Fate's Prisoners

By NaniLab

Luna is a poor woman who goes to work in the royal palace to help pay off her father's debt. Won Youngbae the... More

Charter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
Chapter 44
The end
Tagged
Author's note
Thanksgiving
Happy New Years
Coming soon
Its Time!!!!!!!
New Storied

chapter 22

1.8K 96 14
By NaniLab

Luna

I have not seen the Emporer for a week but I have been receiving his notes and gifts every night. They make me happy that he still thinks of me. His gift chooses are a bit odd though, he sends some things he knows I don't really care for. I won't complain though because they are gifts with meaning. It is a nice thought but I would rather not receive gifts. I don't think a gift can compare to actually being with someone, however, due to our situation I understand and accept them.

I got out of bed and I felt dizzy and knew I needed to eat. Last night Liluo had cooked food for me but I was tired and didn't have an appetite so I just went to bed. I left my room and headed to the kitchen to find something to eat on my own. I didn't want to bother anyone so I made my own food and ate it deliciously. When I left, as I walked the halls ran into the Empress mother. "Greetings your grace," I said with a bow and when I raised she had a not very readable look on her face. "Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly. "Luna, Youngbae told be what happened yesterday between you and lady Jane. Are you okay?" She asked. "He told you what really happened, I didn't think he bothered to look into it and prove I didn't do anything," I said surprised but she was surprised as well. "What do you mean?" She asked but I was confused. "What do you mean, what do I mean?" I asked back. "The Emperor told me you pushed and or hit lady Jane. He saw her on the grown when he stopped you, and when he tried to talk to you, you refused to do so. I thought it was a bit odd so I wanted to check on you" She explained. "So he still doesn't bother to try and find me innocent," I said annoyed and in disbelief. "Well, what really happened?" She asked. "Lady Jane called me to her room because she wanted to tell me something. Before she did I told her I want us to stop fighting because it is pointless and she is about to have a baby. However, she said she doesn't want to stop because she wants me to leave the palace. Then as we're were talking she suddenly started yelling nonsince. I tried to calm her down when she accused me of wanting to kill her and her child. I was upset and offended so I yelled at her out of anger. When I did, she dropped to the floor pretending I hurt her. The Emperor only saw her on the ground and my finger pointing at her but he assumed what she said and what he heard was true and made me leave." I explained the Empress mother felt so bad. "I am sorry you have suffered my dear. I do not doubt your words because over the years I have known about Jane's little acts when the Emperor and I are not around." She says and I felt happy she knew I was not lying "You know her pregnancy is so sudden and surprising to everyone. I don't know how even I missed it." She says still confused. "Your grace you don't spend much time with the women of the herm as some others so how could you have noticed." I reminded her. "What I wouldn't give for you to be pregnant instead of her. I know the Emperor truly loves you and only acts this way because he is expecting a child. If you were pregnant instead of her, you would not be suffering so much." The Empress's mother says stressed. "It's alright your majesty, there are many things we can not control but we must live with things we don't want to." I soothed her. While we were speaking, the Emperor made his appearance. Before he came our way through his mother left me alone. At last, he approached me. "It's been a while since I have seen you, Luna, what brings you here?" He asked I bowed before I spoke. "Yes, it has been a while, your majesty, I was simply wondering around today," I explained. "Luna I have talked to lady Jane." He started but I stopped him. "Your majesty I think it would be best for everyone if I just stay away from lady Jane from now on. This way I can not somehow cause trouble or be accused of things that are not my doing." I said hoping he would understand but I have the feeling right now the Emperor is not the same as before.

Youngbae's

"Why must you stay away for there to be peace? can you not just control yourself?" I asked angrily that her way to solve the problem to her is to run from it. I know Luna is a stubborn woman but she was wrong to hurt Jane and she should admit her fault. I know Jane is not the sweetest but we all must adjust to her from now on and since she is caring for my child I must protect her even from the ones I love. "So after all this arguing you still think I hurt her. Let me ask you if I did do you think I would do so, with simply the reason I'm jealous of her. I am not by the way so don't think jealousy on my part had anything to do with this." She says ever since we found out Jane was pregnant Luna has changed. She attacks Jane randomly. Because of our relationship, I just warn her but she didn't listen to me, now she wants to solve the problem by not facing it. She is really too much now but I can not bear to punish her, I just hope she will admit she is wrong. "I intend to do as I say, I will stay out of your way." she says turning and leaving. When she walked I took a deep breath and rubbed my head before heading the other way. I was going to pass her room when I saw something odd, she had just left but someone has just entered. Luna and Liluo are both out so I don't know who it was. Whoever he was, he had a gift in his hand. I waited a bit till he came out and left, I entered the room to see quite a few gifts scattered around. On the table I saw a pile of letters that were opened, I picked one up and read it in my head.

