Crossing Paths~

By Fallenangel160

Meet Stella Rodriguez, a typical high school loner, who is in for a wild ride when the new bad boy, Charlie S... More

Crossing Paths~
Day 1~
Day 2~
Day2~
Day3~
Day3~
Day4~
Day4~(nighttime)
Day5~
Day5~
Day6~

Day6~ The play~

233 13 5
By Fallenangel160

*Day6*

7: 17

I was shaking. I felt my palms sweating. I was backstage in the cafeteria, in my golden and red dress. This dress, I swear....was making me all sweaty. I could already hear the people coming in and taking their seats from behind the curtain. I was so nervouse.

I swear, I can have a mental breakdown right here, right now, with everything thats happened. I just prayed that Charlie would show up, and owuldnt let me down.

I mean, I told him how I felt...Isnt that what he wanted to hear?

Please come, Charlie...This play needs you...

...I need you...

I sighed, peeking my head out frmo the curtain. At least fifty people were in their seats already. THe play doesnt start for another thirteen minutes.

My heart was racing, frantically thudding against my chest. I felt my palms and the top of my forehead sweating crazy. I checked a mirror just to make sure my makeup was still on.

"Stella! Stella come here!" I heard my name being called. I turned around. There, stood the theater art club teacher, her hand on Zachery's shoulder. "Meet the new Chase."

My eyes widened at him. "You act?"

He smiled a bit shy. "Yea...I've always loved acting."

I just gave my best smile at him. "Okay, well, maybe we should warm up before we go on..."

"Yeah, sure thing." He took his script out of the back pocket of his royal prince costume, and we walked over closer to the curtains, and rehearsed.

Rehearsing it with Zach was fun, but I didnt feel as close with him as I did with Charlie. Maybe Charlie was right, us kissing made us closer in some way, even if I didnt know it then. And Zach was a good actor, I was confident that the play would go well, but I really just wanted Charlie to be here, whether he was playing Chase or not. 

I checked one last time to see if Charlie was in the audience. I scanned the entire place, all of the seats, and I still couldnt find him.  My heart sunk even deeper into my chest, if that was even possible. Lately, my hearts been so fragile that I swear I wouldnt be suprised if it wasnt even in my chest anymore.

"PLACES PEOPLE!"

I jumped, and turned to find everyone running to the sides of the stage, to get to their places. Everything was happening so fast, and I wasnt completely sure I could do this anymore...

"Stella, Come on!" I heard Zack call me to the side of the stage.

I began to panic. I was already starting to foget my lines...

Charlie, come back...

"Stella, come on! The plays starting!"

Please...

I ran to the oppisite side of the stage from where Zack was. I looked out from in the darkness of the sidelines, out into the audience. It was dark out there, there was at least three hundred people.

I gulped.

I cant do this.

I felt a push on my back to ge to get there already. I slowly, stepped one foot out, may heart ready to break it was knocking so hard against my chest. I felt like all of my makeup was sweating off. I felt the back of my neck collecting strands of hair due to the sweat.

I stepped out into the spotlight.

Zach stepped out.

We continued walking towards eachother to the point where the tips of our toes were touching, like it says in the script, and gazed at each other.

It felt so...fake.

I swalloed the brick that was cutting off my oxagyn, and began my lines. "Chase... Why did you ask to meet me here?" I spoke with concern, with emotion.

Because honestly, I was so emotional right now.

"Liza, I must tell you something. I will not repeat my words, so listen closely." He spoke firm and loud, so that the audience could here.

I held back a long, tired sigh. "Anything, my prince, you can tell me anything..."

He put his lips to my ear and whisper, "I do not love you. You are as useless as my butler...you are nothing."

I gulped. "H-How...can you say that?"

He pulled away from my ear. "I dont love you. I love another."

I cringed my face, trying my best to look overwhelmed, whish I was, my best to look sad, which I was, and my best to look heartbroken, which I already was.

And then, suddenly, I could hear running footsteps from the audience. Both Zach and I looked out from under the spotlight, down into the crowd of people.

