Too Much Heart ~ Skyrim One S...

By liilopac

The world is doomed to its end, the return of Alduin casting a dark shadow over the war torn province. While... More

~|| Ulfric Stormcloak X Reader ||~

~||Farkas X Reader||~

599 20 6
By liilopac

She hadn't talked much to him, ever since she joined the companions she was very straightforward with him and would drop conversation quickly. He was one of the first faces she met that belonged to the companions and still she hadn't exactly tried to befriend him. He remembered coming across the women, her stubborn nature and defiant personality had frustrated him but intrigued him at the same time. She was as smart as a whip, clever and more of a talker like his brother. She wasn't a talker when it came to him though. It wasn't like they didn't spend time together either, they had gone on plenty of jobs for the companions together once she joined.

He had wondered if he scared her, he knew he could be quite brutish and intimidating. His brother had always been able to hold conversation with the young women, weather they spoke of books or battles. When he noticed them together Farkas would feel a sharp stab in his heart, like the blade of an assassin stabbing him through the chest invisibly. Perhaps it was jealousy, Vilkas always had her attention and it sparked something in Farkas. From what Farkas remembered he hadn't said anything rude to her, the few times they did talk he had been extremely kind.

He always had trouble with any conversation, no matter who it was he was always conflicted. He had words he wanted to say and words that actually came out, which would piece together sentences that made him seem unintelligent. He just never knew what to say to people but talking to Vilkas and Kodlak was no problem. They always knew what points he was trying to get across, no matter how poor his conversation skills were. He only wished {Y/n} was as easy to talk to, to get to know. Farkas rehearsed what he would say to her in his head over and over but never thought he had found the right words. Vilkas saw he had become even more troubled lately as this issue bothered Farkas more and more.

"Aye, you keep making that face and it'll stay like that." Vilkas was referring to his brother's expression while he ran over possible conversations in his head. Vilkas had seen that face before, mostly when Farkas had too much on his mind or was thinking about something important. Of course Farkas ignored his brother's remark, not even looking at him. He kept his gaze focused on the cracking fire of Jorrvaskr and his lack of response worried Vilkas. "What's going on in that head of yours?" Vilkas asked, this time getting an answer from his brother.

"I can't talk to her, don't know how." The brutish man said, he never broke his gaze from the fire. The mention of a her sparked interest in Vilkas, as well as surprise. To think his brother fancies a women made him laugh.

"Can't talk to who?" Vilkas chuckled, still obviously surprised but happy for Farkas.

Farkas debated on telling his brother the truth, taking a bit to respond. Vilkas waiting for his brother to respond, knowing it would take him a bit to find the right words. "{Y/n}" Farkas admitted, surprising Vilkas even more.

Vilkas had started to laugh again, {Y/n} had come to him with a similar problem once. She had enjoyed Farkas's company but hadn't known how to talk to him. She came to him for guidance and Vilkas tried his best to help. He assumed she hadn't used any of the help he gave her, seeing as Farkas was now troubled with the same issue.

Seeing Vilkas laugh at his issues had angered Farkas, making him finally look at his brother. "It's not funny." He growled. "I'll figure out what to do alone."

"No no, you just don't know what I know." Vilkas said, stopping him from leaving the table. "I want to help you Farkas."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She returned to Jorrvaskr within a day after the two brothers conversation. The young women had taken a work from Vilkas, kill an escaped fugitive before he made it across the province. It had been easy enough, on horseback she caught up quickly and her tracking skills made it hard for her to lose him. She had caught him within a day, taking breaks only for her horse to drink and rest. Overall he took more breaks then she did, sealing his fate.

Sadly Vilkas failed to mention the fugitive had been suffering from vampirism. It was still nothing she couldn't handle but put up more of a challenge. She had no fear of contracting the disease since her moon born blood protected her. She was running on little rest throughout it all, her lycanthropy keeping her from any good sleep. It felt good to be back, somewhere she could get as much sleep as she needed.

Before she could rest she had to speak to Vilkas, inform him she had completed the job and whatnot.

After a bit of searching she found him in the courtyard. He had been sitting crisscross on the ground across from Farkas. They seemed to be talking about something, focusing. {Y/n} waited until Vilkas noticed her, not wanting to interrupt the two. Villas gestured for her to come closer, which she did. She looked down at the two since they still sat on the ground.

"I caught the fugitive." She said, seeing she had Vilkas's attention.

