Double Down (a double standar...

By nikkihershell

I didn't ask to be born into this world, none of us did but we make the best of it. I'm a twenty-five year ol... More

Recap
Happy Birthday
Making Amends
The End Of A Beginning
Alternate Ending
Numb Empire
How Many Sugars Would You Like?
In Remembrance
Vixen In Red
Chasing The Unchaseable
Alice In No Land
First Break
This Feeling
Boy Toy
It's Not Gonna Happen
Impenetrable
Touching Base
I Ain't Scared
Prickly Pear
Let's chat
Hiding The Truth
Well This Is New
My Own Fuckery
Big Shocker
Secret Training
Steam And Matches
Parentals
Under The Weather
Trouble Has A New Name
Tonight 's Menu: Drama
What's Considered Normal Anyways
Allow Me To Introduce Myself
Fight For Freedom
Welcome To My World Fucker
Surrender
Uncaptivate
No Turning Back Now
Appreciation
Angels And Demons
Anchors Away
Ch-Ching
Unleashed
Yes Means No, No Means Yes
Hearts Entangled
Standing My Ground
To The Grave
Little Temptress
Finally Gave In
Murder On The Brain
Bonjour
The Truth Hurts
Needle In A Haystack
Bottoms Up
Double TAKE
Queen Recognized
He's Got Me
At A End
Alert!!!
Reversed Proposal

Damsel Or Not

3.2K 258 65
By nikkihershell

"So can you get me what I need?"

Zane shuffled his his hands deep in his pocket and rocked back on his heels. "Girl you know I'm the man to come to for any and all your needs".

As I watched his brows waggle up and down indicating what  he meant by "all your needs" I cringed and thought how pleasurable it would be to break his esophagus but for now I need him. "I'll only be needing the thiopental for now". I said ignoring his slimy come on.

" I can get it for you but it's gonna cost ya. Hell the government can't even get their claws on it anymore as it's rare these day's. It's what they use on prisoner's to put them under duiring lethal injection. It's used as a calming, relaxing agent and eventually lulls them to sleep". He said as he lit another cigarette.

I nodded my head in understanding before asking. "But it won't kill the person right?"

He shook his head. "As long as you don't give an overdose. It will take a few moment's before they fall under. They could sleep for up to twenty-four hours. How big is the dude you plan on sticking?"

I envisioned him in my mind which wasn't hard to do as he stays there. "He's about six-four and a muscular build."

Zane nodded. "I'll give you the correct dosage for four hundred fresh one's. It'll take a week for me to get it so I'll be in touch".

" sounds good". I said and bid him a quick goodbye.

Securing my black hoodie tighter to my head to conceal my face I hurried down the sidewalk of New York's not so nice district. I clutched the illegal gun in my hand that was tucked away in my pocket. I was ready if an attack ocurred. As I passed by homeless people, thugs and no telling what other no gooders my mind replayed the last several month's of my life out.

I arrived in Paris and was escorted to a comfy apartment in a not so bad part of town. Once there Demarcos men went over a list of instructions I was suppose to follow. I was never to tell anyone my true identity or admit that I knew the Harper's. Never was I allowed to contact CJ or the other's and I could never return to New York. Th men stayed with me for a few day's to ensure I transitioned over without any problems. Once they left the reality of my new life hit me. Everything I once was, was no more. Alice was gone and replaced with Nina.

For the first week I didn't leave my apartment. I guess you could say I was in a depression. I lost my lover,my identity and I'm was all alone in a foreign country without a soul to talk to. Of course I was scared.  I knew no one, nothing looked familiar and my heart was broke. Demarco did more than erase my identity, he erased my spirit.

Eventually I was forced to leave my apartment. I was running low on food and needed to restock. As promised, I received the the monthly cash. Since I'd been in Paris I had yet to enjoy the sights or explore the city. After my trip to the market I felt better, refreshed and slowly started to work my way out of the darkness that clouded me. Even though I still ached for my life with CJ I knew I couldn't allow myself to sink anymore. My first step to self recovery was to find a job and thankfully it didn't take long.

Within a week I found a job at a cozy little coffee shop even though I had a fake degree in business thanks to Demarco. However I felt more at ease and more like the girl I left back in New York. Being in the coffee shop was like being back home and in my element.

It wasn't long before my true self started to resurface as I became comfortable in my new life. However I was now filled with anger more than hurt. I was angry at CJ for not hearing me out. I was angry at Sire for causing this ruckus as well as myself for going back to see Sire that last day. I should have known better and some might even say I was asking for trouble and maybe I was. Maybe I was so desperate for CJ's attention and understanding that I intentionally sought Sire out in hope's of making CJ jealous. Who knows? But what I'm angry about the most is Demarco and how he thinks he can command me. Who is he to say I have to go away and never return? Yea, he might be a king in his world but in my world I call the shots.

