with approval while watching the body shook and squirmed until it stopped moving. I heard myself scream until they found me in the next room.

'Sorry,' Uncle said. 'But you'll find out sooner or later, we are not saints, even you. Your blood has been tainted even before birth, little sinner. You may not understand this now, but always remember, you are a Kyosei.'

I asked why he is bad and killed a man, but he just kissed my forehead.

'I'm envious. When I was your age, I had killed two. Your innocence is something we can't afford. There are no bad people, neither good people. We are mere survivors, doing everything not to cease breathing as human instinct and to some, rule, like our forefathers and their forefathers did. Weakness will bury you dead or alive. From now on, whatever you see or hear, don't be afraid. We only do that for the family.'

From then on, I slowly accepted the life we have. My only attachment to goodness was my mother. 'You may belong to a yakuza family, but it shouldn't stop you from living your own dreams.'

I spent time with fierce men and realized they were not that evil. They were just... people doing crooked things to survive the crooked world.

But this man in front of us did not belong to any of them. He was different.

"Hide and seek ends here," he said.

I looked up to my mother, as she's looking down on me, eyes with tears.

"My life," she said after pulling me at the corner of my room. It was one of those times that she called me names; sweet names, weird names, cute names, all with titles that I belonged to her. I loved all of them, but not this time by the tone of her voice. "Close your eyes and make a wish." She smiled longingly, then turned me to face the white wall. "It's not your fault," she whispered and let go of my hand.

Short silence passed, my eyes were tightly shut. In the darkness, I counted wishes; a new doll, fewer bodyguards, a playmate and to go to a real school like other children. I was young, felt invincible and was entitled to selfishness. If I knew better, I would've wished something else to save us.

There were arguing whispers that I couldn't understand. Then I heard a whimper, a loud gasp followed by silence.

"Open your eyes now, principessa."

The man, who had lost his smile, carried my mother in his arms. I was supposed to run or scream, but my world stopped. Children at my age should be afraid. But I couldn't. I was frozen at the sight of my dead mother. I knew what's happening; I've seen dead people before, bathed in their blood and labelled 'traitors' by the clan. My mother wasn't one of them.

"Beautiful, isn't she?" He gently combed my mother's hair.

I nodded. Are we still playing a game? How about my cake? Where is my Uncle? Why is my mother dead?

Why?

The man carefully laid her on the floor and walked towards me. "Go and tell them the news." I couldn't even blink while he caressed my face. I forgot to breathe.

"I'll come back, but now, just go and send my message: "Never make Gustavo Qapone angry."

"Y-You... killed... her..." I found my voice at last, trembling. The pumping in my chest was so loud it hurt.

Everyone can die, but not my mother. She is a Kyosei. She is invincible. There are loyal people who'll die for us, or kill for us, Uncle said so.

"Keep this as my present." He placed the bloody scissors in my hand with the carved letters on its handle. Per il sangue. "It means 'For the blood,'' he translated. "Revenge is a bittersweet fruit, child."

He kissed my forehead and turned me to the direction of the door. "Go out, enjoy the party and slice your cake. Happy birthday." Then he disappeared to the night.

With my trembling hands, I gripped the scissors and walked to the door stiffly. The scream that should have escaped my lips was stuck in my throat like a choking hand.

'You should've stayed quiet.' I should have.

I walked out of the bedroom and stared into the empty hallway, except for two fallen bodies, pooled in crimson red. One was the maid and the other was a bodyguard. It was as if my head would explode; a rebellious force tried to purge out the content of my stomach. I was just unsteadily walking towards the light and the merry buzz of the gathering. There were whispers in my head and my vision blurred. The throbbing headache stopped me a few times and my vision tilted along with my balance.

"H-Help." For the second time, my voice crawled their way out, yet still so small and helpless. Everything I said was swallowed by the music coming from the ballroom. Finally, I stood at the top of the grand staircase for all the guests to see.

The music kept playing a happy song; it was my 9th birthday, after all. I'll never forget how the smiles twisted to fear as I stood there, my white frilly dress tainted with murder. Everything rushed in—horror and devastation.

A shrill cry of horror came out of my mouth. "It wasn't my fault," I whispered. Then everything went black. 

***

For The Blood 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

993 42 12
BOOK 2 IN THE LOST SERIES - CAN NOT BE READ AS A STAND ALONE! When the end of year 12 approaches, Eliza finds herself an orphan. Enduring this heartb...
440K 11.4K 39
Chaos ensues when the Mafia's Adam meets The Commission's Eve. But when lines are crossed and boundaries are blurred, the two of them get a bargain t...
4.7K 338 23
[COMPLETED] Akaashi is part of his father's crime gang. A specific mission causes a new member to join their gang - a member that Akaashi doesn't lik...
805 119 53
Ronnie thought nothing could go wrong in her life until her family disappears one day and her life starts to spiral downwards. To be able to survive...