𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

By seductivemadness

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐲𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬... More

My Destruction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Author's Note

Epilogue

11.4K 327 38
By seductivemadness

Epilogue

I ran a brush through my long blonde hair to get rid of all the tangles and knots. Once I was satisfied with my hair, I put on a bit of light make up to finish my look. I smiled at my glowing reflection. Although, I was only going to work, I was in the mood to look better probably due to my growing crush one of my co workers. I worked at an Italian restaurant down the road, since I was considered a high school drop out I didn't have many options.

It's been a year and eight months since I've left California. When I first got to New York, I was scared that he was lurking in the shadows. I was constantly on edge, I didn't know to get close to anyone especially after the stinging betrayal of Alicia and Alyssa. It made me scared to even converse with people, because for all I know it could've been an act. Just a mask that was going to fall off once I trusted them. After searching for a job since I decided I couldn't handle sleeping in my car anymore, plus I was getting low on money. I, finally got a job at the Italian restaurant in Manhattan. The owner was a middle age man that had such a kind heart I found it impossible for him to be able to pretend that well. I thought that the only reason I got that job because he pitied me enough to give it to me. Especially after I told him what I went through. I edited a lot of details out though.

After almost 3 months of working there I was able to finally get an apartment. It wasn't all that fancy but it was enough for me. I didn't have the time to be picky. It took be a very long time to stop looking over my shoulder and being so paranoid. It only happened recently that I decided to get comfortable and stop worrying. I took a huge risk and even made a friend. Her name was Rosalie, she also worked with me. She was 19 years old the same age as me. And for the longest she was trying to be friendly to me but I rejected all her offers until a few month ago. I concluded that I couldn't live this way anymore and that I had to let go of my past.

Thankfully, I was able to talk to Luke, he was very excited and happy to hear from me. Although I didn't want to drag him in this mess I had made. I still couldn't let go of him for good. I didn't want him worrying about me, plus I missed him a lot. Especially since he was the only piece of my past that I actually didn't hate nor was it tainted with bad memories. He agreed that he was going to see me very soon, since he was busy checking out the colleges he wanted to attend.

Sometimes I was terrified that he was out there looking for me. It was a thought I buried deep inside of my mind because I didn't want to dwell on it too long and become the way I was before. It was impossible when I laid down at night to not think about it. For a very long time I had so many nightmares about him. Ones so horrifying that I was shaken up for days. I was slowly letting my fear for him go but it was tough.

My thoughts were cut off when I heard the ringing of my phone. "Hello?" I answered as I stuffed my make up bag into my leather purse.

"Bryce? I'm waiting outside for you," Rosalie whined as I heard a distant beep from the outside of the window near my bedroom. I let out a chuckle. "Okay I'm on my way!" I hung up the phone and grabbed my purse and headed out my apartment. I clicked on the button to the elevator. I stepped into the elevator once it stopped. I noticed that a guy was in the elevator too, his black hood concealed his face from my view. I looked at him strangely but decided I didn't care as I shrugged.

We both got off at the same stop the lobby of my apartment. I don't know but something about that man gave me chills. I was so confused by my body's reaction towards the strange guy but I just ignored it. Which was indeed my first mistake.

I jogged through the lobby to exit through the doors, I spotted Rosalie's car right away. I smiled apologetically as I slid into the passenger's side. "Sorry for taking forever,"

She waved me off. "It's okay fine. I know you want to look good for Alex." She threw me as wink as she started the car. My cheeks reddened. "Oh hush,"

I knew I should've kept that one to myself, I had such a huge crush on the guy it was impossible to hide. He always works with Rosalie and I, he was a new employee a few months back. We made a mutual friendship that's when I started to like him. I tried my hardest to stop myself from doing it but I just couldn't control it. Rosalie told me a million times that he felt the same way but I wasn't so sure when it came to guys. I've never even had a real boyfriend and you can imagine Rosalie's shock when I told her about my inexperience with guys.

We started to chat mindlessly about things as we made our way to work. We were in the middle of a discussion of who was the best superhero when we reached the restaurant. I headed towards the glass, double doors.

