His Little Fae

By AidaBekar

He wanted a Queen, she had no need for a King. He wanted his mate, she wanted adventure. He wanted her close... More

Coming soon
Cast
Prologue
Unwanted Encounter
Prison Discussions
The King's Orders
Mates?
Attempted Ambush
Upsetting Him
Foreign Lands
Terrifying Truths
Last Moments
Thank You
Small Signs
A Spiral of Tears
Consolation
Bloodline
A Chance
Judgement
Another Encounter
Exposed
Moonlight
Unsupervised Adventures
Strange Visions
Your Mate is a Billionaire
(Not) Thinking Rationally
Fates Intertwined
Conciliation
Love?
Training
Unconcealed Ardor
Shadows
Dinner
New Relations
Drunken Haze
Luna della mia Vita
Kitchen Escapades
Euphoric Illusions
Moonlight Exploits
Fiery Animosity
Mild Vexation
Incandescent Flames
Sorrowful Mourning (I)
Midnight Discussions (I)
Midnight Discussions (II)
Dead of Night (I)
Dead of Night (II)
Saccharine Showers
Buried Enmity (I)
Buried Enmity (II)
Come Home
Lying by Omission
City of Lights (I)
City of Lights (II)
Calm Before the Storm
Monody (I)
Monody (II)
Monody (III)
Laconic Heartache
Arduous Distractions
Ephemeral Nights (I)
Ephemeral Nights (II)
Melancholic Bloodlust (I)
Melancholic Bloodlust (II)
A Fae's Epiphany (I)
A Fae's Epiphany (II)
Faerie Hunting (I)
Faerie Hunting (II)
Seeds of Doubt (I)
Seeds of Doubt (II)
Fresh Marks
Seraphic Truths (I)
Seraphic Truths (II)
Doorways (I)
Doorways (II)
Doorways (III)
Alliances
Empty Threats (I)
Empty Threats (II)
Loyalty (I)
Loyalty (II)
Drawing Near (I)
Drawing Near (II)
First Blood

Bad Decisions

41.7K 1.3K 284
By AidaBekar

"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible,

She walked with the Universe on her shoulders,

And made it look like a pair of wings."
________________________

"So what is your name anyway?" I questioned, and the royal beta shot me an offended look, eyes narrowing slightly.

"What?" I asked incredulously, whilst casually popping another chip into my mouth.

"You've been sitting in my car, and eating my snacks for the past thirty minutes and you don't even know my name?" he inquired, causing me to grin.

"Give me food and I won't really care," I shrugged, prompting him to roll his eyes.

After a few moments of silence, I added, "You're lucky I'm even letting you drive."

Taking his eyes off the road, he gave me an appalled look, "You're the one who agreed to take my car the moment I told you there were snacks."

"True," I admitted uninterestedly, and he hit his head on the steering wheel.

"Careful there, beta, we don't want you getting a concussion and killing us both," I warned before reaching into the bag for another chip, and pouting when I realized it was empty.

"It's Jayden," he told me.

Flipping over the empty bag, I watched as a few crumbs slipped out, "Well, Jayden," I began, "where are the rest of the snacks?"

The wolf said nothing as I boldly stated his name, but I didn't miss the way his hands tightened around the steering wheel, his wolf growling at the disrespect. I knew very little of werewolf culture, but one thing I was sure of was that they did not tolerate disrespect. I was not his mate; nor was I his queen. I didn't have the right to even look him in the eye and yet here we were. A part of me perked up curiously at his patience.

"If you were any other wolf I would have wrung your neck by now," he stated calmly after a few moments, and I cocked my head curiously.

Arching a brow, I asked, "So why didn't you?"

"Because in your head, there's no such thing as crossing the line with disrespect," he sighed, using his free hand to tiredly pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Besides, you've said worse," Jayden added.

"Okay, but you never answered my question," I told him instead, and he furrowed his brows in confusion, before sighing.

"They're on the floor in the back."

