Two Lives, One Heart

By issabell825

When Jade Anderson gets caught with something at school, she must change her whole life around. New friends... More

Two Lives, One Heart
Do I regret it?
What?!
Be Mature About It

Should Have Said No

55 0 0
By issabell825

                The rest of the day went by fast. I was pulling my textbooks out of my locker when I saw my detention slip fall out. I picked it up and remembered that I had detention afterschool with Mr. Andrews. I put my textbooks back into my locker and started walking to Mr. Andrews’s class. When I opened the door, his classroom was filled with delinquents. I was officially terrified. I’ve served detention before but there was like two other people in the class. 

                “Take a seat Jade,” Mr. Andrews demanded and I did what I was told. I walked to the back of the room and chose a seat next to wall that was filled with carvings, gang names, and drawings.

                I checked my pocket once again, just to see if the money was still there. And it hit me. I need to Jeremy before he goes home. I couldn’t just walk out of here; can I? I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn’t even notice the person standing next to me.

                “That’s my seat,” I looked up and it was him. Jeremy West.

                “Oh I’m so sorry,” I got my stuff and moved to the desk next him. Here’s my chance to ask him, he’ll probably say yes though. “Hey can I ask you for a favor?”

                “It depends. What do you want me to do?” he asked, never turning to look at me.

                “Well I was just wondering if you will be able to pick up for me.”

                “Whoa slow down there, Angel. Aren’t you Jade Anderson?” he finally looked at me with a smile.

                “Yeah but what does that have to do with anything though?” I didn’t understand why he was asking who I was. It’s a yes or no question.

                “I would love to pick up for you but you’re the school’s little Angel. Why are you in here for anyways?”

                “I was late for class and so that’s it? You’re not going to do it for me?”

                “Sorry baby girl but the last thing that I want is to get caught up. Besides I thought you didn’t do that kind of stuff,” he gave me a questioning look.

                “I don’t. I just thought that you would want $300 overnight… but I guess you’re just not up for that kind of money. I’ll just ask someone else. Thanks though,” I looked ahead but I felt his stare, still on me. I pulled out my phone and started texting.

                “You don’t have that kind of money.” He said after a while.

                “Oh yeah?” I challenged. I pulled out the money and placed it on his desk. I smiled and took back the money after a few seconds of Jeremy staring at it.

                “Alright deal. When do you want it?”

                “Tomorrow morning, wait for me at my locker,” I took a piece of paper out of my bag and wrote my locker number on it. “Here,” I handed him the paper. “I’ll pay you the money tomorrow because I have a feeling that you might lose it.”

                “Okay baby girl. Give me your number as well.”

                “What for?” I asked.

                “Just give me your number and stop asking questions,” he pulled out his phone and gave it to me.

                “Fine,” I pulled out my phone and handed it to him. I put my number in his phone and he put his number in my phone. We traded phones and the bell rang, dismissing us for the rest of day.

                “See you later, baby doll,” he winked at me and walked out of the classroom.

                I gathered my things from my locker and went out to the student parking lot. As I walked closer to my car, I saw someone sitting on the hood of my BMW.

                “Excuse me, can I help you?” I asked the guy who was looking down at his phone.

                “Yes, are you Jade Anderson?” he asked while putting his phone away and turning his attention to me.

                “Yeah… who are you?” Who is this guy?

                “I’m Jacob Stevens. I’m a friend of Angie’s. I came here to talk to you about her. In 6th period, Angie was taken to the emergency room during P.E. she had a panic attack and the officers found the drugs in her purse. You are her best friend so I would assume that you might know a little moreabout what happened to her.”

                Angie went to the hospital?

                “How long ago did they take her?” I wanted to know more information before I answered any of his questions.

“She was taken to the hospital about 20 minutes after the bell rang at the end of the day. I came here but you didn’t show up until now, I’m assuming you were in detention?”

                “Yeah, I was. Um... did Angie mention anything about me to the officers?” at this very moment, I became worried. If she told the officers that I’m picking up weed for her; I’m so busted.

“Not that I know of; although she told me that you were going to hook it up though, so I came to you,” he finished his sentence and each second that’s going by, the more anxious I’m getting.

“Well she was telling the truth I was going to get it for her tomorrow. But to answer your question, she was probably on the pills that she was selling. That’s how she gave me all of this money,” I took out the $300 from my pocket.

