Listen ~ One Piece x Reader

By piratequeend

We all need an escape from the real world, and games make it easy, but what happens when those games become a... More

Gold Fables
A Good day
Stalker
Enter World of D
Odd
Gamer Paradise
Cute
Black Blade
Old Friends

Full Release

1.1K 84 43
By piratequeend

         You blink at the message feeling your heart skip a beat. "It came out today..." You whisper in amazement, swiftly messaging your friends on the console before grabbing the headset and powering it on.

The letters light up before you. Keep character?

"Yes please." You respond, bouncing slightly with excitement as the world renders around you. The town was much bigger now, the layout remained familiar though. You move around the town, going through your screens. In your inbox sat a gift from the admin. You swallow and open it to obtain a pair of black assassin daggers. A skull sat on their hilts and along the black blade was a blue material like steel. You inspect the blades in awe.

"There you are DayDream." Mochi's voice snaps you back and you look back at him, swiftly equipping your blades.

"Mochi!" You chime hugging him.

"Heh... I lost track of the days and forgot it came out today." He comments, hugging you back.

"Me too." You smile before looking around. You had been spending so much time with Katakuri you didn't even notice. "I wonder if he's here..." Your eyes narrow slightly. You had asked him to friend you on the console, but he avoided the subject. 'Maybe they are...' You glance back at Mochi as he tilts his head curiously.

"If who's here?" He asks.

"DeathShadow." You hum moving on. You soon spot him and Killbot. The redhead spots you, offering a wave. "Hey guys." You greet as you reach them.

"Hey Daydream." DeathShadow waves.

"Did you guys see they already put us in a group together?" Killbot inquires. You blink and check it.

"Huh... Odd." You murmur straightening up. "That okay with you guys?"

"Yeah." Mochi breathes.

"If most of these missions require teams then we'll have to deal with it- Not that I mind." DeathShadow comments.

"When you put it like that there's not much choice- not that I mind either." Killbot sends you a wink.

"Says theres a mandatory meeting at all town squares in an hour." Mochi speaks up, pointing at the sky. You look up at the message and timer in the sky.

"Think we can do some farming in the meantime? Get ahead of the curve." You peer toward the edge of the town.

"Lets do it then." Killbot rumbles.

The hour felt really short, but you've managed to reach level ten by the time you were supposed to return to the town square. As before a screen appears above it, and a figure begins his announcement.

"Welcome to World of D. For those of you that came to the early release - welcome back! Now, lets begin the introduction. This World around you now is not the only platform. There are many that you can unlock and explore. Many quests will present themselves to if you come in range, but your main goal will be these." He holds up an artifact. "These are very important. Especially if you wish to leave this world."

"What...?" You breathe as the others straighten.

"That's right. These are your ticket back home. You only have to collect one, they'll be given after any ranked mission." He nods. "But make sure you survive, there's been a problem with these death simulations. Some dont come back... So if you die in this game. You may die in real life."

An eerie silence sat over the crowd until a slight panic breaks out. You blink up at the screen. For some reason that thought wasn't very terrifying in this place.

"This is why we've made the group system so your chances of surviving are greater... Hmm... But you shouldn't deceive your teammates." He holds out his hand toward the crowd and everyone seems to change. You freeze, glancing down at yourself before checking the closest reflection. Yep, that was your face staring back. You frown, afraid to look back at first. After a moment of mental preparation, you swallow and look back to find Kid, Law, and Katakuri standing rigidmy behind you.

"___? No way." Kid snaps out of it first, smiling at you sheepishly.

"Interesting. Did he say we can die here?" Law smirks. Katakuri avoids your gaze, adjusting a black scarf he had very recently equipped.

"... Law no. Don't smirk about that." You frown at him. You glance back at the screen as it disappears.

"So, to go back we need to get an artifact without dying?" Kid hums.

"Yeah seems so. And we have five missions in this area to choose." You murmur, glancing at the mission list before looking at Katakuri. "So pick one Katakuri." You add, making his gaze finally shift to you.

"... Save lost child in The Forest of Oblivion." He decides lightly.

"Sounds easy enough. Should we farm first?" You look at the other two.

"Yeah. Lets go." Kid grins while Law nods thoughtfully. With that you head out of town.

"So the medical student actually plays video games." Kid comments, peering at Law.

"Eye-hand coordination is importantfor surgeons." Law hums.

"So you play for that..?" Kid raises an eyebrow at him.

"It was at first. Now its a nice distraction." Law shrugs.

"Oh Law, how are you doing with the one I lent you?" You turn to him, walking backwards as you tilt your head.

"Better than before, thanks for the tips ___-ya." He offers a smile.

"Wait what game?" Kid asks curiously.

"Dungeon Souls X." You and Law answer together. Kid gaps at you at that.

"You play that one too?" He asks.

"Its my rage game." You nod. His eyes widen briefly before he smiles lightly.

"Mine too." He breathes.

"Really? We should rage together sometime." You smile.

"Yes." He grins. Katakuri clears hos throat now, making him looking ahead in slight annoyance.