Turning around in my seat, I shocked him as I hopped into the back and peaked over the other seats to find the hidden goodies waiting for me in a large box.

Picking it up, I sat in the seat behind the passenger seat, and rested my chin beside the head cushion.

"Want anything?" I inquired, and Jayden briefly looked back.

"Pass me any of the drinks," he muttered, and I complied, kindly pulling out one of the bottles and placing it into the cupholder for him.

"Why are there so many snacks anyway?" I asked him, while opening a bag of gummies.

"That's what happens when you're transporting royalty," he replied proudly, "You needn't worry though, King Livius wasn't going to eat any of them anyway."

What a waste.

"Ah, so this is a rented car?" I assumed, and he nodded.

"Owned by the hotel," Jayden confirmed.

He turned a corner and my eyes couldn't help but widen slightly at the sight of the large hotel we stopped in front of. It towered over all the other buildings in the city, the warm golden lights from the interior outlining both sides of the tall structure. The hotel name was written proudly for any passerby to see, and I inhaled deeply.

"Damn," I mumbled, and Jayden chuckled, eyes filled with the smallest trace of amusement.

Parking the car, Jayden quickly got out and I hesitated before following suit, my heart relaxing ever so slightly as I felt the fall breeze run through my hair.

Plopping another gummy into my mouth, I smiled innocently as I offered one to the beta. He looked at the bag hesitantly before shrugging and accepting my offer. I watched silently as he ate the snack, Selene sighing in the back of my mind.

"I find it strange that he trusts us," she spoke up, and I simply shrugged in response.

"So what's this meeting for again?" I inquired, glancing up at him as I casually clasped my hands behind my back, not letting off even a hint of my true intentions.

"Perhaps he wants to apologize for all the problems our wolves have caused you," he shrugged as we passed through a luxurious lobby, and stepped into the elevator.

I could practically feel the lie.

This was a questioning and I knew it. I shouldn't even have allowed myself to come all the way here. It was risky. I knew that too. But Jayden hadn't ruled me out as dangerous until after the car ride. And that was my opportunity. After all, I didn't want to fight him. It'd only make this situation a thousand times worse. I'd get into even more trouble than I was already in. I refused to go down that road, even if I knew I could.

That's why I weighed out my options, and the only thing that would even come close to allowing me to win against these people was by gaining his trust; and surprisingly enough, he had already given me enough of it.

If I meet with this King, then he's going to find out the truth. I knew how King's acted. I knew how relentless they were. This was not the time for me to be caught. Not with this feud going on between all of the moons creatures. I was a weapon, a valuable asset, whether I liked it or not, and it was up to me to avoid being used as such.

I couldn't meet this King.

Sighing, I glanced up at Jayden with a new determination in my eyes.

"I'm sorry about this, beta," I mumbled, and he furrowed his brows in confusion, but it was already too late. The spell I had casted on that small object already flowing through his veins.

I watched as he suddenly coughed, his eyes widening as his hand lightly gripped his throat in panic.

One gummy was all it took.

I didn't miss the substantial amount of malice that slid into his eyes. A look that promised vengeance. Not only from him, but from his people.

I blinked down at his limp form as he crumbled to the ground, his eyes closed and his breathing even.

"You caught him off guard," Selene mused.

He trusted me not to do anything.

I clenched my jaw as we reached the highest level of the hotel, my eyes darting down the hallway the moment the elevator doors slid open.

"Why didn't I think this through?" I muttered, dragging Jayden out of the large elevator.

I couldn't just toss him into any corner of the hall. The magic would wear off, and he would wake up eventually, and where would that leave me?

Now that I've knocked out his Beta there's only one way out of this.

"Plane ticket to London?" Selene offered, and I nodded.

But what to do with the beta? Come on, Alexandria, think!

I'd probably be arrested if I got caught doing this. So how do I leave without them noticing what happened? Without him remembering that I was here?

I could erase Jayden's memories. It'd definitely give me time. At least until he woke up and was questioned by the Alpha King.

