Rose

By babyXvee

Rose never had the ambition or the confidence Lily had. She was always living in the shadow and was always be... More

01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11.
12.
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Lily

04

364 9 1
By babyXvee

04

Happiness is the natural flower of duty. -Phillips Brooks

I'll manage...I'll manage my ass! I cursed at myself while I rubbed the temples of my head. My head was on the verge of exploding and it's not a pleasant feeling. I turned my head slightly without removing my hands from my head to peek over at Mia. She was feeling just as shitty as I was, she was grunting and cursing under her breath as she delicately melted the chocolate in her bowl. Sensing that someone was watching her, she turned to look at me and scowled.

"This is all your fault." She growled. "It's your stupid idea to be drinking on a Monday night!" I chuckled as I leaned against the stainless steel counter.

"You got to admit that it was fun."

"Yeah sure it was." She agreed. "But we're clearly regretting drinking that much today. You just couldn't let it go that I beat you." I gasped, slightly offended as that wasn't the truth...entirely.

"That's why I asked for a rematch!" I exclaimed.

"Rosy, its old college rules. Best out of five, not best out of ten!" I giggled.

"Regardless, it was tie five-five and you were such a party pooper saying you were done!"

"You were too Rose, do you know what a terrible drunk you are?!"

"So are you!" I argued. We stared at each other and laughed but we abruptly stopped when a pang of pain surged through my head. Ow.

"You two seem like you need some aspirin." Michelle came into the kitchen without either of us realizing. We turned to look at her and her finger was hooking onto a drug store bag and she started twirling it around in a circle.

"You are the best sis." Mia left her work station and marched her way towards her younger sister. Michelle laughed and headed the bag to her where Mia took out the bottle of aspirin.

"So what motivated the two of you to drink so much?" Michelle folded her arms across her chest and leaned against the door frame of the kitchen.

"Your sister forced me to eat raw fish." I joked.

"Excuse me," She said after gulping down the two pills and placing her glass down on the counter. "You looked like you were enjoying the dinner last night."

"I suppose so." I laughed. "But it really has been awhile since we've been out like that right Mia?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm glad you're finally doing something for yourself!" Mia tossed me the bottle of aspirin and I thanked her.

"I couldn't agree with you more sis," Michelle added. "You should drag her shopping or something, it's therapeutic."

"Geez, I'm not sick or anything!" I exclaimed, taking two pills out and washing it down with some water.

"Yes you are." Mia leaned over on the other side of counter I was leaning against. "You've been diagnosed with having a big generous heart. Your symptoms include helping anyone without concerning yourself, stepping out and over the boundaries, and you're too selfless."

"Better than being selfish right?" I smiled.

"You need to be a little bit more selfish!" Mia exclaimed.

"I agree," Michelle said. "You gave way too much and it's not so bad receiving once in awhile."

"But there's nothing I want okay?" I sighed. This isn't the first time we've been having a conversation like this. "My life's great, I have a loving family and friends so there's no need for me to be greedy and want something more."

"I never said anything about you being greedy or wanting something more Rose." Mia sighed, "What I'm trying to say is that not everyone is as big hearted as you are in the world. Sometimes you have to be selfish to survive in the world."

"We're not living in ancient times anymore Mia. Is survival of the fittest really necessary now?"

"Don't you dare pull out some Charles Darwin theories."

"You started it," I muttered but she ignored me.

"Just-" She let out a grunt. "We're not going to have this conversation when my head is about to explode." Technically speaking, she was the one that started this conversation but I shrugged it off.

"You're so overly dramatic." Michelle cooed and rolled her eyes at the same time. "I swear maybe you need to give some of your angry problems to Rose so she wouldn't be such a push over."

"Hey! I'm not a pushover." I pouted.

"Believe me Rose, you are." Mia rubbed her temples. "I just don't get how you can think so positively everyday...minus yesterday."

"You're just full of hate and negativity sis." Michelle laughed and Mia shot her an evil glare.

"And you're a brat that's making my headache worse."

"Actually no," Michelle corrected. "I should be making it better since I got you that bottle of aspirin." She pointed at the white bottle sitting on the countertop.

"Oh shut up brat!" Mia growled and I laughed. "You're not helping Rose." She snapped at me.

"She clearly didn't get enough sleep night." Michelle snorted. "Can you believe I had to suffer through her princess tantrum for all twenty one years of my life?!"