"Beasts are coming." He informs gruffly. You raise an eyebrow at his tone before focusing on the beasts.

"Lets see how these do..." You smile rushing the beasts. The blades seemed to be pull ribbons of darkness behind them with each attack. You loved the feeling of the power that the blades held.

Before long you and the others were up ten levels. "Wow... You know, farming is a lot funner in this game." You hum as you unlock your first stealth ability called shadow sneak.

"Right? Almost funner than punching people in the face in real life." Kid comments. You blink at him before looking at Law who just shakes his head at you.

"Okay... Law, can you do me a favor and not wait until you have ten health to heal? Watching your health bar get that low..." You frown troubled as he blinks at you.

"Oh, didn't know you were paying attention...." He scratches his cheek glancing down. "I'll do better." He assures. You relax before peering at Katakuri. He's been quiet this whole time since the reveal, and honestly it was starting to get you. He meets your gaze as your eyes narrow at him briefly before you look to the quest marker.

"Guess we should get going." You comment, letting Kid lead the way. You follow behind Law alongside Katakuri.

"... You're mad..." He comments quietly.

"When were you going to tell me?" You inquire. The other two glance back at that before exchanging a glance and quietly giving you and Katakuri more space. Katakuri doesn't answer that question. You look at him frowning. "You knew from the beginning didn't you?"

"I... Yes..." He confesses, eyes on the ground.

"Why didn't you at least say something?" You press. He scratches his cheek bone, brows knitting together in a guilty fashion.

"I... Wanted to see what you thought of me..." He answers lightly. You blink at that, shoulders slumping.

"You were worried I wouldn't like you..." You conclude looking ahead as you both reach the forest. He doesn't answer but you still smile softly. "You have nothing to worry about... Silly guy." You giggle softly. You look at him as he peers at you and let him see your smile. He relaxes a bit before looking at the other teammates that waited quietly.

"I'm sorry ___." Katakuri breathes.

"I cant stay mad at you." You nudge him before joining the other two.

"You good now?" Kid arches a brow at you.

"Yeah we're good. Lets go find that child." You smile before entering the forest. Oblivion Forest appears in misty letters before your group before disappearing as you walk through it. You giggle a bit, turning about as the streams of mist drift away.

"Careful ___." Katakuri catches your arm just as you trip on a branch.

"Damn. I can be clumsy in this too...." You chuckle sheepishly.

"Do you think we can affect the terrain here then?" Law wonders.

"Lets see." Kid smirks, pulling his axe from his back.

"Don't get too crazy with it. Could be consequences... Like that one game with the big tree monster that comes after you for chopping down too many trees." You warn lightly. He pauses, glancing at you before tilting his head.

"Alright, just one then." He decides before offering you the handle of his axe. "You wanna test it?" He inquires. You swallow looking at the axe's spiked red blade.

"No thanks Kid. You're much stronger. We'll be here all day if I do it and it works." You smile sheepishly. He blinks before returning your sheepish smile.

"Alright, suit yourself. Take a few steps back okay?" He adds.

"Sure." You move away as he picks a tree out and gets ready to swing. You glance at Law and Katakuri, Law seemed interested in the possibility of terrain manipulation, while Katakuri watched Kid in mild annoyance. You look back to Kid as he takes a swing, cleaving through the tree and making it fall. You blink as the ground shakes. "Wow. Go Kid." You applaud.

"That was really easy. Wonder if we have crafting in here..." He says looking at the tree before checking his screens.

"I don't see it either. Maybe it's an unlockable thing." You check yours. There's a roar that rips through the trees then, pelting your team with a gust. ".... Kid! I told you something bad might happen!" You gasp in alarm.

"It was only one tree!" He defends.

"Hey. The quest marker is moving." Katakuri alerts making you both look over.

"The kid is close." Kid mutters.

"Lets go help them then. Whatever that was is probably after them." You say running for the marker. They follow quickly at that. You see an opening in the trees but before you can stop you've run off a cliff.

Arms wrap around you and you're pulled back onto solid ground. "That was a bit alarming to watch." Katakuri breathes with a sigh. You blink at his arms before looking up at him.

"Thanks Mochi. You're the best." You smile. He blinks before relaxing and letting you go as the other two join you.

"Whoa. That was close. You okay?" Kid asks you.

"Yep I'm good." You assure as the ground starts to shake. All of you look down into the dark treeline in the valley below as a familiar girl runs out of the trees. "Its Merry..." You recognize. The trees behind her are ripped apart as a giant moss covered dragon comes out with a roar. You pale as the beast's rank and name appear over it.

Oblivion Forest Dragon : Rank A

".... We are not at all ready for a Rank A boss..." Kid breathes.

"But what about her?" You frown.

"She's an NPC. There's no reason to risk our lives for it." He points out.

"There's a collecting mission close by we could do then." Katakuri agrees picking it. Another marker comes up and they start for it.

"Thats too bad..." Law mutters passing you. You stay put, watching Merry run for the cliffs. Walking away didn't feel right to you. Merry suddenly trips and your heart skips a beat as the dragon lunges.

