The Love Bite [boyxboy]

By rotXinXpieces

Alexander Lee Grey lives his entire life according to his clan's will. He has no freedom, especially when it'... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Two

79.7K 3.7K 2.3K
By rotXinXpieces

Chapter Two (Alexander)

"You know, I'm the one who got beat up and I'm the one who does drugs, so why are you the one bouncing up and down like you dropped acid?"

I sat next to Mark in the office, glancing at him with a deadpan expression as he held an ice pack to his swollen cheek. It would seem that Oscar had easily caught up with Mark and gave him a beating he'd not soon forget. Now, the guy who stole my money and mentally tore me apart, sat next to me, looking like your average bullied kid. Sort of like me, only no one did it to my face and if they did, they made sure they were a good four feet away.

Mark looked a little pathetic sitting there all slumped with an ice pack on his face, his lip busted, and his nose turning purple on the bridge. His black hair was sticking up in several directions while his beanie sat in his lap.

"Family coming in." I answered dryly, looking away. Mark always did this sort of stuff. We weren't friends, no. We never considered each other friends. In fact, he was the bully and I was the bullied. Mark was just lower on the social food chain than I was. I suppose you could say we outcasts had to stick together.

I mean, not even the other resident potheads liked Mark.

I could obviously see why.

"Oh, boo fuckin' hoo," Mark snapped at me, making me cock a brow at him now, "You weren't slugged by the star quarterback."

"Nope, the only bright side to my day." I replied, sitting up straight as I peered past the office lady's head to see Amber's silver Mercedes pulling up. I sighed in relief to see just her climbing out, her long blonde hair tied in a ponytail on the side of her head. Mark frowned and leaned on my shoulder, far too close for my tastes as I could still smell the blood from his lip and it was making my temples throb.

"Is that your sister?" He asked in awe, dropping the ice pack into my lap, making me hiss past clench teeth before glaring at him pointedly. I rolled my eyes and shoved him away from me, dropping the pack rather forcefully on his groin, making him yip just as Amber came in with a thermos and brown paper sack.

"Yo," She greeted boredly to the office lady, who frowned, before Amber looked at me, "Brought your medication and breakfast. I told you to stop skipping or... or you might, you know, go Hulk on us." I took the bag, rising to my feet.

"Thanks, Amber." I sighed in relief. She nodded, then glanced behind me with wide eyes.

"The hell happened to you?" She asked Mark. I grimaced and opened my mouth to stop her, but Mark shot to his feet eagerly at the attention, surprising me as he stumbled over his words before managing a shy 'hello'. Amber paused, then smirked at him.

"You're a cutie. Ally never told me he had friends." She added, glancing at me. I went to correct her, but Mark immediately linked his arm with mine and beamed brightly.

"Not friends, we're great friends! In fact, I was going to visit sometime soon. We were just talking about what day would be better." He added quickly. I stared at him in disbelief, then looked at Amber for help, but she ignored my look and grinned.

"Is that so? How cute. How about tonight? It'd be great if Ally had some friends to show off." She responded with a nod. I looked at her curiously and honestly hoped she wasn't thinking what I thought she was thinking. Mark, the oblivious junkie he was, just smiled and nodded eagerly.

"Definitely!" He chirped.

"Excellent," Amber exclaimed, clapping her hands together cheerfully before pecking me on the cheek, "See you two after school! Good luck, Ally-boy!" She waved before giving Mark a wink and disappearing out of the office. Mark sank back into his chair, holding his ice pack and tilting his head back.

"That was better than shrooms. Did you see the way she looked at me? Her eyes are so pretty!"

"Mark, we have the same color eyes."

"Yea, but you're a guy. She's... She's a woman." Mark sighed dreamily, closing his eyes in bliss as if he were reliving the moment repeatedly. I decided not to get in the way of the one high that wasn't illegally induced as I got a pass from the office lady and went to the bathroom. I slipped into one of the stalls and popped the thermos open.

