Number 9: The Genetically Mod...

By everyday_imstumblin

-Completed- [Definitely not your average Werewolf story, if you expect love at first sight - please thou sha... More

Number 9
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part l
Chapter 15 Part ll
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Part I
Chapter 21 Part ll
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 Part I
Chapter 29 Part II
Epilogue

Chapter 3

54.5K 2K 410
By everyday_imstumblin

"She was simple, beautiful and deadly but at least she was mine."
  -Marco Gritti.

****
Slade watched in awe as the remarkably large she-wolf took down the three Rogues. He couldn't understand how this female was so large. A normal size she-wolf was half the size of a male but as he watched closely, Slade could see she was taller and bigger built then the Rogues who outsized most of the wolves here.

His green eyes watched every movement like a hawk.

There was something about her that he couldn't quite grasp. She smelt so different, even from all the way here he could smell her. It was a toxically sweet, like a black rose. Sweet, but deadly and dangerous. He couldn't take his eyes off her as he stayed at the back.

He snuck in with a few other pack members who scattered around the arena.

The plan was to raid the arena, flush out the Rogues to the exits and waiting at each exit were Werewolves from a few other packs. They planned to shoot every Rogue that escapes and take down any that get away. The strongest were inside since they would be pushing the mutts towards the exits but will attack any remaining in the arena.

Everything was set; they were just waiting on Slade's command as he was the only Alpha on the inside. Nolan and Ryan were also inside but were spread out to look less suspicious.

There was just one problem, Slade was distracted by a certain black beauty. Uncomfortable at his feelings for her, he passed it off as a natural protectiveness over any she-wolf fighting against another experienced male wolf.

Suddenly, she faced Slade. Her eyes were in black slits but what Slade found intriguing was the way her eyes, though were unnaturally white and cat like – it had a mist of red within them.

He had never seen a wolf like her and boy was she a beauty to behold.

It was only when his wolf howled within as he stared into her eyes, that something sparked.

Slade froze.

"No..." he whispered so softly.

Of all the places to be, his mate was in a cage, fighting a man double her size!

Once his shock had subsided, Slade fumbled – barely able to keep his wolf from jumping the stands to meet her but he forced himself to stay stood firm. He could not jeopardize the mission; he would have to wait until after.

But that wasn't his immediate problem; he pulled out of his revere and turned his attention back to his beauty and held in a flinch. If he was shocked at seeing her, nothing could have prepared Slade for her reaction.

The longer she stared at him, the more darkened her eyes became, she growled lowly showing of her canines and her spine was tensed – ready to strike.

Slade was appalled, what was wrong with her?

Did she not know they were mates?

The Alpha inside found her stare challenging and disliked that she was showing such disrespect to him. Slade's wolf came out and he narrowed his eyes at her. Though they were mates, he would not allow her to feel that she is the dominant one.

The she-wolf broke eye contact and twisted around to face her opponent. Her muscles bunched, ready to fight as soon as the bell rang.

Slade began fidgeting as the fight started and her opponent attacked. He struggled to keep his wolf from breaking through and protecting his mate. With as much self-control, he held back and watched closely as she snapped the wolf's leg with her jaws.

Slade sighed in relief – the wolf couldn't attack her now.

She turned around to face him once again, completely ignoring the whimpering wolf just a few meters from her and could easily gather his strength and attack. He clenched his fists and held his breath.

What the devil was she doing?! He thought, she should never let her eyes of her enemy.

If she died before Slade could even hold her then he swear with everything inside of him that he would kill every, single Rogue here.

"Slade, what's the hold up?" his father asked through the mind link. He was outside waiting to inform the other Alphas and their warriors when to attack.

"Not yet." Was all he could growl back before he tuning back in just to see the brown wolf behind her who had a fighting stance and had his eyes locked on her back – the coward, he thought as the wolf attacked.

Before he could blink, the she-wolf spun around and gripped his neck and violently shook until she severed the head from the body which collapsed to the floor in the pool of blood. He could barely breathe when she turned and looked him straight in the eyes and dropped the wolf's head.

If she was in human form, he knew she would be smirking at him but he didn't know why?

For the next fifteen minutes, Slade watched in agonizing torture as his mate battled the top Rogues. Every time one would get a bite in, he had to force himself to stay back. He was begging to show those savages what happens to those who mess with his mate.

He could feel every pack member on edge, all confused why Slade wouldn't order the command but he needed his mate to get away. He knew it was going to be a blood bath and he had to make sure she was safe away from any members that would attack her.

He let out a tense sigh when his mate finally walked off stage. He had to hold in his rage at the sight of blood dripping from her wounds but he was proud that she showed no signs of weakness and held her head high. He knew she would be the perfect Luna to rule by his side.

"Alright, let's move." He finally ordered the others.

It was finally his time to teach them a lesson they will never forget.

Slade shifted into his monstrous grey wolf and watched in sick amusement as the Rogues scattered in fear and surprise.

