Royally Flawsome ♛

By Shey_kha

With one leg and a large, cheerful charm, Hales Adams is as normal as any girl can be. She didn't care about... More

Royally Flawsome♛
Prologue
1♛
2♛
3♛
4♛
5♛
6♛
7♛
8♛
9♛
10♛
12♛
13♛
14♛
15♛
16♛
17♛
18♛
19♛
20♛
21♛
22♛
23♛
24 ♛
25 ♛
26 ♛
27 ♛
28 ♛
29 ♛
30 ♛
31 ♛
32 ♛
33 ♛
34 ♛
35 ♛
36 ♛
37 ♛

11♛

166 24 6
By Shey_kha

Amazing Cover by UnwrittenWords__

I frustratingly shove my pyjama and flash comics into my tiny duffel bag. It was just one night at my parents but I needed to finally start reading my Flash comics. I fling my bag across my back and walk towards the door but a cold breeze pulls me back into the room. I glare at the window he uses to sneak in, the curtains flying around as if begging for my attention.

"Not tonight gummy bear," I walk towards it and place the curtains to the side and pull the window shut, the violent whistle of the wind disappearing behind the glass, "Not tonight."

"And I hope not ever again," I hated drama but this time I felt like I was stirring it myself. What was the point of getting mad at him just because he hid his identity from me? I knew deep down it wasn't because I felt like he didn't trust me. Maybe I was just afraid he'd bring more attention towards me, maybe this was an excuse to push him away. I didn't need anymore unwanted attention.

I shut the door behind me and sigh, Hales Adams, a master of running away from her problems. I place my forehead against my door, procrastinating, the wood rough against my forehead and I sigh again.
Why did I have to make everything so complicated?

"Are you alright?" I spin around and smile at the worried looking Logan.

"I've never been better."

He nods towards my duffel bag, "Where are you going?"

"Sleepover."

"Can I join?"

"Sure if you would like to be bunched between my parents," he laughs and shakes his head.

"Ill just escort you there," I smile and follow him as he leads the way as if knowing where I was going.

"I guess we are here."

"Yeah, thanks Logan for um.... escorting me," I walk away from him and towards our front porch not wasting anymore time. I was desperate to meet my parents, I was desperate to tell them all about how well I had managed to live alone. If well consisted of a serial killer prince sneaking into my apartment because I was smart enough to leave my window open, than yes it was very well indeed.

I turn around to wave at Logan who was still standing in the same place I left him off, he waves back, tucks his hand in his jeans pockets and walks away down the empty street.

I turn back around and quietly push the door open, and as expected my dad was sitting on the couch, his squinting eyes peeking from behind his magazine.
"You need glasses old man," his broad laughter fills my ears as he stands to walk towards me, I laugh and run towards his large open arms instantly getting lost in that soothing smell of his I always loved.

"I thought we'd never see you again!" He holds my face in his large hands, his large contagious smile spreading impossibly wide.

"Well here I am Papa," I tiptoe on my one leg and kiss his cheek, his stubble tickling my lips.

"Is that my Bambi!?"

I laugh, "The One and Only Bambi!" She hastily wipes her hands against her flour covered apron and runs towards me, her hands already outstretched for a hug.

"I missed you Bambi," she whispers in my mess of hair.

I hug her tighter, "I missed you more Momma Bambi," I sniff. It was just a short time without them and I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if it would have been longer. Hales Adams would have been in risk of survival.

"How are you?" I walk towards the coach and plomp myself down, sighing in extreme exhaustion.

"Seeing you guys made my day way better," they walk towards the couch and sit on either sides of me as they place their heads on top of mine, a peaceful silence enveloping us.

Cancer, my life changer and my dream breaker was what brought us more closer together and at that moment I think to myself; maybe everything did have a reason to occur, everything has a purpose. Death teaches us that not everything lasts and that one day everything we ever loved will leave us. Heartbreaks make us stronger, Problems make us fighters. No matter the struggle in the end it all teaches us something, everything occurs for a reason.

Maybe even meeting Max.

I watch with not so much fascination the fake glowing stars above me that were adorned all over the hospital ceiling. I didn't like that they glowed in the dark and I also didn't like that they were specially placed there for me. They considered it something that will make me calm I guess but anyone in my situation wouldn't be so much as calm if they knew that tomorrow morning they were to lose a leg. All this crap, all these roses they can't change anything, in the morning Id still wake up to knowing that I would lose my leg.

I turn towards the window when I slowly hear it creak open, I knew who it was and I didn't know why they were here at this time of the night. His long legs appear first then his lean body until finally his smiling face.

"Hello Hoe, consider me your Prince Charming," I push the blanket off my body revealing the ugly hospital robe I was forced to stay in as long as I were to be in this haunted place.

"I would say Hello than a swear word as normal but Im on this thing where Im trying to stop swearing to make my parents happy, but you know me it wont last long," I look over towards the empty packet of gummy bears peeking beneath my pillow.

"What about hello Gummy bear," his expression screamed, 'are you alright?' which I wasn't because I felt like I was going a little bit insane too.

"Anyways, lets forget about this weird dream I had about Hales calling people Gummy Bears instead of the normal 'Bitch' and lets talk about how ugly these decorations are! What are these!? Glowing stars?"

"No they are bleeding stars. What are you doing here?" He gives me one of his mischievous smiles that showed that he clearly didn't come to only meet me, he came for a specific reason I was forced to oblige with because when Sam wants something, Sam gets it.

"Oh stop being a bore! Its your last time with two legs and we better let your leg live its final day! So we are sneaking out to live one of the wildest nights you will ever live with both two of your legs," I smile, I loved how he didn't make me losing a leg a major crisis that needed gloomy faces and endless tears. He made it seem like something normal and I liked it, loved it!

"Where are we going?" I slip on my sandals and stand up.

"Take off your sandals, you are going to feel the earth tonight for the last time with both your legs," I slip off my sandals, my bare feet making contact with the cold hospital tiles.

"Where do you want to go?"

I look down at my two feet and smile,
"Anywhere and Everywhere."

Short Chapter, late Updates, stressful school Life, sorry!😭
But This Chapter Has an Important flashback I hope You Like it!
Please share that Positive Criticism It always helps Improve!

Vote
Share
Comment

~and Dance with Shey💃🏽
(Follow @royally.an.author on Instagram for sneak peeks and to show support for this book! Link in My Bio  )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unbroken By Sierra

Teen Fiction

132K 4.7K 44
Arabella Chase hasn't had the easiest life. Her parents and brother were killed leaving just her and her sister. Imagine a picture perfect family. Li...
18.5K 555 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
634K 21.1K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
509K 18.5K 29
Noah looked at me for a second before moving closer. I sucked the card off his lips but it faltered and fell to the ground. A second later I felt a p...