Immediately, the heavy smell of O positive filled my senses. I held my breath, feeling my fangs throb at the scent. It was so strong, I could taste it on my tongue. I shivered and tipped my head back, gulping in huge amounts of blood. It swished in my mouth before sailing down my throat.

I could feel my abilities sharpen. My senses heightened instantly. I twitched at the force of it as I heard the sound of someone's sneakers screech on the floors in the hallway outside. My world tilted and swirled as my vision blurred for a split second before sharpening. Colors became more vivid, the world became brighter, the lights almost blinded me. I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt the vibrations of the footsteps down the hallway, coming closer and closer.

I almost dropped the thermos, but managed to clench my grip and swallow another mouthful. Everything settled down after a couple more healthy sips and I capped it shut. I opened the paper sack and got out a handful of little red pills. I studied the red liquid inside the gel coating before taking out my Tic Tac box.

I had just finished refiling when I heard the bathroom door open, making me snap my head up. I went still as I heard a couple people talking. I instantly recognized Nicholas' voice, my heart pounding in my chest violently as I listened to him talking to what sounded like Oscar.

"It's just weird," Oscar was saying in aggravation, "The last thing we need is a couple of freaks ruining the image before Spirit Day. There's gonna be recruiters everywhere, Nick. I can't fuck this one up. I need that scholarship." Nicholas sighed as he went to a urinal. I peered past the slit in the door, watching Nicholas stand there and Oscar lean between two sinks, his arms folded over his chest as he stared at the ceiling.

"Alex doesn't do anything, though," Nicholas pointed out, making my heart leap into my throat, "In fact, he's actually kinda nice. So he's a little unhealthy and quiet. That doesn't make him a freak."

"No," Oscar agreed after a short moment of silence, "But he's just... I don't know. Mark is the one that really pisses me off. Who the fuck does that kid think he is? He picks on Alex constantly too."

"That part pisses me off."

"Oh? What? You like Alex?"

"Sure," Nicholas answered as he zipped his pants up, heading to a sink, "In fact, I was thinking of inviting him to the game on Friday." Oscar snorted and pushed off the wall, resting his arm across the tiles of it instead as he watched Nicholas splash his face with water.

"Seriously? You know, when you told me you were--"

"I'm just saying as a friend, Oscar. What do I look like? A pervert? Listen, just lay off Alex and stick to Mark. He's the one you'll need to worry about if he's going around, waving pot like it's the American flag."

"Might as well be." Oscar retorted, making Nicholas laugh. They changed their subject to the game on Friday as they walked out, their voices still clear even as they were halfway down the hallway and split up to their classes.

The whole time, my heart was pounding with delight as I clenched my fists against the stall door, my body tensing.

Nicholas liked me! He was going to invite me to the game Friday! It wasn't entirely safe to be at a game crowded with humans during nighttime, but I was ready to risk it so long as I brought a thermos and my pills.

I could easily last the whole night. I went through the day with that goal in mind, forgetting everything else as I sailed into my fantasy land. Maybe Nicholas and I did have a chance. We'd spend the night tonight, then plan another time to hang out. I'd bring him home--

No, I realized with a grimace as the final bell rang and I made my way to my locker in distress. There was no way I could bring Nicholas near my family, or myself for that matter. It was called fantasy for a reason.

With my fiance in the way, nothing was possible. I couldn't even breath the wrong way.

And it didn't help that he'd come far too early. What was he thinking? To get ahead of schedule? He had to wait until my eighteenth birthday before he pulled anything, so why was he here? What did he think he could gain?

He already had control over my life and he probably didn't even realize it yet. Right now, my family dictated me to follow their wishes and their wish was that I go with Storm as planned. We were betrothed and it didn't help that this new age made it completely legal. Once upon a time, I would've been so happy at the thought of being able to legally marry another man.

