Spookerella | Horror Short St...

By SkullantacySmith

- Created for the Halloween Vault contests hosted by Wattpad - On Halloween, things always go bump in the nig... More

| Spookerella |
| Author's Note |
ACT 1 | Halloween 2018
1 | Dead End
2 | You Have (1) New Message
3 | The Ouija Board
4 | Dripping Blood
5 | Haunted Eyes - A Poem
6 | The Dark, Desolate Road
7 | Moonlight Filters
8 | Poor Unfortunate Souls
9 | Haunted House
11 | Trick or Treating
12 | The Darkness of the Pet
13 | Clockwork Hunt
14 | Land of Darkness and Crimson
15 | Mystery Date at the Masquerade Ball
16 | Howl of the Night Creatures
ACT 2 | Halloween 2020
1 | Off The Record
2 | The Twisted Beginnings of Gothel
3 | The Lock On The Floor
4 | Beyond Plynth
5 | Scream of the Banshee
6 | Their Stories Untold
7 | The Final Trial
8 | The Land of the Cursed
9 | The Abandoned Outpost
10 | The Shadow Monster
11 | The Town that Halloween Remembered
12 | The Demon's Crime
13 | The Potion Shop
14 | The Humiliation of Hermes
15 | The Apprentice
16 | The Flickering Street Lights
| Authors Note |

10 | The Witch's Bite

33 2 5
By SkullantacySmith

The sound of my brothers' howls echoed across the woods where torches followed them, the orange glow with flashes of silver hurrying to catch the prey of the people I cared about most whilst I was on the hunt for the witch.

On four paws – how strange since it isn't a full moon – I galloped across the estate of my father who was probably waiting anxiously for our return. Of course, he knew the secret. He protected us from prejudice and the hunt. Yet, tonight the secret has been breached. I will fix that, as soon as I find where the witch is hiding.

I sniffed the air for the scent of that wretched witch. I found a trace of her disgusting odour and followed it reluctantly. I must remember that I have a mission.

Not only was my life at stake here, but also those of my brothers who were currently a distraction, so I could go on this hunt. Hopefully she can spare some pity on us. After all, we never chose to be this way.

Running over the hill top, I came very close to the hunters who were all talking angrily, no clear leader among them as they raced around mindlessly. They soon heard my brother's howl and they all moved in that direction.

I was soon face to face with a human child, only seven at the most, my fear reflected in his eyes. I turned the other way, quickly towards the stench. I needed to hurry.

Soon I was face to face with the witch, her eyes narrowed as she held her broomstick in a hand, tapping it lightly. She wagged her finger with her free hand, an evil smirk flashing across her tight, thin lips.

"You shall never be human again!"

Word count - 300

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 407 174
Hello, loves!!! Here is another short story collection, filled with Halloween tales, that are sure to give you goosebumps, and keep you up all night...
82.6K 2K 200
Tiny horror stories (Doesn't exceed 100 words) None of these stories is from other books or online. These were all written by me. Do not steal them...
17K 921 17
Ever wondered why the early hours of the morning are so still, so silent, and yet so ... creepy? The Witching Hour isn't just when the bars close; it...
1.3K 280 21
[FEATURED BY @WattpadShortStory and @CoffeeCommunity] 𝘌𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘶𝘴 ~ An anthology that represents a shimmering constellation of short stories. ˜"...