Text Me Back

By YanitaCalmdown

"Hi, it's me again. The pathetic guy who just got dumped, if that jogs your memory. If talking is still on th... More

Authors Note & Longer Synopsis
Prologue
1. First Conversation
2. My Name Is...
3. Becoming Friends
4. The Test & The Deal
5. Everything Has Changed
6. Making It Right
7. A Step In The Right Direction
8. First Phone Call
9. Jealousy Amongst Friends
11. Ready To Meet
12. First Meeting
13. Hidden Emotions
14. Nothing To Read Into...
15. Celebration Plans
16. The Admission
17. Finally
18. Friendship As Usual
19. What's The Deal Between You Two?
20. I'm Just Going To Say It...
21. No Response
22. Ignoring You
23. Space
24. Favor for a Friend
25. Is All Well?
26. Big Mistake
27. Fading
28. See You Soon
29. One Single Text
Update!

10. Small Confessions

4.3K 202 14
By YanitaCalmdown

Look who's been a productive boy!

That sounded gross and I'm sorry about that...but 'ta da'.

I'm proud of you, very well done!

Hang your clothes neatly and you're an even better boy!

It's been a few days since we last spoke, how've you been?

I've been good. School has been crazy, though. What's been up with you? :)

Well...I dropped Jennifer's things off at her parents and they told me they spoke to her.

Don't keep me waiting, what did they have to say?

Jennifer is currently in Miami and having a good time. While I'm here wondering where we went wrong she's partying the night away.

I'm sorry Eric. Are you okay?

No, I'm pissed! I even threw out the rest of the mint chocolate chip ice-cream.

Haha, you're raising hell I see!

You know what else? I'm going out tonight.

Oh you are? Boy's night out huh? Where are you guys going?

Some club that my friend Travis likes to go to. He's been pushing me to have a one night stand.

And how do you feel about that?

I'm not into it. Even though I'm pissed at Jen and I have no idea what she's doing in Miami, I'm not that guy...

Most guys wouldn't think like that, I think that's cool.

I think a lot of guys do, they just pretend they don't.

What are your plans for the evening?

I'm going to the beach with my friend Grace. Just a chill thing...

Sounds cool. Have fun tonight, I have to get ready.

And hey, let's talk again soon. No more breaks...

I agree, no more breaks. Have fun tonight.

You too, Florence!

*

Florence and Grace had picked the perfect spot overlooking the beach, and now they were enjoying the sunset. Moments like these she knew would be with her forever just like her friendship with Grace. They both had decided to dress in their sweatshirts and keep make up to a minimum - tonight was all about relaxing.

"Adam told me you were texting 'some guy', the other day." Grace mentioned while sipping her Corona.

"He was talking about Eric and he was being super jealous about it." Florence huffed.

"It's because he's in love with you, Flo. You've known that for a while now."

"So I can't make friends with other guys?" Florence exclaimed dramatically.

Grace rolled her eyes and brought her jean clothed legs up to her chest.

"Is that all you are? Friends I mean. Every time you get a text from him you disappear from reality. You should see yourself!" Grace laughed.

"He's going out tonight,"Completely ignoring Grace, her mind stillon Eric, "his friend wants him to get laid."

"—and you don't want him to?" Grace wiggled her eyebrows and pursed her lips at Florence.

Okay, maybe she didn't want him to sleep with anyone, but was that such a big deal? Florence didn't want to face the reality of her feelings for him even though it was obvious. But these things happened sometimes; male and female friendships could be misconstrued as more than they were, ostracized if you will. Everyone else was in her ear about Eric that she had started to believe it.

"Let's just drop it, okay?" There was no point arguing with Grace, she'll always win.

"You look cool," Grace stated and took a picture of her.

"Now let me take one of you," Florence said an tried to distract herself from bothering Eric on his night out.

What was he doing anyway?

*

Eric was visibly drunk and his friends were loving it. It had taken Travis less than 2 hours to disarm Eric's usual control and have him laugh and slur while he spoke. It felt nice to blow off some steam about Jen, things he couldn't tell Florence.

And boy was he talking...

"—she loved to pick a fight with me before sex, she liked doing it when I was angry for some reason."

"Hate-sex is a real thing that turns people on! I'm telling you guys..." Travis banged his fist on the table and their empty glasses shook.

"I'm not that guy who gets turned on by that and she knows that, but all of a sudden she started to pick these fights with me and the minute I responded she'd be all over me."

"She's clearly telling you to spice things up. What's the problem with that?" Michael leaned back in his seat as if he knew what he was talking about.

"Yeah, maybe..." Eric mumbled and wondered why she had to play games with him when she could just tell him - she could always tell him everything.

"What about your little texting pal? Is that leading somewhere?" Michael continued on.

"We're just friends. She's cool to talk to and she takes my mind off Jen."

"So you're using her to get over your ex?" Travis challenged, "or keep you entertained until Jen comes home?

"It's not like any of those things, so stop! If I wanted to have rebound sex I'd find someone else. We are just friends."

"Okay fine," Michael and Travis both said and raised their hands in defeat. But then Travis leans forward and narrows his eyes at Eric, "but don't tell me you haven't thought about it?"

*

I thought this would please you...

You thought right, that looks delicious.

I can't believe you're up! Lucky me!

Are you a little tipsy, Eric?

Maybe a little bit. ;)

That means you had a good night! Good for you.

Send me a photo of you.

What? Why?

I don't know, because it's fun!

I sent you one.

Of a pizza...

That's not the same buddy!

You're so right FloMo. But do it anyway...

That's from the beach tonight. Happy?

You're beautiful Florence.

Thank you :)

Did you take your friend's advice about the one night stand tonight?

No I didn't, you know I wouldn't.

Why do you think I knew that? :)

Because you know me better than most...and I know you too.

That's why I think we should meet. ;)

You do? Since when?

Since always...

I want to meet you too, Eric.

When?

Eric?

Lol, good night stupid!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 433 35
graysondolan snapped you! ethandolan snapped you! - cuddlingdolan 2017
268K 2.6K 66
no longer updating ♡
6K 309 27
"Let's break up" That phrase changed my life.
1.5K 111 22
Where a nasty breakup brings Alyiah closer to someone. "Don't cry over that idiot," his voice was muffled by my hair. "I'm trying not to," my voice w...