Text Me Back

Por YanitaCalmdown

"Hi, it's me again. The pathetic guy who just got dumped, if that jogs your memory. If talking is still on th... Más

Authors Note & Longer Synopsis
Prologue
1. First Conversation
2. My Name Is...
3. Becoming Friends
4. The Test & The Deal
5. Everything Has Changed
6. Making It Right
7. A Step In The Right Direction
9. Jealousy Amongst Friends
10. Small Confessions
11. Ready To Meet
12. First Meeting
13. Hidden Emotions
14. Nothing To Read Into...
15. Celebration Plans
16. The Admission
17. Finally
18. Friendship As Usual
19. What's The Deal Between You Two?
20. I'm Just Going To Say It...
21. No Response
22. Ignoring You
23. Space
24. Favor for a Friend
25. Is All Well?
26. Big Mistake
27. Fading
28. See You Soon
29. One Single Text
Update!

8. First Phone Call

4.6K 212 18
Por YanitaCalmdown

A knock on the door startled Eric as he sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He looked at his alarm clock that showed 1:05 am and wondered who could be reaching him at this hour. Knowing that his sister Anna was overseas he got concerned and hopped out of bed to see if it was her. Surprisingly enough the young woman standing outside his door wasn't Anna at all but Florence. She had never come to his apartment before and he didn't recall giving her this address, but it could've slipped into one of their many late night conversations.

He ripped open the door and was met by her dressed in a white summer dress, her hair pulled to her left shoulder and a smile on her lips.

"Florence, what are you doing here?" He asked tiredly.

She giggled and pushed him inside the apartment as she walked inside herself. He looked down at himself and saw he wasn't wearing a shirt but Florence had already noticed that and her eyes were focused on his chest.

"I want to tell you something," she leaned forward and he shivered when her lip met his earlobe for a quick kiss, "I like you." She whispered and giggled once more.

"But I love Jennifer—"

"If you loved Jennifer, then why am I in your dream?" She said and stripped out of her dress, exposing her white lace underwear.

Eric sucked in his breath and froze to the floor while watching her. He desperately wanted to reach out and touch her but something was stopping him, no it was someone. He looked back and saw Jennifer's angry face stare right at him.

"Jen—" He started but she shook her head no.

"Time to wake up, Eric." She said and slapped him across the face.

*

Had fun yesterday, did we?

I'm sorry Eric, I just couldn't help myself. I got nervous and tipsy-called you.

It's okay, Florence. It was a funny message to wake up to.

I'm glad you thought so.

You have a nice voice, by the way.

So do you Florence.

What are you up to today?

I have classes until 3 pm and then I'm free as a bird.

Classes? As in college?

Please say college...

Yes stupid, college. I'm a senior at UCLA.

I'm 21 years old...

Oh thank god! I should probably tell you I'm 24 then...

I figured you were older than me... :)

Do you mind if I ask you a question?

How can you afford an apartment off campus?

Rich parents, fortunately...but when I'm done with college and get myself a decent job I'll be out of this place!

Why would you want to leave a nice apartment that your parents have provided for you?

I sound ungrateful, don't I? I knew I would...

Look, it's hard to explain without getting into this long family history thing. But I want to explain it to you...I really do.

I would love to hear about it. And you don't sound ungrateful Florence.

I guess I'm just curious about you. I didn't mean to pry. Sorry FloMo.

You are always forgiven, Buddy!

How about you call me after work? I'm assuming you'll be home later than me.

You are assuming right. I'll talk to you later!

*

"Hello?" She answered not bothering to look at her screen.

"Florence?" The voice on the other end was Eric.

For a second she couldn't speak and nothing but her panting breaths could be heard on the other end. Oh my God; she was speaking to Eric.

"Florence, are you freaking out?"

"No...maybe a little bit."

"Do you want to do this another time?"

"No, no, no I want to talk. Bear with me while I work through my nerves, please."

"No worries. What are you up to?" He said while laughing.

"I was watching TV but I must've fallen asleep."

"That sounds just like Jen,"

"I don't always do that," she muttered, not pleased with his response for some reason, "anyway, how are you?"

"I'm good; it's been a long day today. We just got a major client and I'm supposed to delegate the work for their new ad, but some of our creative directors are taking too long."

"Sorry I'm rambling..." he continued and sighed.

"No you're not, you can vent to me if you want. So you work in advertising? Is that fun?" She asked curiously.

"I love it! I'm only a traffic manager for now, but one day I'd love to be a creative director."

"Delegating work and taking care of the actual behind the scenes sounds cool too! You're the one who knows exactly how long a shoot is going to take and what it actually doable or not."

She could hear Eric laughing in the other end; it was a soft and shocked laugh. "You really know your stuff! Do you want to work in advertising?"

"I really want to work in the movie industry! Cliche I know but it's my biggest passion in life. Me and my friend Adam are working on this idea for a documentary..."

"Really? What kind? You've got me curious now..."

"It's about the usage of social media in modern times. We've chosen a subject that hasn't used social media and we're going to document how his life changes by using social media apps daily."

"Wow, I'm impressed! I'd love to see it once it's finished."

They continued talking for another few hours. Florence told Eric about her friends, school and her dreams of working in the movie business. Now they were on the topic of Eric's job.

"—sometimes I think I have to change myself a bit to become a creative director. The way I've been approaching it hasn't been working." Eric continues on.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well, Jennifer said that I'm too nice to people; that I should be more aggressive, or assertive, one of the two."

"You should definitely be firm in what you want but that doesn't mean you have to change yourself to your core. You're great the way you are."

Eric chuckled, "Thanks FloMo,"

"Hey, I warned you about that name..." she said in a sarcastically threatening voice.

"—and somehow I keep using it..."

"Hey we've been talking for three hours!" She said and laughed.

"Wow, it didn't even occur to me. Do you need to get to bed?" He asked.

There was something in his voice just then that she found so attractive. A warm sensation spread inside her and she quickly contained herself.

"I do but I don't want to stop talking just yet. How about you? No pressure if you need to get to sleep." She said, hoping he wouldn't say yes.

"I'm with you; I should sleep but I don't want to."

"So...why don't you tell me about your friends? I want to hear more about them."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

966K 27.8K 31
New phone, who dis? You texted me first so idk Oh yeah. You're so stupid ©Madison Hotzel
399 6 17
Reid shrugged. "I mean, you can't keep looking for the person that you were, because you're different now. You lost someone who was really important...
Text Me Por ari

Novela Juvenil

7.7K 337 38
"i know that my life is no fairytale. that you'll still think of me as the one who would never have a chance at life, so you gave me yours. then i s...