The Unexpected [Boy x Boy Rom...

By thegaytomes

Donnie, the sought after jock who had it all, and Derek, the alluring bad boy who seemed to be going nowhere... More

Chapter One: You Started It
Chapter Two: The Set Up
Chapter Three: The First Meeting
Chapter Four: Break The Shell
Chapter Five: Drinking, Dancing, and Divas
Chapter Six: Burger Boys
Chapter Seven: Confessions and Kisses
Chapter Eight: Tender Musings
Chapter Nine: A Greek Tragedy
Chapter Ten: Exploration
Chapter Twelve: I'm Gonna Miss You (Final Chapter)

Chapter Eleven: The Understatement of the Year

18.3K 582 302
By thegaytomes

After their experimental play in bed, the two boys decided to make their weird, awkward, confusing relationship official. They felt the same way about each other. They liked each other. A lot. And they needed each other. And not just as crutches for everything going on in their lives. They had gotten accustomed to being around each other, enjoyed each other's company, and liked the closeness. It was new and exhilarating, and they couldn't get enough of it. Maybe it wasn't love, but it was close.

So, boyfriends it was. Not that they had anyone to announce that to. No one else needed to know. Then again, maybe someone should know. Rumors were already running rampant at school, and they hadn't even really done anything to deserve them. So... Since both of their reputations were already crushed, and they were essentially friendless, why not give those shallow teenagers at school something to really talk about?

The following day, just another normal day at school, the two males arrived. Except, this time, it was a little different. They walked into the main building of their school holding hands. Just as Anya and Gwen had caught them. They smiled as they walked down the halls, ignoring all of the gawking and staring of slack-jawed classmates. They ignored the whispers and chatters and giggles and expressions of disgust. Together, they felt invincible, and the other students were barely a blip on their radar.

Throughout the day, Derek and Donnie simply enjoyed each other's company. They walked each other to class, fingers laced and smiles on their faces, and gave each other quick pecks on the lips before parting ways. Or whenever they felt like it. They poked fun at each other and laughed and acted as they normally did, this time under the prying eyes of teachers, fellow students, and ex-friends. Obviously, it was distracting to the rest of the school, but again, the two love birds barely took any notice. Not even threats or remarks from others made a dent in their confidence. Their self consciousness about their relationship had simply crumbled away, and no one could pick away at it any longer to reopen the wound.

Though, they certainly did try. To the point of where both Donnie and Derek were called to the principal's office by the end of the day. Typical. If students couldn't get their way, they'd go to the higher ups and see what 'the adults could do.'

When Donnie arrived at the office in the main hall of the school, his gaze immediately landed on Derek, who was sitting in a chair by the door, his leg bouncing nervously. Donnie gave a half smile and sat down in the chair next to him. "Hey," he said quietly, placing his hand over Derek's. Derek just looked at him. He didn't seem happy. "I can't get into trouble again. I won't be able to graduate." His grades had been wavering for the past  few months, now. His grades were probably dropping and raising week by week. The poor guy was still trying, but sometimes those pesky emotions of his got in the way. Donnie had to admit, though, Derek had picked up the pieces of his old, damaged life pretty quickly, and was trying to recover and keep trudging on. He didn't know many that would have been able to do that. Especially if they were in Derek's position.

Sighing quietly, Donnie just shrugged. "Don't get too worried yet. Who knows where this'll go. Gordon doesn't have much of an argument anyway. We're just... Together. He doesn't scold the straight couples, right? There's no way in hell he can scold us for holding fucking hands." He gave Derek a small smirk before grabbing the other's hand and placing a gentle kiss to the back of it.

"Excuse me," came a voice, pulling the two boys from their lovey-dovey conversation. The male voice belonged to Gordon, the nasty spawn of Satan himself. "If you two would drop the act for a few minutes, I'd like to talk to you. Follow me." Reluctantly, they got up from their seats and followed Gordon into his own personal office that branched off from the rest of the room.

"Alright, boys," he began as he sat down in his seat. He watched the two sit from across his desk. He eyed them, the blood shot gaze sliding from Donnie, to Derek, and back again. "Tell me you're not serious." Derek gave a humored snort before biting down hard on his bottom lip to stop from laughing more. Donnie shot him a look before looking back at Mister Gordon. "Excuse me, sir? If you don't recall, you were the one who paired us up in the first place. We were supposed to go into that 'peer counseling' program to make nice with someone we despised. It worked. In fact, Derek and myself ended up liking each other so much, that we fell for each other. As a matter of fact, we should be thanking you. If you hadn't signed us up for this project of yours to make the school a better place, we wouldn't have the relationship we do now." Donnie leaned back in his chair and smiled slightly, eying the older male now. The principal wasn't enjoying how pleased Donnie looked with himself.

