lost memories | l.s.

By fresharold

More

« Lost Memories »
- Prologue -
1 - Friend
2 - Teddy bear
3 - Happy Birthday
4 - He's gone
5 - It's okay
6 - I promise
7 - Petal of a flower
8 - That's enough
9 - Smile for the picture
10 - It wouldn't be fair
11 - You were alone
12 - Swollen skin
13 - Does it feel good?
14 - Closer
15 - Forget it
16 - We can't
17 - Brownies
18 - Baby doll
19 - Together let's...
20 - Life Saver
21 - Relax
22 - Glorious moments
23 - Something only mine
25 - That's my fear
26 - Just kiss you
27 - You're everything
28 - He kind of dies
29 - Accept yourself
30 - Knock, knock
31 - And so much more
32 - Messy Sheets
33 - Lost memories
SEQUEL - Built Memories

24 - Like you are mine

13.6K 492 2.6K
By fresharold

» honestly sorry for how long this took but i was at the capital and then went to Spain and had no time to write really. Tho' this whole time was good for me to get the excitement of writing back, so hope this chapter is good for you (it's fucking weird but i'm actually proud, finally) and yeah i just wanted to apologize. By the way, pls talk to me about the new cover bc i'm never secure about it as you might notice.

Playlist:

Promise by Ben Howard

Let it out by Ed Sheeran 

Save my heart by Jason reeves 

~*~

Harry's eyes are almost in tears but Louis seems not to notice "Where the fuck is she Harry?" Louis shouts and Harry shakes his head, finally making a move but only to take his hand above his mouth. "Why are you there instead of looking for her?" Louis cries out "She's fucking missing!"

Harry doesn't speak, so no answer is given to Louis. Louis has no patience for that, he needs Harry to speak or he'll end up pulling his hair out and then blame that to explain the small tears threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Harry." He walks towards the frozen boy, voice firm, which is a surprise since he feels like crying at any minute. Harry is already... crying and now Louis is able to notice it, though it seems like it's not something for Louis to worry about. "Tell me you saw her." No answer, Louis knew it eventually "You fucking left the door opened, it's your fault that she's gone" Louis looks so mad that it covers all his sadness. However, Harry shows it all. He bites his bottom lip till it turns white so he doesn't let the embarrassing sob come out from his mouth.

"I did –"

"What? You closed it? Did you really Harry?" Louis asks throwing his hands up in the air in frustration. His voice is loud and Harry is so worried about Daisy at the moment that he doesn't have time to feel surprised with the unusual tone of voice coming from his best friend.

"I –I..." Harry sighs, which turns out to be a mixture of a quiet whimper and a sob. "I didn't..." He confesses

"I know... I fucking know. She's not here you –"

"Don't speak to me that way." Harry cries out, hurt is the only thing found on his eyes, covering all the beautiful green and leaving wet tears as its mark.

"How do you expect me to speak then, Harry? I warned you a million of times and even then you forgot it? I don't fucking know what your idea was since the beginning to open the god damn door every time we got in the kitchen –"

Except that Louis knows, Louis knows why Harry opened the door every time they'd wake up or would be only in the kitchen talking... it was because Harry liked the way the chill air filled the room, the small sense of the beach, the warmness from the rays of sunshine, the way the sunset looked through the opening, the way everything looked nice and how free he'd feel with that door opened. He had told about it to Louis and Louis smiled because the way Harry explained him, with adoration, the way he loved to look and feel the beach in the house, made him feel so in love and happy. It just felt right.

And maybe – definitely – that's why Harry feels even more hurt by the way Louis spat I don't fucking know what was your idea since the beginning to open the god damn door every time we got in the kitchen, as if it didn't matter, as if Louis haven't listened to him and haven't smiled the way he always does. As if he had forgotten and now he's just so full of hate.

Hate.

Towards Harry? This is so not right and it makes Harry feel in his worst. They hardly ever fight and even then they don't shout this way.

However, Harry can't stop but hate himself, not only because of the way Louis is talking to him but the way he feels like he deserves it. Like he deserves when everyone else shouts at him this way.

Daisy. He can't cry because of the way Louis is acting, because Daisy is missing. That precious kitten. Their pet,the one Harry gave to him on the first time they spent Louis' birthday together, the one that made Louis nearly cry by adoration, the one that got that name because of their memories... They love the cat so much, it's like their family and now... now she's gone and he can't stop crying. He doesn't even notice the way the tears are streaming down so hard. Maybe because Louis doesn't either.

