Academy of Beasts

By Futuralist

The Hunter of the Workshop had finally slain the final adversary of his Hunt. Now with the Dream coming to a... More

1 - Awakening
2 - Moka Akashiya
4 - Saizou Komiya
4.5 - Rumours
5 - Kurumu Kurono
5.5 - Weekend
6 - Club Activities
7 - Midterms
8 - Yukari Sendō
8.5 - Absence
9 - Hitomi Ishigami
10 - Academic Public Safety Commission
11 - Madness

3 - English

5.3K 137 55
By Futuralist

Right, this is based alot more on the manga than the anime, and it's from the Hunter's perspective.

Since the manga is superior and much more suiting.

17th January 2019 - 100 Reads

_______________

There was muttering between the classmates of Class 1-A. Undoubtedly about the apparent new English teacher.

An understandable reaction, as most of them were only seeing the teacher for the first time, not even throughout the entire day did they once see him.

Infact, only Moka was the only one to have seen him.

Speaking of Moka, she was the most shocked of learning who the man she'd met in the morning was.

An immediate flashback rolled in her mind of her wanting to taste his blood, internally she was panicking.

-----

A Headmaster's authority was truly a frightening thing indeed, the Hunter had learnt.

In only mere hours, he had already been allocated a teaching schedule and a place of residence, as per the norm for faculty.

Its authority even reached to the educator's essentials.

The names of the students in the roll book which the Headmaster provided, whose names were originally written in their native language, was already written to a readable state, which the Headmaster called Romaji, which consisted of the English language alphabet that he could read.

Opening the roll to the correct class, with a fountain pen in hand. The Hunter-turned educator begun the roll call.

Although, knowing that all the students before him were only beasts in human skin did not ease his caution.

"Keyock-ka Tet-tsu (Kyoka Tetsu)." the Hunter begun, unintentially botchering the pronunciation.

There was collective confusion between the class because the Hunter's pronunciation.

The students however, were afraid of the monotonous tone he used, so they dared not to even try to correct him.

"H-here...?" the aforementioned student called out, raising her hand. The mispronunciation made it difficult to be certain whether her name was called out.

The Hunter glanced at the student, his eyebrow raised at her stutter, but all he did was tick the name and move on.

"Tsuk-keyom-mi Fuy-u (Tsukiyomi Fuyu)." he continued.

"Here."

The name was ticked.

Rinse and repeat.

"Kur-rum-mu Kuro-no (Kurumu Kurono)."

"Morning!" said female student shouted with optimism.

The name was ticked.

"Sai-sou Kom-miya (Saizou Komiya)."

The mentioned student clicked his tongue in annoyance.

The name was ticked.

"Mit-tsue Enk-ko (Mitsue Enko)."

"Here."

The name was ticked.

"Miz-zore She-ra-yuk-ki (Mizore Shirayuki)."

...

"Absent."

The name was crossed.

"Yan-nag-gis-saw-wa Tae (Yanagisawa Tae) ."

"Here."

The name was ticked.

"Tsuk-kune Ao-no (Tsukune Aono). "

"H-Here!"

The stutter from the student was not left unnoticed.

Out of curiosity, the Hunter glanced at the mentioned student.

Warily, the aforementioned student kept keeping away his eye contacts from his surrounding peers.

The name was ticked.

"Here."

The name was ticked.

"Kaw-wa-har-ra Emi. (Kawahara Emi)."

"Here."

The name was ticked.

Many more names called out with a reply in their tongue, and many more names were ticked with the occasional crosses.

"Moka Akashiya." The Hunter remembered the name, and being the sole student that he had heard speak of her name, therefore this was the only name he pronounced correctly.

Hmm. From the way the name was pronounced to the way it was written in this Romaji alphabet, the Hunter had determined he mispronounced all of the other names of the students.

Which comes to question.

Why had the students not tried correcting him?

Now that he thought of it, was there not the hunter who had a name similar to these names? The Hunter recalled.

Yamamura, was it?

"Here." said familiar female student answered in English.

The name was ticked.

(Name Generator, ftw. Anyways, an actual English speaker would likely pronounce Romaji like regular English like what's written above.)

-----

"From today onwards, I will be your educator in the English language." the new English teacher called out to Moka and her classmates.

A hand was raised.

"Miss Tae."

"Sensei, you need to tell us your name too."

The teacher held his chin in between his thumb and index finger in curiosity. "My apologies, my understanding of this land's language is lacking."

Moka held up her hand.

"Miss Akashiya."

"Mister. Miss Tae wants you to tell us your name." It was now certain in her mind that he spoke only English.

