A SINGLE BLUE FLAME ;; T. DA...

Від takutea

Misunderstood. Misunderstood is a common word used to excuse the dark purposes or intentions of toxic people... Більше

Author's note (ιмρσятαит )
playlist
the talk (1)
the night we met (2)
afraid (3)
issues (4)
wishes (5)
profile
gamble (6)
escape (7)
polaroid (8)
another day (9)
insomniac (10)
genesis (11)
threat (12)
asphyxia (13)
lockheart (14)
• april fools (im not sorry) •
trauma (15)
spar (16)
reflect (17)
medicate (18)
profile #2 (takaoka)
profile #3 (lockheart)
white (19)
update ! (URGENT)
theories ( 20 )

-Prologue- мιѕυи∂єяѕтσσ∂

9.4K 314 176
Від takutea

Misunderstood.
Misunderstood is a common word used to excuse the dark purposes or intentions of the toxic people around us. In society's nowadays, it's a common term used to describe villains. Villains are monsters, the bane of existence, the lowest of the low. That's what young children are taught, and these words are etched into their system for them to never forget. Basic knowledge that any young soul will repeat as a nursery rhyme.

(Y/N) (L/N) had been taught what is good and what is bad. She was aware of what was right and wrong, yet .. that fine line between good and evil had become blurred for her along the way of the harsh reality that is life.

"(Y/N) sweetie, we need to talk."

It all started on a peaceful day, ever since the  incident, (Y/N)'s parents always seemed unsettled around her. Even though the occurrence was quite common , the fact that now (Y/N) had become one of her parents demons was concerning, both to (Y/N) and her family.

"Alright mama.." (Y/N) quietly replied.

Her household was always a peaceful one, she had loving parents that supported her full on through and took the utmost care of her. The girl also had 3 siblings: Nanami, Akihiro and Sakura (L/N). They all got along and loved each other, nothing to split them apart. It was a prime example on what a healthy family looked like. Well, all of that until (Y/N)'s quirk manifested.

Once her abilities had began showing, at first her family wasn't concerned. She probably had an illusion quirk. Well, it turned out it was much worse than that. It would always begin in a small manner when (Y/N) showed signs of being upset or irritated.A purple tinted fog would bleed out of her pores and hands, entrapping anyone in her sight inside a powerful illusion. This would go on for some time, until the effects faded, leaving the victim usually in a state of shock or panic. (Y/N) had no idea how to control this, no matter how much she tried it would always end in the same result, someone would always get hurt. Her power was an odd mutation of her parents quirk, so they didn't know how to handle it either.

As time passed her quirk only became the more powerful .Whenever she became troubled the known tingle of power flooded her system and leaked out the toxic fumes.

(Y/N)'s friends eventually ran away from her as well, scared of what was her power and what it could do to them. Only one remained.

(Y/N) sat silently in the dinner table, recalling the incident that most likely triggered this talk to happen , she had tried to lock it away deep in the corners of her memory. She chose to keep it that way, wanting to suppress the horrible imagery that haunted her daily sleep. Sadly, even the slightest tick flipped a switch deep inside her, making it all flood back. It always came back the same way, reviving the vivid memory of a few nights ago.

....
"Mama! Papa!"
A small girl yelled at the top of her lungs, filling the empty house with shrieks, her thin voice echoing through the small house. The shrill sound quickly woke up the rest of the children who were in deep slumber inside the house. She couldn't help it, it always happened this way.

She stepped into the fog, trying to desperately cling onto any sense of what was reality and what was fiction. The familiar scent of burning chemicals flooded her nostrils. Smoke arose from her palms and bled through her pores, deepening the illusion she was trapped in. Her light (E/C) orbs moved up to the scene she had been terrified of looking at.

Red, the color crimson was everywhere. Splatters of the thick liquid covered the living room she had been standing in as she watched two figures she could identify as her parents struggle to straddle three small figures in their arms. She squinted through the thick fog , starting to feel her body become too heavy for her to hold. The two shadows that were her parents held the 3 children tightly , clutching them close as they stared up at a single silhouette. A small girl hysterically laughed as she clutched a knife , her giggles sending shivers down (Y/N)'s spine. The little girl began slowly stepping closer to the two adults.

"Kaede, take the kids and go. It's gone on far too long."

The woman looked up at her husband with a distraught look on her expression. Her eyes carried a heavy sorrow as she spared a glance to the little girl and then down at the three bundles of life that she was struggling to hold.

"We.. we can't." She whispered breathlessly , almost asphyxiating on the thick fumes.

"Nanami is hurt, take the children now." The man quickly cut her off, his eyes darkening as they met with hers. He placed a protective arm over her frame, especially close to what seemed the youngest child, around age 5. Nanami, sobbed in her mother's embrace as she clutched a wound over her body, blood oozing down from a single deep cut that had formed on her abdomen. Such a wound at a young age could end in devastating results if not treated on time. Nanami sobbed, her body beginning to tremble from the blood loss she was experiencing.

"I just.." The woman quickly cut herself off and looked down at her daughter, the laughing of the little girl that was holding the threatening weapon beginning to increase in volume.

The woman gulped and picked up the bleeding girl, turning her head to look at the scene one last time. She ushered the other two children along with her and fled from the scene, to soon hear another scream echo through the room.

