The One Where They Fall

By theonewheree

Hi! This is a collection of Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice stories. The title is inspired by Friends, their thing... More

Beautiful
Oil and Water
Tonight You Belong To Me (Part 1)

Silver Lining

3.6K 112 63
By theonewheree

I'm a train about to crash
But you take me as I am
Through it all I know the sun will rise again
You are my silver lining

Sean and Kaycee ran out the stage hand in hand with the thundering applause from the audience still ringing in their ears. They had just finished their performance in the World Choreography Awards. They were not up for any awards, but at 19 and 18, they were the youngest performers that day.

Their duet to Silver Lining received recognition left and right after being uploaded as a concept video five months ago. It was special for Sean and Kaycee because it was the first public duet that they choreographed together.

As they headed backstage, they were bombarded by hugs and cheers by the other dancers who shared the stage with them.

"Congratulations!"

"We did it!"

"Thank you, Sean and Kaycee!"

The pair smiled at each other before calling everyone into a group hug, thanking them for their participation.

"Together, we made this routine magic and we made everyone in that room believe. Thank you, guys!" said Sean before everyone erupted to cheers.

Sean then pulled Kaycee further backstage and into their dressing room. Kaycee had only just closed the door before Sean engulfed her in a hug.

"Kaycee, I...we..." Sean couldn't even continue his sentence, burying his face into the crook of Kaycee's neck. He felt too much all at once, but mostly gratitude for the girl in front of him.

Kaycee's soft laughter and tight arms around him made him pull back and look at her face."We did it, Sean!"

Sean couldn't believe it. Here they were, dancing together as they always did, but this time sharing a stage they could only dream of as kids. Most importantly, they told a story that was truly theirs.

Sean looked at Kaycee intently, a soft smile on his face. Her hair was down in soft waves, framing her face. The only makeup she had on was some mascara and a sheen of gloss on her lips, making her eyes and lips pop.

Beautiful, Sean thought. Those thoughts have been naturally occupying his mind this past couple of months, and he realized that he didn't want to stop them.

"Thank you, Kaycee...thank you for trusting me," Sean said, his voice dropping into a soft murmur.

Sean sighed, his mind playing a slideshow of all the milestones of their friendship. From their competition days to being in immaBEAST, and experiencing fallen friendships, heartbreaks and World of Dance, they have gone through everything together.

And now there was this, arguably their biggest achievement to date.

He may have held her when people made fun of her costume at Showstopper and after Gabe abruptly ended their partnership, but she had become his anchor too. He recalled her stroking his hair as he cried on her lap after his grandmother's death and her support in every step of his physical therapy when he broke his arm during a rehearsal.

Kaycee Rice was everything, and Sean Lew needed her.

Kaycee brushed the hair that fell to his face and kept her hand on his cheek, bringing Sean back to the present. "I trust you more than anything. I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else."

They had never talked about what they were, but Sean often felt like they didn't need to. They both understood that they were much more than just friends. But lately, it has been harder for Sean to not find excuses to touch her or to not think that she's adorable when she's rambling about her day.

Sean looked deep into Kaycee's eyes and rested his forehead against hers. Kaycee said nothing, looking back at him just as intensely.

What are you trying to tell me, Kaycee? Maybe it's time for things to change between us...

Sean's eyes flickered between Kaycee's and her lips, silently asking for permission. Seeing Kaycee nod slightly, he slowly angled his face and leaned towards her. Before he could connect their lips, the door suddenly burst open, making the pair jump away from their embrace.

Tessandra Chavez enters the room with a big smile. "Sean! Kaycee! Come here, you two!"

Sean and Kaycee looked each other sheepishly before hugging Tessandra. Sean was slightly frustrated that his moment with Kaycee had been interrupted. Only when he felt Kaycee's nudge and saw her laugh at him did he realize that his frustration showed.

Tessandra had been an enormous help for Sean and Kaycee when they choreographed this piece. Ever since they worked on Station together, the pair had continued to work with her both privately and with the rest of Unity LA. Tessandra had given them countless pointers and suggestions to improve the partner work and chemistry behind this piece.

"Tessie! What's up?" asked Sean after pulling back.

"Some reps from Dance Central want to talk to you, kiddos, they want to interview you!"

Sean looked at Kaycee. Sean knew that interviews made Kaycee nervous; she was never the most confident when talking about herself and her achievements. She would much rather let her work speak for itself. Sean would often take the lead in interviews, especially when interviewers touched on the topic of their relationship.

Sean and Kaycee both know that they are intensely shipped by fans everywhere, and though they appreciated their fans' support, it often made Kaycee shy.

That is why Sean was taken aback when Kaycee took his hand and said, "Alright, take us to them, Tess!"

Tessandra led them outside to the main area, where they were greeted by a woman and two cameramen.

"Kate, this is Sean and Kaycee," introduces Tessandra to the woman. "And I'm off! I'll catch you kiddos later, okay?" Tessandra quickly disappeared into the crowd.

Kate, the interviewer, shook their hands profusely. "Hello Sean, Kaycee! I'm Kate from Dance Central. Your performance was absolutely stunning! Would you mind if I interviewed you for a bit?"

Kaycee surprised Sean once again by answering Kate without a trace of shyness. "Thank you so much, we appreciate it! Sure, we don't mind."

