Beauty behind Madness **Disco...

By CreativeSociety_

My Work #1: "I find it so amazing how you still exhibit love even though you've been hurt too many times Beau... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Seven
Eight
Nine

Six

888 90 6
By CreativeSociety_

"A person's actions alone will tell you everything you need to know"
—————————————————————
Ivory

I rolled over in bed squinting my eyes due to the sun peaking through the blinds. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand, looking at the time it was 12 in the afternoon. I can't believe I slept in this late but that was expected since not only did we go to Times Square last night but, we went to a bar. How Milo and I got in will forever be a mystery. I'm glad I don't have a hangover but I knew Dave would be here soon so I got out of bed and did my morning routine.

"You got a real nice place ma" Dave said once he walked in my apartment. As promised, Dave was here and to top it off, he brought lunch.

"Thanks" I said walking in the kitchen to get plates for our food.

He brought spaghetti, one of my favorite foods and surprisingly he cooked it. I admit I underestimated him but I learned my lesson. "I'm a man of many talents" is what he told me.

This was Dave's first time coming to my house. We had a routine which consisted of going to his house whenever we wanted to see each other which was almost every other day. Being in a private setting was better anyway.

The streets talk and the last thing I need is for somebody to go running their mouth to Nipsey. It wasn't like I was keeping him a secret but I preferred Nipsey to not know I was chilling with his homeboy that's almost 8 years older than me.

"I'm starting to think you using a nigga" he said.

"Hmm, free food? I just might be" I laughed as I made my way to hug him.

"That's fucked up" he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

Over these past couple months our friendship grew but I wasn't stressing anything between us. I needed to continue working on myself; first things first.

I stood there waiting for him to let me go but he never did. I looked up at his tall frame to see him already looking at me.

"You mad beautiful mami" he shook his head. "And I mean that in more than one way, I don't know what it is but I can't even recall the last time I been this comfortable with somebody"

"Yeah me either" I mumbled. Dave comes across as one of the most unfriendly people but in all actuality, it's easy to talk to him.

We sat at the table eating, making small conversation here and there until his phone rang.

He smacked his teeth ignoring the call. "These niggas can't do shit without me"

"It's cool if you gotta leave. Money calls" I said. Although I was enjoying his company, I wasn't stopping him because I didn't wanna come off as clingy.

He put his phone down and looked at me. "Nah it can wait I'm chilling with you right now"

"You sure" I asked taking our dishes to the kitchen while he leaned against the counter watching me.

"You got all my attention" he licked his lips and smiled. Tempting.

"You wanna talk, watch a movie or what..." I asked going to the living room and making myself comfortable on the couch.

"I mean we could watch a movie but what if I wanna make one instead" he said.

"Dave" I semi-yelled. He definitely caught me off guard.

"Relax I'm playing" he laughed. "I wanna get to know the real Ivory Denise Carson" he said grabbing my legs so they laid across his lap comfortably.

"No, it's time for me to get to know you" I laughed. He already knew a little bit about me from the things I told him.

"I got a past" he said pulling on his beard, contemplating whether or not he wanted to tell me.

"Don't we all" I sighed. Everybody got a past but that's what help you become a better person, learning right from wrong.

"Only difference is I don't regret mine like most people do. I was doing what I had to do in order to make ends meet for me and the fam. Nick was like my mentor and somebody killed him but that was a wake-up call for me. He never wanted me dealing drugs but he knew my situation so he let me work for him. I promised myself I would get out the game but not before finding out who killed him. All throughout this, I had a girl and a couple years later we found out she was pregnant then Kairi appeared. I had to change my priorities and get rid of some old habits for my daughter so I let go of that life and chose rapping."

"You knew my father" I said in disbelief.

"What" he frowned.

"You said Nick, the only Nick in the drug game everybody knew about was my father"

"I never knew Nick had a family, he was always so private" Dave shook his head.

"I don't know what to say"

"Don't say nothing" he shrugged. "He saved my life and I'm forever thankful. Coming from one of the roughest parts in New York I thought failure was inevitable but Nick showed me anybody can change their life around."

I know they say you learn something new everyday but I wasn't expecting Dave to say he knew my dad.

"I'm bout to head out" he said.

I nodded and got up from the couch to walk him to the door.

"I'll be here in the morning to pick you up" he said.

"You know I can drive myself right" I laughed and he just waved me off. Dave was stubborn.

"Stop thinking bout what I told you" he said pulling me into him for a hug.

"How you-

"Because I do" he cut me off. "Just relax" he kissed my forehead then left.

As soon as Dave left I grabbed my phone to call Corey. I decided not to tell her that Dave and my dad knew each other. I'll save that for another time.

"It better be important Ivy, you know this my sleep time" she answered groggily.

"Sorry I forgot, I'll call Milo instead"

"You good sis, talk to me"

"Is it wrong that I may sorta like Dave" I asked biting my lip nervously.

Corey was known to be truthful and very blunt at times. Although she did mean well you might end up getting your feelings hurt. Been there, done that, but I know it's all love.

"I'll be honest, if y'all tell each other up front what's what then there's nothing wrong about it"

"Right but I'm worried about what Nipsey will think"

Sometimes I look at Nipsey like a father figure since he basically stepped up and helped take care of me so his opinion does matter.

"Communication is key now stop stressing it's not good for the soul"

"I'm starting to realize I overthink too much... I really just needed some reassurance... thanks sis" I rambled.

Where do I go from here?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 14.8K 19
"Damn. Hasn't even been that long and you got a whole rock on your finger now, huh?" "...What are you doing here?" She unthinkingly rubbed her swolle...
39.9K 1.2K 18
You grabbed my hand at my lowest.
5.4M 219K 113
"I don't wanna be just a memory And I don't wanna feel your wings break free Because without you I'm lost in the breeze I gotta be strong now...
94.9K 2.7K 36
Read it ♥️ (Currently Editing-ish)