๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐ž...

By NigeriannPrincess

Meet Dahlia Brown, 26 years old beautiful, intelligent, independent, and a hard-working Young lady who finall... More

โMain characters โ
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
A|N๐Ÿ–ค
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.

Chapter 1.

371 31 8
By NigeriannPrincess

🥀🥀

🥀Dahlia POV🥀

𝓦orking through the main door of my childhood home I screamed "Dad? I'm back " but no replies.
  I wonder why, he's probably at work. I was planning to surprise him, and since he rarely goes to his office at the company since last year I was convinced that my plan would be a success. Well, guess something came up because he only goes when he's needed or an important meeting is taking place.

Working through the house,  I see one of the house help running towards me, "Excuse me Miss but who are you and how can I help you ?" I smiled at her ' she must be new ' I thought to myself

"Hi, I'm Dahlia. Dahlia Brown to be exact,  my dad is not around right?" I asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, but yes, Sir went to his office today for an important meeting, He didn't mention that you would be coming back," she explained

'Just as I thought ' i said to myself. "Yeah it was supposed to be a surprise,  he didn't know which day I was coming back, and thanks for the info," I responded walking around the house, I inhaled the scents of it to remind me how much I missed this place.

"I'm kinda hungry, is there any food at the moment?"

" Yeah, we made Salmon Pasta for lunch. Would you like some?"

"Definitely, What's your name ?" I smiled at her

"Lilly, I'm sorry how rude of me for not presenting myself "

"Lily! Nice name, and no I should have asked you earlier. Also, don't apologize when you did nothing wrong." she nods and proceeds to the kitchen to prepare my lunch while I went to the dining table.

I had a very long flight but finally, I'm back home after 6 years of studying and working overseas. I did such an amazing job in the early stage of my career and then built my own company here in my home city.

But the main reason why I came back is for him I can't wait to see him, I couldn't stop thinking about him throughout my flight and on my way here. The love of my life, Dimitri, I missed him so much that's why I decided to finally come back but not before making him and myself proud like he always says. After lunch, I will visit him at his parent's home. Hope they still live there.

He'll be so surprised to see me, I'm already excited about it. He's probably still angry at me for not telling him that I was leaving for abroad but I didn't get the chance to tell any of my friends either but of course, Dimitri is more important to me than any of them. I hope he understands and forgives me, also he has some explanations to do for not replying to my emails. 

𝓐fter eating, I went upstairs to my room for the first time in 6 years and it's still the same, it remained untouched. After picking out my clothes from my luggage, I rush to the bathroom for a quick shower. Call me a weirdo but I feel like I smell terribly after a long flight like it's been an eternity since I last took a shower.

Once done I did all my routine and put on my slim jeans, a blouse with heels. Undoing my other luggage I pull out my make-up bag to do my make-up 'thank God nothing happened to my palettes considering the way they throw people's luggage as if they bought it and paid for your flight. After doing my usual simple makeup look and spritzing one of my favorite perfumes from Cartier, I check myself out for the last time, satisfied with my look I grab my bag and head downstairs to see Lily.

"Lily I'm going out if my dad comes back before me please tell him that I went to see a friend and that I will be back maybe during the evening, see you then ."

"Yes, madame " she answered back

"Please call me Dahlia " she nods

"See you later," I said and exit by the front door to see Silas the gatekeeper that helped me earlier with my luggage I say thanks to him again and reached for one of the cars in the compound and start the engine.

𝓣hroughout the driving to his place I was having a strange feeling, it's like something is going to happen and I keep seeing Black Raven which to me is a sign of bad news or luck. I sigh, 'you think too much I said to myself.

Arriving at the front of Dimitri's entrance, I started to feel nervous but yet excited. I normally feel this way when I present my designs to a client. I ring the gate bell for a while until a young lady opened the gate for me. 'she Probably their new maid cause I haven't seen her face before' I thought.

"Hi, my name is Dahila and I'm looking for Dimitri " but she looked at me confused.

"Wrong address no Dimitri lives here, in fact, no Dimitri lives in this street, " she said

"Sorry but I think you must be mistaken,  I'm looking for Dimitri Westwood. His family lives here, they own this house."

"Well not anymore obviously because we're now the owner of this house "

"I'm sorry but that can't be possible, I mean I use to come here 6 years ago and I remember very well that his father owns this place "

"That was before my lady, we're now the new owner " 'what? that can't possibly be' my inner voice thought.

"Ok, but do you have an idea of where they moved to? "

"Well I don't know if they left but if the Dimitri you are talking about is the one from The Golden Electronics then I heard that the whole family passed away, but then again it can just be rumors. You know people like to talk without proves "  she gave me a sad smile, which for some reason I did in return. I was speechless after what she said, tears started to form around my eyes threatening to slide down my cheeks 'Dahlia calm down its just rumors' I said to assure myself

"Sorry, miss but I can't help you any further, I honestly don't know much about the family apart from what I told you. " I was still standing in front of the entrance when she closed it on me.

So how was it? Did you like it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...
39 0 25
Dahlia Miller has her life planned out. Graduate high school, go to Stanford, have a family. She has it down to the colour of her house. But all tha...
52.8K 1.1K 56
After getting her life turned upside down, Hailey Lewis moves to Blossom Beach to live with her uncle and cousin. While trying to work through her pa...
9.5M 457K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...