Meant Alone

By floralpoetry

Ellie Manixa is a 19 year old girl, fresh out of high school. She is super sweet and so innocent contrary to... More

C a s t
P r e f a c e
3 6 h o u r s
2 6 h o u r s
I n T h e N e x t 6 H o u r s
T h e E v e n t
D i n n e r
O v e r d r i v e
M y h o u s e
I n v a s i o n

D o w n h i l l

3 1 0
By floralpoetry

Ellie:

"Well dear, don't just say such a broad statement and not continue." Mrs.Rutherford asks of me

"Ok well, there's like a slight, little, tiny, eenie beenie chance that she may have taken a file from your desk and plotted to complete it without your knowledge to prove to you she could do what's you told her she couldn't, which is wrong by the way. You should never tell someone they can't do something because they're a girl and-" i ramble before someone stops me.

"Elizabeth. Tell us what happened" Kingsley tells me

"Ok well, after we met, we talked for like an hour and finally she told me about how she tried to ask her brother for an assignment but he denied her and her past with asking you so she said she asked someone she's involved with on your team if they could help her get one and they did and it was tonight." i finally get out trying to catch my breath.

"Did she say who?" Mr. Rutherford asks

"It's not the time dear. Did she say what the assignment was honey?" she cuts him off

"She didn't go into much detail but the main idea was that she was going to meet with someone to set an order of some sort of shipment. She didn't say much" i pause "I'm so sorry"

"Not the time. We need to split up. I'll take your mother and you'll go with her. Gabby, stay with Elizabeth's parents." Mr.Rutherford suggests.

"You really want me to go with her?" their son stops

"This is really not the time Xander, your sister is missing!" she raises her voice

"It's her own bloody fault" he mumbles

"Go now, son" he dad growls out

We walk towards the back hall as fast as i could with heels on "Ive already checked all the rooms that are always empty" he's leading now

"You're an idiot, you know that?" he laughs

"Excuse me?" i stop

"I said you're an idiot! Are you deaf too?" he turns to face me

"I heard what you said i just didn't believe you said it." i whisper

"You know she had this plan but you still let her go along with it." he grits through his teeth.

"I warned her against it and she told me i was right. I thought she was going over to you guys to get your picture" i explain

"You didn't pay attention to where she went? I swear this is why you guys can't do this job" he thinks out loud

"I'm sorry?" i can't even believe he's saying all this. This guy repulses me to no end. I hate people like this. "What do you mean 'you guys'"

"Oh don't get your panties in a wad." he rolls his eyes

"You're impossible." i scoff

"I'm impossible? You're-" he began to yell before he's cut off

"Daddy told me to come tell you they found Leah" Gabby's small voice says

I don't think i could've taken another second with this guy. Ew. 

I began to walk back with them until Xander stops me "You've done enough alright? Go back to your family" his voice is soft but it's obvious in his face that he's angry. I reluctantly comply and shake my head and i go back over to my dad.

"What happened?" Alina asks as soon as i arrive

"It's a long story that i'd rather not get into." i smile.

"Ok baby. What do you wanna do?" he vaguely asks

"Can we go home?" my voice goes quiet as i turn away and a tear rolls down my cheek

I walk towards the door until i was piled back by my arm.

"Hey, i'm so sorry about everything." Leah says desperately

"Oh no. You don't have to apologize. Really."

"I just feel really bad and i didn't mean for all this to happen. I just don't want you to hate me." she looks to the floor

"Leah, i don't hate you. I just have to go, alright?" i turn away.

¥¥¥

we got back home around 11:30pm and me and maddison went straight to bed.

I laid next to her for about an hour before i couldn't fall asleep, so i walked tot he kitchen to find a midnight snack. I search in the fridge and pull out some pineapple and watermelon and begin to munch.

It's not too long after that Alina walks in wrapped in her white silk robe and naturally waved hair.

She circles the counter and arrives to the stove then turns to the sink, filling the kettle with water.

"Tea?" she asks and i nod.

I put my fork down and set my hands in my lap. She puts the kettle on the stove and stands across the island from me.

"What's going on, baby?" she places her head in her palm as her elbow rests on the countertop.

"It's stupid really." she places one of my favorite mug in front of me and places a tea bag in it.

"If it's bothering you, it's not stupid, dear."

She pours the boiling water into both our mugs and places the kettle back.

I grab my mug and finally speak up "Someone told me something today, and it made me think."

"what'd they tell you?" she sips

"That 'we' weren't cut out for this job, referring to me and Leah. Like we chose to do this." i shake my head

"Baby, you cant let people's words get to you so much. You shouldn't let anyone tell what you can and can't do. That's for you to decide." she paused to round the island to wipe my tear away. "What you did today, wasn't the best idea, but that doesn't define you as a whole. You were given this life because you are capable of handling it." i place my head on her shoulder.

"I feel awful. Their daughter could've been hurt because of me." i sniffle

She comforts me for another ten minutes before she speaks again.

"How about me and your dad plan a dinner for tonight with the Rutherford's as a formal apology?" she asks

"I don't know if that's the best idea. They probably hate me. I know their son does."

"They don't hate you honey. They were simply worried about their daughter, as anyone would be. Me and your dad would have a heart attack if we found out anything happened to you." she holds her chest dramatically.

We both finish our tea and she wraps her arms around me into a secure hug before grabbing the mugs.

"Get some rest, alright? Breakfast can be delayed an hour or two today." she smiles placing the mugs to the sink.

I head towards the steps and i put on foot on the first step then i turn back around. "Thank you Lina."

"Anytime." she replies with a smile

"I love you" she whips her head to face me and her smile widens.

"Uhm- i- I love you too, baby"

¥¥¥

Instead of going into my room, i took the guest room to be more comfortable.

I snuggle into the cotton duvet and soon, the darkness envelops me and i succumb to sleep.

A/N: yayyyy. Met Xander did we?? I hope you didn't mind the mini, sappy, step mommy scene i threw in. I thought it was cute. Anyways, this chapter was around the normal word count. & if it wasn't clear, that was the first time Ellie told Lina she loved her. Big softie here. lol. hope you enjoyed. see you soon.

Stay Beautiful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 466 51
After Elizabeth Ronnie Swan watches her mother sacrifice herself for the safety of her five year old daughter, Ellie suddenly finds herself being car...
3K 158 25
[COMPLETED] Elizabeth, aka Ellie, is what most would describe as a "normal" girl. She has a family, she has friends, and even some enemies, and she g...
125 14 14
Xander "King" Royal is a levelheaded loner living in Georgia. He was the VP of one of the most Notorious MCs called the Smoking Aces until he decided...
1.5K 99 11
¡Currently on hold! *This story involves many events that some people may find vulgar. These events are not based on a true story. The characters and...