Text Me Back

By YanitaCalmdown

"Hi, it's me again. The pathetic guy who just got dumped, if that jogs your memory. If talking is still on th... More

Authors Note & Longer Synopsis
Prologue
1. First Conversation
2. My Name Is...
3. Becoming Friends
4. The Test & The Deal
5. Everything Has Changed
6. Making It Right
7. A Step In The Right Direction
8. First Phone Call
9. Jealousy Amongst Friends
10. Small Confessions
11. Ready To Meet
12. First Meeting
13. Hidden Emotions
14. Nothing To Read Into...
15. Celebration Plans
16. The Admission
17. Finally
19. What's The Deal Between You Two?
20. I'm Just Going To Say It...
21. No Response
22. Ignoring You
23. Space
24. Favor for a Friend
25. Is All Well?
26. Big Mistake
27. Fading
28. See You Soon
29. One Single Text
Update!

18. Friendship As Usual

3.3K 185 3
By YanitaCalmdown

Hey Eric! How are you? It's been a few days...

Greetings from Glendale! I'm visiting my parents and staying for the whole weekend.

I'm wowing you with my food pictures today.

Wowing me indeed, that looks amazing.

Is that your mother's doing?

...That and the five other pies waiting to me devoured by me.

What are you up to? It's been a few days...

I'm working on my documentary with Adam; I'm on my way home from his dorm.

We're organizing a small viewing party for it in a week, it would mean a lot to me if you could be there.

Of course I will Florence!

I'd be there with bells on if you'd wanted me to.

Dressed as a cheerleader? It's a deal!

No deal...

Oh yes Eric, it's a deal.

Short skirt, crop top, pom poms and high kicks...you can bring bells too.

Something tells me that would look much better on you than on me :)

Maybe you'll see it someday...if you're nice.

Now tell me more about what you're doing at your parents?

It's my niece Skye's birthday today so we're celebrating at my parent's house.

Even my little sister Anna is home from England for the occasion.

Wow that's a long way to fly. What an amazing sister!

It's not all rainbows and roses with Anna, though. You have no idea how much it took to get her here.

What is she doing in England, if you don't mind me asking?

She took a gap year, now two, from college to spend some time in England and work on her music. My sister Claire thinks she should come home now but Anna is stubborn.

I like her already! :)

I told my sister about you....

Please tell me you didn't use my 'nickname'.

I didn't but thank you for reminding me, she'll get a kick out of that!

Oh no...what have I done.

Go on; what did she have to say about the strange girl you're talking to?

Don't worry I didn't tell her the disgusting way you eat your snacks!

But she says she likes you.

Hey I eat snacks normally!

Tell your sister she sounds like a great person and tell you niece I wished her a happy birthday, okay?

I will, FloMo!

I'll call you later tonight.

*

"Hey stupid,"

"Stupid? That's how you two talk to each other?"

Florence frowned when she heard a female voice on the other end, despite Eric's name showing on the display.

"Uh..."

"I should've probably told you this before; I'm Eric's sister Anna."

"Oh yes Anna, hi!"

"So he's told you about me?"

"Of course he has; you're the talented musician that lives in England..."

"He said I'm talented?" Anna said hopefully.

"It was implied, I added the talented, you'd have to be in order to make such big commitment, right?"

"Yeah totally, it's actually been pretty hard over there. But I work in this cool record shop so it's alright."

"That sounds like fun, I wish I'd been as brave as you had and left The States before college."

"Are you in college? Eric didn't tell us that..." Anna said confusingly.

"Yeah I'm a senior at UCLA; I study film, television and digital media." Florence explained.

"Oh my God that's awesome! If you ever need someone to score your movies, or whatever, I'm your girl."

"Well actually; I might have an opportunity for you. My classmate Adam and I are making a documentary as an assignments, It'd be cool to have some original music to go with it. We can feature your name at the end and of course we'd pay for—"

"Are you serious? If you are than you're my new best friend and favorite person in the world! I totally understand why Eric—"the call was suddenly cut off.

"Hello? Anna?" Florence tried, but got no reply.

*

"Hello?"

"What did Anna say to you?" A stressed Eric asked.

"Oh so she did steal your phone, I thought so...and don't worry we had a nice little chat."

"That's what I'm worried about; what did she say?"

"Eric calmed down, we talked about England and we decided she's going to do the score for Adam's and my documentary."

"Y-you did that for her? What did she say?" Eric barely whispered.

"She told me I was her favorite person ever, didn't get to hear much else because the phone call was cut short; by you I'm guessing."

"Wow Florence, thank you for doing that for her. Like I told you; my sister Claire has been giving her a hard time about living in England and this would help Anna to gain some favor with her."

"Even though that's not why I did it I'm happy to help with that also. Hey, give Anna my number so she can call me back."

"I'm not sure I trust her with your phone number..."

"I trust you with it, don't I?" She laughed.

"Alright I'll give it to her, but don't talk about me...because I'll know."

"Girl talk is sacred Eric; I can't tell you what we talk about. But I'll try to keep the topic of Eric Richman out of our conversation."

Erick breathed a sigh of relief, "—and please don't replace me as your friend because of Anna." He joked.

"Is that Florence on the phone?" A voice could be heard in the background.

"Was that Anna?" Florence asked.

"No, it's my sister Claire—stop it—she's trying to get to the phone—I said stop!"

"I didn't know I was so popular." Florence joked.

"Tell her that she should come up here and join us if she can. Everyone wants to meet her!"

"—and I have my guitar here so we can work on the score for her documentary."

"Did you catch that?" Eric asked.

"I certainly did..."

"So, what do you say? Can I tempt you with a trip to Glendale?" Eric asked hopefully.

A few moments of silence was then broken by Florence sweet laugh.

"Alright silly, tell your family I'll accept the invitation."

"Great, I'll text you the address as soon as we hang up. Thank you so much for this, we're all glad you're coming." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 19K 190
"You're mine now." ©Ethanscupido This is my original idea please don't steal!⚠️
233K 5K 40
I was on my phone texting my friend back when I run into someone who seems to be in a rush. He knocks me down and then turns around quickly with wid...
184 4 17
"The whole thing sounds like something from a soap opera. Your mom bringing in some stranger to live with you, getting involved with your soccer coac...
7.1K 512 17
Top Rankings- #3 in Beststoryever #10 in romance #5 in friendstolovers ...