Bittersweet

By Oracle__21

This is a story about a man, a billionaire who happened to find himself in a dark pit of despair. Having suff... More

Prologue
Collision
The New Personal Assistant
Unpleasant Suprise
Misgivings
The Orphanage
Mind of Mine
Lost
Cold
The Dinner Meeting
The dinner meeting2
Undertone
Flavor
Vice
Egghead
Sis
Inner workings
Arrival
Arrival- Day 1
Muse
Past
Arrival- Day2
In the dark
Get together
Love
Aloe
Touch
Reminisce
Doctor's appointment
Jitters
Whiplash
Big day
Ronnie
Big day 2
I Am
Pain
Confessions
The Secret Place
Deep
"I love you."
The Encounter
The big decision
'Will you marry me?'
Extenuate
Color
Epilogue
Hey Guys!🤗
Emerging Talent Award Nomination

Unsure

189 36 5
By Oracle__21

~On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.~

As Aaron entered his house, he wasn't himself. He couldn't stop his hand from trembling, the same hand she had held.

His breathing was ragged as he climbed the stairs that led upstairs to his room.

He couldn't think, he felt disoriented, violated. The warmth he had felt when she touched him was indescribable but something inside of him resisted it. He'd felt the resistance and he knew what it was.

It had almost torn his insides apart. As he unsteadily entered his room, he could feel it's oppressive presence. He sat on the carpet floor, his back against the wooden frame of his bed, his suit jacket and tie discarded to the side.

He propped his hand on his raised knee and stared out unseeing through the glass doors in front of him overseeing the expanse of his mansion.

"You were right, she is trouble." He said.

"ყơų ŋɛɛɖ ŧơ ɠɛŧ řıɖ ơʄ ɧɛř." It seethed.

"I can't." He replied.

"ɯɧყ ŋơŧ?" It growled.

"ąřɛ ყơų ɠɛŧŧıŋɠ ąŧŧąĆɧɛɖ ŧơ ŧɧɛ ɧųmąŋ?"

"No." He said.

"ɠơơɖ, ʄơř ɧɛř ơɯŋ ɠơơɖ ყơų ცɛŧŧɛř ŋơŧ." Its eyes reduced to slits.

"ơř Şɧɛ ɯıٳٳ ɖıɛ." It said.

"You can't kill her." He said.

"ɯɧąŧ ɖıɖ ყơų Şąყ?" He looked at it straight in the eye.

"You can't touch her so don't bother trying, she's not like the others."

"ơŋɛ ɖąყ Şɧɛ ɯıٳٳ ɖıɛ ąŋɖ ıŧ ɯıٳٳ ცɛ ყơųř ʄąųٳŧ." It growled.

|||••|||

'Early this morning, an eight-point earthquake hit the city of New York. The unexpected event took the lives of no less than six thousand people including women and children. And the number only kept rising as the hour passed by.' The newscaster went on.

'The earthquake had been completely unexpected and the religious sectors are saying these are signs of the end times. Well, one thing we know for sure, the people of New York will never forget this dreadful day.'

Sarah switched off the TV, her spirit down. The footage of the city square she had seen destroyed and still ablaze flashed in her mind.

Early that morning she'd wanted to visit a shop nearby but she'd had stomach upset and that was why she hadn't been able to go and had stayed home all day.

"It really is the end of days." She whispered to herself.

"What was that?" She heard Judy ask from beside her on the couch. She was eternally grateful that Judy was ok, she had been with her all morning.

She'd called Noah, her hands trembling all the while. She was thankful he was ok too, safely in his home.

They had felt the tremors so strongly she had been afraid the roof would come crashing down on them. All the while she'd kept on praying.

She sighed.

"How's Emily and the kids?" Judy asked.

"They're safe. Thankfully, they were all out of town when it happened and what about your mother?" Sarah asked concerned.

"She was able to take refuge in her underground bunker," Judy answered.

"Thank God," Sarah said relieved.

"But why would God allow something like this to happen?" Judy asked.

"Why would he allow innocent people, children to needlessly die? I just don't understand." Judy sighed. Sarah's eyes were sad and rimmed with tears.

"It's sad but this is just manifestation of what had already afore times been foretold in the word of God," Sarah answered.

"Earthquakes and natural disasters here and there. This is just the first of many more to come. These are signs that Jesus is coming very soon." She continued.

"We just have to be strong in our faith and be prepared for his coming." Judy sighed.