However, now, my heart was breaking at the thought of standing beside Storm during the handfasting. I didn't want my hands to be tied with Storm's. I didn't want to be tied down to him at all. If I was being forced to submit to someone, it'd be Nicholas because he was human. Humans held a certain fragility. They were far more compatible. They were, in a nutshall, nice.

Vampires were not.

Just thinking about the word made me shudder as I slammed my locker door shut, backing up and starting to head out when I saw Mark standing right there. I waited for him to yell at me, but instead, he just frowned.

"You better not fuck this up," He told me angrily, "I like your sister. She's really pretty."

"Mark, I think you should know--"

"I don't care. Now take me to your place." Mark commanded. I sighed and shrugged it off. Mark would find out on his own why this was stupid and dangerous. I gestured for him to follow as we departed from the school. Stepping outside, I was relieved when the sun didn't scorch my skin.

The blood was helping.

I led Mark through the parking lot and I cocked my head, hearing a group of other seniors nearby mutter under their breathes. For a moment, I thought it was me they were talking about until I heard the insult 'pothead'. Mark couldn't hear them. He didn't know they were pretty much wishing he was dead. Best he didn't know. Those kinds of things were what made humans one of the most hated creatures in our world.

Though they could feel love, compassion, humility, grace, beauty, and kindness... Humans could also feel hate. Pain. Rage. Power hungry. Once exposed to the smallest amounts, humans dove in head first to swallow as much of the power as they could without realizing that it was poisonous to their kind.

Humans were never meant to be super powerful. That's why it was reserved for my kind. My world.

"I'm not stupid." Mark said after a while as we crossed the street to the next block over. I frowned, glancing at him out the corner of my eye as he pulled his beanie on his head, his hair brushing over his face and in his eyes.

"I know people talk shit," He said, making me blink and look at him in surprise, earning me a scoff, "I know they were talking about me. I'm not stupid. I can feel it when people glare at me. But so what? Fuck them. I'm still alive and it pisses them the fuck off, so good. That's what I live for. To piss people off."

"That's an interesting way of putting it." I admitted with a shrug, a little surprised by Mark's explanation. He just scrunched up his nose, tonguing his black snake bites before studying the large houses on my block in envy.

"Damn, I wish I had a house. I've always wanted a second floor room for some reason." He added, studying the homes. I raised an eyebrow.

"If you don't live in a house, what do you live in?" I asked curiously. I hadn't been alone with Mark in a way that didn't lead to him stealing my money for drugs or pot. Our conversations were just haggling or insults. Now, I felt a little curious.

Who was Mark?

"Trailer park," Mark answered dryly, shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatshirt, "Our trailer's falling apart. My grandpa tries fixing it himself, but it just makes it fall apart even more. So, anyway, tell me about your sister. What's she like?" He looked intent on changing the subject, so I obeyed his wishes and just rolled my eyes at his question.

"My sister's sorta flamboyant."

"What's that mean?"

"She's obnoxious."

"I think she's cool! And pretty. Really pretty. I like blondes," He mused, making me glance at him for a moment until his cheeks pinkened, "Blonde girls! Jeez. You're such a faggot." I shrugged and looked away from him as we walked down the sidewalk, approaching my house. When we stopped in front of it, Mark stared at it with wide eyes.

"A rich faggot." He added in awe.

"Watch your mouth when we get in my house," I warned as I led the way up the paved walk this time to avoid getting yelled at for ruining the bright green lawn, "My mom doesn't appreciate swearing or negative language."

"Got it." Mark responded instantly and jerked his beanie off, stuffing it into the pockets of his baggy jeans. I glanced at him, raising an eyebrow before I faced the black wooden door again, pushing on it as we came inside.

My house was probably fancy compared to Mark's trailer. The foyer was made of dark wood, matching the staircase that went straight up to the second floor where one of the studies could be seen. Straight ahead was the kitchen while to the left was our large dining room and the right held our den with a home theater set and old Victorian style furniture. In fact, the house was filled with the furniture from my father's side of the family.