"Oh shush you." Mia snapped. "You're just equally as dramatic as I am."

"Both of you that's enough." I said with a smile. I've always been envious of their relationship because it's something that I know I'll never have with Lily. Despite all the bickering they do on a regular basis, I know that they love each other considering how Michelle went out of the way to get Mia a bottle of aspirin. "Please make this a friendly and stress free working environment thank you very much."

"You couldn't just say a thank you could you sis?!" Michelle stuck out her tongue before she stormed back to the front of the bakery.

"Can you believe what I have to deal with?" Mia exasperated. "That little devil."

"But you love that little devil." I cooed.

"She's my worst nightmare." She rolled her eyes before sitting down on a stool and rested her upper body across the cool stainless steel counter. "This damn headache." I giggled.

"So I was thinking," I smirked and Mia peeked up at me from the corners of her eyes.

"Oh god please don't say you want to go for another round tonight." Mia threw her arms up in the air to surrender. "I'm still not over this hangover so please don't let it continue or else I'll seriously shoot my sister tomorrow." I laughed.

"No silly. Carly told me about this yoga class that she goes to this morning, I was wondering if you would want to go."

"Yoga? Are you calling me fat indirectly Starr?" She faked an insult and I laughed again.

"Oh please if anything I should be the one that's fat. Look at all the chocolate I eat of yours every day."

"And vice versa, I believe I eat more of your cupcakes than you eating my chocolate." She argued.

"Okay we're both fat asses okay?" I replied and she nodded in agreement. "It seems like fun I mean it is hot yoga."

"Sure I don't mind." Mia sat up straight. "But not tonight I swear hangovers aren't my best friends. Isn't your head about to explode?!"

"Yes, but I'm just not bitching and whining like you are." I replied and Mia gasped.

"Did you just say an offensive comment Rose Starr?!" I rolled my eyes. "What happened to the oh so sweet and innocent Rose Starr?"

"You're my friend and you know I'm joking when I say stuff like that."

"And you know I'm joking as well." Mia smirked and I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly I smelt something odd in the kitchen...like something was burning. I glanced around all of my ovens and I knew that there was nothing in them this very moment so if it wasn't me then it'll be...

"Mia!" I exclaimed as I spotted her bowl of chocolate water bathing in hot boiling water on the stove. "You're burning your chocolate!" Mia jerked her head towards the direction and cursed out loud.

"You've got to be fucking kidding!" She exclaimed, springing onto her legs with her headache long forgotten as she slipped on a pair of oven mitts to remove the hot bowl from the stove. She dumped the entire content into the sink and ran cold water through it before returning to turn the stove off.

"Today is definitely not your day." I teased. She blew a strand of hair that's gotten onto her face away before leaning against the counter with her elbow and sighed.

"Tell me about it." She continued to rub her exploding temples as I laughed.

(-)

The rest of the week went by uneventfully. The days flew by like usual with my early morning start and Mia's usual morning complaints of leaving her bed after a good night's sleep. Like any mornings, I was in the kitchen of my bakery decorating the last patch of my cupcakes before moving them to the glass display in the front. I was neatly displaying my cupcakes until I heard the bell chime as Michelle and Mia walked in.

"I'm going to tell her." Mia hissed under her breath and I barely made up her words.

"Stop acting so rash!" Michelle growled. "Just think about it before you say anything to her." I stopped what I was doing and stared at the sisters. They were in a heated argument that they didn't realize me standing there. "Does she even know?"

"If she doesn't know about it, she deserves to know Mish! They're Rose's parents!" Mia exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air to vent out some frustration.

"What do I not know?" I asked out of the blue. I have no idea what they were talking about but the moment Mia mentioned my parents, I knew it had something to do with me.

The two sisters froze in their spots and spun their heads towards me, clearly they haven't realized that I was there because they were practically too absorbed in their own conversation. Mia immediately flung her hands behind her back but I caught a glimpse of something she was holding.

"Oh. Rose. Hi." Mia smiled. "I didn't know you were here." Michelle elbowed her sister in the guts and Mia winced in pain. Under normal circumstances I would have laughed because I knew how hard it was for Mia to think on her toes that she ends up uttering out the wrong words. She of all people should know that I'm here at the bakery early in the morning. But I knew how to read the atmosphere, I was tensed and worried about whatever Mia and Michelle knew that I didn't.

"Do you have something to tell me?" I asked and Mia bit her lips. I looked at Michelle, hoping that she would spill the news to me but Michelle knew that Mia should be the one to tell me.

