Ever Met A Mutant? - Charles...

De NamelessWriter23

It all began in Oxford... Evelyn Hart was a university student at Oxford studying history. One day she hoped... Mais

Disclaimer/Author's Note/Cast
EVER MET A MUTANT?
Chapter One - Another Mutant
Chapter Two - Telepathic Conversations
Chapter Three - The Library
Chapter Four - Can I Trust You, Charles?
Chapter Five - A Moment To Effect Everything
Chapter Six - A Game Of Chess
Chapter Seven - A Kiss
Chapter Eight - A Year Goes By
Epilogue - A Bright Future
THE BEGINNING
Prologue - 1944
Chapter One - Groovy Mutation
Chapter Two - Professor

Chapter Nine - A Question

3.1K 102 4
De NamelessWriter23

Charles' family home, England, 1954

With university having finished Charles had returned to his family home and Evelyn had agreed to spend some time with him there. The pair of them were practically living together. Evelyn found Charles' family home to be gorgeous and homely, she could only hope one day she owed a house that was just as beautiful. But there was one problem. Evelyn had noticed that Charles was acting very strange lately. He was keeping something from her and Evelyn couldn't figure out what to save her life. It was really starting to worry her as awful thoughts began running through her head - was something wrong with Charles' health? Was there something wrong with Raven? Was he mixed up in something bad?

Evelyn really didn't think that was the case however the thoughts began to run through her mind, she tried to avoid it, she tried to ignore it but they were always there. Charles clearly was frustrated about something but would not talk to her about it, he used to always come to her when he was frustrated. He had started snapping at her when she took his jackets before he would search the jacket like he was hunting for something ... something he didn't want her to find. He was becoming distant and whispering between himself and his sister which was fine except for the fact that they both would abruptly stop talking when she entered a room.

Evelyn had tried to subtly ask Charles what was going on but he never answered her. She had even debated using his telepathy against him to read his mind, however, the pair of them had agreed not to read one another's minds unless given permission first. So that left Evelyn with one option she was just going to outright question him on his actions. Quickly, Evelyn had learnt that one of Charles' favourite places at home was the library in where the walls were filled with books - Evelyn too had fallen in love with the room. In knowing this, Evelyn made her way through the house to the library where she hoped she would find the man she loved and would get some answers. She stopped just outside the library's door looking at the wood with uncertainty. She needed answers but ... would she like the answers she got?

Sighing but straightening her spine Evelyn walked into the library, gently closing the door behind her upon seeing Charles sitting in one of the armchairs a biology book in his lap. Reading for fun, only Charles read non-fiction for fun. For a moment, Evelyn stood and studied Charles. He was everything she had ever wanted and yet ... she feared that everything she knew was wrong. Suddenly, Charles lifted his gaze and spotted Evelyn in the room with him. His face immediately lit up with a smile upon seeing her but Evelyn did not return the smile, was it all just an act?

"Love, what's wrong?" Charles asked, instantly getting to his feet, placing his book on the table and making his way over to her. Evelyn stood completely still fighting with herself whilst Charles ran his hands from her shoulders to her hands and took a hold of them. Looking up at him Evelyn felt stupid and concerned and everything in between.

"What are you hiding? And don't say you aren't hiding anything because I know you are" Evelyn stated looking up at him with fear in her eyes, she didn't know what was wrong and it scared the hell out of her. "Over the last few months, last weeks especially, you have been acting strange and ... my mind is racing over what could be wrong so just ... just tell me because I'm starting to think some pretty worrying things." Charles' face dropped at her confession, he hadn't even noticed his behaviour changing. He had become so focused on the perfect proposal he hadn't seen the stress he was causing her but he didn't know how to tell her without ruining his proposal. His silence made Evelyn's mind race faster. Suddenly, she stepped back and began to pace in the library. "Is it your health? Are you sick?"

"No" Charles answered as he helplessly watched Evelyn panic.

"Is Raven?"

"No everyone's fine, love it-"

"Are you in some sort of trouble?"

"No-"

"Then what is it?! Clearly I am overthinking this or reading into something that's not there. I'm not ... I know you're hiding something" Evelyn snapped as tears began to gather in her eyes. Charles stood completely shocked, he had not expected this and it seemed more and more likely that he was going to have to explain. She had to ask, she didn't want to but she couldn't think of what else it could be. As the words slipped passed her lips all she could think was 'please say no, please say no'. "Are ... a-are you cheating me?"

