Why am I Falling? || A Rierra...

By rierra4real

Is love at first sight real? Can you fall for someone by just giving them a simple look? In a way, that's exa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 11

323 12 10
By rierra4real

After finishing "wildflowers", they decided that it was time to watch a movie before dinner. It was around 4, so it was still kind of early to watch a movie, but since Ramin was starting to panic because a lack of other things to do he insisted to watch a movie. Their next problem was choosing a movie. Ramin didn't really know what Sierra liked to watch, and the thought that he would choose a movie by himself was outrageous.

- So, Sie, what do you wanna watch?

- I don't really know.

- What do you like watching? he tried.

She thought for a second and then was about to say something when she suddenly changed her mind. Then, it seemed like she considered saying it anyway.

- Well; she said timidly. I like watching movie musicals, you know like Funny Girl.

Her cheeks got a little pink tint and Ramin felt like hugging her. She was too cute for her own good.

- I like musicals, but I haven't really watched any movie musicals. But I don't see why not? he smiled.

- You like musicals?

- Yes, I do; he said, thinking about telling her of his failed carrier as an actor but decided to not do it.

- Do you like "Phantom of the Opera"?

- Yes! It's my favorite! I've watched it at least 25 times.

This wasn't a lie. He loved phantom with all his heart. It was the first musical he had ever seen and that had made him want to become an actor. When he still lived with his family, he would force his parents to go watch Phantom with him in their hometown in Canada, so 25 times was a minimum. Nowadays, he never could afford watching Phantom because his lack of money, but he was saving a little money to soon be able to watch it.

- Wow, Phantom is my favourite musical too. I heard that they made a it into a movie musical 2004, should we watch it? she asked.

- Yes, that sounds great, if you want to?

- I wouldn't have asked otherwise; she laughed as Ramin started searching for the movie on Netflix.

It didn't take long for him to find it, so they quickly brought the cupcakes from the fridge to the couch to have as snacks. Then they made themselves comfortable in the couch as the movie started. To make themselves comfortable meant that Ramin had his arm around Sierra's waist and her head rested against his shoulder. How this happened, he had no idea, however, he had the time of his life. His heart was up in his throat, beating too fast for its own good, making bruises on his inside. He also felt that his face was uncomfortably hot. He felt lucky that the movie was on though, because Sierra had her attention focused on it and didn't notice his beet red face.

It turned out that the movie wasn't very good. Well, it couldn't be bad because it was Phantom. However, according to them the actors didn't sing very well, and their voices didn't have much emotion. And because the voices and emotions are important in a musical and especially a musical like Phantom, they were quite disappointed. The only thing that made the movie really worth watching was that because both loved the musical, they were able to quote like every line and sing along to every song throughout the movie. So, even if the movie wasn't great the whole movie experience was.

His favorite song to sing with her was "The Point of no Return". Sierra sang this song more beautiful than anything he had heard her sing before, and he felt like this song sounded good when he sang it too. He knew that it was kind of wrong to like to sing that song with her, thinking about what it is about, but "The Phantom's" part in this song described what he wanted. It was still wrong though, he should stop thinking about it, but once a thought is planted inside your head it's impossible to get rid of it.

As the movie ended, both of them felt like it soon should be time for dinner. None of them were really hungry yet, but it felt like dinner-time. Also, the food would take about an hour to cook in the oven so they would eventually be hungry when the food was done. Therefore, Ramin went into the kitchen, with Sierra right behind him, to put the food into the oven.

After preparing the food they sat down at the kitchen table to wait for it to be done. Since Ramin wasn't very wealthy, he didn't have the money to buy any type of stereo and therefore they couldn't listen to music. Therefore, the room was now filled with a pressing silence. Sierra probably noticed this too because she looked up and met his gaze as she said:

- Ramin...

- Yes?

- When we sang earlier you sounded really good, as in "you must have been trained because you can't sing this good otherwise"-good.

Ramin didn't know what to say. Yes, he was trained as a singer, but did he really want to tell her about his failed life? Would she laugh at him? Even if he didn't want to tell her he didn't want to lie, it's always wrong to lie. If he didn't answer soon she would think that he was stupid and would never want to talk to him again. But how was he supposed to answer? She didn't really ask him, she just stated.

- Thank you, I guess. You're very good too, just like an angel.

- Thank you too. But are you trained? she pushed.

- Well, yes. I am trained.

- But why aren't you working with it? You would make a great Phantom, or Jean Valjean. To be honest, you would make every role great.

Well, now he had to tell her. Ughh, why God?

- Are you sure you wanna know about my failed life? he said, trying to joke a little.

- Your life is not failed; she replied, dead serious. You have a place to live and a job, that's not a failed life to me.

- You are the first one I'm telling this to, so please don't hate me.

- Why would I hate you?

He sighed. It was now or never, just do it Ramin!

- I was 12 when I saw my first musical; he started, his heart racing in his chest. It was on a school trip and we watched Phantom, with Colm Wilkinson as our Phantom. Ever since then I knew that I wanted to work as an actor.

He didn't dare to look at Sierra because he was scared of her reaction, but she remained quiet, so he took it as a que to continue.

- Therefore, after high school, I went to a musical theatre college. I had a lot of fun and of course learnt a lot. I really loved performing. Right after college I auditioned for a role, but I was too young, so I didn't get it. After that I decided to not continue because I clearly wasn't prepared, and I didn't have the experience. Therefore, I moved to New York and started working at the museum.

Finally, he dared to look up at her and she didn't look so happy. In fact, she looked quite mad.

- Ramin; she said after a moment. Are you serious?

- About what? he hesitantly asked.

- That you quit acting because you didn't get ONE role?

- Yes...

Now Sierra looked really mad. What was it he said? He shouldn't have told her.

- Ramin Karimloo. How can you waste that talent of yours? she practically screamed. You were given a gift and you just throw it away! How could you? Just because you didn't get the first role you auditioned for doesn't mean that you're not good enough. People audition for several different musicals to get a minor role and you just give up on your first try. You should be ashamed of yourself for doing that.

Ramin didn't know what to say. He didn't expect her to become mad because of that.

- But it's true, I'm not good enough to be an actor.

- Ramin, you are enough. You are SO enough, it's unbelievable how enough you are, and I truly mean it. It doesn't matter that you were turned down once. If it wouldn't be the Independence Day today I would have forced you to audition for every role there is on Broadway, I promise you.

- Thank you; he said, trying to process all she had just said. Sie, why do you have such faith in me?

She gave him a warm smile which made his intestines squirm in happiness.

- Because you are great and so enough. It's important to believe in yourself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.1K 878 23
a boy meets a girl at a coffee shop, and never gets her name. zerkaaHD fanfiction.
31 2 1
Caspian was a barista by day and a drag racer by night... and he was damn well good at it. That was, until The Starry Racer started to make his life...
77.6K 2.7K 20
18+ warning What's not to love about a coffee shop? Fresh roasted beans, fluffy pastries, and a girl looking for the love of her life. Not just her...
Obsession By m0th

Fanfiction

5.2K 149 24
This book goes out to Sophie, @frankierosapple_ It all started off innocent, he was the cute guy that showed up one day and became a regular at her...