angel. h.s ✔️

By vanillasoy

//april showers bring may flowers// she was an angel, an angel trapped in the devils game, harry was no saint... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two.
fifty three
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven.
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty six.
sixty seven.
sixty eight.
sixty nine.
seventy.
alternate ending.
a shameless self promotion

thirty.

30.5K 745 1.1K
By vanillasoy

"Hi welcome to Tea Tree, what can I get for you?"

I smiled as I listened to what felt like the thousandth customer of the day list their order and tapped it into the till easily; it was fucking busy for a Wednesday. But then again, I thought about it as I glanced around the café, it was Christmas Eve.

Christmas Eve and I couldn't be more excited. I glanced at Rhiannon next to me as she worked away on the second till while Kate and Tessa manned the drink orders and I grinned to myself, we all had tinsel in our hair and Kate and I had Christmas earrings.

This truly was my favourite time of year.

Even if I had been stood behind this bloody till smiling and waiting for person after person to order since half past fucking eight this morning. But I didn't mind, everyone seemed to be in a pleasant mood and so were my friends and coworkers.

And that was definitely what I needed considering the week I'd had so far.

"Susan," I called grabbing her attention, she was the exception of the fun workplace, "Can you get more take away cups please?"

Tables and seats had run out in the café around lunch time and they weren't emptying very quickly and I honestly had to say I'd never done so many take away orders in the entire time I'd worked in the café.

I returned my eyes to the line in front of me and called the next little group forward, the bell ringing out through the café every few minutes and I didn't know if it was someone leaving or arriving. I just knew it was going to be a big day.

We'd made five grand yesterday. Five thousand pounds on coffee, it was weird when you thought about it that way. But then again, it was our wages and then some.

I fiddled around as I resumed my role of till bitch as Tessa so kindly nicknamed me. It was only because she hungover that she demanded to be behind the coffee machine. Kate was also hungover but she, as usual, looked presentable.

Susan was absolutely useless on the coffee machine and she was far too slow on the till to the point that it annoyed me having to work alongside her so I made sure it was Rhiannon and I, leaving Susan to be on dish duty.

She wasn't fun anyway. She didn't like Christmas music, who doesn't like Christmas music?!

I flicked my eyes around the café as I waited for the woman in front of me to order and I felt my heart drop into my arse as I spotted a little group about four customers away from me.

God I hated that Harry was so tall.

Well you don't hate it... My treacherous brain pointed out making me frown to myself.

I shook my head as I smiled at the next customer, I didn't need to be distracted now, I had a job to do and I had been doing a brilliant job of avoiding Harry since his drunken show on Monday night. I could not start thinking about his lips or his hands or—

No.

My heart really did drop into my arse as the two customers Rhiannon and I dealt with moved on and we served two more, only two lone men stood between Harry and I and I felt my face glow as I met his eye.

I forced a pained smile onto my face as he smiled at me with a raised eyebrow and I focused on the man in front of me.

"Just a blueberry muffin to go please."

Oh.

Why was I panicking? It was only Niall and Louis and Harry. They'd been in heaps of times. So many times in fact that I was now almost sure it was one of those three who decided on having work meetings here.

But that was before I had kissed one of them. Before I'd enjoyed kissing one of them. Before I wanted to kiss one of them again.

"Two thirty thank you." I smiled as I left the till momentarily to bag the muffin and take the man's five pound note, the till popping open as I got his change and Rhiannon called the next customer forward. Fuck fuck fuck.

I smiled once more as I spotted Susan hovering at the sink behind me and I twisted immediately patting her arm.

"Cover me."

I demanded watching her eyes go wide but I refused to take no for an answer and I also refused to glance over my shoulder knowing a blonde and two brunettes were waiting.

"May I-I'm not confident on the till. It's too busy." Susan stammered and I gritted my teeth and gave her my best encouraging smile, why did we hire her?

"You can use this time to get confident." I told her as I pointed at my now empty till, not bothering to watch as she stepped up and the little group approached the till and I practically legged it into the stockroom.

I didn't realise I was such a baby.

Well, technically, I knew I was considering all I did yesterday morning was leave him a note. But in my defence I'd never been in a situation like that before. I had no idea if he remembered anything, what if he did and he felt bad?

What if he didn't feel bad but instead was disgusted with himself for kissing me? What if he only saw me as a friend and now didn't want to be friends?

What if he's disgusted with me for taking advantage of him in an intoxicated state?

What if he thought I was a terrible person? I had cheated on my boyfriend after all.

I had played all these thoughts and scenarios out in my head continuously since yesterday morning but I was thankful he hadn't shown up at work. I think I would have been too fragile to face him yesterday.

Clearly I still was today.

I touched the covered bruise on my neck and scolded myself for smiling in the darkness of the room. I had a boyfriend.

A boyfriend who had told me yesterday he was going to Liverpool for Christmas and gave me my Christmas present in the front seat of his car. A twenty pound gift card to Ann Summers.

You know what I can buy with twenty quid in an Ann Summers store? A bottle of lube and a packet of condoms.

Merry fucking Christmas to me.

