Give up

Galing kay Seeyousoonmaybe

This story takes places right after avengers 1. It's a Loki x mutant girl story. Warning! battles, torture... Higit pa

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10

Part 7

407 9 2
Galing kay Seeyousoonmaybe

I still feel a little bit groggy as I wake up in my bed the next morning. Wait, my bed? The last thing I remember is sitting next to Loki in the library. Did he care me back to bed when I was asleep? It seems like the only valuable explanation. The simple thought brings a small smile on my lips. I really am Loki to have the God of Mischief as a friend. There are so many similarities between us, it seems like fate bound us together.

My stomach begins to growl, giving me no choice but to find some food. I jump from the bed, still wearing my jeans and t-shirt from yesterday. I'm immediately greeted by the two men I know I can always count on. Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. There are both sitting around the kitchen counter, looking worriedly at the cups of coffee in front of them. The men immediately look up as they hear me enter the room.

"Hey, Saralyn. Look, I'm so sorry for what happened yesterday. I shouldn't had let him meet with you without knowing what he really wanted..." Tony starts to apologise.

"It's okay, I know it's not your fault. It was silly of me to think they would ever want me back after all these years. Maybe this was exactly what I needed to finally let go of the past. It still hurts but I know I can move on." I explain. "Now, if you still want me here, I'll be really happy to stay in the avenger compound for a little longer" I say with a shy smile, looking at the ground.

I suddenly feel Tony coming closer, engulfing me in a fatherly hug. I return his embrace, holding on to him for comfort.

"You know you're always welcome here, kiddo" he whispers kissing my temple. I turn my head to lock eyes with Bruce, still sitting on his chair, looking at us with a shy but still loving smile on his face.

--------------------------------------

"Aaaand dodge!" Steve orders, as I lower my head to doge is last punch.

"Great job, Saralyn!" he exclaims as I look up at him with a shaky breath. Steve was kind enough to train me in hand in hand combat, in order to help me recover. I met with him after my breakfast and we've been training for hours now. My body is covered in sweat and I'm starting to feel weak again.

"We trained enough for today. It's only been a few weeks and you're still not as strong as you'd like to be. You need to be careful. You're not completely healed yet." He says in a fatherly voice, leading me to a nearby bench. We both take a sip of water while looking at the other agents training around the room.

"Tell me, Saralyn. Why is Loki reading in the training room today?" Steve finally asks me. I turn my head to look at the god, sitting near the window with a book in hand, oblivious at his surroundings.

"I don't know, Cap'. Why don't you just ask him?" I reply with a shrug.

"Doesn't matter." Steve mutters. I roll my eyes at him while getting up to talk with Loki, Steve following close behind.

"Hey, Loki! What are you doing in the training room? Afraid someone's going to harm me? I knew you were a real prince charming" I tease him.

"Don't give yourself so much credit, mortal." He responds, in his typical annoyed voice. He slowly put his book on his lap, to look at us. "Apparently, my brother is afraid I won't be able to fight when the time will come." He explains while waving his hand in despise. "He asked me to spend more time in the training room and that's exactly what I'm doing" he smirks mischievously.

The caring and emotional Loki is already gone, replaced by the cold and bored black hair god. He may act like this in front of other people but I know the true Loki.

"Maybe you should take your brother's advice more seriously. It would be such a pity for you if I kick your ass during a training session" I tease him with a fake pitiful expression.

"It would be my honour to kick yours, little one" he replies, giving me his best predatory expression. I can't help but let out a laugh, making Loki's eyes glinting from the successful reaction. I feel like it's been a while since I allowed myself to joke around and smile.

"Sorry to interrupt but I need to inform you that I won't be the one training you tomorrow, Saralyn" Steve suddenly pops in.

"Wait, what? One day of training and you're already done with me?" I exclaim, looking at him desperately.

"I'm sorry but Fury is sending me on a mission. Don't worry, I found someone willing to help you. Agent Grand is going to train you for the upcoming week." He informs me, with a proud smile on his face.

"Are you kidding me?! You're leaving me with a psychopath?!" I shout at him. His smile immediately disappears, replaced by a worried expression.

"What are you talking about?" he asks confused.

"He was the one training me when I first arrived. He's the hardest trainer alive, believe me. He's making you work until you collapse! No one wants to go on mission with him, let alone train with him" I explain to him.

"Don't be silly, Saralyn. I'm sure it's going to work just fine. I promise you on my life that he's not going to be too harsh" Steve says to me in a reassuring voice, before grabbing his bag to leave.

"Better start digging your grave soldier" I mutter under my breath, making Loki chuckle.