"Ah well..." Mia paused. "Have you talked to your parents recently?" She asked and I arched an eyebrow.

"You should know that I talk to my Mom every day." I informed.

"Well did she say anything?" Mia was nervous and Mia Davis isn't a nervous person.

"About what?" I asked, setting down the tray of cupcakes I didn't realized I was still carrying in my hands.

"You know...about their company?" Now she lost me, why would my parents talk to me about their company? Sure they mention about their business at the dinner table once in awhile or about a project, but nothing different. Whenever I ask my parents about the company they would always tell me to either not worry about it, or tell me 'what would I know about a technological company?'

"Judging from your expression, you have no idea what I'm talking about do you?" Mia snapped my thought and I shook my head.

Mia bit her bottom lips nervously and revealed a magazine that was hidden behind her back. She slowly strolled towards me and placed the magazine on top of the counter. I gave her a look and her eyes were filled with worries. And just like that, her nervousness was transferred to me, I didn't look at the magazine taunting in front of me yet, but I'm afraid of what I might see from the reaction Mia was giving off.

I took a deep breath and gathered my courage to look down at the magazine and my heart stopped...No time stopped for me. On the front cover of a business magazine, my parents' faces were plastered on it with headlines in bold red letters popping out. 'Starr's filing for bankruptcy.' Life has always thrown curve balls at me but I never let any of it break me, but is someone fucking playing a prank or something?!

"Rose? Are you okay?" Mia asked cautiously.

"I can't breathe." My voice was weak, I was gripping the magazine tightly in my hands that I felt my nails piercing through the pages and into the palm of my hands. Suddenly I started to feel light headed and my breathing increased, I was having my very first panic attack in all twenty five years of my life. My legs buckled under me and I fell to the floor, ignoring the pain I was feeling.

"Oh my god Rose!" Mia screamed and ran around the counter and kneeled in front of me. Michelle gasped at the same time and came to my aid but Mia was the one that was wrapping her arms around me. "Talk to me Rose, breathe for me!"

"Is this some kind of sick joke?!" My voice was raspy and I was shaking in Mia's arms.

"Oh Rose." Mia ran her hands through my hairs as I collapsed into her. "I wish there was something I could do, I'm so sorry Rose. You're scaring me."

It wasn't Mia's fault so she didn't need to apologize but my voice was lost and my throat was constricted.  Mia has been through a lot with me but never has she been with a Rose Starr in a panic attack. A Rose Starr shaking viscously in her arms because the Rose Starr she knows always batted back all those curve balls.

Yes...that's who Rose Starr is...That's who I am. I pushed myself away from Mia and collected myself until I was calm. Thankfully I took those yoga lessons this past week, learning the breathing rhythm has its merits. Mia seemed to have relaxed a little when she finally saw me coming back. I wiped the fallen tears away from my face with the back of my hand and I rose to my feet. I ran to the back of the bakery and dug through my purse for my phone. I quickly dialed my parents' number but both of their phones went straight to voicemail. I tried calling the company but their lines were all busy probably due to the fiasco that's going on.

"I have to go." I told Mia who ran in after me. "I'm going to the company."

"Okay." Mia nodded. "I'll watch the shop." But I shook my head.

"Forget it, just close it for the day. I'm pretty sure none of us are in the mood to work." I told her, slugging my purse onto my shoulder. Mia opened her mouth to say something but decided against it and nodded her head.

"Okay, I'll close up the shop." She said, "Call me if you need anything okay? I'll be waiting back at the apartment." I gave her a smile and a hug before I rushed out of the bakery.

Jumping into my car, I pulled out of the parking lot and onto the rush hour traffic. I knew I had to be patient in rush hour traffic but I was in a hurry like everyone else. I was usually a safe driver, following the rules and speed limit but today was a different story. I zoomed pass cars after cars, running the lights as it turned from yellow to red and receiving several honks from cranky morning people. Eventually I made it safe and sound to my parents' company and drove down to the underground parking.

I parked into the first visitor parking I could find and jumped out of my car. I practically sprinted through the parking lot and as I swung the doors opened to the elevators, I saw Lily standing there impatiently as she mashed the button to the elevator. I was panting for air and as the door clicked behind me, Lily turned to look at me. She was just as worried and afraid as I was. As perfect as she always is, she was a total mess. Her usual perfect attire became jeans and t-shirts and her hair tied up in a high pony tail instead of letting it loose and wore minimum make up.