I fiddled with my tinsel wrapped ponytail as I shook my head, I should be happy Tommy even got me something this year. Considering I was as bad as him now. First Luke Jones and now Harry.

I was officially the girl who cheats.

Groaning I glanced around the stockroom, I'd been in here long enough hadn't I?

Their drink order wasn't big and it didn't ever take me this long to make it for them. Sucking it up I decided to finally act like an adult and left the stockroom to relieve Susan of her confidence training.

I smiled to myself as I saw all three of them had disappeared and the line of customers was now just two people being served by Susan and Rhiannon.

"Kate, Susan go on your breaks once you're finished there." I smiled sweetly at Kate as she shot a look towards me. Susan always sat in the office coincidently thats where Kate liked to sit for her breaks.

"Cute bonding time." Tessa sniggered lowly making Kate glare at her as Rhiannon and I laughed as I grabbed a washing up bowl and started the rounds of the café, smiling politely at any and all customers who happened to look my way whilst I was cleaning.

I let my eyes trail over the window as I wiped down a table, the sky was clear but it wasn't overly blue and I could just tell it was cold out there. Just how Christmas should be, I mean I would have loved it to snow but alas this was London.

I yelped as I turned and stepped away from the table, my face almost colliding with a solid chest as a warm hand steadied my arm and I felt my face heat. There was only one person who made my skin feel like it was on fire.

I swallowed thickly as I kept my eyes away from him.

"Sorry about that." I murmured politely, all intentions of stepping away when two fingers gripped my jaw tugging my head up and my eyes met the familiar green.

That was the first time he'd ever touched me like that. And for once I wasn't filled with fear, there was no worry that he was going to hurt me with his grip, just a soft protectiveness. A feeling I wasn't used to, and I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

"Are you avoiding me?"

"No."

Maybe.

Yes.

Harry's eyebrow raised as he let go of my jaw and I shuffled backwards from him a bit. I knew it had been stupid to avoid him considering it was Christmas tomorrow and he'd be in my house but I didn't know what else to do.

"You're such a bad liar sometimes." Harry laughed shaking his head and I bit my lip, I still had no idea how he did it. How did someone who'd known me for a month see through me when people I'd known my entire life couldn't?

"Why would I lie?" I asked, shifting the bowl on my hip aware of Harry watching my every movement.

"Dunno," Harry shrugged, "Would hope you wouldn't lie to your best friend."

My eyes shot up to his as I saw a sly smile tug on his lips and I paled, he remembered.

"Why are you wearing that?" I nodded my head towards the snake embellished leather jacket covering his shoulder instead of acknowledging his words.

"Was at work. Why? You don't find it hot anymore?" He asked and I scrunched my face up.

Why did he have to bring up me calling it hot? I had been drunk. He should know well enough drunk words mean nothing much. But clearly, the two of us were very forward when drunk.

"Depends if you've been beating someone up." I said casually.

"Ah."

Harry rubbed his jaw, we still hadn't talked about last week, I still hadn't told Harry about Luke Jones or the Red Syndicate.

Silence covered us and for the first time it was almost uncomfortable and I sucked my lip into my mouth. This is what I hadn't wanted, I didn't want it to be awkward, I wanted him to come for Christmas and for us to have fun.

"Do you like Cam-"

"Thank you for-"

We both started and stopped talking at the same time and I raised an eyebrow as we both laughed lightly and I watched Harry rub his jaw. Why was he nervous? Did he regret Monday?

Probably, I bet his hangover was bad.

"You first." Harry told me and I bit my lip.

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitating making Harry nod. "Do you like Camembert?"

"Wot?" Harry's face scrunched up and I felt my heart thud, how was he so adorable?

"Camembert cheese. Do you like it?" I asked again, it was kind of a Christmas tradition baked Camembert in honey and almonds but if Harry didn't like it, I could forego it this year.

"I have no idea what that is, so I don't know Sunshine."

I relaxed almost instantly as the familiar name rolled off his lips and I gave him a small smile.

"Would you be willing to try it? No big deal if you don't want to, its just something we do for Christmas so I need to go and buy one after work if you do, but no pressure if you don't it's not real-"

My words became muffled and I stopped talking once Harry's hand was covering my mouth, a smirk on his own.

"Let's have camembert for Christmas." Harry said firmly and I nodded with his hand still on his mouth and I raised both eyebrows at him making him squint back at me before realising and let go of me. My face cooled almost instantly.

"So what were you going to say?" I asked, rubbing my arm a bit as I glanced around the café. It had seemed that the holiday rush had settled down for now but I knew it was probably going to pick back up before closing.

"Thank you for letting me stay on Monday." Harry rubbed his jaw and I nodded, he was nervous again. "I didn't mean to make you uh..."

Aroused? Hot and bothered? Eager?

"Uncomfortable." Not the word I would have used. "I'm sorry if I did." Harry smiled.

"You're a fun drunk." I waved away his apology, my fear and worry evaporating with his words as I fiddled with my ponytail.

"Glad you think so, best friend." Harry said and I licked my lips, "This is cute."

Harry touched my ponytail tinsel and wrapped a strand around his finger and I was taken back to Monday night immediately.