Clearing his throat, the principal straightened up in his desk chair and placed his clasped hands on his desk. "Listen. I have no idea what's going on with the two of you, but whatever it is, it has to stop. At least, on school property it does. You've gotten the whole school worked up. No one is paying attention to their classes or teachers, and I'm getting complains coming in almost ever ten minutes. People are unsettled by your sudden... 'Relationship.' To be honest it seems like you're just doing this to get attention and make trouble, and I want it to stop." Derek was gripping the arms of his chair so tightly his knuckles were turning white. Donnie hadn't seen him try this hard to keep his mouth shut before... Ever. Before the male could blow up in Gordon's face and make things go from bad to... Absolutely insanely terrible, Donnie piped up. "Mister Gordon, I don't mean to argue with you, but I don't exactly think that's fair. You and the other Staff members here hardly get on any of the straight couples cases, and they're disgusting with their PDA in the halls. It's disturbing to watch. Not to mention that they're completely uninhibited at dances... Some of the couples are practically having sex on the dance floor! How is that okay, but the two of us holding hands and kissing once before leaving to class a bad thing? We're just acting like a normal couple. Everyone else is blowing all of this out of proportion. I bet you anything that if you give this a few days, or a week at most, this'll pass. Our classmates are always making up awful rumors about each other. They're gonna find something new to complain and gossip about." Unfortunately for Gordon, Donnie was right. This was a dangerous thing to complain about, too, and everyone in the room knew it. Gordon didn't want the teachers and staff to be pegged as 'homophobic,' because that'd bring too much negative attention to the school, especially if the boys really decided to do something about this discrimination. That wasn't something they could afford, or had time to deal with.

Finally, the principal ran a hand through his thinning hair and let out a defeated sigh. "Fine. Just try to tone it down a bit, okay?" He looked to the boys for affirmation, but they just shrugged. Shaking his head, the older male muttered an annoyed 'go.' The two boys did as they were told and left the office. As soon as they were out in the short hallway of the main office, they quietly celebrated with bouncing around, pumping fists, and of course, a few victory kisses, as well. That was it, then! Everyone had to deal with their showing each other affection and their being happy together, whether they liked it or not. Sucked for them!

From there on out things seemed to be going pretty smoothly. As Donnie had suspected, the rest of the student body had gotten over their relationship pretty immediately. People still made comments every once in a while, and the two were pretty much friendless, but that didn't really matter to them. Their relationship was still new enough that they had plenty left to talk about and learn. They loved each other's company. Actually, it was a blessing to have their break, lunch and after school periods to themselves. Nothing else to bother or distract them.

This positivity in their lives was also good for Derek's grades. He was back on track with his classes, and he was taking his school work much more seriously. It still took a little positive reinforcement from Donnie, but that was to be expected. Derek was also job hunting. Staying with Donnie was great, but he felt like he was starting to be a burden on the family. Plus, Donnie's dad still wasn't too keen on the idea of the young man being around for months on end, and still didn't really care for him in general. But, at least Derek was trying to get a job, right? Donnie had already helped Derek fill out a number of applications, both online and on paper, and he was sure Derek would get called back by someone. Until then, though... They'd enjoy their time under the same roof while they could. In fact, they were enjoying it every chance they got, which, they were both learning, was a great, albeit slightly awkward endeavor. They had fun learning what each other liked and disliked and how it was to be with someone the same gender, in a more intimate setting. It was what they spent their time doing now, when they weren't doing homework or dealing with drama from school and Donnie's family.

Speaking of his two parents, Donnie had set up a special date for the two of them at a super fancy restaurant for their anniversary, which had just been a few weeks after the drama with the other teenagers at school. Luckily, Donnie's parents hadn't learned about any of that nonsense, and Donnie was feeling so good about his own relationship, he wanted to spread that love. He planned a whole night for their anniversary, thinking they needed something special since it was their 20th year together. Plus, it'd be nice to finally get them a gift, since he didn't usually on this particular date. But... At the same time, he had to admit, though he did find it fun to set up a whole date night for them, and though he thought they deserved it completely... Part of why he was sending them out was for selfish reasons. He wanted a night alone at home with Derek, so they could have one of their dates in. The typical ones with 80's movies and too much pizza and baking sweets and being complete idiots around each other. And... Maybe getting intimate without having to worry about one of the parents interrupting. But hey, who could blame Donnie? He just wanted some time home alone with Derek, which was getting harder and harder to get.

