Low-key | ✓

By isesaki

When International Pop Boy Band Sensation Why Don't We's lives are threatened, only one person is capable of... More

Low-key
e p i g r a p h
d e d i c a t i o n
p l a y l i s t
Blurb
Legal Terms
(1) Agent Sun
(2) Why Don't We
(3) Agent Sun
(4) Why Don't We
(6) Why Don't We
(7) Agent Sun
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
e p i l o g u e
BONUS CHAPTER // chapter one
High-key
1 | Who's S?
2 | Rewrite the.. Gunshot?!
3 | At Your Service
4 | You're.. Oh My God!
5 | Apple Juice
6 | Four Seasons
7 | You're Out!
8 | The Four Boys Are..
9 | Corbyn
10 | New Recruit
11 | Brother
12 | Four!
13 | That Was Hot
14 | Underground
15 | Demented
16 | Moms
17 | Traitor
18 | I Don't Deserve an Oscar
19 | You're Taking Me..
20 | Broken Promise
21 | Mc21
22 | No More Asti
23 | Timeskip!
24 | Better Luck Next Time
26 | CPR
25 | Of Blind Dates and Reunions
27 | Mission
Epilogue

(5) Agent Sun

1.7K 65 26
By isesaki

Agent Sun

"Your files say your band has been receiving death threats. Is that correct?" The agent's voice cut through the silence that had ensued between the six of them not so long ago. The boys had been fidgeting amongst themselves while she stared them down. To Sun, it was funny and irritating at the same time.

The four boys nodded, one's eyes looked downcast, showing indifference. Sun chose to ignore him. If he didn't want her here, she doesn't care. She didn't want to be here either, and yet here she was sitting in a booth in a well-known coffee shop in Los Angeles, California, talking to a bunch of pop stars about their current dilemma.

"Corbyn's actually the one receiving them directly." Zachary disclosed, blowing a piece of stray hair that went to his forehead. One thing that the agent had noticed about this young boy was that his cheeks were red most of the time. In his photo in the file she had of him, and in real life, the boy has a tinge of red painting his cheeks, and the agent secretly wondered if it was because he had a weird allergy.

Sun's eyebrows shot up at the revelation. Had Zach not disclosed this information to her, she would have never guessed. The blonde boy has been nothing but indifferent to the whole ordeal. It seemed as though he doubted her with every ounce of spite in his body. Though, the girl did notice that he seemed to like pushing her buttons, which she was not fond of. Maybe this was his way of showing her that he didn't like the idea of having her as their bodyguard. Him and her both, she internally scoffed. She never wanted to be a bodyguard in the first place. However, there was something about him that triggered something in her. This boy, Corbyn Matthew Besson had left a certain impression on her. He was something different. A good or a bad something, that, she doesn't know yet.

"Is that correct, Mr. Besson?" She looked at the dirty blonde haired boy who kept his eyes glued on the napkin holder. He nodded, his stare unwavering. If he continues staring at the napkins like that, he'd probably be charged for toiletries harassment.

Sun clicked her tongue, "Well if that's-"

"Good afternoon, may I please take your orders?" A new voice added into the conversation, irritating the agent. Had she not been in a public place, she would have shot this snotty waitress dead for interrupting her.

Sun's eyes averted from the blonde boy and to a waitress who looked as if she was good enough to be thrown to the non-biodegradable trash bin. Her skin was orange from the spray tan that- Sun assumed- she had gotten. Her strawberry blonde hair had a distinct smell that caused the boys to grimace.

Sun scanned the waitress' appearance with a blank stare and held back a grimace of her own. Her face was caked with makeup a thousand shades too light for her fake tan. If she did that to get a guy's attention, then she successfully did, in all the wrong ways possible. Not to be judgemental, but her face stuck out like a white sore thumb. Her name plate read Clarra.

This isn't a nightclub. The agent thought to herself after scanning the waitress' appearance and then looked away.

The boys each gave their order and Clarra happily wrote them down on her notepad. Her huge grin never left her face as she kept her head low for the boys to be able to see her boobs on full display due to her low-cut tank top. The boys, however, tried their best not to let the waitress flash them. They had morals, and clearly, this girl had none.

As she turned to Sun, her grin almost faltered at the cold grey eyes she was met with.

"Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Caffeinated Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, and Ice ." Sun recited the order she had memorized by heart with a blank stare, before the waitress could even ask.

With that, Clarra left the table flabbergasted and went to fix up the orders. The boys' mouths were agape. They didn't know anyone who was more picky and specific when it comes to coffee, aside from Jonah. The crystal blue eyed boy with brown hair openly gawked at his bodyguard's order. She literally just stole the coffee lover's heart, and she wasn't even aware of the fact.

"Back to the main topic." Sun said as her gaze landed on Corbyn whose sea green eyes were downcast, tapping away at his phone.

The four boys were looking at their exchange with tense postures. Jonah wanted to reprimand his bandmate for having such an unacceptable behavior, but he knew more than to interfere. The last thing he wanted to happen was for Sun to get mad at him.

