The Falling Rain (Lord Of The...

By Musical_Lady_7

"Life was normal..... and then the rain fell" Avengers Felina Niter and Lou Stark get transported into the wo... More

Preface
FELINA I
FELINA II
LOU I
LOU II
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38

3

636 22 2
By Musical_Lady_7

1 year later

The sunlight shone up and down the peaceful and green hills of the Shire. The sky was blue and the clouds rolled by like pieces of white cotton candy. The birds chirped a marvelous and happy song. The wind blew a cool and gentle breeze in this early morn. You could smell in the fresh air, the flowers that have come to bloom. There were cheerful banter of hobbit children, running around. Hobbits went on with their normal daily lives. Smiling and greeting their neighbors. Buying ingredients of many in the market for their needed seven meals a day. It was a very quiet and peaceful village. Immune and innocent to dangers of the outside world. It was a paradise. A hidden jewel and haven in the corners of Middle Earth.

There was a constant clip clop of the horse as Gandalf, Felina, and Lou rode down the cobble stone road in their little and humble carriage. A few Hobbits stopped and gave them queer looks. They were sticking out like a sore thumb. Not only because of their height, their tall stature towering over the mere 4 foot Hobbits. But also because of the reputation they hold in the Shire. Felina and Lou were wildly known as the ones from a strange and different world that have been magically sent to the Middle Earth since a year ago, the news spread fast as wildfire. And Gandalf's reputation was, well, it wasn't really that glamorous.

Felina sighed at the serenity and peacefulness of the atmosphere with content. She deeply appreciated the difference of it in comparison to the noisy traffic back at their world. She leaned back in her seat and basked in the sunlight. "Thank Valar. After decades of noise in our world I can finally find a bit of peacefulness here" she said, satisfaction in her voice.

Lou turned to her best friend and smiled. "Yeah well, almost a year here and this silence still takes me a lot of getting used to. I'm unfortunately more accustomed to the city noise. I still find all this silence compared to the noise in our world very strange"

Gandalf gave a short huff and turned to the two girls to his left. "I cannot imagine a world with so much noise. What kind of unnecessary noises do you have to make all the time?" He said.

Felina gave a shrug. "It's quite complicated to explain mellon. There are many inventions in our world that make a lot of noise when they are used and there are a good number of people who unlike the majority, work at night so the movements in the streets seems to continue day and night"

Beside Felina, Lou sighed deeply. There was a look of reminiscing on her face. It was a far off look as she gazed up to the sky. "Well noisy or not" Lou says "It was home. And I miss it"

Felina gave a sad smile to her companion and pat her back. After that no words were uttered and they continued on in silence. It's been a year since they've been away from home and their friends. They wondered if everyone was looking for them and thought they were dead or kidnapped by HYDRA.

Just then, they spot a familiar face in a nearby tree. There he sat down, with his dark curls and all leaning against the trunk with his legs crossed in relaxation. They recognized him as Frodo Baggins. Bilbo's nephew. The hobbit disregarded his book and approached them. He made himself appear to be displeased at them though they know he was doing it jokingly, crossing his arms and saying "You're late"

Gandalf huffed playing along and replied "Felina and Lou may be but I am not. A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to"

Felina and Lou share a look and rolled their eyes at what seemed to them a usual and sloppy excuse Gandalf used for being late and his way of saying, "I arrive when I want. BOI"

Gandalf and Frodo gazed at each other with a serious monotone look on their face for a few moments. Frodo was still crossing his arms and Gandalf scrunched his bushy eyebrows together and held his lips in a straight lines. That was when both of their frowning faces twitched and soon formed a smile as they shared a jolly good laugh like old friends. Felina and Lou chuckled along shaking their heads.

Frodo jumped and threw himself into the carriage shaking it a little and creating a small thump. He wrapped his tiny arms around the bigger wizard. Gandalf chuckled in surprise. "It's wonderful to see you Gandalf!" The hobbit exclaimed. They broke the hug and Gandalf said "You didn't think we'd miss your Uncle Bilbo's Birthday did you?"

Frodo turned to greet the two women with a hug. "It's great to see you two once again. I missed you Lady Felina and Lady Lou"

The two returned the hug and Lou scoffed shaking her head saying, "Frodo, how many times do I have to tell you, it's just Felina and Lou. Drop the lady please it makes me feel old"

Frodo gave a small laugh sitting between the two saying "Well alright, Felina and Lou"

They continued on their way through the dirt roads of the Shire.

"So how's the old rascal? I hear it is to be a party of magnificence" Gandalf said.

"Well you know Bilbo" Frodo replied "He's got the whole place in an uproar"

"Well that should please him" Gandalf said with a huff.

"Half the Shire's been invited! And the rest are turning up anyway" That caused quite a laugh. They passed along a field of yellow golden flowers. Felina beamed at such beautiful nature gazing at them with her steely silver eyes. Her gaze landed upon a young hobbit boy (about 7 or 8 in human age) who stared at her pointed ears in awe. The Hobbits had somehow always looked up to Elves. And although Felina was only half elf which had been explained to her since arriving in Middle Earth, the pointy ears and long golden hair seemed to be enough.

Felina smiled sweetly at him and used her powers of telekinesis to make the wind blow at him and remove a few flower petals in order to form a golden petal butterfly. It swerved elegantly through the wind and landed on the young Hobbit's nose making him cross his eyes to look at it and soon sneeze. When Felina saw this she burst out in laughter and waved goodbye to the boy as they soon faded away from view. Lou witnessed the whole thing and playfully rolled her eyes at her best friend. "Always the charmer ain't ya?" She teased. Felina just playfully rolled her eyes back. Frodo also heard and saw the whole thing and laughed.