When his parents' anniversary date rolled around, Donnie and Derek had to play it cool until later that evening, when the older couple finally left to enjoy themselves. "So, what exactly did you sign those two up for?" Derek asked, shooting a glance Donnie's way. Donnie looked away from the phone in his hand, which he had been using to order their dinner. "Well... They're going to go see a play that my mom's always wanted to see, then they're going to go to dinner somewhere that costs way too much, and then a carriage ride in the park. So, I mean... It's five now. I say we've got four or five hours to ourselves." That last sentence caused Donnie to smile slyly. Derek chuckled at the expression on his boyfriend's face. "Maybe we should just quit the rest of this and spend the night fucking." To that, Donnie rolled his eyes. He ignored the statement and went back to his phone, pressing the 'call' button and ordering their food for the night. Unlike Derek, who was fine with 'fucking all night,' Donnie wouldn't let the, eh, non-sexual romance die so early on in their relationship. Personally, he needed a little more than just lust and physical things.

Their night was much like every other date they had - eating half their weight in cheap pizza, trying to top each other with their 80's movie knowledge, baking cookies 'like a couple of homos,' as Derek liked to say, and simply enjoying each other's company. It was nice to get back to doing that sort of thing after having to go without it for a few weeks.

Eventually the two teens found themselves lounging on the couch once again, this time with full stomachs and drowsy eyes, and Derek laying in Donnie's arms. Donnie looked to the black TV screen and hummed thoughtfully. "Do you wanna watch another movie, or just hit the hay? I think if we head to bed early we can get away with sleeping together." Personally, Donnie would have liked just one night together to cuddle and sleep with Derek. They always felt it a little too risky, but maybe tonight would be different.

Derek perked up slightly and tilted his head back to look at Donnie. "I rather sleep together, than sleep together." Right. Donnie had actually forgotten about that. Not that he minded Derek's eagerness. Donnie shrugged, pretending to be uninterested. "I dunno. I think I might be too tired to fool around with you tonight, Derek. Maybe if you had helped me clean up after baking those cookies, I would have had enough energy," he sighed, smirking slightly. It was hard not to, when looking at Derek and his slightly saddened, slightly pissed off expression. "Hey! That's not fair! I have an insatiable appetite! For cookies... And for sex! You can't deny me either!" Rolling his eyes, Donnie replied, "Well, if you want it so bad, then you're just going to have to work for it!" That seemed to be the only cue that Derek needed to shift so he was hovering over Donnie now, rather than just laying with him. The couch was a little cramped, but Donnie could tell that Derek liked the challenge. It slowed things just enough that it made things fun and exciting, but not obnoxious.

The first thing to go was Donnie's shirt. Derek was starting to realize how much he loved staring at the other's unclothed chest and, hell, body in general. That pale, clear skin, those toned, but soft and inviting muscles, the little patterns of hair, and the warmth coming off his body was all so intoxicating and heavenly, no wonder girls went ape shit for him. Derek was definitely falling under the same spell.

Smiling slightly, Derek leaned in and showered the other in kisses, from his lips to the hem of his pants. And, speaking of which... Derek wanted to get into those pants, ever so badly, but Donnie stopped him before going any further. "Off with the shirt. I'm not going to be the only one here in my underwear." Derek gave a half smile and nodded, slipping out of his own shirt as well, and leaving it with the other discarded article of clothing on the floor. Now that he could, he let his fingers play with the button and fly on Donnie's pants. He gave a gentle tug, and the two worked together to get them off while still laying comfortably on the couch. Derek looked hungrily at Donnie's boxers, but before he could get his mitts on the undergarment, Donnie sat up slightly, and pushed Derek back just a bit, as if to deny him for the second time. "No way, you're not taking advantage of me this time, Derek. You got in way too easy last time. And the time after that. And after that," he repeated, smiling mischievously. "It's about time I showed you what I can do, don't you agree?" Donnie watched Derek purse his lips and shrug. "I guess," he muttered dramatically. Donnie pushed his lips against Derek's, just to get him to shut up. He didn't need any more of that sass, as much as it did actually arouse him.