Looking down at the beta, I frowned as I caught sight of his peaceful sleeping state. I genuinely felt bad for having to do this, but there was no other way.

"Aw fuck this shit," I groaned, while waving a hand, and seeing the purple essence fade into the air.

That was the second time I did that today.

This is getting boring.

"Well now that that's taken care of, I can just-" I began to say, but I was cut off when I felt a presence behind me, my body going rigid.

I turned around just in time to see one of the wolves from yesterday, and my eyes widened.

Please don't say you saw anything, please don't say you saw anything.

"What was that?" he questioned suspiciously, his wolf on high alert at the sight of his unconscious beta.

I want to fuckin die right now.

"What was what?" I questioned, blinking innocently, and the man narrowed his eyes.

"What did you do to him?" he bit out, and I cocked my head, whilst nervously shifting my weight.

"Oh I found him sleeping here," I lied, batting my eyelashes, "I was looking for his family."

Smooth Alexandria, smooth. If you're going to die, you might as well die a liar.

"He's not sleeping," the man said, and my eyebrows shot up.

"Then what's wrong with him? Goddess, I hope he's alright," I mumbled, but his suspicious glare didn't falter.

Knock him out, or play the innocent passerby? Which one?

The beta would recognize me if he woke up though, and I'd be right back where I started, so option A it is.

Sighing again, I lunged forward, and clamped my hand over the wolf's mouth, before bringing my knee to his stomach. He fell against the wall with a soft thud, and I knocked him out with a swift kick to the head.

"Now, I need to get out of here," I muttered, and I was about to walk forward when I felt a thick piece of metal make contact with my head.

This is what I get for coming so close to the wolfs den.

I was out cold in seconds.

***********

Aw fuck, fuck, fucking, fuckity, fuck.

I was a complete idiot.

I had just realized that I never got the chance to erase the wolfs memories. He had seen it all, he had seen me erasing his betas memories, and no doubt already told his King.

Currently I was leaning against the headboard of a king sized bed. It was in the middle of a large room that had a couch resting in front of a tv which was hung up against the wall, and a large dresser resting just beneath it. An extravagant chandelier hung from the ceiling, and two bedside tables were to my left and right.

The room reeked of power.

This wasn't any kind of power though, it was unlike anything I had ever sensed before, but there was no mistaking it.

It belonged to him.

I'm literally about to die, and I didn't even get to write my will.

"Selene I just want to let you know that although you're almost always a pain in the ass, it was pretty good having you in my life,"  I told her, and she snorted.

"He's not going to kill us Alexandria," she stated calmly.

Nodding, I mumbled, "Yea, maybe just skin us alive, but no big deal," and she rolled her golden eyes, disregarding my sarcasm.

Inhaling deeply, I was shocked when I caught a scent I didn't smell before. It was different, almost reassuring. It lingered just beneath the suffocating power, and it smelled pretty damn good. Lemons and rosemary, perhaps with a hint of lilac, or was that lavender? It was sweet, yet bitter, soft, but with a hard undertone. It sent my mind into a frenzy.

All I could do was sit on this bed, my legs tucked beneath me and my hands bound behind my back with silver chains laced with wolfsbane. My mouth was covered by a piece of cloth that was tied so tightly, I could barely move my jaw. The chains were interfering with my concentration, so no magic would get me out of this one.

Moving my hands a bit, I winced as I felt the silver dig deeper into my skin. There really was no way I could get out of this, and the only solace I could find at the moment was in that scent that seemed to overwhelm my senses with each growing second.

If I had just went to London with my mother, I wouldn't even be in this position.

I clenched my jaw, and bowed my head, my hair falling over my face, and becoming a curtain that hid my churning eyes. The regret poisoning my brain, overpowering my senses, and tainting the air around me.

It was just this morning that my mother had offered to take me with her. To take me away, and I carelessly refused.

Look where that's gotten me.