And my heart stopped.

It was Charlie. He was running through an open spaced aisle through all of the people, looking striaght at me.

Okay, NOW my heart was about to give out. He ran, and ran, and the closer I got, the more confused I became.

What is he planning to do?

It doesnt matter...He's here! And Now I know that...I love him...

He reached the stage, and jumped on.

Man, you should've seen the audience's faces. They all looked so confused, like "Is this part of the show?"

It wasnt.

The play just became real.

He slowly rose to his feet, his darting green eyes looking right into mine. Slowly, he walked forward, looking at nothing else but me. And I looked at nothing else but him.

We could still hear the audience in confusion, but I didnt care.

"Uhhhh..." Zack began to mumble... "Aiden! My brother! You've returned home from the long war!"

"What?" Charlie spun around, and I was hurt his broke eye contact with me, but at the same time, I was confused at what Zack had jsut said.

"Play along," Zack whispered through his teeth, then rose his voice firmly and strongly again. "How was war?!"

I knew what was going on now. "Y-Yes, Aiden....How was war?" I asked loudly enough.

He looked away from Zach, and directly at me. He looked down at me, since he was tall and everything, his face right in mine, his forehead an inch away from mine.

"It was...awful..." He said, gently.

"A-And why is that?" I oculd barely talk. I was shaking all over.

"Because," He began, "I couldnt see you..."

My mouth flew open. "B-But....before you left...you ignored me..."

He looked stunned for a second that I was bringing the last six days into the play, but went along with it, "Well, that's simply because I like you too much, and had no idea how to tell you."

My knees were wobbling.

Charlie...

"I didnt think you liked me back..." He whispered, his hot breath melting me away.

"I do," I said clearly, sure of my feelings, a smile appearing on my face, I was ready for this, I wanted him, "I didnt notice at first. But...as soon as you started...ignoring me...I just realized that...I...love you."

I heard the both the audience, and Zack, gasp and look confused. Obvously, they all read the pamplets about how this was some silly love triangle between Liza, Chase, and the other girl.

I think this play is much, much better.

He looked stunned, as if he didnt know what to say.

They spotlgiht was right on us. And everything else around us faded into darkness. Right now, It was just Charlie and I.

"No one's ever said that to me-

"I just did." I smiled, a giggled falling off my lips.

This time, I was the one who moved closer, If that was even possible, and I was the one who made our lips meet. They met in perfect harmony, and neither one of us pulled back. Slowly, gently. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer into him. I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders, and played with his hair.

He bit the bottom of my lip so gently. This is what I'd call a play.

And just like that, the curtains began to fall. And from the other side, the audience stood in amusement, and clapped.

Charlie pulled away for a second, his forehead resting on mine. "I'm sorry I ignored you...I was just mad."

"You had every right to be. You didnt deserve that."

He grinned, and hugged me tightly. I sighed, one fo relief, happyiness. I smiled so big I felt like my face would come off.My heart finally felt back in place. Well, it was still thudding so hard...

****************************************************************************************************************

A month Later:

We were both offerered scolerships to great colleges for acting. We waited until the end of high school to accept.

Everyday with Charlie is magical. Everywhere we go, we see the sailboat following us.

Charlie taught me something. He taught me thats its okay to be cheesy.

He showed me everything new. Changed my thoughts around. No more negitave thoughts. No more wanting to leave the city, because thanks to Charlie, I got to see it when it was just perfect.

~Thanks for reading this far!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.4K 38
Best friends to lovers #1 unrequited love •Completed• Stella Wood's life has been anything but easy. She's been subjected to constant bullying becaus...
1.1K 53 46
(Squeal to It started with the Bad Boy) Last year of high school finally came for the lost girl, she found her true love which turned to be a mistake...
69.2K 1.9K 34
Charlotte coleman a badass who doesn't care about the rules or people becomes friends with a group of guys after she found out the one girl she could...
1.6M 59.7K 29
After the death of her dad Hayley has to start over in a brand new town and a brand new school. She's a troublemaker, it's in her blood to think she...