Starstruck | C.H

valentineashton által

Hi Guys! This story has been nominated in the watty awards! I would really appreciate your support on this! "... Több

Prologue
1. Welcome back to LA
2. No bad press
3. What are best friends for?
4. Rudely interrupted
5. Sorry about him
6. Buddy scheme
7. Time to tell the folks
8. The official meeting
9. Was that a drug exchange?
10. First time in the studio
11. No way, this is a celeb's party?
12. He's guilty, I'm innocent
13. Did we just record a single?
14. The truth always comes out
15. This is...tense
17. Unexpected kiss
18. The actual truth
19. Time to talk business
20. Always check the bedroom
21. Life update
22. The fourth of July bash
23. Rejected in front of the press
24. Who is this and what did he do with Calum?
25. Let's film a music video
26. From one gal to another
27. Finally
28. How old are we again?
29. Eighteen
30. What did I do?
31. F*** You
32. Is this it then?
33. Don't leave
34. Fresh start
35. All good things must come to an end
Sequel
New Story - Photograph

16. Is that a hickey?

3.2K 61 18
valentineashton által

Sophia

Today was the day. The album was finally dropping and there was a big event happening in one of the clubs in LA this evening. But for the day we were going to one of the big music stores in the centre of LA to do an acoustic set, a q&a and an album signing. It was going to be a very hectic day.

Of course I was just watching from the sidelines. The album has nothing to do with me, this is just part of the job, gaining the experience and finding out what life as a musician looks like. 

I was excited, truly I was. But I was nervous too. I felt like I had started a war between Calum and Ashton and I knew how close they used to be and yeah they aren't that close nowadays but I just feel like I've made it ten times worse. I also hate that I'm constantly being tossed between the two boys. Who do I side with? One minute one of them is telling me something that makes me distrust the other and vice versa. I'm getting frustrated now. I thought this would all be easy. I guess not.

I was sat in hair and makeup currently and Luke was next to me, it was both our turns to get our glam on. Wow did I just say that?

Maya, the girl styling me had asked if I wanted anything special doing to my hair and I had told her to make it a surprise so she was currently curling it. I looked in the mirror at Luke. He was sat having his hair blow dried and he was scrolling through something on his phone.

"Luke, can I ask you something? Please don't take this the wrong way?" I asked hesitantly.

I wanted to bring up the topic of someone leaking something to the press about Calum and I, but I didn't want to come across as rude. I also deep down didn't want it to be Ashton but I wanted to know if Luke knew anything about it?

"Sure thing doll." He winked.

I laughed at his sarcasm, "So, I'm sure you've seen the media about me and Calum and I was wondering-"

"If I knew who leaked it?" He finished off my sentence and I nodded uneasily. "Sorry Sophia, it's not my place to say anything."

"So you know who it was?" I frowned.

"I promised I wouldn't say, bro code." 

I sighed, "how about I say who I think it is then you can blink once if it's wrong then twice if it's right. Then you technically wouldn't be telling me." I suggested.

He rolled his eyes playfully. "I guess."

"Was it Ashton?" I bit my lip and watched as he blinked once, there was a slight pause and I was relieved for a moment until he blinked again and I threw my head back in frustration.

"Ouch!" I yelped as the hot curling iron made contact with the side of my neck. 

"Sophia I am so sorry! Let me go get some ice!" Maya said quickly setting the hot lethal weapon down.

"It's fine, it was my fault." I studied the new red mark that rested on my neck. It was only faint. Thank god. Hopefully it will be gone in a few hours. Maya handed me and ice pack and I placed it to my neck and she carried on curling my hair.

***

Half an hour later my hair was curled and styled into a half up, half down style. My makeup was simple but bold it looked amazing with the black eyeliner and red lip, I think I may have found my signature look.

I had chosen to wear a black denim jumpsuit with a red mesh top underneath and some red patent leather heeled boots. I also added some small silver hooped earrings. 

I quickly snapped a picture in the dressing room mirrors and Luke was posing next to me in some stupid pose and it was hilarious. I'll post this when people know about my contract with the boys.

It was about ten minutes before the boys were due to go on for their acoustic set. We were all gathered in the corridor of the book store. There was shouting and cheering from the shop floor.

Chris had gathered us altogether for a quick prep talk before the boys went out. 

"Okay so I have a few announcements regarding Sophia." He had nearly finished now but my ears perked up at the mention of my name. I was confused as to what I had anything to do with this. "Sophia, you and Calum will be performing your cover of Little Do You Know at the end of the set and you will stay on stage for the Q&A."

"Wait what?"

"You can't be for real?"

"We haven't even practiced!" 

Calum, Ashton and I spoke at once.

"Enough. That's what's happening. I am sure you're both more than capable since you recored that in one take. Also, we will be announcing the contract and the relationship between you and Calum."