--------------------------------

I can't hold back a groan as I sit down next to Loki the next day, with my bottle of water in hand.

"Is something troubling you? Your fuming brain is making so much noise that I can't concentrate on my current reading" he says in an annoyed voice.

"This guy is a living nightmare! He's lucky I'm still injured or I would have punched him to death by now" I fume before taking a sip of water.

"So much violence coming from such a tiny creature" Loki chuckles in a smoothie voice making me even angrier.

"It's not funny, Loki!! I try my best despite my aching body. He's making me feel like I lost so many of my skills back there when I was kidnapped. I need to start my training all over again. It seems like this man is unbeatable" I finish in a tired and desperate tone.

"That's because he's never met a god before" Loki says before getting up to join the training.

-------------------------------

After almost two hours of instance battle, Loki finally gives the last strike. It was a hand in hand combat without any magic. The god couldn't count on his illusions and let's be honest, he really didn't need any of his tricks to win. He's movement were so fast and still so graceful he almost made it look like a dance. Everyone is staring at him wide eyes.

"I think I just won this part, mortal" Loki states while looking down at the breathless agent with a triumphal smirk on his face.

Agent Grand is literally covered in sweat while Loki still looks like he didn't even fight at all. I can't help but stare at him with my mouth wide open in disbelief.

Suddenly, all the other agents around the training room start to applause. I can't help but follow their lead, almost wanting to see another round. Loki slowly leans near Agent Grand's head to whispers something into his ear. I can't understand what he's telling him for the cheers and talking still haven't stopped now. I see the fallen agent's skin slowly turning white as Loki finally departs with a terrifying cold look. I narrow my eyes, confused about what just happened.

I continue to look at Loki as he makes his way towards the door, trying to understand what he just did. The black hair god sends a devilish smile my way before leaving the training room. I can't help but laugh out loud at this. Loki would probably kill me if he knew but I really think of him as a prince in shining armor right now.

-----------------------------------

"Hey Thor!" I great him as he opens his door. "I heard you wanted to see me?"

"Yes, Lady Saralyn. If you don't mind, I'd like to do it in a more private place" he says while gesturing for me to enter his room.

"Sure" I reply, before entering. It the first time that I find myself in there and I take my time to look around. The room is painted in red and gold and I see Mjolnir hanging on a hook against the wall. There isn't any real decoration in there beside the few furniture. Thor clearly doesn't spend much time in his bedroom. I turn around to face him as I hear him clear his throat.

"Sorry, what was that you wanted to talk about?" I ask him, a little bit confused.

He makes a step towards me and put his two large hands on my shoulders making me feel really tiny.

"I just wanted to thank you" he tells me with a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Me?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes, you, Lady Saralyn. I never saw my brother as calm and serene in years. Your friendship with him is clearly making him feel like he belongs somewhere. You definitely showed him the respect and care I failed to give him. My brother is slowly healing from and it's all because of you, my Lady" he explains in a serious but still happy voice.

I can't help but smile back at him.

"It's not much. I just gave him a chance to show me his true self, that's all."

"And that is more than anyone had done in his life so far" he confesses, looking at the ground with a guilty look on his face.

I squeeze his hand still laying on my shoulder for comfort. "You tried your best, don't ever doubt it" I tell him seriously. I suddenly feel like my bones are going to break into thousand pieces as the blond hair god engulfs me in a bear hug.

"You really are everything but ordinary. I understand why my brother likes your company so much." He says while letting go of me. "Now if you would excuse me, I have an important meeting to attend. My father wants to speak with me about my brother's fate" Thor informs me.

"Sure. I see you soon then" I say waving him goodbye as we both I leave the room to go separate ways.

"Oh, and Thor?" I call back at him.

"Yes, lady Saralyn" he responds turning his head back to me.

"Did you ask Loki to train more often?" I ask him, curiosity getting the best of me.

"I can't remember doing such a thing. Why?" the replies, clearly confused.

"I knew it!" I whisper to myself, before walking towards my bedroom again, a small smile playing on my lips.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.6K 203 49
My first ever fan-fiction. This will be set after his attack on New York, but before Ragnarok. This is intended for an 18+ audience! Now onto the no...
7.3K 293 75
One who have been used, tortured, modified again and again and again until she escaped. She has long forgot of feelings like happy, safe and love. Sh...
16.2K 557 25
It's an Avengers x female reader story. (this takes place in the first Avengers) Left behind by her birth parents and in the care of an elderly man...
49.1K 1.8K 21
Y/n Romanoff is unlike any other Avenger. Not only is she the youngest, but she also doesn't have any powers. Sure, Y/n is a complete badass and trai...