congratulations; lamelo ball

By httpJB

"looks like congratulations are in order" More

prologo.
uno.
dos.
tres.
cuatro.
cinco.
seis.
siete.
ocho.
nueve.
LiAngelo Ball
diez.
once.
trece.
catorce.

doce

4.2K 87 16
By httpJB

Chapter completed: 1/4/19
Chapter published: 1/4/19
Chapter edited

Elyana

I watched as Melo got ready. "How long are you going to be gone?", I asked sadly.
The JBA team was preparing for their tour and I couldn't be more upset. I missed having Melo around when he was gone for practice. Imagine how much I'd miss him while he was in another continent.

"We probably won't be back until November", he sighs. I nod and feel tears come to my eyes. "Mamas. Don't cry", he hugged me.

"I don't want you to leave me", I sniffed. He pulled my head back and kissed my forehead. "I know mamas. Look on the bright side. I'll be back way before your due date. You can FaceTime me whenever you want and as long as I'm not in the middle of game, I'll drop whatever it is I'm doing and pick up", he kissed my lips.

I sighed and wiped my face. "Ok. I love you", I smiled small.

"I love you more mamas", he rubbed my baby bump kissing the side of my head.

"Ok. I'll keep you up to date on everything. My next appointment is two weeks from now", I let out a deep breath and put on a smile.

"Yeah? I'll be available for a FaceTime call", he smiled.

"Ok now finish packing. You know your dad is gonna spazz", I laugh. He shakes his head rolling his eyes.

"Man. Fuck that", he waves me off. I laugh and continue to help him out.

✍🏽

Three weeks later

It had been three weeks since Melos departure and I was thankful for Zo and Denise. They made sure I didn't feel alone whatsoever. Gina was amazing when it came to taking over for Melo. She slept over all the time and would do the midnight runs I needed her to do.

"Did you hear? Melo pimp slapped some dude", Gina laughed walking into the laundry room.

I raised an eyebrow looking at her. "What are you talking about?", I ask her. I knew Melo was a bit wild but not this wild.

"Yup. Some Lithuanian player or whatever tried to son him and Melo pimp slapped him", she explained handing me her phone. I watched the video and then scrolled through the comments. People were further explaining the situation and revealed that he was ejected from the game.

Oh my god. Lavar is gonna to eat him alive for this. I reached for my phone and FaceTimed him. Instead of Melo answering it was Gelo.

"Hey, G. I heard what happened. Is he there?", I asked hopefully. He looked away from the phone letting me know Melo was there. He just didn't wanna talk to me. "Give his ass the phone", I roll my eyes.

"What, mamas?", he covered his face with his arm.
"What happened? You know better than that", I ask with a sigh. He shrugs. "I'm tired of niggas thinking I'm soft. He put his hands on me so I returned it", he replied.

"You do know your dad is disappointed right? I mean c'mon Melo. This is your career we're talking about here. You gotta know that these things affect you", I stare at him. He nods.

"Can we drop it? Tell me about my babies", he removes his arm. I flip the camera and go stand in the mirror.

"They're 6 months going on 20", I laugh. My baby bump was out of this world. "It'll be back to regular size tomorrow, though. It's weird".

"You look good mamas", he smiles. I smile back. "Thanks, bubba. I needed to hear that".

"I'll call you later. We just got to the hotel", he sits up. I nodded and went to sit back down.

"I love you. Stop being reckless and be safe", I blow him a kiss. "I love you too. And I will", he rolls his eyes. I let it slide and hang up.

"Ok. So, your packages should be getting here tomorrow", Gina looked up at me.

"From Children's Place?", I ask her.

"Yeah. And the ones from Old Navy as well", she pulls up the order. I nod and suddenly feel a wave of excitement.

BALL IN THE FAMILY INTERVIEW

COURTNEY: how have these couple of weeks been without Melo?

ELYANA: it hasn't been as bad as I thought. I mean I miss him and I definitely want him here to experience everything. But his family and my friends have done a great job at making sure it isn't as hard.

COURTNEY: and how do you feel now about having twins? Are you excited?

ELYANA: for sure. At first I was a little iffy because I dont know the first thing about raising a child let alone two. Now I'm really excited. I can't wait for them to get here

INTERVIEW OVER

"My babies are going to be drippin", Gina rubbed my bump. I laughed shaking my head at her.

✍🏽

"Hey, mamas. I have some news I think you'll like", Melo smiled into the camera. I raised an eyebrow setting the clothes I was folding aside.

"What?", I ask. I couldn't help but smile as well because he wouldn't stop smiling.

"I'm going back to school", he smirks. I frown.

"C'mon. What is it?", I roll my eyes.
"I'm going back to school. Spire in Ohio are allowing me to play for them while I attend the school", he explains.

"Oh my god. But I thought you weren't eligible?", I sit up straight.

"Since I didn't receive any money or any of that while playing overseas and for the JBA, it doesn't mess with the rules", he continued to explain.

"I'm so happy to hear that. I know how much you were losing your love for the game", I smile. He nods and then looks behind him.

"So get ready to pack", he winks at me.

"Wait. Pack for what?" I pause and then realize what he was getting at. "Melo. I'm not moving to Ohio", I shook my head.

"What? What about the babies? I'm not gonna be there. Don't do this, Elyana", his voice got lower and he removed the camera from his face.

"Melo. You know I can't just pick up and move across the country. I have a life here", I say sadly. I hear him moving around and I sigh knowing he was trying to distract himself.

"So my kids having their father around isn't enough for you to pick up and move? You've been begging and begging since you got pregnant to move out on our own. Take this opportunity to do so", he picks the phone back up.

"Melo. Can we talk about this when you get back? I just wanna think this over and talk about this in person", I say. He nods his head and I smile small.

"I love you", I tell him.
"I love you too, mamas. I really do", he sighs.

✍🏽

Why this took me so long to update? I have no idea. But I've overcome writers block and the lost desire to write. I'm back loves❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 1.8K 60
This is a sequel to "Love at First Sight" if you havent read that please go check it out before reading this book. Hope you enjoy!
26.1K 543 30
โ ๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง๐ญ, ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ โž - ๐‰๐”๐‹๐˜ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘ slow ass updates as always.
259K 4.9K 57
A LaMelo Ball Story ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿฆ‹