Forbidden Love- USWNT

By uswnt-fanfic

Christen is the new varsity soccer coach at Pinewood High School after moving from Sweden because of a scanda... More

Welcome to Pinewood
The Student
Party at Servando's
A Late Night
Keep My Mind Busy
Win, feelings, and Strange Calls
The Forbidden Kiss
Avoid... if possible
Keep Calm, Stay Strong
The Mistake
Everything's Going to be Just Fine
Clearing the Air
Roll Through the Punches
The Bachelor
Mini Golf
Unwelcomed Visitors
Sweet Thoughts to Not
My Highlight of the Day was...
Where's Christen?
Say Your Goodbyes
Ms. Tom Cruise
Fox Bridge
Home Sweet Home
*BONUS CHAPTER*

Cars, clothes, and Calories

4K 61 2
By uswnt-fanfic

Tobin's Pov. 

"Hell yeah we beat them!" shouted Ashlyn in the locker room. 

"This game calls for a celebration, who wants to go to a party? I think Zach is hosting one," said Megan. 

"Yeah, Zach told me he'd be hosting one," cofirmed Julie.

"Great, let's change and we'll head over with our victory!" yelled Ashlyn. 

I took off my jersey and threw it in my bag and took a towel and dried my body from the sweat. I looked up and saw Alex looking at me. She was staring at my abs, which in the past made me feel great, but now it felt totally weird, so I turned around and threw on a spair loose shirt. I put on black ripped jeans and put on a snapback. 

I grabbed my stuff and walked out to the parking lot with the team. Not everyone could drive, so I drove Allie, Mal, and Morgan. 

I followed Julie's car since she knew where Zach's house was, and when we got there, it was lit up with people and music. 

We walked in as a big pack, and then slowly divided up into smaller groups. I walked with Morgan, Ashlyn, Ali, Allie and Julie into the living room and found Zach yelling and dancing to the music. Julie walked over to him and gave him a kiss. 

He wasn't drunk, and I could tell because he made solid eye contact with her and their kiss wasn't sloppy. I felt bodies pressed against me, and I didn't feel like dancing at the moment, so I walked to the side and walked into the kitchen with Morgan and Ashlyn. 

I then saw someone who I hated with a passion, Servando. He was with his boys laughing and holding cups filled with god knows what. 

I kept my eyes down and turned around so we wouldn't make eye contact. I hated that he was there, and that the last party I went to made me break up with Alex. I turned around and saw Servando talking to Alex, and that pushed me to the edge. 

"Fuck it," I said, and went over and poured myself a cup of "punch" from the bowl and took a chug. 

"Slow down there Tobs, don't want to be totally tanked," said Ashlyn. 

"Who cares, we won a fucking gme and we deserve this!" I yelled over the music. I took another chug, "Whoooo!" 

The song "Drip To Hard" came on the speakers, and I almost completely lost it. I went over to the living room and started dancing to the music. 

"Drip too hard, don't stand too close 

You gon' fuck around and drown off this wave

Doing all these shows, I've been on the road 

I don't care where I go, long as I get paid

Bad lil' vibe, she been on my mind

Soon as I get back, she gettin' slayed!" we sang to the song. 

I then felt a body pressed against me and I didn't know who it was, but I didn't care. They started to grind on me, and I didn't even bother to stop them. It felt like a female's body, so it was even better. 

I felt her grab my wrist and pull me away. I felt my body pressed against the wall and felt her body pressed against mine. Soon my lips were pressed with a pair of hot lips. It was sloppy, and I didn't have any control of the moment. Then I felt the pressure gone and stumbled. 

Another pair of hands grabbed both my arms to support me and felt being dragged out, "Jeez Tobin, I can't take you anywhere without you being in a hot mess," said Ashlyn. 

"Asssshhhhh... lleee- let me go baaaack," I complained. 

"Not like this, how much did you drink?" 

"Mmmmm.. mayyybee likeee threee, fouuur?" 

She sighs, "Allie, help me out here!" she yells. 

The next  thing I hear is a car being unlocked and I'm set down on the backseat. I lay down and Ashlyn goes to the driver's seat and the car turns on. Allie is riding shotgun, and I remember closing my eyes and I'm out. 

****************

I wake up and I find I'm in my own bed. I look at my nightstand to see a glass of water and two advils. I take them, and sit up. 

"Ugghhh." 