The piercing sound this time erupted from the mans throat, the small girl had lunged over him and began swinging blind stabs to try to take a jab at the man under her. His big hands tried to take a hold of the girl. He begged her to remain still, the words reaching empty on the attacker's mind.

The man continued to fight off the child over him, such a brawl seemed almost comical. A grown man against a small sized girl. His movements were short and swift, blocking off all of her hits and trying to push her off without hurting the female. He gasped as the knife brushed close to his skin and barely missed a couple of times.

This exchange happened for what seemed an eternity before the crazed girl landed a hit on the man, plunging the blade deep into his stomach. She turned it and watched as the blood coated the shirt and began draining the man from life, her dull (E/C) orbs peering down at him, watching his body slowly give in to the fight.

All (Y/N) could do was watch as her father withered and lost against the small girl , sobbing and trying to run up to her parents, telling them it's all just an illusion, a lie.

Yet she couldn't, her (E/C) orbs glazed over onto the heartless girl that dared to take her parents lives away. The crazed girl slowly stood up from holding down what was now (Y/N)'s fathers corpse and turned her head towards (Y/N). Her (H/L) locks dampened from the blood that had splattered on her petite body. She smiled at (Y/N), lifting her hand up to show her the gleaming blood stained knife she was holding. The weapons glinted against the dim light in the room, droplets of blood dripping onto the floor.

(Y/N) could only scream, wanting to pounce and murder the girl with her own cold hands, strangle this figment of her power until it couldn't breathe or move. She wanted it to suffer.

Yet she couldn't do that. Only tears streamed down her eyes , gaze turning hollow at the empty vision that was facing her.

(Y/N) was looking up at herself holding the bloody knife. The girl she so desperately wanted to end was her worst enemy, a figment of herself.

The small girl seemed like a younger version of (Y/N) , this being demonstrated by her more round features and smaller proportions. It was
still most definitely her.

(Y/N) sobbed and hiccuped as her mirror image giggled softly, the insanity slowly eating down (Y/N)'s mind. The sound began to fade, bringing the smoke along with it.

The wisps of the smoke began cascading down, dwindling until they became nothing and melt down mixing with the air itself. Reality began sinking into the poisoned environment. (Y/N) opened her eyes to see her parents safe and sound, trembling and holding eachother in the living room. Panic, anxiety, trembling, sweating, nausea. Those were the after effects of her quirk. Their bodies expressed nothing but pure fear, yet they were alright. No stabs or any wounds to be seen unlike the previous bloody vision they had all experienced. A sigh of relief swept through (Y/N), knowing it was over now. The 2 adults murmured loving words to each other before they straightened up to look around at the now normal living room.

Then it sank in. (Y/N) watched as they slowly incorporated themselves, looking around to realize it had happened again.

Ever since (Y/N) was about 4, she experienced the first taste of her damned quirk. She had been forsaken with the ability to create illusions that trapped people in a type of trance. In this trance, they are subjected to scenarios where they are entrapped with their triggers, phobia. Their worst nightmares. (Y/N)'s power had a mind of its own, pinpointing her enemies worst fear and using it against them, strangling them with the darkest, most gruesome , perverse illusions anyone could ever imagine.

Thanks to this horrid power, ever since she first manifested her quirk, (Y/N) would accidentally activate her ability and cause twisted illusions to make their way to her family's mind. This became a common occurrence, turning her siblings against her in fear. The screaming in the mornings, the sobbing, the smoke curling in the room to then disperse into nothing, it was all normal. But every time a new terror would arrive by (Y/N)'s hand, her sanity slowly deteriorated along with it . She witnessed every single twisted illusion and knowing it all came from her made it all worse.

A mix or anger and despair boiled in her veins as she observed her parents stand up slowly, turning to see (Y/N) curled up on the cold tiles, glaring up at them. One of her own biggest fears had become a reality.

(Y/N) had accidentally activated her quirk during a fickle argument with her parents, smoke pouring from her body and entrapping them in another horrific illusion.

She had seen it all. Cheating, abuse, kidnapping, and others. Yet she had never seen her own parents be afraid of her. She was a monster and she knew this. But the fact that her caretakers, the people who brought her to life, were afraid of her- no.. were afraid of her hurting her own flesh and blood was heartbreaking. Her mind hit a wall she never thought that she would come to.

________________________________

Hello lovelies! Hopefully this chapter made sense, it's supposed to be somewhat confusing to the reader at first. If you didn't understand it you're open to ask me anything! This is my first serious book and I'm actually pretty nervous about it heh.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

185K 8K 90
"It scares me", he whispered. "What does?", her eyes searched his face. "That you chose to love me out of everyone in this world", he breathed, his e...
2.3M 86.8K 55
"I'm a bad person. Does that make a difference?" - Meeting someone who was severely injured in the pouring rain wasn't what Y/N expected when she l...
45.7K 1K 36
Y/n is a 23 year old young woman who is working as a prostitute to struggle through her days in life. She is not proud of what she is doing of course...
2.6K 158 8
DISCONTINUED "Although this scenery seemed so vividly beautiful, it put me off my ease. It was strange how a mixture of mere gas and water could make...