"Why are you throwing everything that way to me?" Harry half shouts but he can't since the tears are taking over him and his voice sounds weak.

"Because it's your fault," Louis shouts, though, his emotions are trying to speak even louder "she's gone Harry," Louis starts crying "she's fucking gone and you didn't even help me trying to find her." he quickly cleans his tears with his bare arm.

"I'm –"

"I can't fucking believe this," Louis rubs his temple and while Harry is still frozen in his place he doesn't stop his pace around the kitchen. He looks around praying that the luck is by their side and the kitten will appear. He whispers – he was trying to yell really – "Daisy", desperately but with no success. "She's fucking gone Harry and I'm so mad at you." He looks furiously at his best friend apart from the tears. "So mad, you let this happen and –"

"Don't you dare Louis." Harry's tone is defensive. "Don't you dare being mad at me like that." As if you hate me, he wants to say because that's what Louis is passing through his behaviour now. "Do you think I did it on purpose? God Louis do you really think? Don't you think that I'm sad about this?" Don't you see my tears you dumbass. Louis needs to see them "I can't even recognise you. I loved that cat as much as you did I just –" he gulps, trying to control his tears, which only makes his throat hurt and his eyes burn. "it's not fair." He sobs and hides his face on his hands. Louis needs to look away from his best friend... so heartless "I didn't stay mad at you when I knew you looked at my journal."

"Oh don't bring this up now." Louis says forgetting how his heart was warming up and the guilt was consuming his veins.

"Why? Because you know I'm right? Because you know I had the right to stay mad at you and I just didn't because..." He stops for a moment as if thinking if he should continue the sentence this way. "...because it's you, Louis?"

"Daisy is missing and you come up with this shit now? Really?" Louis scoffs and oh, Harry is so hurt, so damaged by how cold Louis is being.

"I'm coming up with this because you're hurting me with what you're saying and how you're saying. I feel bad enough for letting this happen but you seem like you don't care about how I'm feeling." Harry confesses and Louis flinches a bit with the way you're hurting me hits him, however he manages to get rid of that awful feeling.

"How you're feeling? How you're feeling, Harry?" He says wryly "What about how I am feeling? I can't believe you dare to say that because Daisy is missing and you seem not to care for that right now."

"What are you saying?" Harry looks widely at his best friend, not recognising him. He can feel the hot tears covering his whole cheeks, reaching his chin already but he hasn't even move from his spot since the argument started so he won't probably be wiping them away.

"What I am saying is that this is all bullshit and I can't even be here looking at your face right now." Louis spits, voice soulless and that only makes Harry look at him with sadness on his face while looking at the shorter boy walking away from his sight.

That wasn't the Louis Harry met and the Louis who saved him and believes in him. That's not the Louis who makes Harry happy and smile all the time because right now he made him cry. That's not the Louis who puts Harry always in first, not even thinking about himself once, the Louis whose heart sometimes is beating only for Harry.

Harry feels guilty enough for letting this happen to Daisy, just the thought that she won't ever come back makes him feel like someone is squeezing his heart and now he also has to deal with Louis hating him.

Yeah, right now Harry believes Louis hates him so he can only find the strength to walk outside to the backyard, sit on the corner beside the pool, looking at the horizont and cry. Cry with hope that maybe he'll see Daisy coming back, walking on the sand and sit next to him with a sweet meow.

That never happens so Harry keeps his head rested on his knees while his legs are curled up on his chest. He swears he can listen to Louis cries coming from the opened window from the room upstairs.

~*~

Louis walks quietly to the kitchen. His eyes are still burning and he's sure they are sore and red. He doesn't even feel ashamed and embarrassed from crying this hard for so long being nearly nineteen. The sun is setting by now and he can see a silhouette outside, he knows too well from who belongs to.

He sniffs not caring about the noise he might do and walks outside towards Harry. He stays stood up there, far away from the boy admiring him from his back. The small light from the sun is hitting Harry's curls, making its colour lighter, it's quite beautiful. Louis can notice that he has his chin over his knees and is also admiring the sun diving under the sea.

Louis doesn't dare to move for a while, asking himself if he even deserves stepping closer to Harry. To the boy he loves. He takes a deep breath and walks towards the taller boy who right now seems so small and vulnerable.

Harry only notices Louis' presence when the blue eyed boy is stood up next to him, but even then he doesn't turn his gaze to him. Louis thinks it's only fair so he sits down next to his best friend, in the same position as him – his arms around his legs, which are against his chest – and doesn't say a word, neither looks at the beautiful boy.