"Aye, here's your pay. Now go get yourself cleaned up, you look like you tussled with a bear." Villas gestured to her appearance after tossing her the coin purse with the reward in it. Her hair was a mess, skin bruised, eyes darken from exhaustion. To Farkas she looked like a true warrior, he had trouble looking away.

Once she left Vilkas turned to his brother again. "Go on lad, use what I've taught you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farkas took in a deep breath just before he turned into the hallway that connected to {Y/n}'s room. His thoughts started to get the best of him again, many of them pushing away everything Vilkas told him to say. This caused a panic to arise within him, his heart beat speeding up. He tried his best to remember what Vilkas taught him but it seemed too late, he had already been standing in the doorframe to her room.

{Y/n} had been sitting on her bed, pulling off her clunky steel boots just before she noticed Farkas. He looked lost, taking in a breath before speaking. "How was the job?" He asked, even though he asked a simple question he seemed unsure of each word that came out of his mouth. She'd smile warmly, she enjoyed his presence and was slightly surprised to see he had sought her out just to make small talk. Though she didn't mind when he was quite around her, in fact she welcomed it. Farkas was the only one of the companions that she hadn't need keep up conversation with, and it was nice to just enjoy each other's company.

"It went well, though Vilkas hadn't told me the fugitive was a vampire." She said, rolling her eyes at the end. "I swear to Talso, that man always forgets the crucial details."

Farkas chuckled but was still as tense as ever. He felt himself began to sweat underneath his heavy steel armour, his nervousness growing.

He took a second to think of something else to say, which {Y/n} took notice of. She could almost see the gears clicking in his head, like a well maintained dwemer machine. While he thought she took off her gauntlets, clenching her fist once to loosen the muscles in her fingers. Farkas watched her, noticing the bruises on her arms. "He do that?" The warrior asked, kneeling down to look at her arms better.

She nodded, holding her arm out to him so he could look better. His callused fingers touched the bruise gently making her flinch. "Sorr-." He went to apologize and pull his hand away but she grabbed it, cutting him off in the process. "It's okay." She reassured him, easing the thought in his head that he had hurt her.

She went to take off her breast plate since the metal contraption made her quite uncomfortable. Obviously having trouble Farkas helped her, undoing the binds she couldn't reach. She'd thank him before stretching out her arms, now free from the heavy material.

"He did a number on you." Farkas said, his eyes roaming over the vast amounts of bruises littering her skin. She had bore older scars as well, many that matched those of any warrior. "Magic user?" He asked, looking back at her face for a moment before the bruises once again.

"Yeah...Nearly drained me to death." She'd mumble. The vampire had used mostly drain life, which had exhausted her physically but pushed her on mentally. She knew if she had given up she would of become his next snack.

Farkas let his eyes wander to a larger scar she bore on her right arm. Three almost straight scars staining her skin, leaving an indent where said skin was shredded. He had recognized this type of scar, judging from the size and shape it was from the swipe of a bear's claw. He'd gesture to the scar before speaking. "That's nothing compared to what I got." He said, finally feeling relaxed with the women. He had found something he was quite passionate about, battle scars.

She chuckled before shaking her head, she hadn't believed him. "I doubt it."

Without another word he removed his bulky chest plate. Once he rid himself of it he lifted up the thin shirt and turned, exposing the large gash down his back. {Y/n} let her eyes wander, gazing over the muscles in his shoulders to where the indent of the large scar crossed over. On instinct she touched it, noting how deep it was. The bear had gotten him good. Farkas clenched his jaw slightly before almost leaning into the feeling of her finger tips grazing over his skin.

"Okay, you're right...How'd you get this?" She asked.

Farkas turned back around and let his shirt fall back into place. "I was on my way back to Jorrvaskr from a job with Vilkas and we set up camp for the night to rest. I got my armour off then the damn bear attacked." He said as he put his chest plate back on. "I was lucky Vilkas was there."

She nodded then parted her mouth in a quick yawn. Farkas took this as a sign to leave, like Vilkas had told him; know when to end a conversation. He backed up to the door then shifted awkwardly. "I'll let you get some rest." He told her.

"I like talking to you, this has been the highlight of my week. Honestly Farkas...You're a lot better at conversation then you give yourself credit for." She said and shifted over from where she sat on her bed. {Y/n} patted the spot next to her. "Come sit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had talked for what seemed like hours, {Y/n} growing more tired as it went on. It wasn't long until she found herself dozing off. The sweet embrace of sleep seeming evermore promising. She enjoyed listening to him speak of what his childhood was like and what he was passionate about so she fought the urge to sleep more and more. This had only lead to her downfall, where she in the end laid down and had basically fallen asleep on her shield brother. Farkas had been too captivated in conversation to notice her leaning on him and letting herself drift off into the land of dreams.

