The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 31: Locks
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 32: Riders

23.8K 1.8K 1.5K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Brave men do not kill dragons, brave men ride them."
            -Anonymous

"I swear when I get out of here, I'm going to murder you, Jungkook."

You grunted in frustration as you pulled harshly on the door of your bedroom, you fingers clasping the golden ring that served as a doorknob as you tried to escape.

The coldness if the night air had slowly began to creep over the town, and your bare feet were currently freezing off as you stood on the wooden floor, pulling against the door.

A loud groan of annoyance left your lips as you finally accepted your defeat, sending one last annoyed blow to the wooden door before turning back and pacing the length of your room.

You were mad.

This whole trip all you've heard is how terrible the Great Wall is, and how everyone wants to tear it down to make the Four Kingdoms whole again, but the second you offer to help you're locked in your bedroom like some child!

Your head was throbbing as you plopped down on the edge of your bed, running your hands through your hair as you let out a groan of frustration.

This wasn't fair. You weren't some kind of kid that they could just throw into a corner! You were a grown woman and you had the right to make your own decisions whether they liked it or not.

Your blue eyes slowly rose to scan over your room, searching for anyway to-

A window.

You smiled evilly to yourself, your room was on the first floor of The Great Hall so all you had to do was unlock the latch and climb outside.

You swiftly got yourself dressed, throwing on your large shirt and brown pants, and pulling on your brown boots.

You grabbed your dagger from the wooden nightstand beside your bed, tucking it into the waist band of your pants.

You began to make your way over to the window, the floor creaking from your weight. The window was slightly opened, only being held shut by a tiny metal hook that latched it to the sill.

Your fingers moved to unhook the window, the soft night air slightly blowing your hair back.

"What are you doing?"

You jumped back in shock at the deep voice that filled the room, your blue eyes moving towards your bedroom door.

Hoseok stood staring at you, anger swimming in his tangerine eyes as he watched you, slowly step away from the window.

"I-I was just opening the window for some fresh air."

The sorcerer frowned and closed your bedroom door, stepping closer towards you.

"In your clothes?"

You shrugged nervously.

"I didn't want to get cold."

Your eyes watched as the sorcerer walked toward the window, hooking it back in place, then turning to look back at you.

"You were leaving, weren't you?"

You frowned.

Busted.

Your head nodded, blue eyes falling to the floor.

"Yeah."

Hoseok sighed heavily, walking over to you.

"Y/n, you heard what they said...it's dangerous to tear down the wall."

You rolled your eyes, annoyance beginning to take over you.

" I know. That's all anyone has said since I brought it up."

A frown graced he red-heads lips as he took in your annoyance.

"We are just trying to protect you from yourself. You do not know the risks you'd be taking. If you tore down the wall you would have to-"

"I know." You interrupted. "I would have to die."

Hoseok's eyes widened slightly at your tone, your blue eyes glaring at him with passion.

"If you know the risks then why on earth would you even consider this suicide mission?!" He yelled. "Do you not value your own life?!"

You frowned, taking a step towards him in anger.

"I was sent here for a reason Hoseok." You stated firmly. "I was sent here to help these people."

Hoseok scoffed.

"You can't possibly know that." He said. "For all we know, you being here is an accident."

You stepped closer towards him.

"I refuse to believe that I was sent to this place just to see these people's suffering and go straight home.Ever since I've gotten here I've only been thinking about me, getting me home. But I'm done with thinking about myself. I want to help these people."

You sighed heavily.

"Even if all of this is an accident, even if I was never supposed to come here....I can't just leave, not when I know that I could've made a difference."

Hoseok moves closer to you, his hands coming to rest on your shoulders as he stared at you in the eyes.

"You owe nothing to this land or it's people, it is not your duty to lay down your life for them. It would be foolish of you."

You moved away, your eyes hardening on him.

"I don't need a lecture from a dead guy."

Hoseok sighed as he took in your annoyed state.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

You frowned.