"Great! Sean, why don't you start us off by telling us what that piece was about?"

Sean took a deep breath. "Well, the song is about someone who has lost hope but finds it in another person. This piece is about finding that light at the end of the tunnel and rebuilding faith, and about how you can always stand back up with the right person by your side."

Sean's eyes drifted to Kaycee, who was already looking at him with the biggest smile on her face. Rainbows.

"You two portrayed that message beautifully. What was it like to show your choreography in this piece, Kaycee?" Kate turned to Kaycee.

"It felt so incredible to be able to build something special together with him. It felt so freeing to tell a story that was completely our own. I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else."

There it is again, she couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else. That was the second time Kaycee had said that today, and Sean felt his heart swell.

They then jumped into a conversation about the techniques in the dance and the dancers involved, both of them losing themselves in the interview as they explained the creative process behind the dance. The euphoria was high in the air, and they were proud of what they had created.

"To close this off, why don't you two tell me what the best thing about each other is?" asked Kate.

Sean didn't hesitate to start. "I've said this many times and I'll keep saying it, but seeing her every day inspires me. Her smile, her kindness...there's not enough words to describe how great she is." Kaycee giggled and looked down.

"What about you, Kaycee?"

"Umm...there are so many things, really." Sean felt the back of his neck warm up and threw his head back in laughter.

"But besides his genius mind and incredible talent, I love his big heart," said Kaycee.

Sean whipped his head to look at Kaycee. Love? The Kaycee he knew would never say anything like that in public, let alone in an interview, and it didn't seem like she was finished. Kaycee never failed to surprise him.

"He has the biggest, most humble, and most genuine heart. He never fails to show the people he loves how much he loves them, and it shows in everything he does. His heart inspires me, and he really is my silver lining." Kaycee looked up at him, smiling.

Sean felt like someone just threw a bucket of cold water on his head. He was overcome with emotion from her words, unable to say anything.

I love her.

"Kaycee, it looks like you've left him speechless!" laughed Kate.

Kaycee laughed along with her. "That's good, he always does that to me so it's time to do the same to him for a change!"

"That is absolutely right. Thank you, Sean and Kaycee, for your time! And congratulations once again for that amazing performance."

Sean was brought back to reality as they said their thank you's to Kate, and in a split second, he knew what he had to do. Sean grabbed Kaycee's hand and dragged her towards their dressing room, not saying a word.

"Sean!" Kaycee laughed as Sean pulled her inside the room, still not answering her.

"Sean! What's going on-"

Kaycee's words were cut short as Sean pushed her softly against the door and captured her lips with his.

Sean moved his lips slowly against hers while placing his hands on either side of her, smiling when he felt her kiss him back. Sean couldn't hold it back anymore; her words and that smile were too much for him to handle, and he just had to show her how he felt. Years of love and longing, culminated into this single moment.

Sean felt her hands snake behind his neck and running through his hair, and he groaned at the feeling. He swiped her bottom lip with his tongue, begging for entrance, and wasted no time in deepening the kiss when she gasped.

His hand ran to her waist, pulling her impossibly closer to him, Kaycee's little moans spurring him on. As the kiss grew more passionate, he could feel Kaycee giving as much as he was, and enjoying it just as much.

They wouldn't have stopped if it weren't for the necessity of air. Their kisses slowed down, and Sean gave soft, feather-light kisses on her lips before slowly pulling back.

Sean looked down at Kaycee, in awe at the sight of her; swollen lips, flushed cheeks, bright eyes and all.

"I love you, Kaycee. I'm in love with you, and you're my silver lining too."

Kaycee seemed to be in a daze until Sean mentioned silver lining.

"So that's what this is about, huh? Trying to one-up me and leave me speechless too?" Kaycee teased, stroking his cheeks.

Sean laughed, keeping his arms locked around her waist and kissing her forehead. There she goes again, surprising me.

"Oh shut up, Kayc."

Kaycee stood on her tiptoes and kissed him again, softly. "I love you and I'm in love with you too, Sean," she whispered when they broke apart.

Sean couldn't stop smiling. "Why did it take us this long, huh?"

Sean didn't give her time to answer as he kissed her again, swallowing her giggles.

___

Hi guys! This is my first time writing here on Wattpad. I've decided to write because I feel so inspired by all the talent in this fandom, and I want to contribute my two cents somehow.

This particular one-shot is inspired by two things: the song Silver Lining by Jacob Banks, which I highly recommend for you guys to listen, and me missing seeing Sean and Kaycee in interviews. Please, 2019 needs to be the year of more interviews from them!

What do you think? Please feel free to leave any comments and criticisms, and maybe suggestions for future one-shots! I appreciate it so much. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 24K 36
ပဲပြုတ်သည်ငပြူးနဲ့ ဆိုက်ကားဆရာငလူးတို့ရဲ့ story လေးတစ်ပုဒ်
Fate By Mani

General Fiction

335K 18K 96
fate : be destined to happen, turn out, or act in a particular way. Often people try to navigate through life with their own plans and wonder why thi...
48.5K 4.5K 48
#Book 2 Because of Nandani's condition Mamta decides to marry off her childrens, and her childrens abide by her decision. She chose her brother's dau...
510K 24.1K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒕𝒐𝒈...