Oh! My Darling Teacher

By lailamehtaab

Meet Shah Brothers... Muhammad Zulqarnain Shah, 27 years old, handsome, humble and one of the best actors... More

Prologue
Chapter#1
Chapter#2
Chapter#3
Chapter#4
Chapter#5
Chapter#6
Chapter#7
Chapter#8
Chapter#9
Chapter#10
Chapter#11
Chapter# 12
Chapter# 13
Chapter# 14
Chapter# 15
Chapter# 16
Chapter#17
Dear Readers
Chapter# 18
Chapter# 19
Chapter # 20
Chapter# 21
Sorry Readers
Chapter # 22
Chapter#23
Chapter # 24
Chapter # 25
Chapter # 26
Chapter# 27
Chapter # 28
Chapter # 30
Chapter#31
Chapter# 32
Chapter# 33
Chapter# 34
Chapter# 35
Chapter# 36
Chapter# 37
Chapter# 38
Chapter#39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41
Chapter#42
Chapter#43
Chapter#44
Chapter#45
Chapter#46
Chapter#47
Chapter#48
Chapter#49
Chapter#50
Chapter#51
Chapter# 52
Chapter #53
I am sorry

Chapter# 29

2.7K 250 11
By lailamehtaab

Unedited.

Hira's POV:

It was a Saturday afternoon when I started to read a novel that Zulqarnain brought for me last week. Usually it is not that problematic like it felt right now because of my moodiness. But when he didn't stop bugging me about it. I thought it was better to read the novel and wind up this story.

At first, I was under the impression that he had already read it and want to do a discussion on the story plot. Therefore, I asked him out of curiosity. But the answer I got left me completely speechless.

'I don't read books, it's boring'

Was his text a reply to my question. At that time I wanted to slam that book on his face but luckily he was on shoots. So I just gave him the silent treatment as my protest, yet for some reason I found myself reading it on my day off.

I have totally lost my mind!

I sighed and turned my attention to the text written on the first page of the book.

"Hira... Beta (child) come here for a minute?" Came Auntie's voice, probably from the Living room.

I quickly put the book on the bed and rushed outside shouted, "Ji (yes) Auntie."

"Hira, I am going with your Uncle to his sister's house for dinner. Ahmar and Zulqarnain will be joining us at night. Would you also like to come?"

"Thank you so much, Auntie, but I rather stay at home. I have to prepare some lectures."

"But you will be alone."

"That's alright, the maid will be here so there is no problem." I smiled.

Without even given thought I refused her. There is no point for a paid guest to cling around with the owner of the house, everywhere they go. Although she cared for me like a daughter still that doesn't change the fact that I am really not related.

"I don't like leaving you alone."

"You worry too much Auntie, I will be fine and it's only for a few hours." I explained and thanks God that she gets my point and didn't insist.

After she left, I engrossed myself in the book again but not after long. The maid knocked on the door informing that a lady from the neighbour is asking for Auntie. I quickly left my room and by the time I reached the living room was already seated on the sofa. The lady was probably in her late forty but the cunning look of her face lacked the tenderness seen on the people of her age.

"Assalam o Alaikum." I Salam her as she was busy scanning me from head to toe.

That's rude...!

"You are the paid guest right?"

"Yes." I tried to smile.

"Heard so much about you." Giving me a forced smile she continued, "Where is Mrs. Shah?"

"Auntie is visiting her relative's house."

"I see, then I will come later." She abruptly stood up.

"Please wait, you just came. At least have some tea."

"Thank you for the offer, but how can I accept something from a guest."

"Then I will offer you." Came Ahmar's voice from somewhere behind.

"Have some tea, Auntie." The hint of irritation in his voice made me turned to him.

"Ahmar, how are you?" Asked the lady.

"Good as always. Please stay for a while, I will ask someone to make tea."

It was hard for me to swallow Ahmar's hospitability. I never thought that he could behave like a good kid or perhaps, it was because I don't know him much.

"There is no need for that. I will call your mother later." She said and Ahmar gave a curt nod in acknowledgement.

"I don't know what she was thinking, leaving a girl with her son. Such girls shouldn't be trusted." She mumbling before leaving but loud enough for us to hear.

What???

I stared her back in complete shock trying to digest what she had said.

What kind of sick mind she has???

I clenched my hands to control my anger.

"Ignore her. She is a cheap person." Said Ahmar standing beside me.

'I don't want to hear from you.'

I opened my mouth to say, but those words never left from it. It was my time of being tested by life and I have to pass it without making any complaints.

"Hm!" I nodded and left.

How many more insults do I have to face???