Harry isn't crying anymore but Louis knows he probably stopped minutes ago since he hears him hiccupping – still trying his best not to be noisily, Louis only finds it cute. He can't believe the way he treated his precious boy. He was only scared, shocked and sad because hell, it's Daisy. The thought of her being missing made him holding his breathe and he the only way for him to start breathing again was throwing everything to Harry.

Sure it was his fault but Louis knows he had no right to speak to Harry that way, especially knowing the effect it would have on the younger boy.

 "Harry..." Louis' voice cracks for being in silence crying too much time. The ten minutes of silence between the two boys seemed enough for him, however, not for Harry, who doesn't answer and keeps looking at the ocean. The dark sky is already starting to make its appearance and the sun is nearly there. "Harry, I'm so sorry." Louis tries again. His voice desperate and he's looking at the curly haired lad now, who only gives him the view of his profile. Cheek flushed, eyes glassy, eyelashes wet and lips pursed.

"Daisy..." He starts but Harry doesn't even flinch with the kitten's name being spoken "I found her in the room here downstairs, sleeping." Louis says and it's almost amusing. He actually laughed when he saw the cat laid down on the bed, of course after a sigh of relief. He was so happy to see the white kitten again but the guilt spoke louder.

Harry quickly looks at Louis, eyes wide open now and Louis asks himself how such sad eyes can be so beautiful. "She's... She is okay?" Harry finally speaks, voice broken, lips parted and he seems to let out a sigh of relief.

Louis nods as an answer "The little fucker was sleeping all this time, not giving a fuck about us." Louis jokes because he needs to break all this tension. He needs to be okay with Harry, make him okay.

This time Louis is sure Harry sighs, closing his eyes and stretching his legs a bit forward till his feet hit the fence. "God, such a relief..." he whispers

"Yeah... it seems like everything was unnecessary." Louis says sadly not daring to look away from Harry, even if he doesn't dare to look back.

Harry hums as if agreeing with Louis but Louis can get the tip of sadness he's trying to hide for Louis' sakes. "Listen, babe..." Louis' voice is soft and the instant Harry listens to it he finally meets Louis' eyes "I didn't... I didn't mean any of that," Louis makes his best not to reach Harry's hand to have some contact, that's what he needs but he still thinks he doesn't deserve it, also, he doesn't think Harry wants it. "I was so mean to you and you didn't deserve it, I'm so sorry. Harry I –"

"It's fine."

"It's not fine." Louis says firmly "Don't ever say that it's fine someone yelling at you and treat you badly. That's never fine and you don't deserve it." Louis looks deeply into Harry's eyes. Harry needs to understand what his best friend is trying to say. It's always like that, Harry still thinks when his parents yell at him and treat him badly is fine. It's not and it's Louis' job to make him believe it. "You understand Harry?" Louis asks and Harry looks at him in fond for a second till he nods. "I didn't mean to hurt you with my words, you have the right to stay mad at me now and –"

"Shh," Harry hushes Louis by covering his lips with his hand. It's nice feeling Harry's skin on Louis' lips and that doesn't allow him to finish it. When he has sure Louis isn't going to finish he slides his hand down and maybe the eye contact and the way his fingers touch Louis' lips aren't necessary. "I don't want to stay mad at you." Harry says quietly and Louis is glad he doesn't look away from him.

"You don't want to stay mad at me...?" Louis whispers, it's more to himself and it's half a question because how can Harry not stay mad at him? He has all the reasons, for not talking about the journal's subject.

"Of course I don't." Harry replies seriously even if he wasn't supposed to listen to Louis' voice "And Daisy is okay and I know you were in shock and it was the moment. I know you didn't mean it." Harry smiles a little

"But never allow me to treat you like that again. Punch me if you need to, but don't..." Louis says and Harry knows he's being serious, he is really, but he chuckles either way.

"All right."

"All right" They smile at each other and for Louis' sadness Harry looks away to turn his attention to the sky. It's dark by now and the fact that there's only one light coming from the kitchen illuminating the space and the beach is all dark, makes it easier for them to watch the stars in the sky. And it's not only a few like they're used to see back in Doncaster– 

"The sky looks beautiful..." Harry speaks Louis' thoughts, but Louis starts laughing quietly and Harry looks at him confused "Why are you laughing?"

"Because I was going to say, no you look beautiful and that's just the cheesiest thing I'd ever say to you." He chuckles

"Actually, there was that one time when –"

"Don't..." Louis warns his best friend, who laughs as well but turns his attention back to the dark sky.

