The Unseen Avenger ∘ Marvel

By daisysjohnson

"Are we just what we were made to be?" In which a special agent is rejected from the Avengers Initiative, but... More

summary
series trailer + playlist
epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One: Not a Little Green Man
Chapter Two: A Stupid Shoulder
Chapter Three: Fun and Games
Chapter Four: Cages and Cinna
Chapter Five: Smells Funky
Chapter Six: Baffi finti
Chapter Seven: Shut Up!
Chapter Eight: Comin Crashin Part 1
Chapter Ten: Recovery
Chapter Eleven: Suit Up
Chapter Twelve: And It Begins
Chapter Thirteen: Have You Ever Killed An Alien?
Chapter Fourteen: Conquering An Army
Chapter Fifteen: It's Over
Chapter Sixteen: Aftermath
sequel news

Chapter Nine: Comin Crashin Part 2

6.6K 317 69
By daisysjohnson

I fall. Hard.

My head hits steel, jogging my whole body. My head immediately bleeds, blood clouding my vision. I groan in pain as I roll onto my back. I hear a sigh.

I look over to my right. Natasha and Banner fell with me. Nat's leg is trapped under a beam, while the doctor is breathing hard.

I wipe the red out of my vision and run over to my friend, attempting to lift the beam.

"Sienna." Nat says. I keep attempting to lift.

"Sienna!" She whisper yells. I give up, panting. I look at her.

"Yes?"

She jerks her head over to Banner who's skin is tinted green. I won't freak out. He's turning into a monster. Don't freak out.

"You have to listen to me," Natasha says quickly," You have to leave us."

"No-"

"Sienna, I'm going try to calm Banner down. You have to leave us, two is to much. The carrier under attack, and I pretty sure it's for Loki. Get to Loki's cell."

"Nat-"

"Go!"

I hesitate a minute, then run.

I rush into the down stairs, across ramps. Judging from where we fell, I'm two floors up from Loki. I run faster, wiping blood from my eyes now and then.

I turn down a ramp, only to come face to face with two men dressed in black body armor. They bare no SHIELD symbols.

"Hey boys," I pant," Your in my way."

I pull out a pistol, shooting the first in the head. The next one throws a grenade, and I dodge. The explosive goes off, throwing me to the side. I grip at the ramp, hanging off it.

The man points a gun at me. I let go of the ramp with one hand, grip one of my knives and plunge it into my attackers foot. He howls in pain as I swing myself up. I stab him twice in the heart, his blood splattering on my face. I attach my knife to my belt and take off running again.

I run down another flight of stairs, only to find half of it's has been blown away. I jump across it, landing of balance as my shoulder slams into a ramp. Pain courses through it as I yell. I grip at my arm, clenching my teeth. I hear footsteps approaching as I attempt to ignore my pain.

Another man, no SHIELD symbol, starts shooting at me. I dodge then, raise my pistol. I run, then slide down the slightly inclined ramp. Me being somewhat small, slide past him. I turn, shoot at his head, then quickly get up.

The previous man's backup arrives. I kick the AK out of his hand and elbow him in the face. I swiftly then kick under him, watch him fall, then push him off the ramp, where he plummets two stories.

I move down the last level fairly easily. I hear crackling through my earpiece. Its broken. I throw it down, the electronic smashing to bits on contact. Suddenly, the ground dips. I grab at the ramp for balance. They must have hit our engines.

Ignoring the unbalanced ground, I keep going towards Loki's cell. I hear fighting all around me. I really wish my earpiece wasn't smashed. I wish I could know what's going on.

I find the door to the cell room open. Oh, no. The cell isn't there. It must have dropped. A huge hole has been created to the side. What the heck happened here? I hear wheezing. I see Coulson on the ground. Oh,no.

"Sienna." He croaks. I kneel next to him. This isn't happening, this isn't happening.

"Phil." I say, my voice caught in my throat. Blood is stained on his dapper white shirt.

"What happened?"

"Loki stabbed me. Thor fell with the cage. The PHASE 2 prototype works."

I give a slight smile at his easy explaination.

"Here, I'm gonna need your earpiece to call HQ. Your gonna pull through."

"I don't want you to watch me die."

I gulp at his statement, range and anger rising in my throat. He's not supposed to die, this wasn't the mission, this wasn't the plan.

"No, your going to live." I say, my voice on the verge of cracking," Understand me?"

"Sienna," I look up at him. He smiles, blood dripping from his mouth," Go make Loki pay. Just don't kill yourself."

"I'm not going to leave you."

He smiles, a pained action,"It's nice to know you care, but I'm not going to be here much longer."

I don't want to leave him, but the look in his eyes tells me I need to. I look at Coulson, the man who found me when I was just a child, who helped dragged my mother's body away. The man who supervised my training for the longest time. He's the guy who you didn't think about, but was always there. The guy you thought would always be there.

I think of Loki, the alien I've wanted to kill since he came to Earth. Adrenaline flows into me, hear spreading throughout my body. He hurt Coulson, took Barton. Threatened to takeover the world. He. Will. Die.