And why???

I just wanted to live a peaceful life. I hated such people who interfere in other's lives and made it more difficult with their annoying points of view and comments. That's exactly why I isolated myself and Baba from everyone. I knew it wasn't right and nor my religion or my society approve of such a thing. Yet I stayed still my ground for the sake of peace of my mind.

But now, it looks like I can't escape from them forever...

And I am losing my will of fighting gradually, I am tired...

Baba, Ami... is it any peace up there???

I dropped myself on the bed and don't know when their sleep engulfed me, fading all my pain away.

~*~

A faint sound of phone ringing stir up my sleep, with squinted eyes I reached out for my phone to check the caller ID, but to my surprise, it was the morning alarm.

What!

Hastily I sat up and soon noticed the sound of Fajar Azan was echoing in the atmosphere. Waking up the sleeping beings.

I slept a whole day???

I opened my eyes wide and stared at the phone screen once again, to make sure that I wasn't mistaken... and I wasn't.

'What happened to me?' I asked myself while leaving the bed.

During praying, I realized that I was quite hungry and to quiet my growling stomach I flew down to the kitchen, only to find my student there. Drinking his favourite hot chocolate early in the morning.
I stood at the kitchen entrance and stared at the mug in his hand before going inside. I Salam him, knowing very well that he wouldn't take the initiative. He answered me and averted his gaze.

"I am making my breakfast, would you also like something to eat?" I asked because he stayed there even after finishing the hot chocolate.

"The cook made dinner for you." He announced instead of answering my question.

Is he saying that I should eat the food made for me???

"Yes, ... you are right. He would've made dinner for me and I should eat it, instead of cooking something new." I smiled awkwardly going to the refrigerator.

He was right, the cook indeed made dinner for me.

I better eat this...

I stretched my hand to reached out to the pot when the refrigerator door hit my head. Hissing in pain I pulled back and glared at Ahmar who was also glaring back at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked massaging my head.

"What are you doing? I didn't ask you to eat that cold food."

"I wasn't going to eat cold food. I will obviously heat it up."

"That's not my point either."

"Than what is your point?"

"My point is that the dinner was made for you and you didn't eat it." He raised his voice.

" Shh! Why are you shouting?"

"Why are you so annoying?" He slammed his hand on the refrigerator door.

"What?"

"What what?" He didn't lower his voice at all.

"Do you really want to wake everyone?" I crossed my arms.

Here I go again...

I don't understand how he always brought the stubborn child within me...

"If anyone wakes up it will be your fault." He blamed me.

Is it inevitable while dealing with his childish nature???

"How it would be? I am not the one taking out my anger on the refrigerator door."

I don't know...

"...You think you can manipulate everyone, right? Guess what, this trick will not going to work on me."He said pointing his finger at my face and then stormed out of the kitchen.

I stood on my spot unable to understand what he was referring to and when I tried to manipulate whom? That guy is a strange mystery. I thought he was annoyed because I was forced onto their heads and things will be normal after I quit but he didn't change at all. In fact, his temper got worse.

This boy is really difficult!

~*~

'Hey, teacher! are you awake?' I received Zulqarnain's text just when I was about to go to bed after a long tiring day.

Tiring in a sense that like in previous days I avoid riding Ahmar's car and for this purpose, I have to go all the way to Mashal's house and come back here.

'No.' I replied and switch off the light of the room.

The next moment my phone started to buzz again.

'Do you always have to be sarcastic?' Was the first thing he said when I picked the call.

'A person can be sarcastic if their weekend was wasted on reading a story that doesn't interest them just because it is the next project of certain someone.'

'How do you know it was my next project?'

'A woman's intuition.'

'This is the best line of women to shut up a man.'

'Aha! you know women very well.'

'Wait, it isn't like that. Don't misunderstand.' He exclaimed.

'I never understand anything in the first place. Now tell me why you have called me?'

'I need your help.'

'With what?'

'Come downstairs.'

'Why?'

'I need to discuss something.'

'Do it on the phone.'

'What is the problem in coming here?'

'I am in my pyjamas and I am not going to change it.'

'Then just wear a shawl or an *abaya and come.'

'Why can't we talk on the phone about it?'

'Listen, I need to discuss Ahmar's birthday plan.'

'Ahmar's birthday?'

'Yes, it is next week but I think I won't be in the city. So I want to do something in advance.'

'Oh!'

