Beauty behind Madness **Disco...

By CreativeSociety_

My Work #1: "I find it so amazing how you still exhibit love even though you've been hurt too many times Beau... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Eight
Nine

Seven

780 86 5
By CreativeSociety_

"When you fall for someone's personality, everything about them becomes beautiful"
—————————————————————
Dave

"Aye turn that beat up a lil bit" I said from inside the booth.

I been at the studio putting in work since 10:00 this morning and it's almost 3:00 now. I had the urge to come to the studio since I been having a lot of my mind lately. A few years ago I probably would've went to a club and called up some hoes but that don't excite me no more; I learned to cope with my feelings by writing music. Something or somebody might've inspired me to find a new interest.

"Damn East where yo mind at, I called you like 3 times" Keith said, my record producer.

"Shit my bad bruh, what you said" I asked.

"Start the verse from the beginning" he said.

I grabbed the headphones again and listened to the beat flow smoothly through my ears.

Paranoia gettin' the best of me
I don't want nobody next to me
Don't talk unless you got a check for me
I don't see nobody ahead of me.....

"That's yo biggest hit right there mark my words"

I nodded waving him off but little did I know.

I grabbed my phone and looked up when I heard Keith talking. "We done for the day what you got going on later"

"I gotta pick up Kairi from her dance class she started last week" I said.

"Where at"

"Epic Dance right there on 55th"

Keith stared for a minute like he was thinking about something then he spoke. "Ohh Nipsey's lil sister own that spot, be careful" he laughed.

"What you mean" I frowned.

"Nigga you know she fine, hell everybody want her but Nipsey ain't having that"

I nodded letting what he said sink in. I knew Nipsey, Ivan and Isaiah for some time now but I never knew they had a sister. I guess they ain't bring her around much but, from my understanding that's a good thing.

"From the way you looking I know you already done met her, just be careful East that's a dangerous game you playing" he shook his head.

Keith was being cautious but I understand because Nipsey is a force to be reckoned with. He ran the streets for a while after his pops died so I know he still got it in him. I wouldn't be surprised if Ivory knew the ins and outs of the game.

"Aight I hear you Keith, I'm out" I threw my hand up as I walked out the door.

I got in my truck and made my way to pick up Kairi and Ivory. After doing all that protesting I still managed to convince Ivory to let me take her to the morning class. I was already dropping Kairi off so it made sense anyway. I got to spend more time with her and she didn't have to drive today; it's a win-win for both of us.

I pulled up to the studio and got out the car, since I was a lil early I decided to surprised them by not calling. I opened the door and immediately smiled at the sight in front of me.

I watched as Ivory cheered Kairi on while she did some type of dance. "Go Kairi, go Kairi"

I was in a daze watching how they interacted with each other that I didn't even notice Ivory standing in front of me.

"When did you get here" she asked out of breath.

"A few minutes ago" I chuckled.

"Let me go change and grab my bag"

I nodded and watched her walk to the back. "You had fun Kairi" I asked picking her up.

"Mhmm dada, food" she said causing me laugh.

"Ok greedy butt what you wanna eat"

"I heard food, where we eating at" Ivory asked walking toward us. She was beautiful to say the least.

"Wherever you wanna go it don't matter" I shrugged.

"Well in that case let's go to your house I want some homemade food" she laughed.

"Steak and potatoes" I said in a questioning tone.

"I'm feeling it" she said agreeing as we walked out the door.

"How was your day" she asked once we got settled in the car.

"Good, I been at the studio since I dropped y'all off"

"That was early this morning, I hope you ate something since then" she frowned.

I glanced over at her and smirked. "It's good to know that you care about me"

"Dave I'm not playing" she rolled her eyes. "You need to be taking care of yourself"

"I'm good mami relax, how was yo day"

"It was good" she smiled. "The people in my class always put me in a good mood"

After driving for about 30 minutes we made it to my house. I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed Kairi was sleep. Usually she'll be talking the whole ride here so I know she was tired.

"Can you unlock the door while I grab Kairi" I said handing her my house key.

After Ivory unlocked the door I took Kairi upstairs to her room then I changed into some sweatpants. I walked back downstairs to see Ivory also changed into some comfortable clothes.

"Just make ya'self at home then"

"You know I did" she laughed, following me into the kitchen.

"Why were you at the studio for so long"

I looked at her while she chopped up the potatoes and shook my head. "You ain't letting this go are you"

"Nope" she said spinning around to face me.

"It's not an exact reason, I go to the studio when I need to sit back and relax a lil bit"

"I get it I'm the same way with dancing, you always do that" she asked.

"Nah I don't actually" I admitted. "The old me would've went to a club, got drunk and not remember anything the next day but I'm changing"

"Well at least you being honest, the first step to change is recognizing the problem then fixing it"

"You right about that and I'm always honest, that'll be one of the many things you learn about me in the future"

She looked at me and slightly smiled. "In the future huh"

After putting the food in the oven, I turned around and leaned against the counter. I admired her as she made her way around the kitchen; something I could get used to.

"Yeah in the future, this bond we have as friends is as real as it's gets mami and I don't play on letting it go"

The best relationships start off as friendships because you have that foundation. You gotta take time out and get to know a person before jumping into something serious. It'll eliminate issues and the less problems you have, the stronger your relationship.

She nodded, looking everywhere but me. "I hear you and I don't plan on letting it go either"

I walked toward her, putting my hands on both sides of the counter so she was basically trapped, then gently gripped her chin so that she was looking directly at me.

"Dave" she trailed off, breathing in and out nervously.

I felt like writing a quick chapter today, Happy Thanksgiving 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 28.1K 30
Completed! "You'll be back for more You won't regret it" Highest Ranking #1 in Black Love Highest Ranking #2 in Dave East Highest Ranking #5 in Urban...
36.3K 1.6K 16
Book 2 of Her Skin
722K 34.5K 29
" 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞..."
LOVE By ibriclarke

Teen Fiction

227K 9.2K 45
"When I'm with you, I feel like I'm home, but sometimes home isn't the best place to be."