The Four Kingdoms {BTS X Read...

By TaeTae_lyfe

There's a fire in her. If loved correctly, she will warm your entire home. If abused, she will burn it to ash... More

Chapter 1: Lost
Chapter 2: Wisdom
Chapter 3: Magic
Chapter 4: Change
Chapter 5: Travel
Chapter 6: History
Chapter 7: Wander
Chapter 8: Adventure
Chapter 9: Monsters
Chapter 10: Stars
Chapter 11: Paths
Chapter 12: Anger
Chapter 13: Pride
Chapter 14: Hope
Chapter 15: Jealousy
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Nights
Chapter 18: Doubt
Chapter 19: Betrayal
Chapter 20: Heartbreak
Chapter 21: Fathers
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Tunnels
Chapter 24: Loss
Chapter 25: Death
Chapter 26: Tears
Chapter 27: Cold
Chapter 28: Life
Chapter 29: Ghosts
Chapter 30: Walls
Chapter 32: Riders
Q&A
Chapter 33: Deserve
Chapter 34: Love
Chapter 35: Dragons
Chapter 36: Dragons II
Chapter 37: Brothers
Chapter 38: Rings
Chapter 39: Proposals
Chapter 40: Kings
Chapter 41: Potions
Chapter 42: Potions II
Chapter 43: Caves
Chapter 44: Endings
Chapter 45: Beginnings
Pyramids
Conclusion
Character Q&A

Chapter 31: Locks

23.8K 1.7K 1.9K
By TaeTae_lyfe

"Silence is the key to the locks of loudness."
                                            - Anthony Liccione

Jimin's golden eyes went wide as your words began to swim in his mind, his head immediately beginning to shake in disapproval.

"Absolutely not," His voice boomed. "Tearing down that wall is a bad idea, not to mention it's extremely off course from The Dark Forest."

You frowned, blue eyes glancing over to Yoongi momentarily.

"I know that...but I want to help. If that wall is what's causing these people to starve then I want to be able to help them."

Jin released a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"As much as I hate to say it," He started "Jimin is right y/n. Tearing down that wall requires a dragon, and the dragons won't come peacefully."

You took a step forward, your head held high.

"His people are going hungry," you argued as your finger pointed towards the raven haired king. "And your people are going hungry," you said as you moved your gaze to Jimin. "If bringing down that wall is the only way to stop this madness.....Then I'll do it."

Yoongi advanced towards you, a sharp look in his eye.

"I don't think you understand the situation," He stated. "Going to the wall will kill you."

You frowned.

"You don't know that, there may be a way to tear it down without-"

"There isn't." Yoongi interrupted.

You took a step closer towards him.

"But there could be, maybe if Namjoon used some kind of-"

"Do you not think I have considered that?!" Yoongi suddenly screamed, causing you to jump. "I have tried to bring down that cursed wall my whole life! I have tried everything you could possibly think of and there is no other way y/n!"

You stared at him with wide eyes, your heart thrumming loudly as you watched his chest heave from his rant.

Your mind began to wander back to your previous life, the life before you were transported to this new world that was filled with magic and danger. You missed your family. You missed them more than you could say, they were your everything, they supported you through thick and thin...you never got to say goodbye to your mother....but you couldn't leave this place. At least not yet. You wanted to believe that you were brought here for a purpose, a destiny greater than anything you could've imagined and although you missed your home.... you knew the right thing to do.

"Then I'll die."

An eerie silence fell over everyone in the room, your words causing a heavy tension amongst them. Your blue eyes scanned over their reactions, but everyone's face remained neutral as they all stared directly at you.

"No." Jungkook's voice came out hard and stern. "I forbid it."

"He's right." Your eyes snapped to Taehyung. "That is not even an option."

You opened your mouth to speak, but your words were cut off by Hannah's shrill voice.

"I say we let her do it. If she's the one who brought this upon our people, she should take responsibility for it."

Jungkook sent the black haired girl a hard glare.

"Shut up."

He turned his attention back to you.

"The answer is no. You will not be tearing down that wall."

"But those people are dying! If I can help then-"

"I said no y/n! There will be no more discussing this matter!" He shouted.

Your face became stern, your heart beating in your chest as anger began to boil in your stomach.

"Hypocrites." You spat.

Taehyung's brows shot up at your word.

"What?"

You frowned.

"You're all a bunch of hypocrites!" You shouted. "You all speak of that wall like it's the worst thing in this realm! You say it's a curse and it brings misery to everyone! You say you want to bring it down! But now that you have the opportunity you won't let me help!"

"I will not sacrifice your life for that wall!"

"This isn't about me!" You screamed. "There are people in that kingdom. Women, children and each day, they all struggle for food, they struggle to eat, they are living in darkness and they can't leave because that wall is trapping them within it."

The men's ears were perked as each one of them listened to what you had to say, your words resonating within them.

"But none of you care," you growled out as you slowly made eye contact with them. "You don't care about the sickness, or the starvation because none of you have ever had to deal with it, you've never once put yourselves in other peoples shoes, because you're all too full of yourself and too self involved to care. You don't care, and you won't start caring until it starts affecting you directly."

The men were gobsmacked as you finished your speech, your blue eyes sending each of them icy glares. You were right. And they all knew you were, but what were they supposed to do? Let you walk out there and get yourself killed because you were too stubborn to listen?

"Y/n," Namjoon started silently. "If you do this, you die."

You nodded.

"I know."

"And that doesn't bother you?!" Jungkook screamed. "It doesn't bother you at all to know that you will never go home?! That you'll never see your family again?! That you would leave this world forever?!

Your eyes slightly widened at his loud tone and you released a sigh.

"If it takes ending my life to save millions, then no, it doesn't bother me."