"Anyway, about Bilbo" Frodo continued "he's been a bit odd lately"

"Hasn't he always been odd according to Hobbit standard?" Lou cut in.

Frodo shrugged and replied "He's been a bit odder than usual. He's taken to locking himself in his study. He spends hours and hours pouring over old maps when he thinks I'm not looking. He's up to something"

Gandalf, Lou and Felina gaze queerly at Frodo then share a look. When they saw that Frodo noticed this they looked around trying to act nonchalant. Frodo smiled at them and said "Alright keep your secrets"

"Huh?" Gandalf says trying to act nonchalant.

"But I know you Gandalf have something to do with it" Frodo says suspiciously.

"Oh gracious me" Gandalf muttered.

"Before you came along we Bagginses were well thought of"

"Indeed?"

"Never went on any adventures or did anything unexpected"

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon..."

"Which he clearly is" Lou cut off only to be elbowed on the ribs by Felina for interrupting Gandalf in the middle of a sentence. Gandalf payed no heed to this and continued to speak.

"I was barely involved. All I did was give your Uncle a little nudge out the door"

"Whatever you did, you've been officially labeled a disturber of peace"

To that, Gandalf just inaudibly muttered. As they passed by a pond and green valleys, out of nowhere a child just shouted, "Gandalf! Gandalf! Fireworks! Fireworks!"

Soon children were gathered behind the carriage chasing after them shouting for fireworks. They were a little bit away and the kids stopped chasing after them muttering, disappointed at the lack of fireworks. But before they knew it, fireworks flew off from the carriage and exploded in many wonderful colors. The children squealed happily clapping in joy. Felina and Lou smiled seeing this.

Soon Frodo got off the carriage. "Gandalf, Felina, Lou. I'm glad you're back"

"So am I dear boy. So am I" Gandalf said.

Felina waved to him. "Good to see you again Frodo"

"See you around!" Lou shouted after him as he disappeared from view. They went up and down sunny green hills, through fields and flowers, and through queer looks given to them and finally arrived in the humble Hobbit hole. Bag End. There in all of its glory with the round green door and all. That was probably painted a week ago.

In front was a big sign saying "NO ADMITTANCE EXCEPT ON PARTY BUISNESS"

They passed through the fence and Gandalf knocked on the door three times with his wizard staff. Then there was a distant call from inside. "No thank you! We don't want anymore visitors, well wishers, or distant relations!"

They figured distant relations meant Sackville-Bagginses. What serious pains in the butt those people were.

"And what about very old friends?"

And so the door was opened.

They sat down in Bilbo's living room and sipped some wonderful tea together. Felina and Lou stayed silent mostly and listened to Gandalf and Bilbo catch up. A Sackville-Baggins came by earlier and everyone seemed so annoyed by that most especially Bilbo. Felina and Lou were mere listeners of the conversation until the conversation was turned to them.

Bilbo shifted in his chair and turned to them. "Oh yes! I almost forgot to tell you! There's someone who would be very pleased to see you two. She's coming soon" he told them excitedly.

Felina and Lou shared a look. They thought "Who could it be?"

Lou voiced their confusion. "Who is she Bilbo?"

The hobbit didn't answer. Instead he took a sip of his tea with a small mischievous smile and a twinkle in his eyes. With a secretive smirk he shook his head at the girls and whispered. "It's a secret"

Bilbo and Gandalf then shared a secretive smile which started to agitate the two girls. Felina raised an eyebrow at them saying "You know I could just read your minds and know who it is right?"

Bilbo playfully scowled. "Now my dear Felina, don't be such a spoiler and have thrill in the mystery"

Felina smiled and gave in. She sighs in fake exasperation and throws her hands up. "Oh alright then!" She says.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Bilbo and Gandalf's smiles of secrecy widened.

"They're here!" Bilbo excitedly exclaimed hastily putting down his cup and saucer on the table with it trembling slightly at impact. He rushes to answer the door with Gandalf, Felina, and Lou following closely behind him ducking carefully as to not hit anything or not hit their heads on the extremely low ceiling for them.

Bilbo, with his nimble and quick feet despite old age got there first. Bilbo immediately beamed and enthusiastically went to the door. Bilbo opened the door to...... Dwarves! And he was hugging a short woman. Presumably also a dwarf. But it wasn't until Felina and Lou saw this woman's face that they burst into sudden tears. Felina and Lou share a look of shock. It couldn't be. Could it? It can't be her. Their stomachs dropped in disbelief and a wave of nausea and anxiety suddenly washed over them.

It was an old friend. They didn't think they'd see her again. They got into a bad fight before they were sent into a different dimension. They never thought they would see her again. But here she was. Years older than she was when they last saw her, dressed in royal dwarven clothes and clad in jewelry women in their world would kill for. She was older but her dark brown hair with a few streaks of grey hair in it now and chocolate brown eyes still remained as gorgeous as ever. She still had her plump red lips and brown sun kissed skin. Their very own Latina friend. They gasped loudly as tears fell to the floor like early morning dew drops.

Their tongue was stuck and they couldn't find the words to say. Until Lou took a big gulp and stuttered out. "D-Dia?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 3.1K 54
Arya Lorawynn is the human child Eragon Bromsson had found centuries ago on the island in which he had been raising the dragon eggs when she had wash...
84.2K 4.1K 26
"You make no sense, lass. You look like an Elf, talk like a Man, eat like a Hobbit, curse like a Dwarf, and sleep like the Dead." Every Tolkien fan h...
10.4K 451 15
in which the witch of the wilds has spent her whole life avoiding the prophecised true king of gondor until he shows up on her doorstep with four hob...
5.8K 166 22
Continuing on with the 2nd Part of the Journey of Middle Earth. When a Cosmic and Strange Event happens right out of nowhere and sends the Stark Chil...