Louis knows he should be looking at the stars as well because it's not healthy and right for him to be admiring Harry in a time like this. He needs to forget his feelings for a moment but he seems to be so stubborn because he seems to not let it go.

"Come here..." Louis says opening his arms, he needs Harry's touch, he needs the boy closer, closer, closer...

Harry slowly turns his head to the blue eyed boy and he understands what Louis pretends. He lets his body fall into his chest and when Louis puts his arms around the taller boy he lets himself fall, so both fall into the floor. Louis' back on the deck and Harry's head on his chest.

"Lou..." Harry whispers as protest for not warning him that he was going to lay down.

"Shh," it's Louis' time to hush him. He starts stroking Harry's hair and this time is Louis' time to look at the sky while Harry looks up at him. "I can feel you watching me." Louis smirks and notices how the boy shakes his head as if waking up from his trance and then looks up at the sky right away. "I know you got upset about me looking at your journal," Louis starts after chuckling, now his tone of voice is serious "but I want you to achieve all those things from your bucket list..." Louis confesses. He feels Harry getting tense on his arms but he tries not to give much importance to it. "So you can check stargazing on it." He says softly. Louis made sure to memorise all the things he read on that journal.

Harry smiles but it fades away in seconds "I think there are things that I won't be able to make."

"Why so?" Louis looks down at the boy who is playing with the fabric of the collar from Louis' shirt.

"It's just... there are things that are kinda impossible to happen. Things that are only my dreams..."

"From the ones I read, it seemed okay and not hard to realise."

Harry doesn't answer at that and Louis asks himself what Harry might have written more on his bucket list that seems so impossible to make it happen.

"Why do you want to help me to make that all happen?" Harry asks after some seconds in silence.

"What?" Louis heard it correctly he just can't understand why Harry still asks him this.

"You heard it."

"Then you know why I asked that." Louis chuckles but then rests his fingers on Harry's chin, making him look back at him. The floor doesn't feel uncomfortable when they're cuddling like this and finally so close. "You mean the world to me Harry..." this words might be anything, it might not sound like a poem, it might not be an I love you with the meaning Louis wished it had, but it's like a promise and it has so much behind it. It's the truth and that's what makes it beautiful, this is not said in vain. Harry is Louis' world and the fact that he's been for years now and the feeling seems to grow, it only makes Louis sure that the apocalypse is far to come. "I thought you already knew that. Don't you believe it? That I care? That I want you here with me always?" Louis asks softly while the younger boy looks up at him perplex. Louis can even see his own reflex on Harry's eyes and he only feels special for that because it means he's with Harry, he's alive.

"I –I do... You know I do I just..." Harry sighs and shakes – tries to – his head, feeling stupid. "I'm so lucky..." He breathes out and Louis knows it wasn't supposed for him to heart it so he doesn't comment, saying that if Harry feels lucky then Louis can't even imagine what he is, probably there isn't a word on his vocabulary.

They look at the sky for a moment... a moment that turns out to be more than an hour but neither of them seem to notice, much less care about it. Harry feels too comfy with Louis' gentle touches on his skin. They're simple; a stroke of hair, a brush of fingers, a touch of arms and Louis only kisses Harry's temple once, when the touch starts not to be enough; all of this only to remind Harry that he's still there and as if making sure everything is okay. The silence is their way of speaking, they're breathing the same air and somehow they make their chests going up and down in synchrony.

The night looks beautiful and Louis is sure he has counted every star he can see. He doesn't name himself crazy as he should when he starts talking with them on his mind. Asking them if they know about his future. About his future with Harry. He doesn't get any answer so he makes up on his own. However, it's his secret and only he will know how he wishes his life in the future will be.

"Harry, baby," Louis starts, but at the same time he listens that hoarse voice he knows so well calling him "Lou..."

They giggle and Louis pulls Harry's hair away from his forehead. Somehow their legs found their way to each other so they're tangled. The floor still feels comfortable "You first." Harry says and his voice is so beautiful, so beautiful that Louis wouldn't mind to listen to him reading the whole dictionary.

"I was wondering... Did you ever think about the future? How is it going to be?"

"I try not to." Harry replies

"Why?"

"Because I'm scared. Scared about what my future can be so I try to avoid it and keep up with the present. Isn't that the most important thing?"