"Will you guys adopt me?" Mark asked dreamily, scanning the foyer in child-like awe. He did a few turns before looking at me as I sighed, shaking my head before gesturing for him to follow me. We went up the stairs, the old boards creaking under our feet as we made it to the second floor. We passed one study, a guest bedroom that was home to a new suitcase, confirming my worries.

Crap.

He's already here.

Maybe he's out. Maybe he went to grab something to eat-- er, drink. Or do something that doesn't involve him being here!

We went down to the very end of the hall where my room was and I let Mark in first. He stepped inside, scanning the neatness of it before turning to face me as I shut the door and tossed my things to the floor.

"Before you ask," I said quickly when Mark opened his mouth, "You need to know some rules. No swearing is one of them. You have to use your manners. My parents are just... really strict like that."

"No problem." Mark answered with a careless shrug, scanning my room. I frowned and went to my wardrobe, taking a towel out and throwing it at Mark, who yelped as it hit him in the face.

"And as much as I hate to say this, use my shower. You look like you haven't bathed in days." I responded. Mark glared at me, then looked away.

"Our shower broke down."

"Then use mine."

"And my clothes?"

"I'll put them in the wash and you can use some of mine until then."

"Great, faggot clothes."

"Shut up and take your shower." I ordered, leading him to my bathroom. Mark looked like he was going to argue until he saw my bathroom. He rushed in, leaning over the large spa bathtub. He dropped the towel on the nearby rack, reaching over to turn the other on. He looked delighteed when the water sprang free from the faucet, splashing at his face. I shut the door, leaving him alone.

Okay, so far, so good. My parents obviously weren't home and neither was he. Amber had to be here somewhere.

I gathered up Mark's clothes and took them with me as I went downstairs to put them into the washer. I set the timer and went into the kitchen, glancing out into the backyard to see Amber in the shade of the house, weeding out my mother's vegetable garden. I sighed in relief and opened the sliding glass doors, leaning out.

"Amber?" I called. Amber glanced up, wiping sweat off her brow, scrunching up her nose.

"Judging from that smell, you brought your friend with you." She stated, cocking a brow as she rose to her feet, taking her gardening gloves off and tucking them under her arm to rub her fingers. I frowned, stepping out.

"Amber, he likes you, that's why he did it."

"Oh, I know that."

"Amber, you're a lesbian."

"I am not a lesbian," Amber chided, rolling her eyes as she tossed her gloves on the picnic table, "I'm not into human labels. I just prefer women over men. So what? I assumed your delicious friend would make a nice wedding gift."

"Amber," I scolded, slamming the glass door shut and making Amber sigh wistfully, "Mark likes you. That's rude to lead him on and I am not giving him to... Storm. Mark has his own life to get back to."

"You're joking," Amber answered, looking surprised, "You can't smell it?" I scrunched up my nose in a disgruntled scowl, folding my arms over my chest.

"Smell what?" I demanded. Amber diverted her eyes to the house, scaling up the bathroom window so the sun caught her eyes and made them glitter before she looked down at me.

"Death." She responded. I blinked, lowering my arms.

"I don't smell it." I managed carefully. All I smelled when I was around Mark was pot and Fritos. He wasn't dying and he probably wouldn't die for another couple decades. However, the look Amber told me told otherwise.

"I can smell it on him," Amber insisted strongly as she brushed past me to the door, pausing to glance over her shoulder at me, "And it reeks. When Storm smells it, he'll take the initiative and devour him quickly. Don't worry, it'll be painless."

"You can't do that," I protested, following her into the house and slamming the glass door shut behind us, making Amber scowl as she went to the fridge, "Mark's a human! A living, breathing human! It's against our laws to kill humans!" Amber laughed as she pulled out a gallon of O positive, reaching for a mug in the cupboard.

"Yes, healthy living, breathing humans. Your friend is doing something self-destructive. Whatever it is, it's earned him a one way ticket to--"

"I refuse," I cut her off sharply, watching her blink and look at me in surprise, "Mark can't die. Just play along and pretend you're straight. At least for now. Mark will lose interest eventually." Amber scrunched up her nose.