"Mr. Besson, It's vital that you pay attention, you all play a part in this. This isn't a simple matter you can shrug off and go on your phone to." The girl watched the band fidget as she chastised the blonde boy.

Corbyn loved getting this kind of reaction from her, but he would never admit that out loud. From the day he first met her, she seemed to flip on a switch in him, and getting her attention was now on top of his to-do list. He loved the thrill of having her argue with him all the time. Whether it was her snarky comebacks or her bossy attitude that gave him the thrill, he couldn't figure it out. One thing's for sure though. He craved the thrill she gave him. And he wasn't going to stop until his cravings were satisfied.

With that, Corbyn looked at her with a raised an eyebrow, putting his phone in his pocket. His sea green eyes meeting her beautiful grey ones. "What could you do to help us?" His voice cut through the obvious awkward atmosphere that he had caused.

The four boys' heads snapped toward Corbyn so fast, the girl was surprised they didn't get a whiplash. It took all the strength in Sun to stop herself from putting a bullet through this boys head. However, even though he irritated her greatly, she was intrigued by his fiery attitude.

Before Sun could speak, she felt something strange. There was something wrong. Her nose turned up as the distinct smell of an illegally smuggled Centurion 39 AK and a Draco AK-47. These two weapons were illegal in Connecticut, California, Florida, and many other states in America.

The ignorant boy continued on with his speech whilst the agent's attention was elsewhere. She was clenching and unclenching her fists over the pocketknife she had in the motorcycle glove she had kept on both her hands.

"You're just a kid like us! Sure, you may be some high-ranked official or whatever, but who says that it was your skills that got you to the top? Maybe, I don't know, you used your body to get there." Corbyn shrugged nonchalantly and then took out his phone once more, tapping away.

The four boys decided to mind their own businesses, as they knew better than to be like Corbyn. However, one of them noticed that something was off. Daniel, who had been one of the silent few throughout the meeting, saw the agent clenching and unclenching her fists. Was she planning on hurting Corbyn? God, he knew that his bandmate must have gone a little overboard with his chastisement.

The boy then looked behind her, seeing two black-attired masked men sitting a booth away from them, each holding guns.

"Put your hands up, this is a stand up!" One of them shouted, firing two shots on the cafe's ceiling, successfully creating huge holes in the wooden roof. The people were thrown into panic mode. One of the two armed men then rounded the tables, stealing money and belongings from the customers.

Seeing the panicked look on the boys' faces, Sun was quick to jump in bodyguard mode. She had no choice but to start her job early. "Under the table, now." She growled at the boys who looked as if they were going to die any moment.

They were if they didn't follow her instructions. Sun inwardly groaned when they stayed still.

"I said, now !" She repeated, making the boys clamber underneath the table. At the corner of her eye, she could see Corbyn's gaze shift to her.

She ignored his stare as her eyes examined the cafe again, she saw no trace of the two armed men at the back of the cafe. Sun quickly left the table and walked out to where she could see the culprits. The place looked as if it was evacuated already. The people were cowering in fear underneath booth tables, hands above their heads.

Her heels were silent as she walked over to the general direction of the two armed men.

"Wilson Gertrude Green, fancy seeing you here, mate." She spoke casually, as though this was just another normal encounter. But she knew better than to think of this as a simple matter.

The two now-unmasked men turned around and she saw the familiar face of Turnip Green's brother and his best friend, Yanny Laurel; those two were Turnip's minions. She wanted to meet them last time, but they left their boss to die and ran away.

Shock was evident in Wilson's face for he did not know how this girl knew him. He never had the privilege of meeting her before, but now he did. He quickly recovered from the shock as he raised his gun and aimed for Sun.

Sun internally scoffed at the man's lack of gun-hand coordination. His footing is wrong and his aim is on the clock ten centimeters away from my head.

"Hands above your head, little girl." He smirked, attempting to be scaring.

Sun followed, feigning innocence. The man smirked smugly to himself, seeing the girl weak made him feel superior. The girl wanted to spit at his smug face as she was far from being mortified. Her eyes trailed towards the other armed man who was openly checking her out. How disgusting. She badly wanted to punch his face and put a bullet through his balls while he screamed bloody murder.

Corbyn, the boys, and the rest of the customers were now looking at the weird sight.

A white-haired girl with all the characteristics of a pathetic, weak, blonde bimbo, was standing in front of two villains with guns? Such a weird sight to see for regular onlookers.

Corbyn didn't want to admit it to himself, but he was rather worried for the girl's welfare. If she really was as strong as she claimed she was, why is she letting herself be held at gunpoint? The other boys, however, had put their trust in the girl. Jonah knew she was perfectly capable of handling herself. But if she needed his help, he would be more than willing to jump in action. He could take on a man as well. Not many knew of Jonah's passion for boxing. It wasn't exposed out to the public, otherwise the paparazzi would trail behind him every time he went to the boxing training center, so he kept it secret.

Sun saw Wilson nod at Yanny as he made his way to the coffee shop office. He left Yanny with the girl. Yanny walked towards her, a menacing grin on his face.

