Haunted

By hemmosunshine

The second I spotted her in the back of the classroom I knew there was something special about her. Little d... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77

Chapter 37

5.5K 289 121
By hemmosunshine

Songs for this chapter

Best Mistake - Ariana Grande ft. Big Sean

Too Late - 5 Seconds Of Summer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luke!", Ariana shrieks as Ryan stumbles backwards.

"What's your problem you fucking prick?!", he yells and gets ready to hit back but Ariana steps between us.

"Don't touch him, Ryan", she warns and he furiously gestures in my direction while yelling, "Don't touch him?! He probably just broke my nose for no reason!"

"I did have a reason", I spit.

"He did have a reason", Ariana says at the same time.

We look at each other confused for a second, then we try to stop ourselves from laughing.

"You hurt me." Ariana's trying to stay serious but she can't hide the grin on her face. "Couldn't have been that bad if you're already laughing again!", Ryan screams.

"Don't scream at her like that", I say and he looks at me. "I let go of her as soon as she said it hurt, you had no reason to do that!", he says, now calm.

"That's no apology", I tell him and he furrows his eyebrows while trying to wipe away the blood.

"What are you doing here anyway?", he asks angrily. "Don't you trust your girlfriend?"

"I was just hanging out with my friends", I lie and point at the group of guys. "Sure", he rolls his eyes.

"Think about my words", he says to Ariana before he leaves.

"They're not your friends!", Ariana giggles as soon as he's gone. "Why do you think so?", I ask and she laughs. "They're not even attending our school!"

Oh, shit.

"Okay, I admit it, I was watching you guys", I mumble and she raises her eyebrows. "Why?"

"He's an idiot", I reply and she nods. "True."

"Which words?", I suddenly ask and she looks at me confused. "He said 'think about my words'", I explain and she sighs.

"I don't think you wanna know", she mumbles. What?

"Tell me!" "He just said a few mean things about you and said he's better than you.. he wants me to come back but I won't!", she assures me. Mean things?

"What did he say about me?" "Not telling you. I want to have a good night now", she says and drags me with her into the house. What could he possibly have said about me?

***

"Ariana! Oh my god, Ariana! Wait!"

Me and Ariana turn around, just to see Carly tripping over her own feet. "Are you really talking?", she asks excitedly.

"Would you stop acting like I'm a monkey with three eyes and five arms?", Ariana laughs as Carly stares at her.

"You are talking!", Carly starts clapping and jumps up and down like a little kid. "Thank god!", she smiles and pulls Ariana into a hug.

"Not for long anymore though if you keep hugging me that tight, I can't breathe", Ariana gasps and I laugh.

"Don't laugh Hemmings, you're next", Carly winks and I quickly take a few steps back, raising my hands in defeat. "Please not", I beg and grin.

"Then Ariana's gonna do that job for me later", Carly winks and grabs Ariana's hand. "C'mon, we haven't been hanging out for ages, let's have some fun", she says and pulls Ariana with her.

"Yeah, I'm alright, just leave me here", I yell after them and they both turn around grinning before leaving into the kitchen.

I grab a drink and look around, I don't spot anyone I know. Great.

A few minutes later I see a girl coming closer.

"Luke?", Jessie asks unsure. "What do you want?", I groan as I bring the red cup to my lips.

"Look, I'm drinking, you happy?", I ask and roll my eyes. "About that..", she begins and shifts uncomfortably on her feet. "I'm sorry."

Oh, you better be.

"I know I was being a total bitch but I was really drunk..", she tells me and sighs. "Please don't hate me", she begs and I raise my eyebrows.

"Haven't you had anything to drink yet or why are you being nice?", I ask and she frowns. "You know me, I'm not like that usually", she tells me. It's true, she always seemed nice..

"Well then.. Friends?", I ask and she smiles. "Friends", she replies happily and gives me a quick hug.

As soon as she's gone I walk into the living room and look for someone I know. "Luke!", Ariana shouts and waves at me.

She's standing next to a black haired guy who has his arm around his blonde girlfriend's waist. I make my way over to them and they smile at me.

"Hey, I'm Alex and this is Sarah", the boy says. "I'm Luke", I reply and smile.

"We were just talking about you", Ariana tells me as I pull her closer. "Oh yeah?", I question and they nod.

"But as far as I know you're the only thing she talks about since she started talking again anyway", Sarah grins while her boyfriend lights a cigarette.

I smirk at Ariana but she doesn't seem happy or amused at all. "I.. I'll be right back", she says before she leaves the room.

"Did I do anything wrong?", Sarah asks but I don't have an answer for her. What was that?!

"I have no clue", I say confused before I cough. Damn smoke.

"I'll try to find her", I tell Sarah and Alex and leave them behind. How many more times am I going to have to look for Ariana tonight?

A few seconds later I notice her leaning against a wall in the hallway. Why is she so pale?

"Ariana?", I ask and she looks up. "Sorry, Luke", she mumbles. "I got sick."

"Why?", I ask concerned and she hesitates before she shrugs. "Tell me", I beg and she looks away. "I don't know", she replies and I sigh.

"Okay", I mumble and hug her. "Let's go home", I say and she nods.

I take her hand and carefully drag her with me, making sure she doesn't trip in those heels.

"I'll look for someone to drive us home", I tell her as she sits down on the stairs in front of Calum's house. She nods and I leave.

I don't really know anyone who can drive, only Josh but he's drunk as fuck.

"Calum!", I shout as I spot him walking into the kitchen. He turns around and smiles. "What's up?", he ask.

"Do you know anyone who can drive me and Ariana home?", I ask and he raises am eyebrow. "Already?", he groans. "You're always leaving way too soon."

"She's sick", I explain. "Oh, I hope she feels better soon!", he says and looks around. "I'll find you someone. Wait for me outside."

With those words he leaves. I walk back to Ariana and find her nervously biting on her nails.

"What's wrong, princess?", I ask and sit down next to her. "I'm really not feeling well", she sighs. The question is just why.

"Luke, I found someone!", I hear Calum yell. "Here comes our taxi", I smile at Ariana and stand up.

I turn around and stare at the last person I expected to see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :)

Another Cliffhanger yay

Any ideas who Calum brought along? Comment ;)

I hope the story doesn't get boring and I'm glad you're all still reading, you're seriously the best!

70 comments and 70 votes till the next chapter is up :)

Bye xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537 55 25
How could this have happened? Why him? Why her? Did they even deserve this? Would their lives ever be the same?
3K 187 23
Luke knew he had messed up. The moment he walked out that door, it was done. He had lost the girl of his dreams, the love of his life, all so he coul...
7.3M 21.3K 20
5sos preferences. caution: may cause major feels
74 0 20
No description. Read to find out...