"Ew, boys." She complained, pouring her mug full. I walked over, elbowing her in the arm and giving her a look that asked whether she agreed or not. She sighed after a while, putting the galon away and putting the mug in the microwave.

"I can't believe I'm about to do this. Not only did I have to give your pompous fiance a ride from the airport, but now I have to pretend to be decent. I'm considering the life of an exotic dancer at one of those human clubs. At least I don't have to pretend to be nice." She groused. I sighed in relief and gave her a hug. Amber hugged me back tightly before letting me head up to my room again.

I shut the door quietly behind me as I gathered up some of my clothes, ones that I was sure would make Mark look like less of a junkie and more like a decent human being.

I walked into the bathroom, pausing to see that Mark had fallen asleep in the bathtub.

Talk about dangerous!

He was slumped against the side, his head resting on one of the cervical pillows set out. He'd used some of the pumpkin spice bubble bath, so the bubbles were coiled around him like a blanket. I cleared my throat loudly, making Mark jump away.

"You could've knocked, homo!" He snapped angrily, ruining a moment that actually made him look peaceful and innocent. I rolled my eyes and gestured to the clothes I set on the rack for him.

"Hurry up. We're gonna start preparing dinner soon." I told him. Mark just nodded as I departed, rolling my eyes.

My parents were going to be pissed to have to waste our stock of human food on one human visit, but I'd blame it on Amber later. She was the one who invited him, thinking I meant to give Mark to Storm, which was not going to happen.

I shuddered as I went around my room, fixing things up a little bit when the bathroom door opened and Mark came out. I was surprised at how good he looked in the black cardigan over a maroon-colored v-neck that was bit loose on his lanky frame. Although, the black skinnies I gave him fit perfectly.

"I feel girly." Mark pouted, ruffling his hair with a towel as he glanced down at himself. I snorted.

"You look human."

"What'd I look like before?"

"A meth addict."

"I've never done meth!" Mark protested defensively. I didn't believe him for a second and went back to straightening my room as Mark came over and plopped on my bed, looking up at the pointed ceiling.

"Do you think your sister will like me?" He asked after a while. I glanced at him, biting into my lip. I hated leading Mark on like this. Sure, we weren't friends at all. The only connection between us other than both being at the bottom of the social food chain was the fact that Mark stole money from me to pay for his drugs. Even so, I didn't like messing with people's emotions like this, especially Mark's. I felt like he was a lot more damaged than he let on.

Instead, I smiled as I rose to my feet.

"Yea, probably. Just remember to put on good manners and stop swearing." I responded. Mark scrunched up his nose for a second, then nodded reluctantly as he pressed his tongue against one of his snake bites, making me grimace.

"And stop messing with those things," I chided, making Mark roll his eyes, "Why would you ever get piericings anyway?" Mark glanced at me carelessly as he rose to his feet.

"Because it hurt." He answered. I frowned and went to question him when I heard the sound of a car pulling up in the driveway. My heart started to race violently in my chest.

This was it.

Storm had to be here now with my parents in tow.

Fantastic. Five vampires, one human. It was like locking a mouse in a cage with five hungry cats and I had a strong feeling that one of those cats was going to lose control.

Oh, Goddess, help me now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 1.5K 39
Life as a vampire is nothing like the myths that humans made up in the middle ages. Regular humans know that vampires exist, they just cannot determ...
540K 26.6K 16
[Sequel to Love Bite] After the horrific events last fall, Alexander Lee Grey has decided that it's the human life for him. Hanging out with his only...
417K 17.3K 34
A vampire and a werewolf destined to be together? Even they can't beleive it. Read as Nicholas and Wesley struggle to find a place in their own world...
45.7K 1.4K 20
Dream, an incredibly powerful vampire, stumbles upon George, a human with exquisite-tasting blood, and offers the brunette a simple deal. art by alzh...