He looked at the money and nodded. “I just wanted to know a little more about what happened to her,” he looked down with sadness.

“Jacob, do you like Angie?” I asked him, trying to look him in the eye.

He chuckled and stayed quiet for a few seconds. He looked up at me and finally answered my question. “I’ve had a crush on her since last year but she friend zoned me a few months back,” he finished.

“Oh, I’m so sorry about that,” I felt sympathy for Jacob; he was just another one of guys on her list. Angie was asked out by a lot of guys but she rejected all of them because she finds no interest in boys, she’s lesbian. I want to tell Jacob to get over her because he has no chance but it seems to me, that he doesn’t want any more bad news about her.

After that, Jacob got a phone call and had to leave. I got into my car and realized that if Angie told Jacob, she probably told a lot of other people as well…

I drove home and went straight to my room. I set my bag to the side and turned on the TV.  I was surfing the channels when I see a picture of Angie on the news. I turned the volume a little bit higher and sit down on my bed.

“Not too long ago, in Jefferson high, a teenage girl was rushed to the emergency room shortly after she had an overdose. Officers say that she was selling clinical pills and sampling her own drugs. As investigators call in a few students who might have known something about it, rumors are spreading that there might have been another student who was involved with this. Rumors say, that a friend of hers had promised $300 of marijuana. The LAPD is already searching who her mystery partner in crime might be. Stay tuned to find out more about this shocking new story.”

I turned off the TV and sat on my bed emotionless. There is no way that I will be able to get away with this. There is no doubt in my mind that they will find me. I have to think of something quick before tomorrow. Everyone knows that I’m Angie’s best friend so they will most likely call me in for questioning. I took out the money and thought more about the situation.

My phone starts ringing and I answer it immediately after looking at the caller ID. “Hello?” I answered.

“Baby doll it’s me. I just saw the news. Listen, I won’t be able to get you the weed. If they find you, then they find me. I can’t take those chances though. I’m sorry about your friend by the way. Anyways I wish I can help you out but I hope you understand.” It was Jeremy. And I do understand he is just trying to stay away from getting in trouble.

“No it’s totally fine. I was actually going to call you. You know, to cancel everything. And don’t worry; I won’t even mention your name to anyone. I still have the money with me so I’ll just say that I haven’t asked anyone to pick up for me. I wouldn’t want anyone else to get in more problems than there already is.” It’s true. I didn’t want Jeremy to get in trouble because of me when I was the one who practically pressured him to.

“Thanks baby doll. I knew you would understand. Anyways, I have to go. Hopefully I’ll see you around tomorrow.”

“Sure, okay bye Jeremy.”

“Bye, bye baby doll,” after that he hung up and I knew that I had my story ready just in case the cops find a way to me.

~~~

picture of Angie on the side!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.9K 2.7K 50
สŸแดœแดษชษดแดแดœ๊œฑ; ๊œฐแดœสŸสŸ แด๊œฐ แดส€ ๊œฑสœแด‡แด…แด…ษชษดษข สŸษชษขสœแด›; ส™ส€ษชษขสœแด› แดส€ ๊œฑสœษชษดษชษดษข, แด‡๊œฑแด˜แด‡แด„ษชแด€สŸสŸส ษชษด แด›สœแด‡ แด…แด€ส€แด‹.
188K 5.2K 96
not you're average mafia brothers and sister story.. This is the story of Natasha Clark, an assassin, mafia boss, and most of all the long lost siste...
37.4K 17 5
ุงู†ุง ูƒุงุชุจ ู‚ุตุต ุชุญุฑุด ุฌุฑูŠุฆู‡ ูˆู…ู…ุชุนู‡ ู„ู„ุจู†ุงุช ูˆุจุนุงู…ู„ู‡ู… ุจูƒู„ ุงุฏุจ ูˆุงุญุชุฑุงู… ูˆุจุญู„ ู…ุดุงูƒู„ู‡ู… ูƒู…ุงู† ูˆุจุญุจ ุงู…ุชุนู‡ู… ุจุฑุฌูˆู„ู‡ ูˆุงู‡ุชู…ุงู… ุงู„ุชูˆุงุตู„ ู…ุนุงูŠุง ุนู„ู‰ ุงู„ูˆุงุชุณ ูˆุงู„ููŠุณ ูˆุงู†ุณุชุง ูˆุจ...