"Well it bothers me," Yoongi spat. "I will not allow you to die for a kingdom you owe no loyalty to. We have survived three hundred years with the wall up and we shall continue to survive."

"Surviving is not living." Your icy eyes stared into his warm, orange ones.

"Why are you so determined to die?!" Yoongi snapped, his voice slightly cracking.

You sighed.

"Yoongi," you started. "There are children who have never had a full meal, who have never known what it's like to go a single day without struggling for survival. There are good people who are living lives of poverty. They don't deserve that. No one does."

"Those people aren't your problem," Jimin stated. "You should be concerned with getting back home."

You raised an eyebrow.

"I-"

"There may be a way." Namjoon suddenly spoke, his hand running through his dirty blond locks.

You watched with curiosity as he turned to face Yoongi, his golden eyes sparkling.

"A barrier spell could work." He stated boldly. "If the dragons come, y/n will have a barrier placed around her, the flames shouldn't affect her."

Jimin scoffed.

"The magic required for a barrier spell is much too simple to withstand dragons."

Taehyung nodded.

"It wouldn't protect her. The second the dragons took notice of her presence she would be killed."

Hoseok stepped forward.

"Although the magic is simple, it is still very strong, it could very well protect her from the flames."

"What about when the wall falls hm? She would die when the stones broke apart, barrier spell or not."

Namjoon sighed.

"We would jut have to get her off the wall in time."

"No!" Jungkook roared. "This is a bad idea! We should not even be discussing this!"

"But Jungkook," Hoseok started. "If there's a way to bring down the wall then-"

"I will not even consider any course of action that puts y/n's life at risk! We left out in this journey to send her home away from danger, now you're wanting her to walk directly to the most dangerous place in the land?! I won't have it!"

You glared at the chestnut headed prince.

"You don't control me! It's my life and if I want to risk it, then I will! And there nothing you can do to stop me!"

Jungkook glares at you, rage swimming in his golden eyes as he watched you stare back at him.

"Mr. Choi," He growled out, causing an older man to come stumbling in, his head low.

"Y-Yes your majesty?" He stuttered out.

Jungkook's eyes never left you.

"Take lady y/n to her chambers," He started "and don't let her out until I give the order."

Your jaw dropped at his words. He was going to lock you in your room?! You were not a child and he had no right to treat you like one! You would've expected something like this from Jimin or Yoongi, but you never thought that your best friend would order you to be locked up.

Your eyes shot daggers at the chestnut haired prince.

"I am not a child Jungkook! You cannot just send me to my room when you disagree with me!"

Jungkook advances towards you.

"I'm doing this for your safety! Obviously you aren't in your right state of mind right now and I don't want you to make any rash decisions!"

You scoffed.

"You don't own me, I can do or say anything I want. You shouldn't act like a spoiled brat because you aren't getting your way!"

Jungkook released a low growl, his hand roughly grabbing your upper arm, and jerking you towards him.

"I'm trying to protect you." He said lowly.

"You're not my father, you're not my king and you're not my husband," you spat. "I don't need you to protect me."

Those words seemed to make Jungkook snap. He began to drag you by your arm across the Great Hall and back into your bedroom, you struggled against his hold, hitting him and clawing, trying to escape him.

But it was no use.

Jungkook had managed to pull you to your chambers and throw you onto the bed, his foot moving over and slamming the door shut.

Your body bounced as you hit the soft mattress, your head landing amongst the pillows. Jungkook stood beside of the bed, glaring directly at you.

"You don't seem to understand the danger hat you are willing to put yourself in." He stated.

You scoffed, sitting up on the bed, and swinging your legs over to the side.

"I know the danger, I just don't care."

"WHY NOT?!" Jungkook roared, causing you to jump. "This is your life we're talking about! Not some kind of game!"

You nodded.

"I know that."

"Then why on earth would you volunteer  to put yourself in danger like that?!"

You sighed, your blue eyes scanning his tense figure.

"Because there are more lives than just mine." You said quietly. "If it takes one life to save millions then I'm fine with dying, it's not like I have anything to live for anyway." You spoke as you lowered your eyes to stare at your hands in your lap.

Jungkook's golden eyes widened at your words. Nothing to live for? What about your family? What about your mother? What about him? He needed you to live. He couldn't stand by and watch you die. He could allow you to leave him.

Jungkook slowly knelt down infront of you, his large hands grasping yours.

"Live for me."

Your blue eyes snapped up to meet his gold ones.

"What?" You breathed.

Jungkook smiled wearily.

"Live for me." He repeated. "Live so I can tell you how I feel, Live so I can make you fall in love with me, Live so I can propose to you and make you my wife, Live so you can have our children......live for me."

Your blue eyes were wide as you took in his words, your hands slightly shaking as Jungkook placed a chaste kiss to your forehead, before standing up and walking towards the door.

He turned to look at you one last time before exiting.

"We'll continue our journey to the Dark Forest tomorrow at sunrise."

And with those words, the chestnut haired prince, pulled the wooden door to a close and you could've sworn you heard the lock make a slight click noise.

A/n,

Holy crap, things just got real. I'm so excited for what going to happen! The journey has just begun!
                            ~Max

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 479 37
YN has really had a tough go, breaking up with a no good ex and rediscovering herself. One day she unexpectedly runs into a man that makes her feel a...
12.1K 659 24
A Boy who knew only abuse is discovered by the police. He is taken to one of the officers relatives homes to hopefully get the boy to talk about his...
65.3K 3.8K 25
bts fantasy au| Y/n liked to visit the small lake near her house at night to listen to music and relax after a stressful day. However, one day when s...
334K 4.6K 151
●COMPLETED● This is the sequel to my first book "Online Crush". If you havent read that I suggest you do so you understand what's happening. Y/n, ido...