"Did you know?" Lily asked and I shook my head.

"I just found out too." I replied and she nodded her head before resuming on pressing the up button. I stood beside my sister and soon I was in my own little bubble once again.

How come neither Lily nor I could pick up on this? I mean if we weren't so busy with our own life we would have saw this coming. If only I realized the urgency my Dad was to find an investor just two weeks ago, I would have tried to help with whatever I could. Why did I always dismiss it when my Mom tells me not to worry about it? Now they're suffering because we failed to notice anything.

"Are you coming?" Lily spoke and I blinked a few times before I realized that the elevator had arrived and Lily was already inside holding the door open.

"Yeah." I muttered and walked into the steel box.

The elevator nearly stopped at every level to let people in or out. Lily growled with annoyance and people glared at us because they knew fully who we were and what's happening to the company. My parents' company wasn't a big company like Kingsley Enterprise so we didn't have anything fancy like an executive elevator that would take us straight their our parents' office.

The moment the door swung open to our parents' office, both Lily and I hurried out. We were greeted by Emily, my mom's secretary but we ignored her and made our way to their office.

"Ms. Starr," Emily called out after us. "Your parents are currently meeting with someone, you cannot just barge in there."

"Yes I can!" Lily stopped to hiss at her. "Does it look like we have time to just sit around when you're on the verge of losing your damn job?!"

Emily bit her lips because everyone knew that this was the truth and there was no way of denying it. Lily huffed before she continued to storm down the hall towards their office. I stared at Lily's angry back and Emily's hurtful face and I gave her a quick smile.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "We're all on edgy right now, so please just don't take what she just said to heart okay?" Emily returned a smile and nodded before I chased after my sister. By the time I reached my parents' office, the door was already swung opened and I heard my sister's voice yelling from the inside.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" She yelled and as I turned the corner, my heart broke into a million of pieces.

Tears filled my eyes when I saw my parents down on their knees in front of a man...in front of...Aiden? Through my blurred vision, I cannot mistake the man sitting in front of my parents as his hazel eyes pierced mine.

"Lily get out of here!" My mom snapped at her and my legs slowly walked into the room. Lily was on the floor with my parents as she tried to drag them back onto their feet.

"Why the hell are you on the floor begging to him?!" Lily pointed to Aiden who was sitting comfortably on the sofa. "Mom, Dad please get up." Lily pledged with tears falling from her eyes and I've never seen my sister cry for whatever reason because she's always so strong.

My eyes flickered to my family on the floor and to Aiden whose eyes were piercing into me. I wiped away a tear that escaped my eyes and moved towards my family. I kneeled down beside my Dad, grabbing his arm while Lily grabbed my Mom's.

"Dad please get up." I pledged but my Dad shoved my hands off of him and shook his head.

"I'm sorry Rose." My Dad said softly, "But he's the only one that can save our company. We'll do anything to keep our family from breaking."

"You don't need his help!" Lily exclaimed, "You don't need to degrade yourself like this! I know you two can pull through this!"

"Sweetie, it's not that simple." My Mom ran her hand through her hair.

"There must be another way Mom." Lily cried but she ignored her and turned her attention to Aiden.

"Please Mr. Kingsley," My Mom begged him. "You are our only hope."

I looked at Mr. Kingsley...Aiden Kingsley...Kingsley...wait. Is he the owner for Kingsley Enterprise?! I mentally gasped as I fit the two puzzle pieces together and mentally whacked myself for not knowing who this man was. Now it made sense to me! No wonder the name Aiden and Hailey sounded so familiar to me when I attended that charity dinner last week. I've seen them at the anniversary party and I even catered the event! I've always thought he was a businessman and indeed he is...I just wasn't expecting him to be the Aiden Kingsley.

His eyes were on me and even when I was studying him, he refused to look away until he had to. He turned his attention to my Mom and adjusted himself in his seat.

"When I met with you and your lovely family two weeks ago," He paused and his eyes flickered onto me before he quickly looked away. "Your project did spark my interest but you know how things are in the business world, it's something too risky for me to invest in. With the turn of events with your company now, it's even harder for me to stick my foot in it."

"No you're wrong." My Dad interjected and Aiden raised an eyebrow. "Once the world finds out that your company is in, it'll be hard for them to turn away."