Unlike Derek, who wanted to get into his pants immediately, Donnie took his time allowing himself to explore his counterpart's body. He enjoyed the tension that taking his time caused. It drove Derek crazy, and that was how Donnie loved it. He could feel the other male's muscles tighten and contract under his fingers. He could feel his chest rise and fall with each hitched breath, and the best part, he could hear those frustrated noises Derek made worsen. It was perfect, but even Donnie knew when to stop teasing Derek. Slowly, Donnie let his hands trail down the lean teen's chest, stomach and hips, until they ran into jean and boxer material. Slowly he undid the buttons and zipper, and those were tossed aside, just like every shirt and pant before. Now it was his turn to stare Derek down with lustful eyes. He let his fingers trace around the hem of Derek's boxers, watching his face and ears redden and his expression contort into something desperate. It was... Cute and endearing. Donnie was beginning to feel lucky for seeing this more vulnerable side of Derek. Before going any further, he leaned over the other and leaned in to share a few heated kisses, while one hand was left on Derek's hip, his thumb making small circles across the soft, sensitive skin. The two enjoyed the passionate kisses in the dimly lit room, the added bonus being the sounds of Derek's desperation hanging in the still air. They were completely enthralled in each other's touch and heat and excitement, that they failed to notice something very, very important.

The front door opening. Donnie's parents coming home. Entering the living room. And looking completely and utterly shocked at what they saw playing out on their couch.

"Don Micheal Fitch, what the hell do you think you're doing!?"

The strong, stern male voice nearly made Donnie jump out of his skin, and he was almost certain he bit Derek's lip to death. Hence the squeal that came from his boyfriend's pained mouth. Donnie would have apologized, but he was so absolutely petrified that he no longer knew how to speak. All he could do was scramble off of Derek and grope about for his clothes. When he managed to grab his jeans he slipped them on, hoping that they helped hide the issue within his boxer that he hadn't been able to take care of.

"Do you care to explain yourself!?" His father boomed, eyeing the two furiously as they clambered off of the couch and struggled to get the rest of their clothes back on. Donnie tried to speak, but all that came tumbling out was a bunch of jumbled up gobbledygook.  With an outfit that was barely put together, Donnie finally braved a look at his two parents. His mother looked crushed. Absolutely devastated. She had tears in her eyes. And his father... His father was so visibly angry, he looked like a volcano ready to explode. His face was even the right color red, and his fists were clenched so tightly there was a possibility his own finger nails might pierce the skin of his palms. For the first time in Donnie's life, he was afraid for his own safety, as well as Derek's.

"Why are you guys home so early??" He finally blurted, his brain suddenly functioning again and spewing the one thing that was screaming from the inside. He looked to his mother, who was sobbing and sniffling into a hankie. "The show you sent us to was cancelled. We called you to tell you we'd be home much earlier, but I guess you didn't get it since... Since you were... Busy!" Suddenly she let loose like a faucet, the tears streaming down her face in rapid succession. Donnie's dad pointed an accusing finger at the two boys. "I'll have you two know I'm absolutely livid. We'll talk about this in the morning. If I even continue looking at you I fear I might do something I regret." Donnie watched his dad speak through clenched teeth, anger seething from every pore. Each word felt like poison sinking into an already open and fatal wound.

Without giving either Donnie or Derek another glance, Mister Fitch led Misses Fitch up stairs and to their room. Both Donnie and Derek could clearly hear the muffled screaming, crying and stomping that was going on within the married couple's room.

Derek turned to look at an utterly horrified Donnie. "Dude. We are so fucked."

Donnie fell to a sitting position on the couch. Pressing his elbows against his knees, he let his face hide behind his hands. "Derek... That's an understatement."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 784 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...
12.2K 182 24
Alex returns to his home town or now city. It's his first time in university, with his old best friend Leah. He finds himself stuck with a roommate...
13.9M 510K 69
The same cliche story of a nerd and jock falling in love. But what happens when the nerd turns out to be a boy that doesn't take shit from anybody an...
48.4K 1.3K 19
One day when wail on his way to the lunch room Krist bumps into The Demon Prince Mike, knocking him down. Caught off guard by how cute Krist was, Mik...