Maliciously he snarled and attacked the first wolf he could sink his teeth in.

***

"Y-you did g-great, you s-sure showed th-those Rogues!" he stuttered.

Number 9 shot a dry look to her only family and friend.

Dexter Carter was actually her masters' assistant and was always there for her every step of the way growing up. He was half Werewolf and half Human, he had the senses of a wolf but could not shift into one.

He told her that Victor adopted him when he was seven years old because his parents hated him for having an uncontrollable stutter. However, Victor saw potential in the boy when he found interest in science. Dexter was a child prodigy but his parents never knew that and only saw his defect. He even helped a little in creating Number 9 and was intrigued with her when she was born.

Though Number 9 hated him from the very beginning because he worked with her master. She assumed that he was untrustworthy and a cruel person.

But that changed over the years when he showed her nothing but kindness and patience whenever she would snap at him and even that one time she tried to kill him. No, Dexter Carter had no evil bone in his frail body.

He would sneak her extra food and water, stay and keep her company and sometimes even sleep on the cold, hard floor with her at night, just outside her cage.

Now grown up, he stood 5'9, a lean body though with little muscle – a sign that he was not a fighter. Freckles lightly littered his cheeks; he had a straight nose and blue-grey eyes. He had a strong jaw but struggled to grow a small stubble that would help him look his age. And finally lush ginger hair sat on top of his head in a ruffled manner.

Dexter was a meek man. Barely in his late twenties, he was shy and easily intimidated which the Rogues in here would take advantage of him. But immediately they stopped once Number 9 started to kill every one of them that hurt Dexter or even looked at him the wrong way.

A friendship bloomed and it was so strong that she would only allow him to touch her or enter her cage voluntary without killing him.

Her master could touch her too but she despised every time he did and only let him because she feared the man who created her.

Dexter sheepishly smiled at his best friend and went to put on the muzzle. He hated that Victor made him do it because he felt horrible, like he was betraying her but he had no choice. Once Victor knew that Number 9 or Nine for short, would allow Dexter to touch her, he made sure that before every fight Dex would take them off and returned them once she was done.

He sighed, but reached up to lock the chains of the muzzle. He struggled to connect the two chains because he was so short compared to her. Dexter tried jumping but he wasn't even close so Nine bent down to help her friend. He sent her a grateful smile and quickly locked the muzzle in place.

"T-there!" he grinned at her and took of the gloves that allowed him to hold the pure silver.

Nine's eyes softened as she nuzzled into the man, making sure the silver doesn't touch him. He laughed and gave her a hug, careful not to touch any of her wounds that were already healing at a fast rate.

"L-l-let's go, I-I got a sur-surprise for y-you."

Nine wagged her tail and followed as he led her to her cage. Only with him does she allow to be herself. Even from time to time she would shift into human form and try talk to him. But when she was of age, some of the unmated Rogues started to watch her with lust in their eyes, so Nine made sure she would always stay in wolf form because she was far weaker as a human than a wolf.

Once in the cage, Dexter smiled grimly and led Nine to the back wall. He then connected the shackles on her legs to the chains on the wall. They held her back so she couldn't freely walk around in her cage. Nine looked like she didn't mind, as if it was a normal thing for her but Dexter hated it.

Guess that's what you get for spending your whole life in chains, Dexter thought sourly.

He wanted to show her the world. All she's ever been was here and in at the laboratory. He had to teach her everything from speaking to knowing what a simple thing like what a family was.

Whenever he was free, he used his laptop to show her pictures of things. Nine would know something if you showed it to her but she never saw or touched it in real life. Dexter also brought her books because she loved to read and write and he made sure her mind was challenged with simple things like puzzles.

All in all, Nine was a fast learner.

He liked the way she was curious about every little thing. He wanted to take her out but knew Victor would never allow his precious creation to leave, so he would try to bring it small things to her.

Dexter had to try and understand that she never touched grass or felt the wind or rain. Her eyes never saw the sun or meet new people – nothing but these four walls and the arena.

All he could do was show her educational documentaries to help her learn more quickly and to satisfy her curiosity. He also taught her about good and bad, what was right and wrong. He told her that what Victor was doing was wrong and that she didn't deserve to be here – chained up like a common animal.

He also told her about Werewolf culture. She couldn't understand when he said that when in a pack, wolves look after one another – to protect each other from harm. All her life, it's always been every wolf for themselves and that's the way Nine lived.

He didn't think she would trust anyone else except him. She was trained by Victor to kill any Werewolf or Rogue she lays her sights on, manipulating her into thinking that every wolf was out to get her, because she was different than them. It's only when Dexter tells her not to does she hesitate to slaughter them.

He had to explain in great detail that a pack would not turn on each other, but he knew Nine was not easily convinced. He had hoped that her interest in family and packs were a sign of her wolf's instincts to be a part of something. That longing feeling to be accepted by others.