Ahmar didn't like his elder brother and the reason was unknown to everyone. But I sensed that it wasn't the case from the start and Auntie confirmed it when I asked her long ago. According to her, Ahmar's behaviour changed towards him just after he started his acting career. At first gap between brothers wasn't that much in the beginning and if they have paid attention to this, it wouldn't have gone out of hand. She believed that it was Uncle's and her fault but to me somewhere Zulqarnain was the cause of it too. If Ahmar walked away from him it was his duty to go after him as his elder brother. He needed to hold on to that light tightly.

Relations are to be cherished and shouldn't be taken for granted. The bonds people share in this world are grains of sand, which can easily be slip if not taken care of.

'Come on yar, it's just a matter of minutes.' Zulqarnain tried to convince me once again.

'Come upstairs.' And I gave up.

'What?'

'Come upstairs. We will talk on the stairs.'

'Oh!... I see.' He laughed nervously and went on, 'I am coming, okay.'

'Okay.' I hung up thinking about his nervous laugh.

Wait, was he thinking that I was invited to my room???

"No way." I shook my head to subside the thought and cover up myself with the shawl.

~*~

Zulqarnain's POV:

Wrapped up in a marron shawl she was waiting for me on the stairs. Her hairs were tied in a loose braid like usual but tired eyes weren't the usual. She was sleepy, yet she came because I asked her.

"Sorry for calling you out at this time." I said climbing two steps at a time.

"It's alright. I am done expecting normal things from you."

"You are sarcastic even this time of night?" She just shrugged in response.

"So, what is your plan for your birthday?"

"I want to celebrate it."

"And?"

"And what?"

"And how are you going to do it?"

"Oh, that. I was thinking about celebrating outdoor with his friends."

"A party?"

"No, more like a picnic."

"That would be nice."

"Yes, but once he knew that I am planning this he might not come."

"Hm...." She said thoughtfully and went silent.

It always surprises me, her ability to grasp situations without even throwing queries. She was quick to pinpoint the main problem and also coming to a conclusion. She has all the qualities of a sensible woman, unlike other girls I have known till now. Yet her this maturity of hers didn't make her boring. On the contrary, her quick wits easily catch a person's attention, and sometimes, I left with no choice but to admire her abilities.

"Why don't you ask Uncle to help you out?" She said all of a sudden.

"Dad?... What can he do?"

"Arrange everything and ask him to involve Ahmar in it."

"You mean I ask Dad to invite Ahmar because he wouldn't listen to me?"

"...Yes."

"No way. It's not happening." I shook my head.

"Why not?"

"Because... it is awkward. Come on yar, he might scold me if I ask him for the favour."

"So what if you endure his scold a little? He is your father."

"I still believe it is not a smart idea."

She sighed and said, "Listen, hero, if you are putting the effort to do something about your little brother then you must have gathered the courage to face rejections and to do things going out of the way. Otherwise, everything would be meaningless. Your parents are worried about the tension between the two of you and believe me if they saw you working to bridge the gap they will be happy."

"I know but..."

"But my ego is too big to make a confession before my Dad." Her tone suddenly changed into mocking.

My head snapped towards her but she was looking at the wall in front with a teasing smile.

She got me! once again ...

"Fine, I will talk to him." I sighed.

"Good boy." Her smile widened.

"Thanks, teacher."

"Any time, hero. Now, you got your answer, there is no point staying here." She said walking over to her room.

"Are you telling me to get lost?"

"No, because I am leaving first. You can stay here if you want. Shab-a-Khair (Goodnight)." She waved her hand and closed the door.

For s few moments I stared at the door of her room. Thinking how the environment of my house has changed just because of the residence of this single room. How much my life has changed, now I have someone who can listen to my problems and give me honest advice in need.

Thank you, Hira...

_____________________________________

*Abaya is a simple, loose over-, essentially alike dress, worn by some women in Muslim countries.

Salam and hello everyone!

I hope you like the chapter. Sorry for the long wait, I will try my next to upload the next chapter on New Year Eve.

Follow me on Instagram ''laila_mehtaab' and on Facebook 'Laila-mehtaab' for news about the update.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 3.9K 34
"Woh muskurahat bhool hi nahi paata main,woh chehra mere samne se hat ta hi nahi..." "Mohabbat ho gai he usse?" "Nahi. lekin agar phir woh muskurahat...
74K 5.7K 18
Samira , when develops a huge crush on her senior Aahan , things don't go her way; will her life change? or this crush ends just like how most people...
185K 23.5K 47
Every individual requires a companion "HUMSAFAR" life partner to live happily ever after but not every relationship or marriages are successful. Few...
108K 3.1K 13
A collection of possesive and desi short stories !! avidity means great enthusiasm or passion with romantic feelings .. •𝐙𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐌~𝐊𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐇 #...