Fallin' All In You; Shawn Men...

By ILLUMlNATE

"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ... More

Visuals
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Six
Epilogue

Sixty-Five

3.3K 161 33
By ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 65

Daddy's girl

"Oh no my baby, I was just kidding."

•••

January

Peyton

No big life lesson here, just another special moment I never want to forget.

•••

It was Saturday morning and Shawn had the day off. I took this opportunity to run some errands since he was home. He would stay and look after the kids while I get stuff done. Shawn would experience being a single parent first hand.

I was currently at the store by myself. Shawn calls almost every ten minutes making sure I'm okay. After the first few times it got annoying. I loved his concern but he could be a little excessive.

I was at checkout when I got his other call, "Yes shawn?" I answered.

"Just checking up, you almost home?" He asked before laughing.

"Yes shawn, I am almost home. I'm checking out right now." I told him as I paid for the groceries.

"Great I'll see you soon, I love you." Shawn told me.

"I love you too." I said before hanging up.

Once I paid for the groceries I took the cart out to the parking lot. I got to the car and put the groceries in the back. When everything was put away I got in the car and drove back to the house. Luckily there was no traffic so I got to the house unmarked.

I gathered all the groceries in my hands as I walked up the porch steps. I managed to unlock the door after I locked the car. Usually when I lock the car the alarm goes off and lets shawn know I'm home. He would normally walk out and help me but he didn't this time.

I got the door open and walked through. A Whole New World from Aladdin was playing. Shawn was singing to Melody like his life depended on it. I couldn't be mad at the fact that he didn't go out and help when he was singing to Melody. I shut the door and took the bags to the kitchen.

"Hi mommy!" Melody said looking away from Shawn and walking to the kitchen.

"Hi my baby, are you and daddy singing?" I asked as I started to put the groceries away.

"Yes, he's Aladdin." She told me as she tried to look at what I got.

She was almost three years old so she still couldn't see the top. So instead she backed away and stood on her toes to try and look. That was before Shawn swooped her up in his arms and lifted her so she could see.

"I thought I was genie." Shawn asked her.

She giggled as she touched his cheeks, "No." She said dragging out the o.

"Oh I'm not?" Shawn asked her.

"You know what I got?" I asked.

They both looked at me, I pulled out the popsicles from the grocery bag.

"Oh those look yummy." Shawn said and Melody nodded a long.

"I'll give you one but you have to eat it on the table okay?" I asked Melody as I opened the box and took a popsicle out.

"Okay mommy." She said.

I opened the bag it had around it before handing it to her. Shawn put her down.

"What do you say?" Shawn asked her.

"Thank you mommy." Melody told me before going to the table.

Shawn walked over to me and helped put the groceries away.

"So where are the twins?" I asked as I cleaned up the bags.

"Asleep still." Shawn answered as he leaned against the counter and looked at me.

Shawn had this playful look in his eyes. He leaned his back against the counter and crossed his arms along his chest. A smile took over his lips as he looked at me.

I raised my eyebrow in question, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Like what? Can't I just stare at my wife?" He asked which caused me to roll my eyes playfully.

"You can I just haven't seen this look, not for a while. If you're giving me that 'I want more kids look' you're wrong buddy." I told him making it clear I didn't want anymore.

Shawn laughed, "That is definitely not my I want more kids look. It's my 'I can't believe I married this woman look'."

I shook my head, "You're too much Shawn."

"You know what I can't wait for?" Shawn asked.

I sighed as I started to make lunch, which would just consist of sandwiches. I looked up at him and smiled.

"What can't you wait for shawn?" I asked as I went back to making the sandwiches.

"24 years from now, when I get to remarry you." Shawn told me.

"You're already thinking about that? We've been married for only a year. That's so far, why are you thinking about that?" I asked him confused by his thoughts.

Shawn shrugged, "I don't know, just thought about how much I love you. The love of my life, my wife, the mother of my children, my best friend, and I know I am going to be with you till I die."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "What did you do? Or what do you want?"

Shawn rolled his eyes and pushed off the counter, "I was trying to be romantic and you ruined it."

I laughed, "I'm sorry."

"Yeah yeah." Shawn said as he walked over to where Melody was.

"Hey." I called.

Shawn turned to look at me, "I love you." I told him.

"I love you too." He told me before sitting down next to Melody.

I seen her offer him her popsicle, he bit into it making her laugh. I shook my head, he was something else. It made me happy to know he sees himself renewing his vows with me in 24 years. But I just wanted to live in the now, cause in no time time will flash before our eyes.

***

I sat on the couch with Alexander on my lap. Madelyn was on the baby swing close by. I held Alexander so that I could lean down a little and give him kisses. I could see a lot of Shawn in him, in both of them since they're identical. But luckily my genes kicked in and helped Madelyn out.

"Oh you got me!" Shawn said pretending to be hurt.

Shawn and Melody have been play fighting for the past twenty minutes now. This all started after they watched Peter Pan and the scene with Peter Pan and hook fighting.

Shawn fell on the couch and covered his face. Melody smiled and laughed at the sight of him. But then Shawn decided to add more effect and fake cry. I shook my head at his dramatization.

"Daddy." Melody said sounding like she didn't believe him.

But Shawn continued and soon I seen her smile disappear. She got on the couch and went by his face.

"Daddy, no cry." Melody said sounding concerned and sad.

"Shawn, she's going to end up crying." I warned him.

I could already see her face get red, next would be her eyes getting glossy. That was the thing about Melody, we were unsure of who she was a bigger fan of. Daddy or mommy? Though over time she's grown extremely close to shawn, maybe because he's hardly home.

So when she sees him upset whether it's real or fake it hurts her. Which would explain why she was on the verge of tears. Melody really loved him a lot.

Shawn took his hands off his face and looked at Melody, "Oh no my baby, I was just kidding."

He sat up and she sat there rubbing her eyes. She wasn't crying but she was trying to clear her eyes. Shawn picked her up and hugged her before kissing her on the side of her head. He pulled away from her and had her look at him.

"Look I'm okay." He reassured her.

Melody leaned against him and kept her eyes on the movie. We were now watching The Little Mermaid II. Shawn looked over at me and had a pout but also looked like he was trying not to laugh. I shook my head at him but had a smile.

"Can't believe you almost made our baby cry." I said as I looked back down at Alexander.

"I didn't think she would, I feel bad." Shawn said with a light laugh.

"Of course she would she loves you more than she probably loves me. You're a dork." I told him.

He gives her another kiss on the cheek. Before laying down with her, he laid down so she can lay on his chest. Melody kept watching the movie though. It was one of her favorites, mostly cause she always heard her name in it.

"Is that you Melody?" Shawn asked her when Sebastian called for Melody in the movie.

She nodded her head even though she had blonde hair and not black. But we couldn't tell her that, it would ruin the fun and magic. She believed she was the actual character and that's what we'd let her believe. Though in a way she was the character.

She was just our Melody.

•••

Maybe there was a lesson learned. I learned that Melody was a daddy's girl. So not so much a lesson everyone can learn but something new I learned.

Authors Note//
I think this book is ending tomorrow, just one more update before the epilogue!
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 601 105
no matter what they always find a way back to each other
28K 1.1K 60
"You only live once." This is the overly used excuse that we use every time we make a decision and that's fine because it's true. This also goes with...
316K 11K 45
"What If I Told You a Story? All about someone who loves you..." ••• Sequel to I Don't Even Know Your Name Af...
13.7K 399 12
"Wherever you go, I'll be with you. There's not a place on Earth where you can hide from me; I'll follow you beyond the afterlife if I have to." Dark...