I opened the door that said Employees Only and walked to the back to get my apron. I worked as a waitress, so I grabbed my notepad and tended the restaurant full of hungry customers.

--------

I wiped the sweat off my brow as I placed the plates on the table of the 2 last customers. That was a very long dinner rush, I've been working non-stop with the exception of my lunch break. I walked over to the counters as I dropped the note pad on the little table near the restrooms. Rosalie gave me a tired smile when she saw me. "Today was crazy," She told me as she slumped against the wall. I joined her as I nodded. "It was,"

I tilted my head when I heard my name being called. "Bryce!" I gave her a nod as I scampered off to see who was calling me. Alex stopped hollering my name when he finally had seen me, come through the kitchen doors. I ignored the butterflies in my stomach when he gave me a lopsided grin.

"There was still another customer out there," He said as he started to scrub the dishes in the sink. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion "There is? When I last checked it was only 2 girls," I mumbled as I looked towards the direction of the door. Alex only shook his head as he glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. "Some guy is at the table near the window. And since you're the only late night waitress you're going to have to serve him," I groaned, I just wanted to crawl into my bed and rest.

But I did as I was told and spun on my heel to attend the customer. I stopped in my tracks as I spotted the familiar black hooded guy. He was facing the windows so I couldn't get a glimpse of his face. I slowly walked over to his table, my heart thumping against my chest like a drum. A ball of unease settled in the pit of my stomach, it only grew with every step I took in his direction.

I wasn't understanding where this feeling was coming from. It wasn't making any sense, What was wrong with me? I wondered to myself as I stopped in front if his table. A forced grin found it's way on my lips. "Hi darling, what can I get you today?" My voice wavered slightly. I was hoping he didn't catch it.

He looked down at the menu, I leaned forward so I could see his face. I had the urge to see his face so I could get rid of this feeling of dread that seeped into my body. I don't know why though, it wouldn't solve anything. I swore I thought I saw a flash of black hair, but he turned his head towards the window again.

"I'll take a plate of lasagna," He told me. I frowned when I heard his deep voice, it sounded like he was purposely deepening his voice to disguise it.

"Sure thing," I mumbled as I scurried away from the table. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my apron, I don't know what's up with me today. How was I scared of a man I didn't even know? It just wasn't adding up. I opened the doors to the kitchen.

"Alex?" I called out as I walked around the empty kitchen. I heard a "Yeah?" I turned the corner to see Alex finishing up the last of the dirty dishes. "I need a plate of Lasagna," I told him as I glanced around the spotless kitchen. He nodded as he dried the dishes. "Okay, did he want a drink?" He asked me as he walked over to the refrigerator to get the ingredients for the Lasagna.

I face palmed myself. "Shit, I forgot to ask him, I'll be back." I turned around and made my way to the door. I walked out to his table but he wasn't there, the table he was at was vacant. I didn't see a sign of him anywhere. A strange exhale of relief escaped my lips before I could stop it.

I went back into the kitchen "Hey Alex! Stop the order he left!" I called out as I walked into the kitchen to search for a certain blonde haired man. He glanced up at me as he groaned. "Damn it, why the hell did he order something if he was going to leave?" He muttered under his breath while putting the ingredients back up. I stifled a laugh at his adorable expression as I turned to leave once again.

I ran into Rosalie as I walked through the kitchen door. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder "Hey, girl what's up!" She gave me a wide grin. I rolled my eyes when she said that. Every time she said that she always presented bad news after it. "What's up Rosalie?" I played along as we walked towards the area where the customers ate.

"I have some bad news, I can't drive you home tonight. I have to pick up my little brother from his recital," She told me as we stopped to face each other. Wow bad news I'm so surprised. How am I supposed to get home? Do the buses run at 9:00pm at night?

"Maybe you can hitch a ride with Alex?" She offered with a wink. Just as I opened my mouth to protest against that option, Alex walked up behind us. "I don't mind I have plenty of room." He said with a smile. I began to busy myself with taking off the apron. And grabbing my purse from the hook.

"I don't want to be a hassle. I'll catch a cab." I assured him as I searched for my cell phone in my purse. He put his hand on top of mine. "It's totally fine I don't mind, Bryce."