Dexter remembered that particular day she asked if they were a family, kind of like a pack. That was the only day he saw how vulnerable and lonely she truly was. How she craved for affection after being denied so much in her life.

However, Dexter never told her about mates. He didn't want to get her hopes up because he feared that she may not even have one. She was genetically created and he wasn't sure if the Moon Goddess would bless her with a mate, though he prayed she did.

Lord knows Nine needed someone to love her unconditionally. To accept what she really is and not fear her. But then again, there was no guarantee that her mate would accept what lies inside of her.

Nine whined and nudged Dexter to pull him out of his daze.

"Oh s-sorry! D-d-daydream-ming again." He smiled and sat down next to Nine who laid on her front paws staring at him curiously. He chuckled when he realized that he was still shorter than her even when sitting. Nine shifted closer but Dexter shook his head and went to pull out a few different flowers from a box he brought here earlier.

The last time they talked, by that he really meant they mind linked each other; she wanted to know what flowers smelt like. He didn't understand how she could mind link him because they weren't in a pack but he just shrugged it off.

"So what surprise do you have for me?" Nine asked excitedly.

He chuckled and pulled out a red rose, he picked it because its fragrance varies as much as their color – some smell citrusy, others smell floral, musky, or like fruit. He felt Nine's excitement as she wagged her tail and tried to get a whiff but whined with the muzzle in the way.

"Oh r-right!" he pulled the gloves back on and took off her heavy restraints. He placed the rose by her nose and she took a long sniff. He smiled happily at seeing her so joyous and innocent. Dexter put the flower in front of her and took out an Iris that had a powerful fragrant and was stunningly gorgeous.

"I wanna smell that one! It looks so pre-p-" she struggled to find the right word so Dexter helped her out.

"Pretty." He told her and held in his sad voice. He was the only one she talked to, so he knew she would still have difficulty with enunciation or finding the correct words.

"Right! The flower looks pretty!" she sounded like a little girl in a candy shop.

Dexter was almost tackled by Nine's excitement to smell the rose. He laughed loud when she leaned over his body to reach the flower that he held arm's length away.

He was about to let her have it when suddenly guns went off followed by howls. Immediately Nine was to her feet, she stood defensively in front of Dexter and stared closely at the closed door in front of them.

"Wh-what's g-going on?!" Dexter said fearfully and slowly stood up.

Nine closed her eyes and let her senses take over. She could hear the snarling, the rip of clothing and the clash of bodies. Her sensitive ears picked up every detail, from the dead wolf bodies falling on the floor to the tearing of flesh and the yell of men. She smelt the fresh blood in the air and could hear snippets of voices all over the place.

She snapped her eyes opened and said to Dexter, "We're being attacked."

"W-what?!"

She growled lowly, her ears went flat against her head as footsteps could be heard shuffling near the door. Dexter quickly headed for the cage but Nine shouted, "No! Do not go out there!" she tried to move towards him but the stupid chains kept her at bay.

"I-I h-have to s-ee what's go-going on!"

Nine let out a vicious growl when Dexter disappeared out the door.

She could not lose her only family!

Furiously she fought against the restraints; her hope was dwindling when the sounds of battle neared closer to her. She bit and scratched into the shackles but they burned her even more every time she struggled. Nine would have kept going but she knew that she needed her strength. Battling those Rogues in the ring with the silver chains on weakened her considerably as compared to when she fights without any restraints.

Whining, she sat down hopelessly and waited. Nine watched every shadow that passed under the door, listened to every howl of pain until it slowly went silent.

The fight had stopped.

Nine tried not to fidget and stared intently at the door. She couldn't reach Dexter through the mind link and that scared her more than any form of torture Victor delivered to her.

Minutes ticked by and Nine started to slowly let the fear of losing Dexter consume her. Her beast was begging to come out and she was about to let him but then she heard it.

The door creaked.

She quickly stood up in a fighting stance, her eyes watched intently as it was pushed opened to reveal...

*******

A/N

So i have reason to believe that my cat is fat...or maybe its just his fur.

Nah it's fat.

Love that fat *smirks* makes it even easier for me to chase him!!! Kekekekeke!!!

>:D Coz being evil is fun!!!

Now if you'll excuse me but Timmy is sleeping at the moment...

It would be a shame if someone where too...

Wake him!! MWHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

*smirks arrogantly* Totally nailed that evil laugh

*skips happily away into the sunset*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 155K 61
[COMPLETED] Lyra is a human living among wolf-shifters. Without being blessed with a beast, she tries her best to fit in the pack. Just when she tho...
1.7M 47.2K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
69.9K 3.2K 36
{ I n p r o g r e s s } /ˈwerˌwo͝olf/: a human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature. After the tr...
478K 15.2K 35
COMPLETED. Avery was best friends with the soon to be alpha of the pack, she was so sure they'd be mates. But her world is abruptly ripped apart when...