The teacher stared blankly at her, making her wonder if she seemed rude to him. That was not the case, since he turned to write his name on the board.

Syn.

"This is my name. Whether you are able read this will allow me to determine your current abilities."

To his displeasure, nearly none of her classmates showed the ability to read his name, as the majority showed struggle, as Moka could see.

Fortunately for her, Moka remembered, and could recall the English she'd learnt during Junior High.

Although that lead to her classmates there making fun of her.

Moka pushed the bad memories aside, she needed to focus on the class first. "Mr. Syn!" Moka called out.

"Miss Akashiya?"

"Do you also have a last name?"

"I have none."

Syn-sensei turned to face the blackboard, picking up a chalk block and begun to write down on the blackboard.

When his back was turned against the class, Moka heard her classmates whisper harshly to each other.

"Will this class even work? The sensei can't even speak Japanese."

"He doesn't even show his face!"

"Hey you know what, let's not pay attention at all!"

A block of chalk was thrown onto each of the whispering students' desk, distinegrating upon contact.

The sudden noise caused them to shriek in fear.

His ears were sharp, even if he couldn't understand Japanese, it seemed like he already knew they were badmouthing him.

In his left hand, he played with a couple of chalk pieces, while he continued to write on the blackboard with his right.

He didn't even need to look back to know where to throw the chalk.

"Refrain from whispering during class, chastise me at your own time."

"Y-yes sir!" Instinctively, the students already knew what the teacher was saying from the tone in his voice.

The English alphabet was written down on the blackboard.

"I myself know not the expectations of an educator, however I will do my best to teach the basics."

______________

There was barely any progress to be made with the class, with the teacher unable to understand Japanese, and the majority of the class unable to understand Syn-sensei's English.

Pronunciation of the English alphabet is difficult after all for a native Japanese speaker, since the English alphabet had letters which did not make any of the Japanese alphabet sounds.

Moka raised her hand once again.

"Miss Akashiya."

"Mister Syn, do you need any help teaching?" Moka asked, out of concern. She volunteered to help out the class, seeing as her peers were struggling. Even if the teacher seemed intimidating, from his stature, his glare, and even his mere presence, Moka felt it he was still trying his hardest.

There was praise whispered throughout the class. Mostly of her being perfect.

"Your peers seem enthusiastic of the idea."

______________

Signaled by the ringing of the bell, which meant the end of the class, the Hunter begun packing up what little he brought along to class.

Although, using a bell as the method to signal the beginning and end of a class made him recall rather... unpleasant memories.

The productivity for the students, many of whom were close to beginners, had certainly passed his expectations. He must admit.

Perhaps it was because of his volunteer.

When the Hunter was about to leave the room, he felt a tug on the back of his coat.

"Mister Syn."

Speaking of his volunteer.

"Miss Akashiya. Is something the matter?" the Hunter asked, looking down at her.

"About what happened in the morning, I'm sorry!" Moka bowed apologetically. "I didn't know you were a teacher..."

She must been talking about the events which transpired earlier, while it somewhat startled the Hunter due to the sudden realization, nothing came out of it. "There is no ire. After all, I was only recently given the role."

"O-oh! Really?" Miss Akashiya asked, a surprised expression on her face.

"Your Headmaster was very persuasive."

"Is he?"

A nod in reply.

"Anyways Mr. Syn. I hope you'll find a great time teaching us here!" Moka said enthusiastically.

The Hunter nodded. "I look forward to your co-operation from now. Go head on for lunch. You do not want to keep your associate awaiting." He said, pointing towards Tsukune, who was presumably awaiting for Moka to finish her conversation with him.

Moka nodded, turning to walk towards Tsukune.

The Hunter opened the sliding door, taking a step outside, before he paused. "And Miss Akashiya."

With her attention grabbed, she turned to the Hunter once again. "Yes Mr. Syn?"

"Try to refrain from draining too much of his blood." The Hunter stated.

As he finished his sentence, the Hunter left the room, closing the door behind him. Leaving Moka standing in shock of his knowing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 19 18
The school life of a British-American student gets turned upside down when he enrolls into Yokai Academy. Join him and a few familiar faces as they g...
453K 11.5K 46
A young, 16 year old girl called Yuna, now finally takes control of her own life. Her mother sad about her leaving home to go to the private, mysteri...
49.4K 844 25
Reiji Oni, a sixteen year old demon from Hell, enrolls at Yokai Academy and joins Tsukune and his friends on their wacky ride through high school. Th...
64 5 18
This is the First After Story, my first remake, and my third project. Tatsumi Marin had met up with Braedey Martin, bearer of the Transformatrix. To...