"___!!" Katakuri's call sounds too late as you lunge off the cliff at the dragon. You activate shadow sneak, slipping into the shadow under the dragon's chin. You swing your leg up, kicking it's mouths shut before spinning with your daggers and cutting it's jaw. It lurches back with a roar.

"Ms. Daydream!" Merry gasps. You get ready as the dragon lashes at you. Kid lands in front of you, knocking its claw back with his axe. Katakuri lands on its head, stabbing it in the neck with his trident.

"I'm going to yell at you after this ___!" Kid shouts at you.

"You're already yelling at me!" You shoot back.

"I was hoping you would do something like that." Law comments behind you. You look over as he kneels beside Merry. "You need healing Merry-ya?" He adds. You refocus on the dragon as it roars louder. Katakuri lands beside you.

"We'll have to be smart about this." He says.

"Right... Send your mana potions to Law. He'll focus on healing while we spread out and attack." You both dive out of the way as the dragon slams its clawed hand where you had been standing.

"Okay leader." Law smirks. With that Katakuri, Kid, and you focus on wearing down the dragon. Little by little, until a familiar text appears.

"Mental Link." You breathe as time slows. You visualize the final blows to your teammates quickly.

'Roger that.' They think back as time returns to normal. You and Kid dive under it slashing it's legs and stomach. It rears up on it's hindquarters, releasing a green burst from it's jaws. Katakuri rolls out of the way just before the green breath touches the ground, making an array of plants burst out. Your eyes widen, briefly imagining the affects on a player. You swallow as Kid moves into position. Law rushes the redhead, jumping onto the broad side of his axe.

"Don't miss Trafalgar!" Kid growls, catapulting him at the dragon's chest. You look to Katakuri as he gets ready to rush Kid as well.

"Go..." You breathe. He runs at Kid, getting catapulted over Law. Together they aim for the heart and the beast's neck. Law's sword cuts through a soft spot that you and Kid had created, plunging deep into the dragon's chest. It rears it's head back to cry out in pain but Katakuri takes the opening to take the dragon's head.

Time slows with the final strike and the battle stats come up around you, adding up before giving your team an S grade. You grin, feeling pride rise to your chest as the stats fade. The dragon bursts into a cloud of leaves, which fall around a very fancy looking chest. Everyone looks at it but no one moves to open it.

"Aren't you guys going to open it?" You ask.

"Nah. You should open it." Kid hums.

"We were about to abandon it, but you jumped in." Katakuri adds. You swallow, going over to it and lifting the lid. Gold coins burst out, making you jump slightly as they fly into your money pouch. You relax and peer in curiously.

"There's something for everyone in here." You comment, touching an assassin top and equipping it. They come over, all taking a piece of loot.

"Thank you team Daydream. That was very impressive." Merry's voice makes you look back at her to find her smiling at you. "Not only did you complete your first mission, but you're also the first team in the region to complete an A ranked quest! Bonus rewards are being sent to your inbox!" She congratulates. "And since you're also the first to complete this particular mission. I will be accompanying you as a helper and guide from here on." She gives a bow.

"Wow... The first in the region..." You echo in awe. "I've never been first in anything..." You whisper smiling.

"Well done ___-ya." Law pats your shoulder, giving a small smile.

"I couldn't have won on my own though." You give a sheepish smile.

"Yeah. What the hell were you thinking?" Kid scolds. "Did you forget you could die here?" He frowns.

"Sorry... That was reckless." You frown slightly as well. He pauses before sighing.

"Its fine. Just give more of a notice next time okay? That way we can dive in together." He scoffs looking away. Katakuri gives him an annoyed glance before looking at you.

"I should've known you'd do that.. You have a habit of taking the role of protector without thinking." He sighs before becoming thoughtful. "Still, witnessing it in this format is both unnerving and amazing." He tips your chin. "It suits you."

"Thanks. Guess we should go home now." You look around for the artifact.

"Here you are Ms.Daydream." Merry holds it up to you. You smile looking at it.

"Is it crazy that I want to come back here tomorrow.?" You ask lightly.

"If it is. Then we're both crazy." Kid chuckles.

"I want in on that." Law rumbles.

"By the looks of it. We're all mad." Katakuri comments as you all take hold of the artifact and everything fades to black.

You take off the headset, the feeling of pride and happiness still bubbling in your chest as you hug the equipment to your chest. "Its like a dream I can share with them... Thank you developers..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 1.1K 20
What if Luffy took in a kid in his crew? What would it be like? I suck at descriptions so here some infos! • English isn't my first language, please...
46.9K 1.1K 39
" It's ok Y/n you're safe..." " Leave me the fuck alone! You crazy son of a bitch!" " Ouch that hurt... but don't worry I know how to fix that..." I...
2.8K 117 18
Luffy x Reader "You're made of rubber?" You asked. Completely In shock as the boy stretched his arms out to grab ahold of some meat. "Yup! hehehe!" T...
2.3K 294 54
After making a mistake in her childhood, her fate changes. Instead of dying she return alive in hope of fixing her messed up past and fate. By chang...