𝐊 𝕺 | k.th

By tastyggukie

✧ When a man-whore of a Prince falls for his subject. ✧ "Suck my dick," he provokes with his feet up on a cha... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Royal Harvest
One in a Million
A Genuine Apology
Mendacious Pathway
An Effort and a Struggle
Memories of the Past
A Tender Wound
False Flag
Lost My Way
Fool me Once
Shame on You
Innocent and Ignorant
Fickle Matters
Second and First
Flushed with Lust
New Customs
Fool me Twice
Shame on Me
A Weak Threat
Without Care
Always You
To be His Queen
Faulty Promises
A Fleeting Feeling?
Ups and Downs
Dam
Peace
Broken
Trickling Down
Lying Truth
Partly Yours
Love Games
Your Best
Tower of Secrets
Past to Onward
Clarity
In the Case of Death or Displacement
Eye of the Storm
Caged Fire
Persistence is Key
Heartless Heart
Unpraising Daisy
Case
Indecisive Victory
[Notice] Thank You For 100K Reads!

Distance

11.8K 542 234
By tastyggukie

You and Taehyung both stayed true to your promises and remained seated on the floor until dawn.

While you truly could hide in the bathroom for several days, Taehyung had work.

With his princely duties in mind, he woke up at the crack of dawn and finally left your room. He was sore throughout, and fairly, he was angry.

"Ah," he groans while limping his way to his father's office.

"You're late." The King's voice is booming and startles the half-asleep Taehyung into a slight jump.

...

"Miss?"

You groan when you feel the sharp pain inching up your backside.

"Miss?"

"Yeah, yeah." You slowly unlock the door to let Hani in.

"Oh, my lady!" she screeches when her eyes land on your messed hair, sleepy form, and red eyes. "Are you sleeping in the bathroom?"

"Oh..." you mutter. "I'm sorry..."

You pout when you remember that you have another interview today.

And this just made Hani and the maids' job much, much harder.

...

"Stop squirming!" Hani orders while applying concealer to your under-eyes.

"Get that devil stick away from my eyes, and I'll stop!" You thrash against her touch until she puts her hands on her hips menacingly and nods at Ijoo and Yerim. "W-Whatㅡ"

The two girls hold down your slender body with incredible force, and you scream in dismay.

"Not you too, Ijoo!" You swallow thickly as the girls begin their makeover on you.

...

"Miss Sooyun?"

You blink rapidly, completely forgetting that you're in the middle of a live interview and trying your best to ward off the sleepiness taking over your muscles. "Yes?"

She laughs genuinely and shakes her head. "It seems you didn't get enough sleep last night, Miss. The question was: 'Has it been difficult to stay away from your family?'"

"Oh, yes, of course," you recover professionally. "I've lived with my parents and siblings my entire life, and now I don't have the constant company and attention." You laugh. "It's hard."

She hums in response. "Do you have siblings?"

"Yes. I have an older brother and a younger sister."

"How has it been for them? Has anyone from your family sent you letters or visited you yet?"

You exhale and smile sadly. "No..."

"Oh, that's alright. You've only stayed for a little longer than a week now, don't be too downcast," she comforts before clearing her throat and continuing. "Now, many people have been interested in your past love life. Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"No," you answer honestly.

But she continues, which makes you think that this is something a lot of people are curious about. "Has a boy ever confessed to you? Or kissed you?"

You frown and shake your head. "No, I'm only 16."

"Huh," she acts. "Well, I'm sure many are disappointed, but innocence is always admired."

...

You sigh while plopping onto your bed with a soft thud.

The interview was over, your maids had undressed you and left to continue their work, and you were left alone with your thoughts.

This was not a good time to be left alone with your thoughts.

'I want to leave the Harvest' is the first string of words that plays in your brain, repeating itself several times over as you toss around in bed.

"Ugh."

It was too early to sleep, so you decide on reading one of the many books you borrowed from the library the previous day. Dragging yourself over to the desk by the window, you spot a piece of paper laying on the dark surface.

Picking it up with a light touch, you frown.

I'm sorry.

That was it? That's all he had to say?

You scoff before tearing the paper in half and tossing it on the floor. Sure, you were being angry and petty, but what else were you supposed to do?

For an entire hour, you sit on the chair with a book in your hands, but you can't seem to pay attention to the words.