I was completely overwhelmed. "But I thought this day was about the boys, I wouldn't want to steal the spotlight." I sat quietly, afraid to go up against Chris.

"Okay so it will work like this, in the Q&A if any questions come up regarding you working with the boys and the relationship between you and Calum, that's when you will address it. If nothing comes up then you make the video you wanted. Anymore questions? Nope, then lets roll."

I stood still for a second and took in all the boys expressions. Michael looked uncomfortable, Luke looked not phased at all, Calum shared the same expression as me, a "what the hell just happened" kinda look and Ashton looked furious. 

I bit my lip and looked away. 

The door opened and Michael, Ashton and Luke started to walk out. I was about to follow but Calum grabbed my hand. "You okay?" He said in a whisper.

"No not really." I said and he squeezed my hand before letting go and catching up with the boys.

I was told to wait until the boys had started to sing before management and I could come out so the attention wouldn't be on us...more like me.

After the cheers and screaming ad died down the boys started to play a song from the new album. I think it was Lie To Me. Chris pushed the door open and we walked out. Luckily the lights were out and the ones that were on were focused on the set. 

I stood with Chris from the side of the make-shift stage. The boys were incredible. This was actually the first time I had seen them perform. Obviously I had seen them in the studio but that was different. They were incredible. 

Luke was singing beautifully, Michael looked lost in the music playing his guitar, Calum was nodding his head slowly to the beat whilst strumming the bass and Ashton, Ashton was looking directly at me as he sang the harmonies and tapped his cajon. More like glaring. He really was angry but I was angry at him as well for leaking the footage. I had to talk to him after this was all over. Surely he couldn't be jealous, we were just friends, he even said so hisself.

A few more songs had passed and it was coming to the end of their last song Youngblood. Chris handed me my guitar and wished me good luck.

"Hey guys, we want to do something a little different and invite a friend up here to come and sing with us." Luke said into the microphone and a stool was placed next to Calum and Luke. Great looks like I'm gonna be centre stage.

"Everyone welcome Sophia Jensen." Luke called. 

The crowd obviously didn't go as crazy as they did for the boys but there were claps and the odd gasp of excitement for my few fans.

I took a deep breath and stepped on to the stage, waving softly at the crowd.

I took my seat and adjusted myself so that I was comfy, guitar on my lap. "Hi guys, nice to meet you all. Thank you for having me." I smiled.

"So Sophia what are we singing today?" Calum said playfully. I was shocked by his ability to act completely different in front of his fans. It was like he was a different person, he was fun and bubbly. He was good at hiding his secrets that was for sure.

I grinned, "We will be playing a cover of Little Do You Know." I said and started to strum.

I started to sing and all the boys joined in with the instruments and harmonies. I could tell Ashton was absolutely hating this but I was too busy enjoying the moment on stage.

Everything felt different when I was singing, I didn't have to worry about any of my problems.

The song came to an end too quickly and the crowd irrupted into cheers and claps. I smiled, happy with my performance. 

"Okay so now we will be moving on to the Q&A," Ashton said a little too eagerly.

And with that loads of hands went up into the air. Chris had made his way into the audience with a microphone. He stopped at a girl with blue hair and he held the microphone to her mouth. "Oh my god, hi it's so nice to meet you guys!" She basically shouted and everyone laughed.

"You too, what's your name?" Michael smiled. I could tell he liked her blue hair.

"It's Lana, I have a question for you Michael. When will you next be dying your hair?" She was practically jumping up and down.

He laughed, "well don't tell anyone but me and Crystal both want to dye our hair rose gold." He said referring to his girlfriend. Aw that was goals for sure.

The questions went on for a bit longer mostly about the album really. Until it got to the last five minutes when the questions fell to me.

"I have a question for Sophia. Is that a hickey on your neck? And if so, who's it from?" 

"No it's not a hickey!" I said a bit too quickly that made it look suspicious.

"I can vouch for that, it was so funny, she burnt it in hair and makeup." Luke chuckled.

"Are you sure about that?" Ashton said. 

All eyes went to him and the room went silent. I didn't know what to say.

"Okay I guess you've already heard, but Sophia and I are together, there I said it." Calum said shrugging.

"But it's definitely not a hickey!" I added awkwardly.

The room burst into conversation. Everyone was talking about us, about me and I just sat here frozen.

"Sophia has joined our record label and so you will probably be seeing a lot more of her. Anymore questions?" Calum said but we looked over at Chris and he shook his head. I had to get out of here, I quickly stood up and waved goodbye before rushing off, the boys following closely behind me.

I can't believe what just happened.

AN 

Hi sorry for the wait again but here is part 16. I made it a bit longer for you guys!

Question of the chapter: Are you a reader, a writer or both on wattpad? I may check out your stories:) 

- Liv x

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

651K 39.8K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
196K 3.1K 40
Remember that first day? I do. In the car, the windows rolled down, music flowing through the air. I was at peace with everything and everyone. We we...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...