My eyes snapped open when I heard the door from the other room in this ridiculously large suite opening. I perked up, and waited for who ever came in to show themselves, and to my surprise Jayden walked through the door.

"I see you're awake, Alexandria," he spoke up, and I attempted to offer him an innocent smile, but the cloth probably made it look like an idiotic smirk.

"I don't know what you did, or how you did it, but I'm going to figure out exactly what happened in the time I can't remember," he continued, eyes filled with a burning determination, and my eyebrows shot up.

"Let me speak," I tried to say but it came out muffled, but I think he got the message when he tore off the black fabric, my jaw immediately relaxing.

"Jayden, hear me out, I-" I began to say, but he cut me off.

"What did you do to me?" he growled, and I pressed my lips into a thin line.

I had to keep this hoax up. The less they knew the better.

Sighing, I looked up at him, my chocolate brown eyes meeting his own, "I just knocked you out," I mumbled.

Narrowing his eyes, he asked, "Why don't I remember any of it?"

I looked away, refusing to maintain eye contact.

Goddess, I was a horrible liar.

"Uh, mild amnesia?" I offered sheepishly.

He growled, causing me to flinch slightly, "Stop fucking around," he bit out, and I allowed a look of sincerity to wash over my face, causing him to quirk a brow.

"Fine, Jayden. No more lies. You want to know the truth?" I asked, and he nodded, eyes still narrowed.

"I'm a magical creature, from a race thought to be extinct, and I erased your memories, because you needed to give me enough time to escape," I told him disinterestedly.

He cocked his head, "You're not serious, are you?" he questioned, brows raised, and I shrugged.

"I'll return your memories, and all the others I've taken, if you let me go," I offered, throwing in the bait and praying the wolf would take it.

I watched as he nodded, and I held back a victorious smirk.

Of course, I wasn't actually going to return their memories.

It's not like I could anyway.

Beta Jayden stepped towards me, his eyes no longer narrowed suspiciously, and he leaned forward but instead of freeing me of the chains, he whispered into my ear.

"Do you think me a fool?" he questioned, and I pouted.

"This isn't fair," I whined.

Rolling his eyes, he told me,"You reap what you sow," and I glared up at him.

"Aw fuck that, it's not my fault you can't keep your own wolves in line," I exclaimed, and Jayden cocked his head.

"I know they wronged you, but things would be a lot easier if you just told the truth," he growled, and I froze.

"But I did tell you the truth," I said slowly.

He rolled his eyes at me again,"You really do think I'm a brainless goon, don't you?"

Scowling, I said,"If you were, you would've let me go. I really thought you'd be smarter than this," and he gave me an incredulous look.

"You actually expect me to believe what you told me," he chuckled, and I smirked.

"A supernatural creature who doesn't believe in the others," I murmured, pursing my lips.

"You're insane."

He didn't believe what I had told him.

He didn't believe there were any survivors.

A wave of relief washed over me, and I realized that my secret was still mostly safe, now I just had to leave, before I carelessly spilled anything else.

"Beta? Are you in here?" A deep baritone voice questioned from the other room, and my eyes widened when the room received another wave of power. One greater than that of the betas.

I really was screwed.

"Yes, your majesty, I was just questioning our prisoner," Jayden immediately replied, but I wasn't focused on him.

I could hear his footsteps coming closer, and with every step he took, the power increased, but along with it came that scent. That unavoidable sweet scent, that made me feel as though every time I inhaled it I learned something new about the owner.

Selene had suddenly fallen silent, and my brows furrowed in question, but she merely retreated to the back of my mind, her fluffy tail tucked, head resting on her paws, and sharp eyes watching through my own.

But nothing could prepare me for what I saw next.

**************

Hi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

738K 21.8K 33
Finding his mate & making her his. Will love prevail?๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’— โ€ขMature content โ€ขThank you for reading & voting ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—
469K 12.9K 39
558K 13.7K 51
Noah Knight is a high ranked werewolf, next in line for his father's throne. He despises humans. They are the reason he lost his mother and his unbor...