I get up and rub my head. Shit, did I ever get hammered. I walk out and go downstairs to see Ashlyn and Allie sleeping on the sofa in the living room. 

"Ash, Allie" no response. "Hey!" I threw a pillow at the both of them and both shoot up. 

"What the hell?" Allie said. 

"You know my family has a guest room right?" 

"The bed's weren't made, so we weren't even going to bother," groaned Ashlyn, still with her eyes closed. 

"How did you guys even get in here?" 

"We found your house keys in your bag, after putting a fight with you last night." 

"Damn, how bad was it?" I was afraid to know the answer, but I need to know. 

"Kinda bad, not the worst, but not the best Tobin Heath moment," said Allie. 

"Oh... great." 

"Do you even know who were making out with?" said Ashlyn sitting up. I shook my head, "only the hottest and popular cheerleader in the school!" 

"Josie?" 

"Naw, she's cute too, but Vicky." 

"Oh shoot, how drunk was she?" I asked. 

"Probably as much as you," chuckled Allie. 

"Why did you even get that drunk Tobin?" 

"I guess I saw Alex and Servando talking and that got me upset," I sighed. 

"Well you can't be acting like that. What happens if you go on a bender and you OD on god knows what? We woulnd't be able to live with ourselves," said Allie. 

"I know, its just been hard okay, its been only a couple of weeks."

We then decided to go out for breakfast since none of us wanted to cook, so we went to a diner that everone goes to, particularly the students. We sat down at a booth and started talking about anything that was brought up. We tried to avoid anything related to Alex or anyone who made us feel angry. 

The waiter came and asked for our order, who was I thought the nicest person in town. 

"Hey Tobin, where do you think you want to go to college?" 

"I was thinking somewhere in the east coast, what about you Ashlyn?" 

"Same, but I can't talk about it with Ali cause where I want to go is in South Carolina, and she wants to go to Pennslyvania." 

"That sucks, hope it all works out." 

Our food came after a bit, and we dove right into our pancakes, "Okay, I have to say these are better than Ihop's pancakes," said Allie with a mouth filled with food. 

"Ha bet," I agreed. 

We finished our food faster than the waiter could ask, "how is your food?" When she came back, she was impressed, and asked if we were splitting the check or not. We did, so we got three different slips of paper. 

************

After the food, I went back to my house and collapsed on the sofa with a food baby. I turned on the t.v., scrolling through the channels not really caring at everything else. My phone then buzzes, and my boss, Fred was calling. 

"Sup Fred?" 

"Hey Tobin, hate to bother on a non-work day for you, but do you mind coming in for a couple of hours today? We're a little short staffed." 

"Sure, my scheduel today is cleared for you sir." 

"Great, thanks Tobin, you're a life saver!" he said. 

I hung up and changed into my "uniform", which really was a black muscle tee and black joggers that I rolled up a little and black tennis shoes. I tied my hair in a ponytail, and drove down to the automobile center. I parked on the street and walked up and signed in and found Fred shuffling through some papers. 

"Hey Fred, what can I do?" 

"Hey Tobin! So glad you can make it, I owe you big time." 

"We're pretty much family Fred, so its nothing." 

"Alright, so you can start with that car on the far side. There's not a lot to do, just spin the tires and change the oil." 

I nodded and walked over and started working on it. I was able to change the oil in no time, but already had some oil on my hands. I then finished turning the tires, and started on another car. I was an hour in, and as I was inspecting the belly of a car, another car came in, and turned off. I was on the ground, so I didn't have a good view of who's car it was. 

"Hey miss, is this the car with the engine problem?" asked Fred. 

"Yes, and how long did you say it would take?" 

"About 7-8 hours, so you'd have it back by tomorrow, hope that's okay?" 

"It's fine, I have a friend who'll be driving me around!" she said cheerfully. I stopped my work, and fixed more on the sound of that voice. It was recognizable, but I wasn't able to pinpoint on who it was. 

"Alright, and would you just confirm who you are?" 

"Sure, Christen Press." 

I froze. Well this is great. I didn't want to be seen, so I stayed still under the car, praying she wouldn't walk near me or the car. A few moments after they were talking, I heard her shoes slowly get quieter so I assumed she was gone. I sighed in relief and rolled myself out under the car. 

"Hey Tobin, do you want another car?" 

"I would love to have another car for free Fred, is that even a question?" I joked. 

"Very funny Tobin, I'll give you a deal, if you work on this car that just arrived, I'll pay you extra today." 

