Finding the Pieces of Me: A C...

By dahlia_undead

A small collection of poetry trying to figure out different parts of life and difficult situations. More

Controlling My Happiness

8 1 0
By dahlia_undead

You are the one who controls your own happiness.

A saying which I am often told when referring to my depression.

I often wonder how to control my own happiness,

When my brain likes to play a number of tricks on me.

I try to participate and socialize, but my brain whispers.

It tells me I smiled wrong or chose the wrong words.

It tells me that I should have picked the pink dress and not the red.

It tells me these people have much more interesting friends to talk to.

It tells me that I slouch too much and talk too fast.

It tell me of things I messed up weeks ago that I cannot fix.

I force myself to be positive, but my brain insists on being negative.

This constant push and pull makes me so dizzy,

That I fear controlling my own happiness is impossible.

Copyright Nov. 2018 (MI, U.S.A.)

H.O.S.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 3.7K 32
Y/n- please don't beat me I will never try to run away i promise please Jimin- no no no why are you crying don't cry.this is your punishment take it...
6.8K 352 72
She is an outcast. She finds it easier to express what she feels in the form of writing. Whether it is poems, letters or long texts. These are poems...
3.6K 855 47
Story of your soul in your 15 Words. If you give me 15 random words (off the top of your head), I'll make a poetic piece out of it. P.s. Requests are...
1.3K 419 47
Drenched from the blood in my veins, this book speaks of the different aspects of the dark. Catastrophically, the woeful brooks flow through these pa...