Once he did notice he moved so she could lay down on her bed more comfortably. Though getting up would prove difficult for him, she had wrapped her arms around his waist like a belt and when he'd try to leave she'd stir. After a few more futile attempts he gave up. He removed the bulky armour he wore carefully so he didn't wake her. When he laid down he realized just how long they'd been talking for, he felt tired. He hadn't known if it was from all the activity his mind had done in their conversation or from just how late it had gotten. He would assume it was both. Before long he too had fallen asleep, the warmth he felt from holding her in his arms making his sleep peaceful.

They had both experienced an amazing rest that night. No nightmares of Hircine plaguing their once peaceful dreams. They both felt rested to the fullest content. This feeling rarely occurred with those moon born.

{Y/n} was the first to wake up. She opened her eyes to be met with a broad and muscular chest, covered by a tight, white shirt. She'd struggle slightly to move from the mans tight embrace on her, waking him in the process.

Groggily Farkas sat up, realizing he wasn't in his own bed. He turned his head to {Y/n} and she slipped out of the bed, stepping over Farkas discarded armour. She splashed her face with the water she had left in her canteen from her trip the pervious day to wake her up properly and turned to Farkas, dabbing her face with a cloth from her side table. "...How'd you sleep?" She asked, trying to break the awkward tension within the room.

"Oddly...I slept really well." He admitted. He scratched the back of his head and looked away, blushing lightly. He felt out of place and didn't know what to say.

"Me too." She said with a smile, she hadn't felt that refreshed in ages. The girl began gathering his armour, setting it on the best beside him. He watched her put her own armour back on before beginning to put his on. They had helped each other secure it properly, fixing the leather straps that kept the armour in place, the ones neither of them could reach easily on their own. The room was rather silent, neither of them having anything to speak. Though Farkas nor {Y/n} cared, the girl had always enjoyed the comfortable silence with Farkas.

Once they finished they left the room to go eat the days first meal. When entering the mead hall Farkas was greeted by his brother's smirk. The two parted ways as Farkas went to sit beside Vilkas, while {Y/n} sat with Alea.

"So how'd it go?" Vilkas asked, his tone reeking with interest. The man went to take a sip of his mead while he waited for Farkas to answer.

"We slept together."

Vilkas began to choke. He spat out his mead, the liquid spraying into the fire. "Lad, I said to talk to her." Vilkas said in between gasps for air once he cleared his throat.

"I did talk to her, we just fell asleep." Farkas clarified, slightly putting his brother at ease. It wasn't the Vilkas didn't want that for Farkas, he just hoped he would slowly ease into activities like that with women. "It wasn't what you think it was." Farkas said, his gaze narrowed slightly.

Vilkas had cleaned up the little mess he made with the mead in the wake of the news. He had shrugged off his brother's glare, moving on to another topic while they ate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next night Farkas tossed and turned in his own bed. The fur bedding stuck to his skin as he would sweat, making him uncomfortable. Vilkas had slept soundly, unknowingly to his brother's discomfort. The bed had felt too hot so he tossed the fur blankets off, then he had felt too cold so he pulled them back on. He groaned, stuck in an endless cycle. Even with all his thrashing Vilkas hadn't woken, sleeping soundly at the other side of the room. Farkas sat up on the bed, throwing his legs over the side so his feet touched the ground. He brushed his fingers through his hair in frustration, he wanted to sleep, needed to sleep. With each time he managed to close his eyes, Hircine greeted him within dreams, making him wake again.

He decided he had enough of tossing and turning so he stood. Farkas walked down the hallway of Jorrvaskrs living quarters, stopping once he got to the room he spent the previous night in. He noticed the flickering of light from the crack between the door and the floor. He assumed she was still awake, perhaps she was having the same troubles he was.

He knocked on the door, his knuckles making contact with the wood twice. The light seen from under the door revealed a shadow as {Y/n} opened the door, holding it open enough for her head to peak out. She tilted her head before she spoke, confusion evident in her voice. "Farkas?" She asked, opening the door a bit more.

"I can't sleep." He said simply.

"Neither can I..." She said with a sigh, her restless sleep had returned.

"Can we...Talk again?" He asked and swallowed a lump in his throat.

