The Ancient Switch[Doctor Who]

By SleepWanted

The Doctor and Donna are headed through time and space when something goes wrong, causing them to land in Anc... More

Part two

Part one

117 4 3
By SleepWanted

"Two legs, two arms! I've got hair, Donna!" The Doctor cried. "Donna?"

"Doctor?" Donna's normally feminine sounding voice was much deeper.

"Donna?" The Doctor stared at her- rather, what used to be her. "Uh, oh."

"That's right, bucko! What did you get us into this time?" Donna- er, Don, shouted.

"Donna! Relax! What time period are we in?" The doctor asked.

"How am I supposed to know? You're the Timelord here!"

"Okay, calm down a bit, don't you think? We can figure this out. It seems I'm a-a-"

"A girl? You're a girl, Doctor. And I'm a man, thanks to whatever stunt you just pulled."

"So you're Don, then. I'm still the Doctor?"

"Depends." Don opened the door of the TARDIS and peeked outside. "I can't tell when it is, you might want to take a look."

Scowling at Don, the Doctor huffed outside and he followed.

"We're in Ancient Greece." The Doctor whispered.

"Really? We don't look like we're from Ancient Greece," Don pointed out.

"That's true, but an idea will come. People were fairly eccentric here anyway."

"Togas," Don replied, "that's all I'm sayin'."

"But Ancient Greece! This means we are here before Rome took over!"

"Can we have fun here?" Don asked with a smile.

"If you agree not to get in too much trouble."

Just as Don nodded, he ran into a street vendor. "Uuuuh..."

"Hullo there, this is Don and I'm the Doctor-"

"You can't possibly be a doctor!" The vendor laughed throatily.

"I am THE Doctor." She protested.

"You're a woman. It's impossible." The vendor rolled his eyes and walked away.

"Donna-"

"You're a woman, Doctor," Don watched as she looked herself over. "It's not going to be the same as before."

"But, Donna!" The Doctor moaned. "I am the Doctor!"

"I know you're the Doctor, you know you're the Doctor, but people here: thy just won't get it. You of all people should know that."

"So you're saying that I can't do anything here?"

"You just don't have a voice here, Doctor." Don stopped for a moment. "We need to fashion you a girl's name."

"Rose." The Doctor said instantly.

"Okay, Rose. That's how you'll be introduced until we fix this, and I'll be Don. Got that?" Don tapped his foot waiting for a reply.

"Yes sir." The Doctor, now called Rose, answered.

"And don't try to be clever because people just won't understand." Don grinned, implying the conversation was over.

"Why are we here though? There was some sort of distress call coming." Rose murmured.

"Who cares! We're in Greece! The time of parties and fun!"

Rose looked at her, obviously annoyed. "You realize that this could change history, right?"

"You realize you sent us through a machine that gender swapped, right?"

"You should be glad I like you. Meet me back at the TARDIS in half an hour."

"You're a woman, I don't have to listen to you here!" Don laughed and ran off.

"Yeah, but I'm the one with the key home." Rose mumbled. She sighed and walked off through the vendors, but not seeing any other women made her slightly nervous. "I mean, it was only a matter of time, but I didn't think it would come so soon."

"What?" A petite girl stood in the doorway of one of the small houses. "What didn't you think would come soon?"

"Nothing. I just had no normal clothes to wear this morning." Rose said, praying that was a normal thing to say.

"I can tell," the girl looked Rose up and down, taking in her brown suit. "You should probably change."

"Into what? All of my clothes have been sent to wash." Rose explained. Hopefully, this girl would be trustworthy and not be part of the problem that brought the Doctor here in the first place.

The girl scanned the marketplace and grabbed Rose's hand, "My name is Viria and you should probably get inside."

"What? Why!" The part of Rose's head that was the Doctor was coming back out. It seems that even though Don and she had swapped genders, they didn't have the gender's personalities.

"Just do it," Viria pulled Rose inside. It was fairly decadent, but not overdone. It looked like a peasants' house.

"What's going on?"

"Have you been living under a rock? Women aren't supposed to be out there. At first I thought you may have been clever, but after that, I realized you weren't. At all."

"I'm clever."

"No, listen- what is your name?"

"I'm the doc- Rose. My name is Rose." Oops.

"Well, then listen, Rose. The tides are turning out there. Women are getting more freedom, but for now, we can't be seen in men's only places. We could be punished with death, Rose."

"Viria, what's going on?"

"There's not a word for it, though it has something to do with the separation of genders."

"But Don is out there! All alone!"

"A man? He is not alone. Your Don will be alright as long as he steals nothing and touches nothing."

"I have a nagging feeling Don will soon be dead."

"Is your Don a thief?" Viria asked quietly. She sat on a quaint little white couch. Rose decided not to sit, so she continued standing.

"He's not my Don."

"It seems like it. Are you betrothed?"

"No. No, no, no, no."

"And you're traveling together? That's nearly unheard of!"

"What are you-"

"It's very obvious that you're not from here. You traveled here from one of the outer reaches, probably." Viria explained. "I promise I won't tell." She disappeared for a few moments before returning with an outfit almost identical to hers. It was a deep purple toga. Donna would have laughed. "Put this on, Rose. It will help you to blend in."

"Here?"

"Where else?" Viria tilted her head to the side. "Oh! Here, I'll draw the curtain!"

Viria pulled a sheet like thing across the middle of the room, separating the two girls. Rose quickly changed clothes and opened the curtain again.

"So what exactly do you need me for?" Rose kicked her clothes into a pile at her feet.

"I need you to help me overthrow the underground."

"Why?"

"Well, you see, there's a leader of the women and she's usually a great person..."

"But lately she hasn't been?"

"You can do it, can't you Doctor?"

"I'm sorry?" Rose blinked, confused.

"You are the Doctor, right?"

"Of course I am, but how do you know that?"

"You saved us many eons ago, but that may have been in your future. My race-"

Rose started to leave. "I'm sorry, I don't know you. I can't help you. Good day."

"The Doctor would never leave us in our time of need!" Viria shouted.

"I can't do anything without Don! If Don isn't here, I'm worthless!"

And so, Rose took off to find Don.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
374K 13.4K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
53M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...