At first I walk, then run. I jump past the burnt hole to another room. I don't find Loki, but a trail of coals. I follow them. I run through to more rooms, one thing in mind: Loki must die.

Finally, I see four more enemy agents accompanying the slimy snake.

"LOKI!" I scream. He and his men turn around.

"Oh, Agent Firman," The alien chuckles," How nice of you to join us."

"You die today!" I yell, then charge at him. The first goon comes at me, but all I have to do is slit his throat. Adrenaline forces me on, even if my I accidentally cut one of my fingers in the process of trying to decapitate a head.

The second and third come at me with machine guns, but I simply kick them out of their hands. I shoot the one, and the second knocks the gun out of my hand. I headbutt him, doing more damage to myself, but it fazes him. I kick at his legs. He falls and I step on his neck, retrieving my second pistol from it's holster and shooting him in the head.

I pant, they take a look at the last goon. He's at least 6'4, bulging muscles and a shiny bald head.

"Meet Ron," Loki says," My best human bodyguard."

The man grunts. Typical goon-giant behavior.

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall." And I charge at Ron.

I shoot but the goon throws the pistol, sending the bullet off to who knows where. I punch him in the face, but I think my knuckle suffers the most damaged. He swings his fist, I dodge around him and go for the headlock. Thinking I've won, I smile. Until he quickly bends over, me toppling head first over him. I end up on the ground, and quickly roll away from a impending kick.

I'm up again, dodging a few swings and kicks. I manage to get a hold of one of my knives and go for a heart stab. He quickly goes to the side, so the blade ends up in his back. I see the acid boil his blood, but all he does is yell. Then he simply takes it out of his back and cuts my arm. I feel a strong sting, but ignore it, because Ron has my knife.

He goes for my stomach, but I suck it in so it only gazes my jumpsuit. I catch his arm, bending his wrist so the knife drops. His other fist impounds my face and I stagger back. My right cheek will have a bruise.

I take out another two more of my knife, throwing them as quick as I can. One misses, the other finds his stomach. Red boils as he slumps down. Miraculously, he gets up. I try to block, but it's no use. He bangs my head against the ramp. I stagger up, only to be punched again in the head. My vision goes black at the edges.

A minute or so passes as I focus a staying awake. I hear a thud, then footsteps coming towards me. Loki kneels down next to me," Ron just died. Your acid is quite nice. It leaves a sting."

He produces one of my knives, than slowly traces it over my arm. I scream in pain. Burning, burning so hard as I feel my skin erode away. Tears come to my eyes.

"Oh, the girl cries." Loki laughs. I spit at him. He wipes it away, then his face turns into disgust.

"Why you little-"

"Sir," a voice says," We need to go now."

"You attempt to command me mortal!" He shouts.

"SHIELD's regrouping fast. More than half of our men are dead. Stay here any longer and we'll all be taken."

Loki snarls, than looks back at me," Guess who's free?"

And he leaves me writhing in pain. I look at my arm. An L has been traced on it. This brings more tears. Coulson is dead by now. SHIELD's in shambles.

I rarely cry. I haven't in years. Pain was always something you'd deal with. Crying was a show of fear, it was a show of weakness. I hated the feeling of being powerless. So I decided to stop. No matter how much pain, I'd never be weak. And crying in front of an enemy, forbidden. I broke my own stupid code.

More tears sliding down my face. My shoulder and arms burn. My head feels like a building fell on it. My stomach seems to have a huge hole in it. But the thing that hurts most is the thing that's rarely been touched: My heart.

At first it's just a whisper. Then a moan. Then an yell. Then a bloodcurdling scream escapes my throat. I do it, over and over again. I want to die. I want to die so bad. I want to get this feeling out of my system. The pain hurts too much. Everything hurts to much.

The room is dizzy and my mind is fleeting. My eyes play tricks on me as white floats in my vision, silver seemingly streaking in the air around me. Tears keep coming, they don't stop, they won't. I hate this. I hate this feeling eating me inside out, the bursting stars under my skin felling like fire as I stare at my enemies initial.

I'm a human. I am weak. I am powerless. I am afraid. I'm afraid of the things I can't control. I'm afraid that everything I know is going to fall. Because it's happened to me before. And when the world around you starts crashing down, and everything you think you know is gone, that is when you need a stronger word for pain.

And now an alien is trying to take over Earth. Science seems to be nothing anymore compared to magic. Universal laws are being unhinged. Everything is crumbling, and it's taking loved ones with it.

So I sob. I vaguely remember someone standing over me, bending down and asking what happened. But I don't answer, just let my eyes close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 286 37
There was an idea, called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could become something...
3.3M 86.2K 74
Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille Romanoff has been deceased for the past f...
242K 6.1K 49
"𝘏𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨?" [ avengers ] - [ avengers: infinity war] war...
415K 14.1K 11
❝She's the one you should be afraid of.❞ ━ the avengers ━ book one in the harbinger series