Except this time I was in public, where anyone could see. Just because I'd spent two days imagining kissing Harry again and again didn't mean I could act out, I still had a boyfriend.

"You like my hair curly." I hummed as I lent out of his hold thanks to my common sense, and I moved my eyes away from his lips. I didn't need Harry thinking I was some kind of sexual deviant.

"In fact you love it." I smirked at Harry who just raised an eyebrow and snorted shaking his head.

"What can I say Sunshine? I do, looks much better curly." Harry spoke matter of factly and I knew I looked exactly like my red nail varnish right now. I just nodded at him as I stored the comment away for future use.

"What time should I come over tomorrow?" Harry asked and I flicked my eyes around the café as Tessa caught my eye.

"Whenever you like." I told Harry as I raised an eyebrow at Tessa who was pointing at her phone then the office and then herself. She had a phone call to make? Or take? I just nodded making her grin and disappear.

"What should I wear?" Harry asked and I looked back at him curiously.

"Do I need to dress up?" Harry tried again and I frowned.

"No, why would you? It's just me." I told him, I wasn't planning on wearing anything special. Probably jeans, considering Harry liked my bum in them. I felt my cheeks heat at my own stupid thoughts.

"Dunno," Harry shrugged, "Didn't know if I could turn up in trackies or not."

I laughed, "You can if you want. Just be comfortable, its nothing fancy and nothing you've not seen before." I shrugged, "There's going to be a lot of food though." I smiled up at him making him laugh.

"Alright, I'll bring my fat pants." Harry nodded and rubbed his chin thoughtfully making me laugh before I heard someone call his name and I glanced over his shoulder spotting Niall and Louis.

I sent them both a small smile before looking back to Harry, a much better sight.

"You're wanted." I told him, suddenly remembering that I had both Niall and Louis' Christmas' presents in the office. "Oh can you come and get their presents with me first though, please?"

"Anything for you Sunshine,"

Harry smiled as he followed down the café and I heard Louis' calls of protest as I thought back to him saying that on Monday.

"So how much do you remember?" I asked casually, as I hoisted the two carrier bags up and handed Louis' to Harry as we returned to the café. It wasn't anything special, I'd gotten them both a six pack of beer and Fran a gift card for Mac Cosmetics.

"All of it." Harry shrugged and my eyes widened as my head shot up.

"A much better look on you." I could see Harry's eyes on my neck and I swallowed thickly.

"Harry," I warned slowly as we approached his table.

"Sunshine," Harry mocked.

"Hi." I greeted his other friends, ignoring him. "Merry Christmas, it's not much." I chewed my lip as I gave Niall the plastic bag and Harry gave Louis his.

"You didn't need to buddy!" Niall grinned never the less and rifled through the bag, pulling out the envelope.

"For Francesca. It's a gift card." I mumbled as Niall nodded.

"Thanks May." Louis grinned and pulled me into a hug and I stiffened immediately, only relaxing as I felt a warm hand on my shoulder pulling me away gently and I couldn't be more thankful.

I knew I wasn't as jumpy anymore, but I didn't want to push it. Anyone of these three could flip and hit me whenever they wanted. I figured I should just stick to Harry touching me and move on from there and even then, there were days when Harry and I struggled or rather I struggled.

But I knew deep down if I wasn't so scared of annoying everyone to the point that they'd hurt me, I'd be wrapped around each and everyone of them. Mum used to embarrass me by telling stories of how I was a clingy baby, I guess I still was. I just wasn't allowed to act on it anymore.

Besides too much too soon and Tommy would start to notice things.

I already hated myself for kissing Harry back, for enjoying kissing Harry and most definitely for wanting to kiss Harry again.

"I have to get back to work but I hope you both have a good Christmas." I smiled politely as the two nodded before returning to their conversations. They definitely didn't look as good as Harry did in the Snakes leather jacket.

But then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I turned to Harry, not missing the eyebrow raises from his friends.

"Course," Harry nodded, "Should I let you know when I'm on my way over?"

When did he get so polite?

"You can if you want but it's no biggie. I know not to expect you early." I teased making Harry snort and roll his eyes.

"Have a good afternoon Sunshine." Harry smiled and I smiled back as I tore myself away from him and headed back towards the counter.

I was thankful Tommy wasn't around for once, I knew it was wrong but I was. I was looking forward to Christmas tomorrow, and although I loved it every year, something about tomorrow was making me giddy inside.

And I was pretty sure it wasn't the idea of turkey and eggnog.

lmao this is super tmi but i got rawed last night so good that it literally hurts to bend over today lmao anyway its christmas in may and harry land tomorrow so thats nice

also none of u guys ever talk to me or acknowledge when i write down here so i feel like i'm talking to myself but whats new x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 80.8K 74
// "...Harry? I thought you went home." "Turns out home isn't a place anymore, Flower." // In which a drug dealer takes on more than he bargained fo...
1.9K 109 13
Demon. If you hear this word you think of something evil. And it is true for most of them, but not for Louis. He's probably one of the nicest people...
1.5K 80 23
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...
2.4K 134 19
After hanging out with the quiet kid you find out he's different than you thought and has a dark past. Will his dark secrets keep you from getting cl...