"You stepped infront of a sword and died for me and now you're standing here telling me that I'm not allowed to even lift a finger to help these people."

Hoseok's face softened as he stared at you.

"That was different."

"Why?" You asked sarcastically. "Because you loved me?"

Hoseok bit his lip, his orange gaze being cadges into the wooden floor.

"Y/n-"

"You died." You stated.

Hoseok fell silent, the only sound filling the air was the loud thumping of his heart and he watched you breathe heavily, your eyes grossing over with tears as you stared him down, anger, sadness and passion swimming in the blue ocean of your eyes.

"And I watched you die. I held you in my arms as the life left your body, I cried myself to sleep in the rain because I wouldn't let them take you away from me! Do you have any idea how that affected me?! How that affected everyone?! And then you want to come back and act as though nothing happened, you want everyone to treat you the same, and be all buddy buddy with you, well guess what! Nothing is the same."

Hoseok's head hang low in shame, his orange gaze never once leaving your shaking body as he watched small tears pour from your eyes.

"You didn't even hesitate," You started, "you didn't even think you just gave your life to save mine. You stepped infront of that sword and you saved my life." Your lip began to tremble as you continued to speak. "And now you want to tell me that I am not allowed to do the same, for millions of people, because you are too caught up in your feelings for me to see the bigger picture."

You glared, stepping closer to him.

"So don't you dare preach to me about sacrifice ."

Hoseok's eyes widened at your cold words, his heart sinking as realization dawned on him.

You were right.

"Y/n, I'm sorry." He breathed out. "I didn't want you to mourn for me, I didn't intend to hurt you. I only wanted you to be safe."

You nodded, raising your hand to wipe a few stray tears from your eyes.

"I know. Thank you."

The sorcerer stared at you for a moment, his gaze taking in your puffy eyes and wrinkled shirt.

"There May be a way to tear down the wall....without you dying."

Your eyes snapped up to meet his.

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Before the Great War, dragons were everywhere, some peaceful, and some violent, The Dragon Kingdom was the home place of the dragons, we fed them, we cared for them, and in return, they provided protection from any magical creatures that tried to threaten our livelihood."

You raised your eyebrows.

"You tamed dragons?"

Hoseok shook his head.

"Not exactly...we didn't get near them, we just left them food, and they protected from afar."

You nodded.

"I guess that makes sense... they were like watch dogs."

The sorcerer chuckled and nodded.

"I suppose so."

You smiled, urging him to continue his story.

"As I was saying, no one ever really got close to a dragon....but one day, someone did."

Your eyes widened as he spoke.

"He came from a small tribe of travelers, none of them belonging to any of the Kingdoms, they called themselves Pilgrims, but we called them Riders."

You gasped.

"They rode the dragons?!"

Hoseok nodded.

"They tamed them, and trained them, it's like they had some kind of deep connection with the beasts, but when The Great Wall was built, the Dragons and the Riders, vanished." He sighed. "Some say that they all fled to the mountains, others say that they never even existed, but I remember them clearly,"

He turned and stared into your eyes.

"Each one of them had blue eyes."

A/N,
I'M BACK!!!

Thank you all for reading and supporting me through this book! It's been a long journey and there is still more to come!
~Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 255 16
"You froze my heart like this fucking world" a j.jk short post-apocalyptic story angst warning start: around july 2020 end: 08/06/21
1M 65.8K 64
"You're naked." He nods. "And you came from the sky." He nods. BTS Jimin x Reader He fell from the sky. Now he's your responsibility. Completed. 201...
15.5K 461 37
YN has really had a tough go, breaking up with a no good ex and rediscovering herself. One day she unexpectedly runs into a man that makes her feel a...
1.5K 176 14
{ First place in Solo Jung Hoseok category in ANPANMAN AWARDS } { First place in Solo Jung Hoseok category in BTS 2019 AWARDS } { Second place in Sol...