"Let's be realistic here Mr. Starr," He cooed. "The proposal did spark my interest but there are too many unknown variables that many, including me aren't willing to risk even if we were to pour millions and billions into it." Aiden stood from his seat and shoved a hand into his pockets. "I'm sorry Mr. Starr, I don't think I'll be of any help."

Just as he turned to leave, Lily got up on her feet and slapped Aiden across the face. He growled and glared at her but Lily was Lily, she didn't back down from his intimidating glare.

"Lily!" My parents yelled at her but she ignored them.

"Is that all you fucking have to say you prick?" Lily scowled. "My parents are on their fucking knees begging you and that's all you've got to say to them? Are you fucking cold blooded or something? What if they were your parents and-"

"I believe your actions and words are out of line Miss Starr." He cut her off. "When we had our meeting two weeks ago, I was true to my words when I said I was envious of your family but this business we're talking about. Money is everything to a businessman and if it is something we find that isn't profitable, we'll turn the other way."

"And money is more important than your own family?" Lily asked and Aiden searched for an answer.

"Sometimes." He replied bitterly. He didn't wait for Lily to say anything, he simply made his way towards the door where there was another man in suit standing there as if he's been there this whole time waiting for Aiden to finish.

"You fucking bastard!" Lily called out to him. He glanced over his shoulder and stared at Lily. He didn't say anything but I could tell he was angry. He nodded to the man by the entrance and soon they disappeared.

"Lily! You've got to control that temper of yours!" My Dad scowled but Lily glared at him.

"How do you think I can control my temper when the both of you are on your knees?! Tell me!"

"You should be grateful if he doesn't sue you for assault!" My Mom yelled but I froze.

Sue? Will he really sue my sister for assault? No way, he's not like that is he? My sister is a famous model and she's going to launch her clothing line very soon. Anything that sparks an interest to the media would be a sword ready to strike and I didn't want my sister to go down with my parents either. I got up on my feet and ran out of the office, ignoring my parents call as I chased after Aiden. As I turned the corner from the hallway, I saw Aiden and the man by his side stepping into the elevator.

Oh no! No, no, no, no, NO! I screamed to myself and picked up my pace.

"Aiden!" I called out as the door began to close. I launched myself forward and jammed my hand between the closing doors and winced when the door clasped onto it. But thankfully the door opened again and Aiden stared at me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He growled at me but I simply smiled at him while I joined him in the elevator.

"Aiden," I started, ignoring the pain pulsing on my hand and bit my tongue, I think I should address him more formally since he's fuming and ready to kill someone, the last time he would probably want to hear is someone calling him by his first name. "I mean Mr. Kingsley."

"If you're here to beg for your parents, you're wasting your time." He told me immediately.

"Well I just wanted to apologize on behalf of my sister." I started and he gave me a look. "For the slap and the things she said."

"Why are you apologizing for her?"

"She's my family." I replied. "Even if she doesn't love me as much as I love her, she's still important to me and I don't want anything to happen to her."

"You're afraid that I'll sue her and her career will end aren't you?"

"Wow you've read my mind! You're so smart." I exclaimed and then I blushed when I realized the words what came out of my mouth. "Oh no! I didn't mean anything offensive, I just- I just don't want anything to happen to her." I fucked up, I totally screwed this up. The man is angry and I just said he's smart?! What the hell am I thinking? Of course he's smart! He's the owner of Kingsley Enterprise! The company that came out of nowhere and stationed itself high in the business world!

"I won't be suing your sister." He muttered and I felt a huge weight lifted off of my chest.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"I'll overlook this matter because of your family situation right now, I'm sure she was just on edge." He replied and a smile grew on my face.

"Thank you so much Mr. Kingsley!" I exclaimed just as the door to the elevator swung open to the underground parking.

He had both of his hands in his pockets and he was staring at me without a hint of expression. I tried studying him but I just couldn't read him for the life of me. The man who I'm assuming is his right hand man was holding the elevator door open as he watched from the side lines.

"Aiden is fine." Aiden muttered."And you should ice that hand of yours soon." He eyed my red and soon to be bruised hand. I smiled and nodded at him and with that he walked out of the elevator without a second glance. I caught a smirk coming from his assistant's face as he exited the elevator as well.

"Take care Miss Starr," The man spoke and I politely thanked him as he hurried behind his boss's side. My eyes remained locked onto Aiden's retreating back and I blinked as soon as the elevator door closed.

At least I didn't have to worry about Lily getting sued and right now, it's good to have one thing less to worry about.