She chuckled then opened the door fully. "Of course we can, I like talking to you."

She let him inside then closed the door behind him not to wake anyone else sleeping in Jorrvaskr with their conversation. Farkas glanced at the table in the room, his eyes landing on large number of books. The books pages had been mostly scribbled on or black out, text was elegantly written in the margins. There was another book, a journal, it had neat handwriting across its pages. He walked closer and began to read the book, to the best of his ability.

'Perhaps I'm the fool for listening, Alea says the old man is driving himself insane trying to find a cure. Why am I encouraging him? I agreed to help but my efforts have lead to no answers, just more questions. It's been increasing difficult to deal with, last night was the first time I've slept well before I accepted the blessing. Being in the company of Farkas had eased my beast spirit, something I'd welcome more of. A man of few words had been able to soothe a beast, perhaps he thinks about a lot more then we give him credit for. I wish I knew how to talk to him more, to build a real relat-.'

{Y/n} snatched the journal off the table and closed it, tossing it into the end table by her bed. She crossed her arms then turned to Farkas. "Snoop." She huffed before she stared to clean up the table.

"Your looking for a cure?" He asked.

She nodded and sat on the side of the bed, her exhaustion finally taking over. Farkas sat next to her, much how they sat the other night. "It's a request from Kodlak, I've read hundreds of books but I've turned up empty." She said.

Farkas glanced at the books around the room, being able to see the covers of some of them. Many of them were on werewolves and deadra. While he was daydreaming {Y/n} laid down, just having him there had calmed her beast enough for her to relax. Farkas glanced at her, unsure of what to do.

"Come here you big oaf." She huffed then sat up just enough to pull him down with her. {Y/n} smiled as Farkas relaxed, snaking his large arms around her waist.

They had begun to talk about aimless topics, like battles, food, and personal experiences. Those personal experiences were their favorite to talk about, especially for Farkas. He enjoyed diving back into a time where Jergen was there, when he and Vilkas were young pups making a mess of Jorrvaskr. These talks continued on for many nights after, eventually Farkas stopped going to his own room entirely. He'd head straight to her room, seeing it had felt so natural now. Of course his brother noticed and he'd tease Farkas over it.

Vilkas had even gone as far to buy an amulet of Mara for his brother to give {Y/n}. This had set Farkas off, causing the two men to make a scene in Jorrvaskr. Farkas had grown embarrassed and defensive when it came to {Y/n} and Vilkas knew that.

Farkas had secretly kept the amulet, it had gotten him to think more about the situation. He knew how he felt about her now, he loved her. She eased his beast spirit and he felt she was easier to talk to now then even Vilkas. The rest of the inner circle saw how Farkas began to look at {Y/n}, all of them had been happy for him.

One night he showed up in front of {Y/n} door with the amulet in hand. He opened then door, keeping it hidden for now. Farkas hadn't knocked on the door anymore since he was there so frequently.

{Y/n} looked to the door when he came in, making her smile. Her smile dropped when she noticed he looked troubled, perhaps uneasy. She got up from the chair she sat on before and walked towards Farkas, seeing he hadn't bothered to sit but stand in the middle of the room. "What is it Farkas? Is everything okay?" She asked, worry laced her tone like that of a wife. She had always been concerned for him, even more now. Since she had grown closer to him she had an attachment to him and she didn't want to see anything trouble him anymore.

"Nothing is wrong." He said.

"Lies, you look like you've seen a ghost." {Y/n} said then tried to usher him to sit down. He held his ground though, unmoving from his spot.

"{Y/n}." Farkas said, his gaze focused on the young women.

She noticed his serious tone and focused her eyes on his. He took her hands in his and looked away, trying to figure out what to say.

"Tell me Farkas, whatever it is it'll be ok." She reassured, her voice soft as if she was scared he'd run away. Of course he thought about running away but it was too late for that now.

"...I want more...I don't want to just share a bed anymore, I want to share a life with you." He said, he closed his eyes to avoid her gaze as it turned to shock. "I want you to love me like I've grown to love you."

She chuckled, taking one of her hands out of his grasp to touch his face.

"I do love you Farkas." {Y/n} said just before gently pressing her lips to his. Farkas relaxed at the soft sensation, his arms wrapping around her.

"Can I move some of my stuff in here?" He asked.

"Of course."

A/N:
Message me for request.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 7.4K 52
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
117K 5.8K 55
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

116K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
961K 36.4K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...