"How desperate are you Fred?" 

"For the past couple of days, very. We're running out of customers." 

"Alright, I'll do it, but I don't need to get paid extra." 

"I can always count on you Tobin," he winked as he was walking away. 

I sighed in agreement, and wiped my oily hands on an already dirty rag. I looked at Christen's car and inspected the hood. I checked the oil and that was good, and then went to the engine. There was some rust on the lids, and some loose bolts and some other things that I'm not getting into too detailed. 

***********

I was working on her car, leaning in the hood to fix the problems, and by the time I checked the clock, it was already 7. I sighed. I looked at my work, and knew I still had a lot of work. I decided to take a break, so I walked over to a nearby burger joint and ordered a burger, fries, and a soda. Hey, don't judge, this is my cheat meal. 

I ate back at the garage and sat outside on the floor. I took time to myself and let my mind drift anywhere. I started eating my fries, when Fred came out. 

"Hey Tobin, you still here huh?" 

"Looks like it." 

"Well, I'm taking off, but you know how to lock things up here." 

I nodded, "I'll be done soon Fred, see you some time." 

He waved and drove home. I went back to work on Christen's car and played some music. "Without Me" by Halsey came on the speaker. This was my jam. I sang along, and went into my own little world. 

"Hey... Hey!" yelle a voice. 

I spun around and my eyes went big, "Ugh, h-hi Chr- I mean coach," I rubbed the back of my head. 

"Hi, I didn't know you worked here." 

I turned down the volume of the music, "yeah, its a family friend's business." 

"I was just checking to see how my car is doing, but I didn't know if you were still open."

I looked at the window, and saw the "Open" light was still on. Jeez Fred, at least turn that off, "Um... yeah your car is good, I'm just fixing the enginge." 

"How bad is it?" 

"Not too bad, just some loose bolts and rusty lids and a couple leaks, but nothing to be worried about." 

She walked over and looked at the hood. I stepped back to give her some space. Then "Youngblood" by 5 Seconds of Summer came on. 

"Remember the words you told me, love me 'til the day I die. Surrender my everything 'cause you made me believe you're mine. Yeah, you used to call me baby, now you calling me by name. Takes one to know one, yeah. You beat me at my own damn game" sang Christen softly. 

"You know this song?" 

"I'm not that old Tobin, and yes, this is one of my favorite songs out there," she turned around. 

"Really, oh my gosh this is one of my favorite songs too!" 

We started singing along, 

"Youngblood

Say you want me
Say you want me
Back in your lifeSo I'm just a dead man crawling tonight
'Cause I need it, yeah I need it
All of the time
Yeah, ooh ooh ooh!" 

We then started dancing around. We both lost the reasons we were here, but this moment I wanted to last forever. Our hands somehow found each other and we jumped in circles like a couple of maniacs, but who cares? 

We then suddenly just stopped dancing right as the song stopped. I looked at our hands holding each other. My breath hitched in my throat, but quickly made sure she didn't know. "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith came on, and we just started slow dancing. 

This was totally innappropriate and un-professional, but that didn't make me want stop. Her arms went around my shoulds and mine around her torso. She leaned her head on my shoulder and lightly hummed to the song. I knew we shouldn't be doing this, but at the same this was something I was interested in. 

Soon enough, Christen looked at me. We looked into each others' eyes and damn I got lost in her eyes. 

"Um.. I should be going," she cleared her throat. 

"No stay," I said, barely whispering. 

"Tobin, I have to go feed my dog," she giggled. 

I sighed, but had a smile on my face, "okay, I guess that's legit reason," I chuckled. Our arms dropped from one another, and before she walked away, she turned her head and gave a light wave. I waved back, leaning on her car's hood. I gave my million dollar smile. I thought I saw her cheeks blush a little, but not before I she turned the corner and I didn't see her. Soon, I played some hype music and went back to work, replaying our moment over and over again in my head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 192 10
Their love may be hidden from the public, but behind the door... well, that's a different story. A love story between the well known football players...
6.6K 159 17
"I didn't know what had happened to me, but ever since the night before, I hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. The thought of our hands touc...
196K 2.8K 24
Word Count: 36,850. "Nothing in the world is quite as good as lying down in dewy grass, nighttime at long last after a day of walking absolutely now...
27.5K 416 30
Tobin and Christen Both have feelings for each other what happens when they admit they have feelings for each other.(This first takes place during 20...