Louis wonders for a bit looking at his best friend but answers "Maybe. But I think you shouldn't be afraid of it because it'll come, the future will come sooner than you expect and you need to accept what he has to offer you. So it's good if you're ready for it, especially happy. Ready and happy." Harry giggles with Louis' words, hiding his face on the curve of Louis' neck. The hot breathe in that area warms Louis whole body up.

"You have an answer for everything." Harry's voice is muffled by Louis' skin. Louis now keeps running his hand up and down Harry's spine, just so he can have more contact. It's never enough. "So tell me. Have you? Thought about the future?" Harry pulls away his face to look at the blue eyed boy.

"Yes."

"And...?" Harry presses the subject when Louis doesn't speak up his thoughts.

"You're always there." Louis says honestly and he feels Harry's whole body tensing up. He doesn't catch up his green eyes wide open because he can't face Harry now. "Because I wasn't lying you know... when I said you meant the world to me. And to be even more honest, a world without you is not the one that I want to live in." Louis looks at Harry, sad eyes meeting surprised ones. Harry is still with his head upon Louis' shoulder, Louis is still giving him gentle touches, their expressions are the only that changed. Louis can't stand the fact that there's a chance that Harry might have to leave his life. For a moment, for a while or even forever... All of the options make him feel sick. "So are you? Gonna be there, I mean?"

Harry stares at Louis for a while and maybe he forgot how to speak because he thinks he's actually answering with his eyes to Louis. "I-I am. I am going to be there, yes." Harry answers and Louis knows he means it. Harry wants to be there with Louis, he truly does.

"You promise?"

"Promise." Harry smiles for a moment "And are you? Because I want you with me always Louis, I can't... I don't think I can -"

"Me neither. I don't think I'll, so yeah I promise my love." Louis leans over and makes his best to kiss Harry's forehead. "So how will it be?" Harry looks at Louis weirdly but Louis answers his confusion right away "Are we going to the same university, maybe I'll follow drama and you arts or perhaps you decide to be a shrink and then we will move away to another country?" Louis says in a dramatic tone of voice.

Harry laughs grabbing the fabric from Louis' shirt once again, Louis doesn't mind though. "Maybe... But I'd love to live in London."

"Didn't you come from there?"

"Yes. But I love that place, maybe as much as you love this. You never went there, did you?"

"Not really." Louis answers

"I wished I could take you there one day Lou. That place is amazing, the sky might seem to be sad all the time but that only makes you cheer up otherwise you might think. You need to cheer up because you can't be sad with the sky..."

"We will live there then." Louis says with a genuine smile on his lips. He even smiles with his eyes, with his cheeks, with his whole face and body. Harry only laughs as if he isn't believing in Louis. "I'm being serious Harry." Louis says touching Harry's face, caressing his cheek bones, only to make those green eyes direct to him. "I'll make everything so we can live there together."

"I'd love to." Louis is forced to pull his hand away when Harry lays his face back on his shoulder, near his collarbones. "Live there. With you." Harry whispers and Louis kisses his hair.

"What were you going to say previously?" Louis needs to speak since the sleep was already taking over him between these minutes again in silence, however so much was said in that period of time.

"Oh," When Louis looks at Harry's face, his cheeks are a bit rosy as if he was blushing. No, he definitely is blushing. "I remembered about something I wrote for you, I mean... about you." He says not meeting Louis' gaze, even though he's feeling those blue eyes staring at him and he just feels exposed. "I can't tell you everything I have in that journal but –"

"Harry you don't need to."

"No. No I don't, but I want to. Share something with you. You deserve it and I always... always wished I could have the courage to tell you about the things I've written and drawn about you... but I never –I never got it. You read a few, but I want to tell you myself." Harry confesses and it's so important for Louis to listen to that. Harry doesn't need to prove anything that he trusts Louis, but the fact that he's doing this because he simply wants to, makes Louis feel good.

Louis keeps silence but squeezes Harry's hip as if saying that it's okay. "There are... There are a few things in life so beautiful they hurt;" Harry starts, voice so sweet and it sounds like he's singing.  "swimming in the ocean while it rains, reading alone in empty libraries," his voice is slow and Louis listens to him attentively while looking at his gorgeous face, trying to catch every expression it might be important to "the sea of stars that appear when you're miles away from the neon lights of the city, bars after 2am, walking in the wilderness, all the phases of the moon," Harry is pointing at the moon but Louis is looking at his hand "the things we do not know about the universe, and... and you." He takes a deep breathe