At one time I made my own decisions and ran over the country robbing fools blind. I was smart, strong and always had my shit together. Slowly but surely I was becoming that strong willed woman again but this time I was even smarter and had targets. First I would capture CJ and for once he was going to listen to me. Second I was going to show that uncle of his as well as his family that I wasn't scared of them nor could they bully me around.

I knew I was still being watched by one of Demarcos men, I wasn't stupid. I assume he wanted to make sure I was abiding by his rules. This only meant I had to be careful with my planning. It took a few weeks to figure it out but once I completed the details of my escape it was worth it.

I went to work that evening like any other day. It was important to  act normal and not bring unwanted attention to myself. After closing up shop that night I made my way home. I then showered and ate a small meal. I made sure to leave my light on and curtains open so they could see my normal routine. I picked up my laundry basket and headed to the basement to do laundry, not that I was going too. I loaded the washer and started it, had to be believable right? What they didn't know was that my detergent bottle was filled with gas instead of soap. I made sure to spill a rather large portion on the floor near the lint basket. Acting calm and collected, I hopped up on a folding table and grabbed up a magazine to browse. I recently took up smoking, not that I enjoyed it but I couldn't look suspicious. I lit up a smoke as I thumbed through the magazine. As the cigarette neared its end I carelessly dropped it into the gas puddle. Instantly flames swallowed the room. Quickly I grabbed a backup that I had stashed away in the bottom of my laundry basket. It contained the essentials. Extra clothes, document's, snacks, cash and my neighbors extra set of car key's that I swiped off of her counter when I visited the other day.

Moving fast, I escaped the laundry room through a outdoor ventilation vent. My feet smacked the pavement as I raced to my neighbors car. Thankfully the sudden fire caused a lot of commotion as residents filed out of the building in a panic and firemen hustled about. It wasn't hard to disappear amongst all of this.

Earlier in the week I used the computer at my job to purchase my flight ticket home and had twenty minutes to get to my plane. Soon I was on my way home. Once the plane took off I closed my eye's and slept. Once in New York I rented a hotel room in the seedy part of town where I would be staying in hope's of laying low.

It didn't take long to befriend a few of the street riff raft just so I had some connections. That's where Zane came into play. Word was that he could score about anything you asked for. From drug's, weapons, to high end jewlery. The only thing I needed was a sleep serum.

My plan was well thought out. I considered everything and had a back up plan as well. Hey, it's the street's and anything can happen and I'm not about to risk getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar. I wasn't planning on harming CJ or any of the Harper's. I've been secretly spying on CJ. Once I pretended to be a homeless person sitting on the sidewalk across from his building. I looked the part in a pair of holey black jeans and a oversized black hoodie that concealed my features well. Seems this is my only attire these day's as I'm trying to stay hidden. Of course by now I'm sure they know I'm no longer in Paris. My hope is that they assume the fire killed me. After all I was in the laundry room where the main explosion took place.

There was only one wrench that had been thrown in my plans... Reya.

I hadn't expected CJ to move on so quickly and I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me. In fact I was right damn livid. I didn't know Reya personally but I had seen her on occasion  at the Den. What irked me the most was how CJ seemed to dote on her when I spotted them together. I couldn't help but wonder why he treated her differently than me. He took her out on dates where most of the time I was kept behind locked doors and guarded. Maybe he came to the conclusion that I wasn't his one After all.

Still, I'm going through with my plans. He as well as his control freak of an uncle will hear me out once and for all. My aim is too sneak up on CJ while he's out and slip my needle into his neck. Zane has agreed to help haul him to my rented hotel room for an extra $1000. Let's just say I've been thrifty with the money the Harper's had sent me.

Once I have CJ in my world so to speak, I will force him to finally listen to my side and feelings. This seems to be the only way to get through to him. Yes it's drastic but he took drastic measures with me. I guess you can say I'm returning the favor.

Yes, I could just simply approach him like normal people do but the thing about that is I don't know how he feels about me right now considering how we ended. For the first few week's in Paris I was for sure CJ would come for me and be livid with his uncle and mother for sending me off. Even if he was coming to kill me I was certain he would show up. I guess he became too busy with Reya. Ugh.. her name is like poison in my mouth.

None of that matters now though because I'm back and he is the hunted one now. The tables have turned and I'm about to let each and every Harper know that they can no longer fuck with me. I'm grown and will no longer let anyone control me. I'll live where I damn well please, go where I want to go. To hell with Demarco and his rules. To hell with the money he sends. Me being with CJ was never about money or power. I fucking loved him contrary to what Demarco or CJ's mother thinks. They are all about to see what this little girl is made of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109 20 9
From a young age I was raised to be an assassin, for reasons that were unknown to me, at first. It was the night I watched my parents get murdered th...
100 10 12
I clenched my jaw and kept back the urge to punch her right now. "You can't force me into this!!!" I yelled while standing up. "I can tho, i have all...
640K 32.8K 88
"Who are you?" I asked, still left in the shock and scared state that came over me when gunshots were heard. I look up to his face which was hidden b...
959K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...