After a grueling two decades, both sides finally agreed on peace treaties...

You read over the same sentence a dozen times but it doesn't make sense or hold any significance in your memory. So you finally slam the book shut and head out of your room to explore the palace again.

Maybe you'd find something as delightful as you did yesterday.

A dread-filled two minutes passes by until you're standing in front of Jungkook's door and timidly knocking.

You hadn't spoken with him since that day he kissed you, and you felt awkward to approach him first.

"Sooyun?" His soft voice wakes you from your thoughts, but you continue looking at the floor shyly. "What's wrong?"

"Can youㅡmaybe, hang out with me today?" you mumble with red cheeks.

He smiles at your small, gentle form before opening the door and nodding. "Sure."

You hesitate for a second, biting your lip with embarrassment. "How about we go to my room?"

"Oh," he checks the watch on his thin wrist and steps out. "No problem."

...

And that's how you ended up cuddled into Jungkook's chest while in bed together.

You giggle. "You're so good at persuasion, Jungkook."

He grins while moving his arm around your torso and pulling you further into him. Your back was flush with his front, and his one leg was now in between yours.

"Eek," you squeak when you feel his strong, muscular arms against you. "Jungkookㅡ"

"Mm," he groans into your hair and playfully presses your lips together with his fingers. "Shut up, I'm trying to sleep."

You laugh before relaxing your shoulders and feeling the exhaustion catch up to you, as well. "Fine," you mumble while pulling the blanket forcibly toward your side. "Mine."

You immaturely stick your tongue out and prod him, but he only smiles softly while brushing a strand of hair out of your face. "You can have the blanket but," he shifts as you keep your eyes closed, "I get a kiss."

And you feel his lips against your cheek for a second before he pulls back and settles into the mattress, falling asleep quickly after and leaving you with a bashful smile on until your brain shuts itself off.

...

"Oh my god," you hear in your half-asleep state. A strong force pulls the warm blanket down from the two of you, and you groan while reaching for its soft comfort again. "Thank goodness," she breathes.

Your ears perk up. "Yerim?" you say with one eye open.

"Lady Sooyun!" she whisper-yells. "What are you doing?!"

You shift and lay on your back, pushing away at Jungkook's unconscious form. "Huh?"

"Come here!" she orders as she pulls your arm and forces you to stand up. She points at Jungkook. "You can't sleep with him like this, Miss!"

You know what she's talking about, but you feign ignorance. "Why?"

"My lady... It's the most important rule in the Harvest. If you're caught displaying even the slightest affection for another man, you will be executed in front of the whole country," she says quietly. "I don't doubt your intentions are pure, but please, ask His Highness to leave."

You glance at Jungkook's cute, sleepy body and his pink, pouted lips, and you hold in a smile. "I'll tell him when he wakes up. He's dead asleep now."

You shift your weight from one leg to the other while withstanding Yerim's glare of disapproval. "No. If someone else were to comeㅡ"

"It's fine," Jungkook suddenly speaks in his deep, raspy, morning voice. You gulp. "She's right, Sooyun. I'll go."

And he quickly comes to his feet and walks toward the door, giving you a slight smile and bow before exiting.

Yerim huffs and hastily closes the door behind him. "Forgive me, my lady, for speaking to you so harshly."

"Don't worry about it," you say while rolling back onto your bed. "You're just worried about me; I know."

You hear Yerim gulp loudly before talking in a hushed manner. "Truly, my ladyㅡhave you feelings for Prince Jungkook?"

To be Continued...

(A/N Does she? 👀 Vote and comment 💜)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 201K 65
His finger traces my skin, his coffee brown eyes staring deep into mine as I feel chills run down my spine. "Taehyung." I call out his name, close to...
3.3K 302 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
8.8K 1K 12
ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴᴇʀ ϙᴜᴇᴇɴ. ʀᴏʏᴀʟ.ᴀᴜ 🅢🅤🅜🅜🅐🅡🅨 ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsɪʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇs ᴛᴏ ᴇsᴛᴀʙʟɪsʜ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇ , ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴘʀɪᴠᴀᴛᴇ ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴛᴜʀ...
840 104 13
"in dizzying memories that feel like dreams. the rain pours whilst i dance alone. its beautiful, isn't it? when this mist clears i will run toward...