"And by how beautiful you are I need to touch you..." Louis keeps looking at Harry and his greens eyes go wide "but, like, not inappropriately." Harry says louder than he has been speaking but Louis doesn't see anything wrong so he doesn't react "I just wanna feel every piece of skin you have underneath my fingertips. I wanna know how it feels like. I like to be able to say that I know your body, know every bit of you. Know where it feels good, where it makes you giggle, where it makes you shiver, where will make you arc your spine." Harry is blushing and his voice is slow and comes between shorts gasps "And I want to kiss every mark you might have, cure your fears with my touch and make you see fireworks. Like you do to me. I wanna be sure you are real and you are there. Breathing. Next to me. Be sure that you're not only a beautiful dream I have every night. I want you all and at the end I want you to make all of this to me to be sure that there is an us and that it's not only my imagination. That I am yours like you are mine. That it's mutual. And that won't be anyone else making you as happy as I can make you."

Harry finishes with his face blank and Louis... Louis only doesn't cry because he cried everything he could previously and his eyes feel too heavy for that. His heart is pounding on his chest but he forgets everything that is around him, even the beautiful sky, even the reason why breathing is important.  

He places his hand on Harry's waist and in a second he's spinning him around so he's on top of Harry. His green eyes look like glass, crystal even and he looks at Louis surprised but he's so beautiful. So beautiful underneath Louis with those plumped red lips, as if he always wears lipstick, which call for Louis' every time he looks at them.

Louis puts his both hands under Harry's shirt, just to feel the warm skin underneath his fingertips like Harry said. He goes all the way up, not caring if he's exposing the younger boy's belly a bit, there's nothing behind this touch only softness, and leans down at the same time.

His lips connect with Harry's neck, slowly leaving traces of kisses on the exposed skin. He feels Harry shivering underneath him with the whole sudden gesture.

"So beautiful Harry, that was so beautiful..." Louis whispers on Harry's collarbones, the so lovable and shaped bones. One of his hands makes its way up so he can rest in on Harry's jaw. "Thank you," he continues in his low tone, still not giving attention to Harry's reaction. He doesn't even allow himself to think. "Thank you, my love. So beautiful. So good." Louis places kisses on Harry's skin every each word.

Harry smells good, always smells but this time it seems like has another effect on Louis.

He caresses Harry's jaw with his thumb, gently and in small circles, while he gives wet kisses on the other side. Harry is biting his lip and Louis wished he could speak now, say what's been through his mind while Louis is on top of him, kissing his skin as if he was whispering promises, and with half of his chest exposed. Say something, really, even if it's to tell him to stop.

"Lou..." Harry breathes out when Louis sucks a small but still painful and pleasurable hickey right in the curve of his neck, close to his jaw. Only to prove Harry that yes he is as his as he is for Harry.

"Yes baby... You're beautiful. All you said is beautiful and..." and I'm so in love with you "and thank you for telling me it. I loved it I –"

"Lou..." Harry repeats but this time it doesn't sound like a gasp, half moan, it sounds tenderly and Harry's voice is so catchy to Louis' ears.

He grabs Louis' face in both hands and makes him look at him in the eyes because the way Louis was speaking... shaking and the way he sounded like at any minutes he'd break down made Harry a bit worry.

He has nothing to worry about, Louis has. Louis can't believe Harry could share what he wrote this way while Louis can't speak his truthful feelings. Harry thinks Louis is brave and can do everything he wants because he fears nothing, because he was always a man, even as a kid... But Louis feels like he's disappointing Harry, as if he's lying to him.

"Harry..." Louis' voice sounds so dead and he feels ashamed to have kissed this gorgeous boy's skin underneath him, touch him this way and feeling the way he did. Differently.

"Talk to me Lo –"

"I just really wanna kiss you..." Louis says lowly and he believes he's under the effect of drugs even without taking them. He quickly hides his face on the crook of Harry's neck and Harry is frozen now.

"Wh –What?"

"Harry..." Louis repeats after extensive seconds and he asks himself if Harry really understood what he had confessed "Let me just take you on a date tomorrow." He whispers "A real date." Louis kisses Harry on their usual place and let's his eyes fall shut, gripping Harry's waist and just not slapping himself because he's out of energy.

He doesn't need Harry to answer him, he doesn't expect and he doesn't want it either. So the answer never comes. Minutes, long minutes pass and in that dark night mixed with silence, Harry's voice is heard by the waves of the ocean "Louis?" but there's no answer and Louis is sleeping with his head on Harry's shoulder and being held by his best friend, the one he loves deeply.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 464 8
303K 4K 28
Description inside :)