"What? No, god, no, no, no" Charles practically ran to her side. He had really messed this up. Quickly, he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly as she began to cry into his chest. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I didn't know that I had pushed you to thinking that. I just ... Raven's right, I really messed this up."

"What?" Evelyn questioned as she pulled back. Charles looked to the ground sighing before he pulled his gaze back up to her and wiped her cheeks clear of the tears.

"I just wanted it to be perfect and I was completely overthinking it" Charles started completely losing Evelyn from the start. She had no idea what was going on. The confusion was clear on her face. "Look into my mind." That shocked Evelyn.

"What?"

"I want you to know what's been going on and for you to truly understand you need to see it" Charles explained simply. Evelyn nodded her head but was still shocked, he hadn't given her permission to see inside his head ever. With a frown still in place, Evelyn closed her eyes and concentrated on using Charles' telepathy. She quickly found Charles' mind and entered it, the ease of which told Evelyn that Charles was helping her into his mind, not a single block in place.

Suddenly, the young mutant was bombarded with memories over the last few months. She watched in utter shock as she saw Charles retrieving his Grandmother's ring from the safety deposit box they had in the house - she knew how much the ring meant to him. She proceeded to watch as he watched her, she heard ever thought he had as he watched her do menial things - she heard the love he had for her in every thought. She then watched as Charles stressed over ... how to ask her to marry him! There were dozens upon dozens of memories of him struggling to find the perfect way, talking to Raven about it, arguing with Raven about it. She even watched the moment Raven found out about his plans and the moment he asked for her hand from her mother, she saw the relief he had when her mother said yes. She even watched as he panickily searched the jackets she had tried to steal, revealing the ring to have been in one of the pockets.

Everything made sense. He couldn't talk to her because it was about proposing, he didn't want her to wear her jackets because the ring was inside the pocket, Raven and himself would stop talking when she entered the room because they were talking about the proposal. He was hiding something, he was hiding his proposal.

Slowly, she retreated from his mind, a tear rolling down her face as she realised how much this man loved her. He had been so worried about it being perfect for her. He cared so much. Opening her eyes for a moment, Evelyn saw Charles face filled with worry, regret and despair. With a smile, Evelyn cupped his face and brought their lips together gently, sharing the love she felt for him.

"I'm sorry" Charles started after she pulled back, he still felt incredibly awful for his behaviour, that he hadn't even realised how bad he had been.

"It's ok, I overreacted."

"No, you didn't" Charles said before he suddenly reached into his trouser pocket, he slowly pulled out the damn ring he had been carrying for months - the ring that should have been on Evelyn's finger a long time ago. Evelyn's face lit up as she noticed the ring, a ring she had always found gorgeous. "Well, now you know ... and I don't want to wait because I want to marry you and there is no perfect way of asking. So..." Evelyn bit her lip as Charles lowered himself down onto his knee before her, she was trying very hard to not cry at that moment. "Evelyn Hart, would you do me the great honour of becoming my wife?" Smiling, Evelyn slowly dropped to her knees as well before she grabbed his spare hand and placed his fingertips to her temple.

"Look into my mind" she said. The fact she didn't answer worried Charles but he did as she asked. Immediately he was swarmed by Evelyn's memories ... of him. It was his turn to hear the love she had for him. Charles watched in shock and awe as he saw her watching him, dancing with him, kissing him whilst hearing all the thoughts that occupied them. She loved him before they even kissed for the first time and he hadn't even known. The final memory she showed him was of her and her mother. Charles watched and listened as they discussed him, more importantly as Charlotte asked the all-important question: "Do you want to marry him?" and Evelyn's answer was simple and sweet. "More than anything."

Knowing Charles was coming out of her memories, Evelyn waited for him to say something. He knelt there with the biggest smile on his face. In memories one could not lie, thoughts could not be changed and he knew that, he knew that she truly thought those things each time she looked at him and knowing that ... it was the greatest feeling in the world. Without any words being said, Charles slipped his Grandmother's ring onto Evelyn's fourth finger. It was a perfect fit.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5.3K 100 50
Imagine a world where Charles Xavier has expanded his school for gifted children to include not only X-gene positive children, but children from all...
108K 3.4K 24
An X-Men FanFic - based off of First Class - originally published 2014, revised in 2019/20
58.6K 1.7K 13
Lei Watson was a water bender, and ever since she discovered that ability, she's wanted to do something great. But that dream died the day she was se...
118K 3K 27
COMPLETED 🔐 Charles Xavier (young) x reader, a story beginning in the movie timeline of first class and continue. "He gave you a family, he showed y...