(-)

We were all seated in the family room that evening at my parents' house. None of us had an appetite to eat dinner or anything for that matter. The media has been swarming the company all day and I didn't even realize it when I arrived and even now, the media was camping outside of my parents' house as we speak.

"Did you two ever consider us your daughters?!" Lily started. "How could you not tell any of us what the hell was happening?!"

"We didn't want the two of you to worry." My Mom replied and Lily blew her bangs angrily out of her face.

"At least we could have thought of something to help! Look at this mess now! What the hell are you two going to do? Are you two really filing for bankruptcy?!"

"There's nothing else we could do Lily!" My Dad growled and slammed his fist against the table that startled us from the loud thud. "Kingsley was our last option and there's no other way we could take!"

"So that's it? All your hard work over the years are going to flushed down the toilet?!" Lily argued. "If you've told us earlier we could have help with whatever we could!"

"Then why didn't you just listen to me and marry some bachelor we introduced you two to!" My Mom exclaimed. "If only you two decided to find someone suitable, we would have some alliance here!"

"Renee!" My Dad yelled at my Mom and this was the first time I heard my Dad raise his voice to my mom.

"What about Mr. Harris?" I spoke, "Aren't you two best friends Dad?"

"That sneaky bastard turned his friendship once he heard we were going down." My Mom cursed, "After we helped him through crisis three years ago."

"It's no use." My Dad sighed, I haven't really realized that my Dad really has gotten old over the past few months and I hated myself for not realizing something wrong earlier. "We have to close it down."

"Jamie," My Mom touched my Dad's shoulder. "We can still take up the Luckwaldt's-"

"No!" My Dad scowled at her and my Mom flinched. "That's not happening."

"Wait," Lily inched forward. "The Luckwaldt...are they one of the top five companies in town? Charles Luckwaldt right?"

"Yes." My Dad replied and eyed my sister.

"Did they offer something? Something that could help?"

"Yes but I'm not going through with it." My Dad replied.

"Why not?! They can help us! They're powerful aren't they?"

"That's enough Lily, we're not-"

"Why!?" Lily cut him off and stood up from her seat. "There's help and you're not willing to grab it?!"

"Because they're basically telling us to sell them our daughter!" My Dad raged and I gulped and Lily gasped.

"What?" My sister lost her voice and fell back down into her seat.

"Charles' youngest son, Rex is practically in love with you Lily." My Mom explained.

"I have to marry him." Lily fitted the puzzle together. "Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"That's why we have no other options Lily." My Dad added. "I'm not selling my daughter like that."

"But you've been trying to set us up!" Lily cried.

"Even if we were, we really hoped that you find someone you two would fall in love with." My Mom explained. "The two of you are never interested in dating because your career comes first, but we really needed the connection with other companies but it wasn't to the point where we needed to pressure and force you into marrying. We just hoped that you two would consider dating or see someone."

My heart was breaking, my family was falling apart and never in a million years would I expect something like this to happen. Just weeks ago, we were all laughing and smiling with each other. Joking and teasing, hugging and kissing. But look at us now, we were a complete mess. Tears falling from all of our eyes, shadows casting under our eyes, and pain surrounding all of us.

All I want is for us to be happy, that's the most important thing in a family right? And I wouldn't mind sacrificing myself for my family to be happy.

"I'll do it." I blurted out of the blue and my family stared at me.

"You'll do what?" Lily asked.

"I'll marry Rex." I added and they gasped.

"What on earth are you thinking Rose?!" My Dad yelled at me. "Are you insane?!"

"No I'm not." I said confidently for the first time. "I don't mind doing it, really."

"He's in love with me, not you!" Lily protested but I smiled.

"I know, so that's why I'm going to say something crazy right now." I continued and then stared directly into my sister's eyes. "Let's switch identities." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.1K 37
Emily Montgomery had never done anything wrong in her life. She obeyed everything her parents ever asked of her. But now she finally has to break awa...
8.2K 875 199
Sometimes life doesn't go like you plan. Kaya knows that better than most. It's why she ran to the city. It's why she can't afford romance. Kaya woul...
650K 13.4K 58
[COMPLETED / UNDER REVISION] The Sequel of This Book is titled "A Third Chance To Love". "If Love Was Forced" is a story of a girl who was arranged...
260K 4.7K 28
Book 2 of The Mismatch series. *** When the 'dead' ex is back in his life, leaving him with many...