My Dearest Luna

Neither the sun, the moon, or the stars in the sky can compare to the beauty in your heart, mind, and body, how I wish I can hold you at night and speak my words in your ear softly. A gentlewoman like you should be treasured with only the finest, and that is what I intend to give you.

love

Sir E

I was shocked to see the words, who dare send love letters to the woman of the Emperor . And Luna has accepted them all how idiotic can she be. I made her a Nobel scholar and she thinks she can get away with an affair on the Emperor . I dropped the letter and walked over to the latest gift and grabbed the letter.

Dear Luna

You are a true angel sent from the heavens to this earth to bless my heart and soul with your presences. I do not deserve you but you do not deserve the harsh treatment your cruel Emperor has been giving you due to a concubine's pregnancy. I wish I could hold and touch you but alas I can not. Maybe in another time, or place, or life you and I can find each other and be together.

Love

Sir E

I ripped the letter to pieces before taking a clean sheet of paper and writing.

Dear Luna

I can no longer hide from you, I want to see you, to hold you, and tell you how I feel till the sun rises. pleases meet me in the south Gardens tonight at midnight alone. I will wait till then.

love

Sir E

I will not let Luna get away with this, I promise that.

Luna's

How am I going to live here peacefully if the Emperor doesn't believe me, maybe I should just apologize and get it over with? what am I saying? I am not taking the blame for something I didn't do I don't care what is at hand. After a while, I went back to my room and saw a new gift waiting for me, his gifts won't help this time. After all this time I have been trying to forgive him but I just can't, I read the letter and was surprised he really wanted to meet. I decide it was time I got my apology if not I will just stop it all, I don't care anymore.

Hours later

I left my room to meet the Emperor in the Southern gardens and when I arrived he sitting there with his back to me. "Greetings your majesty," I said respectfully, this made him turn around. He stood up and walked over to me but he didn't smile, he didn't have a hint of joy in his eyes to see me. "Are you not surprised?" he asked suddenly. " surprised? Why would I be?' I asked confused by the question? "To see me here." He says but my face told him I wasn't. "I expected to see you here, you told me to meet you here." I reminded him but he seemed surprised this time. "How did you know it was me and not your lover? Have you no shame at all?" He asked angrily and now I confused. "What do you mean lover? You sent me all those gifts and letters! Did you really ask me here to insult me!" I stated shoving the letter to him.

Youngbae

"No Luna oh no. I sent you this letter after taking off the original letter from your lover Sir E." I explained. "What do you mean? You are not Sir E?" She asked and I shook my head not falling her tricks. "I know you are lying, why would I be constantly sending you gifts so suddenly?!" I asked and she looked me in the eye sharply. "Maybe because you realized how coldly you have been treating me for no reason. So you could apologize to me for that and I could actually feel like you still care about me!" She shouted back at me. "Of course I still care about you, Luna. Why would I not?!" I asked angrily. "Are you sure because you sure don't act like you do. Ever since Jane told us she was pregnant you have changed. I take responsibility for making you spend time with her, but you really have become too much. Nothing but her Pawn now! She says. " you, how dare you?!" I yelled at her." There you go again, You yell at me, You accuse me of the most outrages things without blinking an eye. Why, because Jane told you I did something I didn't. Have you ever thought about the person I am or have always been and have the slightest doughts that Jane might be lying?!" She yelled at me and I saw her eyes start to glisten because they were watering. "Luna." I said softly now thinking back to how I have been acting lately to her. She took a deep breath and wiped her eyes not wanting to cry before she spoke. "Your majesty lets just end this here." She says in a softer voice as well. Her words made a pain begin to grow in my heart. "No, Luna no. I'm sorry. Im sorry I have been acting so cruel towards you. It's just that the expecting of a baby is really making me." I started but she stopped me. "Please forgive me for being rude your majesty, but I would not like to argue this. Let's say I answer your question of if I had a lover. If I answer you truthfully you would think I'm lying. But if I lied to you, you would believe me and hold me responsible. I do not want to go through this anymore " She says bowing to me but I hugged her to make her stop. She pushed me away. "That is not appropriate your majesty, I must go now." She says with a bow. I grabbed ger hands tightly too force her too stay. "Okay, How about this, Ill tell you I had a lover so you can kill me freely. Will that saticfe you? It will make things much easier for me." I didn't know what to do but while thinking of how to keep her she walked away.

Luna's

I got to my room and instantly broke down into tears because of this man. I didn't want to but I can not live this way. I decided to go to sleep but as I sat in my bed I couldn't sleep and could only think of him. Not too long after I left him I was summoned to lady Jane's room. Why must I go see her so late in the night? Maybe the Emperor told her what happened and she is going to suggest I leave again. I don't intend to leave due to the fact that my work is here. I can get over the Emperor , but how long it will take is the true question. As asked myself this as I approved the room but I heard voices inside. "But what about Scholar Luna? I thought you loved her?" I heard Jane's voice. "Not anymore, not after what she has done to me. I will erase all memories of her tonight with you lady Jane. From this point on Lady Luna Pain is nothing to me." I heard the Emperor 's voice very clearly and his words were full of anger and hatred. I didn't stay to hear anything else.