My face turned red as I looked up at him. "Okay then," I blushed. He pulled his hand back to stuff it in his jean pocket. I ignored the smug look on Rosalie face "Now that it's settled. I have to go, can't have my brother waiting any longer," She gave me a tight hug.

"Remember to use protection when you go back to his place. You're too young to have kids running around," She whispered in my ear.

My face turned a dark shade of red as I pushed her away from me. "Shut up! I'm not doing that with him!" I exclaimed. She let out a chuckle as she walked out the back door. She waved goodbye before she disappeared.

I turned to face Alex with a raised eyebrow. "Are we going to go?" I asked him, teasingly.

"Oh yeah, let's go!" He began to walk through the double doors, I was right behind him. When he stopped I crashed into his back. "Wait here, I forgot to lock up," He told me as he jogged over to the entrance. I wrapped my arms around myself as I glanced around the darkened streets.

The shadows were just staring at me, lurking all around me. A shiver went down my spine as I recognized the strange feeling of being watched. But as always I ignored it and followed after Alex when he came back over there to me. That was my second mistake.

We walked over to his car, he unlocked the doors for us to get in. I sat in the passenger seat, placing my purse on my lap as he started the car for the first 5 minutes it was silent. But all too soon, I couldn't take it so I tried to start a conversation. Which surprisingly ending up being a good idea since we both were laugh and joking.

It slightly saddening when I reached my apartment so soon. But when he stopped I was beginning to leave until he spoke "Bryce?" I gave him my attention as I stared him curiously.

"Yeah?"

"We should go out sometime, maybe tomorrow night since it's our day off," He said, nonchalantly as he set his hopeful, hazel eyes on me. A warm feeling erupted inside of me as a soft smile curled on my lips. I responded softly. "Sure that'll be cool,"

I gave him a lingering glance. "See you tomorrow," I waved as I stepped out of his car. He saluted with a cheeky grin. "You too," with that last statement he drove off into the darkness of the night.

I walked through the doors that led me to the lobby. I clicked the button to the elevator, it opened swiftly. As I walked into the elevator, a shudder ran through me when flashes of the hooded man came to mind. I shake them off when I head to my apartment. I walked through the door and took off my shoes. I hung my purse on the hook near the door, I waste no time as I make it to my bathroom to run a hot shower. I closed door as I began to strip out off the sweaty clothes.

Once I'm done with the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and headed to my bedroom to get some clothes. I pulled the long t-shirt over my head then I crawl into my bed. I snuggled into my pillow as I fell into a dreamless slumber. 

I woke to a dark room. I glanced at my window. It still night why am I awake? I laid on my back as I stared at the ceiling, it seemed like all the tiredness vanished from my body. I looked around my room as a fierce chill ran down my spine. Goosebumps erupted across my arms even though they were under the cover. I froze in utter terror when I see a figure standing in the shadows. His black hood was still covering his black hair, his cold blue eyes were trained on me.

"Long time no see," He smiled menacingly as he walked closer to me. I wanted to get up and ran far away, but my body was paralyzed in fear. My eyes widened in horror, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Panic flooding my veins.

He found me.

Caine found me. I knew I should've never got comfortable, I should've stayed on the run. Blinding terror was slithering around my body, successfully suffocating me. The fear was drowning my body like ice cold water. He gave me a deadly grin.

"You'll have to make up for all the fun you missed," He growled as he came closer me until he was right at my side. His cold blue eyes was swimming with such evilness.

"You should be scared Bryce, once I'm done with you. You won't ever make this stupid decision again. You should've known that I always find what I'm searching for. There is no place you can run to hide from me," He whispered darkly as he gripped my hair. I winced as I tried to sit up, my eyes were still wide with fear. I wanted to open my mouth to talk but no were wouldn't come out. I knew once he did find me I was a goner. I gulped when I felt the cold metal of a knife under my throat.

"Now you're going to experience the pain I gave to others that tried to hide from me,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335 17 16
I wish I hadn't seen the truth..
954 46 6
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤�...
84.2K 4.2K 45
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 �...
40K 1.3K 33
"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭...