I Hated You First ➸ Larry

By guardianzayngels

[COMPLETE | AU] With some demons haunting him from his past, Harry is excited to start college to get a relax... More

I Hated You First
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
A Message for You Lovely Larries

Chapter 19

16.5K 745 1.1K
By guardianzayngels

My eyes fluttered open seeing gray walls.

I sat up quickly. Ow. That was a mistake cause my head and chest is hurting like a bitch.

I observed the room I was in. It was filled with band posters and cool drawings and sketches of celebrities, mostly of the famous singer Perrie Edwards. Wait, this room is familiar?

I then saw a footie trophie. I squinted trying to see the name on it.

Zayn Malik.

My breathe hitched.

FUCKING FUCK SHIT DONKEYS! I'M IN ZAYN'S DORM-MY OLD DORM?! WHYYYY? HOW'D I GET HERE! DID I SLEEPWALK HERE? DOES ZAYN KNOW I'M HERE? FUCK OF COURSE NOT! I NEED TO GET THE FUCKING HELL OUTTA HERE BEFORE-

The door opened revealing a humming Zayn holding a tray of food.

He looked up and smiled at me. "Hey."

My eyes bulged.

Uhhh...da fuq?!

"W-what?" I croaked.

Zayn chuckled and sat the tray down on the bed in front of me. I backed up, scared.

"How are you feeling?" he asked kneeling down to me.

I stared down at him with wide eyes. His eyebrows were furrowed and he was biting his lip. His warm chocolate eyes looked genuinely worried and concerned.

"I-I..."

No he's just messing with you! It's a trap! He's just trying to mess with your mind so he can kick your arse again.

My eyes darkened and I shoved him making him topple over. "What the hell are you doing, Zayn? Why am I here? Why are you talking to me? What happened?"

Zayn sighed and stood up. "I came to talk to you and you started freaking out and crying then you just like passed out. I think you had...a panic attack."

"What?!" I yelled.

"Shhhh, Ni. It's 7 in the morning, people are still sleeping."

"NO I WILL NOT SHHH! YOU FUCKING BEAT ME! YOU'RE MY BULLY AND YOU JUST BRING ME BACK TO THE DORM AND...I...I DON'T-WHAT THE HELL?!" I hissed.

"Niall, please let me explain. Just give me minute to explain myself please" he pleaded with wide eyes.

My jaw clenched. "You have one minute."

"Okay well I after I beat you up, I felt really bad and I'm sorry. I feel super bad for what I did. Please please please please forgive me...Well at least don't hate me. You wanna know why I picked on you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but Zayn cut me off. "I'm gay!" he exclaimed. "I'm gay and I...I like you Niall. When I kissed you, I was pissed because I shouldn't have kissed you. I didn't wanna be gay, because it was wrong...well at least that's what my parents thought" he chuckled sadly.

He licked his lips and sighed. "I was never okay with being gay. I felt disgusted. And since last year when you were in my class, I started getting feelings for you and I got mad cause I didn't want these feelings. And then I found out you were my roommate and I got even angrier. I knew I would do something I'd regret..."

I gulped.

"But got dammit, Niall I don't regret it. I don't regret kissing you. The only thing I regret is bullying you."

He placed his hand over mine and I hate to admit it, but I love the contact.

"I feel horrible, disgusted and angered for what I did. And if you wanna hit me you can! I deserve it. But I like you Niall Horan. You're beautiful. You're all I think about. When you became my roommate, I started dreaming about you. I started going out and drinking and trying to block you out. I know you probably thought I went out to get away from you because you were gay...but I only did it to not get feelings for you...well even more feelings than I had originally. I'm so so so sorry for what I did. I could've killed you!"

Tears formed in his eyes. "I'm thanking God everday that I didn't. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. To not see your face or not hear your accent. Niall, you don't have to forgive me or like me back...but please please please please don't hate me."

I gulped, taking all that in. Wow...Zayn likes me? He's apologizing? He looks honest.

"I...I could n-never hate you, Zayn."

He smiled.

"But..."

His smile fell and he dropped his head, looking like a dog being scolded.

"You hurt me...you beat me and almost killed me. My ribs and nose could've been broken. And you not only hurt me physically but...you hurt me emotionally. Zayn, my heart hurt. You kiss me and make me feel these things and then you beat me up."

"Niall, I-"

"No, Zayn. I can't forgive you...and after you kissed me I kinda liked you. But now I don't. I can't forgive you and I can't like you again. Ever. This is all too much and too confusing. I don't know. But please don't come to me again. Don't talk to me. It'll only make things worse. Please. I can't take this. My heart can't take this."

"Ni-"

"No. The only thing you wanted was for me to not hate you and I don't. And now that that's cleared, this can stop. Don't talk to me or look at me. Let's just move on and forget about this" I stood up making my way to door.

"Niall, please I don't wanna move on!" he begged following me.

"Sorry, Zayn. This is what's best...for us."

"Don't do this! Don't walk out! I can fix this!" he pleaded.

"YOU CAN'T FIX WHAT'S ALREADY BEEN BROKEN!" I yelled turning to him.

Zayn whimpered and dropped his head. "P-please" he whispered, his voice cracked sounding like he was on the brink of crying.

I shook my head. "No."

And with that I was out the door running away.

Away from this.

Away from Zayn.

*Zayn's POV*

I just stood there with clenched fists, tears streaming down my face.

Niall Horan walked out-no ran out on me, because I'm a heartless and pathetic douche. I hurt someone that I truly cared and now he's gone. I watched the door praying he'd come back

Please Niall, baby...come back to me. I'm sorry...

And now that I even told him everything, he still left. I felt like shit. It felt like my heart had a gaping hole in it.

I fucked up. Big time.

At least you got to tell him how you feel and you apologized.

Yeah, but he hates me.

Oh my Zayn you're an idiot. He doesn't hate you! He never has and he never will!

But he-

But he nothing! Niall cares about you! He still likes you! Even though you beat him up, you're all he thinks about.

What?

Yeah. Now do you really want Niall?

Yes. Every fiber of him. I think I love him...

Then go get him! He's not giving up on you that easily and you're definitely not giving up on him!

Really?

REALLY!

I smiled to myself.

They say when you love someone let them go. But they also say if you want something fight for it.

And that's just what I'll do.

I, Zayn Malik am going to fight for the one I love, Niall Horan.

○●○●○●○●○●

*Harry's POV*

RING

I groaned pulling away from Louis' lips. He whimpered and I winked at him while grabbing my phone.

"Hello?"

"Harry" a voice croacked.

"Uh yes this is Harry...who's this?"

"...it's Niall..."

"Ni! Hey, what's wrong? You sound like you've been crying.

I heard a sniffle. "That's cause I have been, you stupid arse."

I ignored his comment. "What's wrong?"

"Zayn..."

My breath hitched. "What happened?"

"I don't know I woke up in his dorm and he started dumping all these feelings on me and I got scared...I-I told him about how I felt and told him let's just forget about this and move on and stop being around each other. But he didn't wanna move on and then he started crying and fuck! Harry I-I don't k-know what to do..." Niall sobbed.

My heart clenched at the sound of him. He sounded so broken. "Niall, do you still like Zayn?" I asked.

"I...I think...I l-love him" he said.

Awwww!!! Okay chill, Harry chill.

"Well, Ni I think you shouldn't move on."

"W-what?"

"You need to talk to him. I think he may love you back. Well at least I think because of the way his eye twinkles when he talks about you-"

"Wait, what?"

Shit.

"You talked to Zayn about me? When?" Niall said frantically.

"He came to me when I went to the canteen later on that day after he beat you up. He told me how sorry he was and basically how much he cared about you."

"And you didn't tell me you, twat!" he yelled.

I flinched at his tone. "No...I'm sorry."

He sighed. "It's okay...but do you really believe him? Is he really sorry? Does he really love me?"

I smiled. "I believe him, Ni. And from the looks of it, I say definitely 100% he has feelings for you. Look I know past experiences can make you judge someone..."

I glanced at Louis who was on the other side of the couch watching me intently.

"But you gotta go with your heart and trust that person" I finished.

Niall sighed. "Okay...I'll talk to him."

"Great. Now you go calm down and get some rest while Louis and I continue our date night."

Niall let out a watery chuckle. "Yeah okay, curly. Sorry to bug you."

"It's fine. You can tell me anything, anytime. We're friends."

"Okay, Harry. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and placed my phone on the coffee table.

Louis moved over and kissed my neck. "Everything alright, babe?"

"Yeah, that was just Niall. He was just talking about Zayn and told me he mighy love him and-

"What?!" Louis' eyes bulged

Shit.

Well fuck, I never told Louis what happened between Niall and Zayn. Or should I say Ziall hehehehe. Okay seriously, Harry focus.

"Look Zayn picks on Niall because he likes him and he finally managed to apologize to him and tell him he likes him and Niall freaked out and called me and told me what happened. And I told Niall to just calm down and talk to Zayn."

I let a long breath of air and glanced at Louis who sat there gobsmacked.

"Why didn't you tell me!" Louis yelled smacking my arm.

"I'm sorry. I kinda forgot?" I smiled weakily.

Louis rolled his eyes. "Whatever. So let get this straight, Zayn likes Niall and he bullied him because he was scared of liking him?"

I nodded.

"Well this sounds all too familiar."

I hit his arm. "Shut it, Tomlinson."

Louis smiled, but it dropped when he came back to the original problem. "And he told Niall what happened and Ni freaked out and he loves Zayn?"

I nodded. "Well he thinks he loves him."

"Wow...."

"I know" I said.

"Well now that I think about it, I see them as a cute couple."

I hit Louis' arm again and scoffed.

"What?" he asked rubbing his arm and pouting.

"Nothing it's just...this is crazy. School's been in for almost a month and so much shit has happened already. What happens at the end of the year? Will I be pregnant with baby giraffes and Zayn and Niall end up getting engaged and moving into a potato together?"

"Maybe..." Louis mumbled.

I gaped at him.

"What?" he asked.

I shook my head and chuckled.

"Look I know a lot of shit has happened, but calm down. Niall and Zayn will get through this and whatever problems we go through we'll get through them together. Everything will be fine" he reassured.

"Promise?" I said.

Louis smiled and kissed my forehead. "I promise, love."

"Okay" I said before pulling him into a sweet kiss on the lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 1.1K 27
harry is the new boy at school with a particularly troubled past, who is completely and openly gay. he discovers troubles when he realizes that not e...
5.5K 154 32
Louis Tomlinson. Hottest guy in my school. Two years older than me. Yeah, that Louis. Why was he talking to me? I could always tell there was somethi...
68.3K 2.7K 22
actions and reactions. (or: harry hasn't spoken for a year and his boyfriend, louis, has yet to figure out why. harry is a sophomore in college and...
218K 12.3K 60
*COMPLETED* **Warning: It is my first EVER book, it's not at all perfect and is mostly unedited. I'm slowly editing it. Read at your own risk.** Harr...