I went back to my room to find Liluo there waiting for me to come back. When I did, I was not the poor heartbroken girl who came back early her now I know I can not do as I wished. "Liluo I'm leaving," I said and she looked surprised. "My lady, what do you mean?" She asked worried for me. "I am done suffering here, I'm leaving," I repeated. "What happened?" She asked. "I ended my relationship with the Emperor and he turned around and went to bed with Jane. It's obvious that we will not make up, because I'll never forgive him. I want to go somewhere far away, where he won't ever find me." I explained. "My lady, are you sure about this?" She asked and I nodded my head. "I will not stay here and suffer any longer. " I said after a deep breath. "Well, if you are going, I'm coming with you," Liluo says. "No, I can't ask you to do that," I said. "You never did, I decided to do it myself," she says and this made me hug her. We began to gather what we needed to go but we asked Lucas to help us. He decided he was coming as well, I don't know what I would without them. Let's get out of here I want to go before he comes here when he does he will find this letter and we will be long gone." I said to Liluo before I put my last words to the Emperor on my table for him to find later. " Yes, My lady." She says we take our things but stay in our palace clothes for now so we can get out without suspicion. Liluo, Lucas and I walked to the palace gates where we were stopped by other guards. "Where are you going at this time?" One asked. I stepped forward and spoke calmly. "I am feeling homesick, I want to visit my hometown," I said simply lying. " Do you have persimmon of the Emperor ?" he asked. " Do I need it, I am a Nobel scholar, not a concubine. I am free to leave as I please for whatever reason I want. Do you not understand that? Or must we bother the Emperor to tell him you do not know the rules of the palace." I said scaring him with my tone and title. He simply bowed to me." I began to walk but he called after me. "Wait, ma'am what is in your bag?" He asked. " What?" I asked turning around with an angry face. " Your bag I must make sure you are not taking anything of value out. " He says." Clothing for me and my servants to wear, I do not like to attract attention so I plan to blend in." I said. " Why are you taking them with you," he asked. "She is my lady in waiting, and he is to protect me. If you have a problem with it, you can tell the Emperor you sent his most trusted and beloved scholar out of the palace defenseless." I said in fear he gave in and let us pass. We hurried to a nearby town to headed to docks that will take us to our new lives but along the way I had to stop because I was feeling unwell. I haven't eaten in a while so I felt very dizzy and had a hunger headache. Because they were worried, Lucas carried me because the more time we stayed put the more time we lose and can get caught up to. When we arrived in the town, we board a boat of my choice that will take us to a new lad to us. "I want to give you both one more chance to turn back and stay here. I thank you for helping me and if you don't want to leave I will understand. You can go back and live your lives how you wish. "I said but the hugged me promising they were with me all the way. The boat set off and when we reached the end of the waters of the country I was then free from that Prison I once called home for so long

early the next morning.

Youngbae

I woke up in lady Jane's bed naked while she was not here. I don't remember what happened last night or how ended up here. All I remember was Luna said she wanted to end our relationship, I was upset and got drunk. After that everything else is a blur. " My love, you're awake?" I hear Jane's voice greet me but got up and got dressed before I raced out of her room and to Luna's bedroom. No matter what did or didn't happen last night I need to find her and get her back. "Luna open the door!" I shouted but no answer. "Liluo open the door now."I said but nothing, finally I went in myself and saw no one there. I looked around and saw a letter on the table addressed to me.

To The Great Emperor Won,

I was a fool. A fool to believe I should love a man like you. All you have done was build my trust only to send it crashing down. By the time you get this, I will be long gone, nowhere you can find me so there is no hope for you to find me. Enjoy your life because from this point on like you said Im to you. you are nothing to me. That is what you told lady Jane last night so there is no reason for you to look.

Luna

I felt as if I was just stabbed through my heart. " I did this to her and to myself. I broke my promise to her, I deserve to die a painful death." I said falling onto my knees with tears in my eyes. "No, I can still find her, I just have to start looking now." I said getting up and hurting out of her room. I hurried to my throne room and let out an order. "Nobel scholar Luna Pain has gone missing. It is everyone's mission to find her as soon as possible. Anyone with I formation on where she has gone will be rewarded." I said and with that, it had begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

811 101 46
Juniper and Min Jun both want to find REAL love. Both have had their share of heartbreaks. Juniper thought Caleb was the love of her life, until he s...
212K 4.8K 61
bts ambw for my melanin stans <3 please enjoy this series of different stories that i have jotted down and published for the black stans who are eit...
34.8K 1.9K 16
(EDITING) This is a Curvy Blasian Community Romance: #AMBW #BLASIAN #BWAM #DISCLOSURE #CelebrateBlackStories #EyesLipsFierce #COMPLETED ⛔️TRIGGE...
93.7K 5.2K 110
Though the theme of this story is bit cliché.. Kim Taehyung is a cold arrogant CEO and Jungkook is a common man in reality he is also damn rich.. Sto...