"You're so so so brave, baby girl." He tried to seduce the girl with a sickeningly sweet smirk on his face. Yanny didn't look a day over 25. He was good looking, that she could openly admit. However, his looks didn't change her prospect of the situation. He didn't know what she was capable of, which meant that he thought he was messing with a blonde bimbo.

She mentally rolled her eyes as his attempt to be seductive wanted to make Sun throw up.

"Oh the wondrous things I could do to you." He smirked, licking his lips.

Sun really wanted to vomit now, but she held her nausea back. "Do them to me." She spoke sweetly as he stuck his head in between the right side of Sun's neck and ear. This disgusted her to the max, and she wanted no more than to gas out his lungs in public.

He visibly shivered at the tone of her voice, which made Sun smirk slyly as she picked something from her left motorcycle glove. In a flash, she held her pocket knife to his throat. She clutched the back of his neck with her right hand, leaving no air for the man to breathe.

The girl smirked to herself when she saw the onlookers gasp at her actions. "I dare you."

Yanny's eyes almost bulged out of its sockets while he choked out for Wilson's help, but he couldn't hear him from inside the cafe's office.

The girl flipped him on his back and straddled his waist. The man continued choking as she kept the knife pressed onto his neck, making blood ooze out. With her body holding him down, she used her right hand to grab her white glock from inside her bra. She didn't hesitate to shoot his left arm to keep him down. The gunshot was barely heard as she kept her silencer on. The man's eyes widened as he felt the blood pour out of his arm.

The boys watched her in amazement; Corbyn, more than the others. Their mouths were agape as they saw her take her bloody knife off the man's neck. They all sucked in a breath when they saw her stab the man's right arm. "Shit!" He cursed as a searing pain went through his arm.

"Stop moving." Her pink lips uttered as she pulled the knife from his arm. "I'm having fun, aren't you?" She saw him writhe underneath her, and she loved the feeling of having someone's life on her hands. Especially when that someone is a criminal.

The man took deep breaths, annoying the agent straddling him. "Stop breathing." She plunged a knife on his right chest, making the man scream in pain. Blood was all over the floor, and customers were covering their eyes to spare themselves the mortifying view of a girl openly murdering a criminal.

"W-who are you?" The man managed to choke out a question as he tried to pry her off of him, with the little amount of strength he had.

Sun raised her glock for him to see the gold signature embossed at the barrel of the gun. The girl held a sinister grin on her face, while her eyes were ablaze. His eyes widened in realization of who the girl on top of him was. The legend, rumours, they were true. The devil-like creature with the eyes of heaven.. she exists.

She aimed for his tonsils, when he opened his mouth to speak. "S-sun."

With a demonic glare and a sinister smile, she pulled the trigger. The perverted man was gone- dead.

She heard the people in the cafe gasp in shock at what she had done, but she could care less. This was her job, and she was going to do it well. She held her white glock and wiped the blood on her knife using the dead man's black shirt, ignoring the stares she was getting from the boys, the staff and the customers.

"Now for minion number 2." She quietly whispered to herself,made her way to the office and stealthily opened the door.

The man began to turn around while he was raiding the money counter, "Oh great, Yann-"

The agent didn't think twice before aiming for the head of the man, and shooting him dead on the spot. The body fell to the floor, giving Sun the satisfaction of killing two heinous people today.

"Clean up, Javalogy." She spoke casually into the earpiece she always had on. ATC better come and clean this thing up. She knew that Cyrus will send someone out from NYC to California to do this task, which she was grateful for. Looks like they were just here for a money heist. She stepped over the dead body and made her way out the office.

"It's safe." She announced, making the people come out of their hiding places. The people began to disperse out of the premises, all looking at Yanny's brutally murdered body as they did so. They wouldn't want to be him, really.

Sun made her way to the boy band she was guarding and saw them clambering out of the table. The boys had mixed emotions on their faces, but one that stood out was amazement. All in a days work. She met the blonde haired boy's gaze, who looked utterly impressed with the stunt she pulled.

She leered at the blonde boy, "Mr. Besson, you were saying?"

-

If you wish to read more of this story and my other books, kindly show your support by voting, commenting your thoughts, sharing this book, and by following me!

Be part of the #PITAfamily!

Happy reading! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 59 9
Childhood au where Maya can't catch a break and Lucas just wants the world for his best friend. Trigger warnings: mentions of suicide/death, suicida...
66.4K 2.2K 9
₍ 𝟢2.𝟢𝟢 𝖺𝗆 ₎ " 𝖺𝗒𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝖾𝗅𝗅 𝗆𝖾 𝗐𝗁𝗒 " "𝖠𝖨𝖭'𝖳 𝖭𝖮𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖡𝖴𝖳 𝖠 𝖧𝖤𝖠�...
1.8K 241 18
There's something hiding in the vast expanse of the forest, lurking in the shadows, waiting to claim people's souls. ...or at least this is what Lucy...
1.5K 141 8
Remus Lupin, a young, shy werewolf, must win a pranking competition to earn his place among the wizard children. A lighthearted tale of building fri...