"I wish I had your kind of faith Sarah. I wish I was more like you. You always know what to say but me, I just make stupid mistakes." Judy sniffed. Sarah knew what she was talking about.

"You know, I really thought Aiden loved me." She started.

"He'd whispered it in my ears countless times and like the stupid girl I was, I believed him." She sniffed again, her voice choking.

"I feel so used, he really crushed my self-confidence." Sarah held her hand and stroked it soothingly.

"I really need to get my priorities straight."

"Everything's going to be fine Judy, you have to believe everything will be okay." Sarah tried comforting her.

"This morning's incident made me realize the significance of life. It came with the painful realization that you could die at any moment and death is no respecter of age or person." Sarah knew what she meant.

On the news they had seen a school bus filled with little children crushed by a truck, there were no survivors.

"I've never really taken Jesus seriously and I know I haven't been a good Christian," Judy confessed, eyes remorseful and pleading.

"Sarah, can you help me get back on my feet?" Sarah hugged her.

"Jesus can."

"He is knocking right at the door of your heart, you just have to let him in and he will sup with you." Judy nodded.

"I will." Judy gasped out tearful as she held on to her.

|||••|||

Aaron woke up with a start in his dimly lit room. His breathing was ragged and sweat broke out all over his body. He just had a dream.

It was an unusual dream.

He saw himself in a tar pit, sinking fast. He screamed for help but the more he struggled, the more he sank.

The tar got to his waist and quickly reached his neck and then that was when he saw a figure. He couldn't see the face because it was too bright.

The figure was clothed with a garment down to the feet, a golden sash across his chest. His head and hair were white as wool, as snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined as in a furnace. Aaron had stopped struggling and had looked on at the figure unable to look away, it was as if a compulsion had come over him.

He saw the figure walking on the mass of tar, Aaron's eyes widened unable to comprehend how he was able to walk on the tar and not sink.

The figure walked towards him and extended his hand, there was a hole in his palm. Aaron tried grabbing hold of the hand but his hands were deeply submerged in the tar, he began to struggle and the more he struggled, the more he sank.

"Peace, be still." Came the voice as the sound of many waters. Immediately, Aaron felt a calmness such as he had never felt course through his body. He tried moving his hand again and they complied.

He raised it out of the tar and as he was about to reach for the hand extended to him, beside the white figure, he saw a dark silhouette he could only recognize as the devil himself.

"You can't have him, he's mine."

"Don't you know how he blasphemes you daily, how he blatantly disregard those who you call your children?" The devil continued.

"He doesn't even believe in you."

"I'll have mercy on whom I'll have mercy and I'll have compassion on whom I'll have compassion on. Depart from hence." The figure in white replied.

The dark figure growled and vanished into thin air and that was when he woke up.

As he looked around his room he felt a chill run down his spine. His hands shook at how terrified he was, never had he felt that much fear in his entire life.

He felt his forehead with his left hand, it was burning hot.

Who was that man in white? He thought.

He examined his right palm, he remembered the hole he had seen in the man's hand.

He shook his head, he was going crazy. He needed to get therapy, he feared he might have another mental breakdown.

He'd suffered quite a few when he was younger and bringing back his sanity had taken immense effort, time and loads of medication.

He'd been going for therapy ever since he was in Junior high-even before.

He'd gone at several tragic times in his life, like when his mother had died.

He hadn't been able to get her glazed over unseeing eyes out of his head-it had traumatized him greatly.

He still had nightmares about that day. He doubted he would ever forget it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Author's note: First update this month, enjoy😘.

Um yeah, if you have any questions, feel free to dm me. Goodnight✌.
Don't forget to pray and read your bible🤗.

...
I pray, every power accusing you before the Lord saying you don't deserve his mercy and favour, I silence them forever in Jesus name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 649 49
Life is unpredictable. From being a bookshop clerk and an average individual, Dan is pulled into a world of demons and dark creatures. Given a desti...
1.5K 160 12
This story is not a fiction, nor a fantasy, nor a made up story to scare people. This is real and hope it could help you find the path towards salvat...
62.2K 1.9K 53
"Monsters aren't born. They are created. Not from the imagination of someone's deepest fears, but from tangible negative energy. Darkness formed fro...
160 18 29
In a mysterious world, a demon god felt really confused about who he was. He desperately wanted to find answers about himself, but everything seemed...