Both Sides of a Coin: My Hero...

Oleh Xuatiel

In a world where 80% of the population currently have supernatural abilities, there is sure to be a few who s... Lebih Banyak

Part 1

Part 2

231 8 2
Oleh Xuatiel

Y/N sat at the end of his bed with his shirt partially lifted. His hand was pressed lightly against the scar on his lower abdomen.

Y/N: 'It's been a year...'

He reached for the Tv remote and switched his Tv on. A lady in a suit sat on a chair as she began to read off the news.

News lady: "We have reports that the criminal Lucas Krow, also known as just Krow, has escaped from prison. His escape was documented and we will speak more about it later on today."

On the screen text scrolled across, detailing things about him. The main part that Y/N paid attention to was his quirk.

Y/N: 'Relaxation: an ability that converts any physical damage into endorphins that surround affected areas. So any pain get into a sense of relaxation.'

He sighed to himself and got off of his bed, putting on some clothes as walked around his room

-----------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's dad: "Morning Y/N!"

Y/N was halfway down the stairs as his father called to him from the kitchen. Even though his back was still in constant pain he had made it his mission to help around the house and make food again.

Y/N's dad: "I've made pancakes! Make sure you're all packed up and ready, we're going to go training again today!"

He moved from the kitchen with a plate of pancakes in his hand and placed it on the middle of the dining table before taking a seat.

Y/N: "Alright! Time to eat!"

Y/N ran down the stairs and sat at the free seat. With a smiling face, he grabbed his knife and fork and began to dig into his meal.

Y/N: "Have you spoken to your friend again? What was her name...Inko Midoriya?"

Y/N's dad: "Ah, yes I have. She seemed pretty worried about you once she heard what happened. I've been catching up with her a few times recently."

Y/N: "That's good, I'm glad you've been getting in up and about recently.

Y/N's father finished his plate and took it to the kitchen, he grabbed a bag hanging from the door and took it.

Y/N's dad: "Okay, once you've finished we're off!"

Y/N finished his plate eagerly and nodded his head to show that he understood.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Today was a pretty overcast day, there were dark patches covered part of the beach where clouds loomed over.

Y/N's dad: "This is a perfect place to test your abilities isn't it? A secluded paradise where we can train in peace."

Y/N followed behind his father with a half-full bottle of juice, he watched with content as his dad admired the beach that the two of them once went to all that time ago.

Y/N: "So we're continuing from where we left off right?"

Y/N's dad: "Of course, I'll stick to the basics for now and we'll step up the difficulty as we go. You'll need to train and study hard if we're going to get you into UA."

Y/N's face dropped a little, his eyes showing hints of concern.

Y/N: "Are you sure it's okay for me to go to UA? What if something happens to you and I'm not there to help?"

Y/N's Dad: "I'll be fine Y/N. These old bone may not move as good as they used to but don't treat me like an old man. I'm a professional hero you know."

Y/N: "You mean you were a professional hero. I just don't want you to hurt yourself."

His father chuckled and pulled two torches from his bag, throwing one to his son.

Y/N's dad: "So you think your old mans' gone soft eh? I guess I'll have to show you that I'm not a useless man yet."

His father turned the torch on and placed his other hand over the torch. The light was drained from it and absorbed into his hand before he clasped his hand together. Separating them revealed a scimitar made of solidified light which he grasped in his right hand.

Y/N followed, following the same process as his father, however, the weapon that he summoned was a regular old sword.

Y/N's dad: "Ready? Begin!"

His father took a step forward while holding his curved blade in front of him. Y/N charged forward hoping to strike at close range. He swung his sword at his father only to have it blocked as he used the side of his scimitar to block against it whilst pushing Y/N back a little. Y/N continued to swing the best he could from every angle without any coordination only to have his father block every attack with ease.

Y/N: 'How am I supposed to get past his defences? This isn't possible!'

Y/N was about to wing again but he was put on the defensive as his father swung at him, using the curved part to force Y/N to fall to the floor if he didn't want to get slashed by the blade.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1 month later

Y/N swung one of his two daggers into his father scimitar, he managed to push against his father's strength for a moment before he was overpowered. He quickly ducked under the scimitar and used that moment to swing his other dagger towards his father's stomach.

Y/N: 'Now I have him, there's no way he can escape from this.'

Despite Y/N feeling so sure that he'd won he found himself to be three centimetres away from the scimitar that his father had stopped just before it would have slashed his face. Y/N dropped his weapons and admitted defeat with a disappointed look on his face

Y/N's dad: "Don't worry about losing. You've gotten a lot better in just this month, and we still have a lot of time left before we register you up for UA, by that time you will have the skills and knowledge to pass. It is my last wish as a hero to see my successor make it into the hero course, and I believe that you have what it takes!"

He gave his son a thumbs up.

Y/N's dad: "Come on, let's get some dinner."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The two of them made their way towards a fish and chip shop. Y/N hate this irremovable grin on his face, zipping up his black coat as pelts of rain bounced off of the clothing.

Y/N: "You know dad, you've gotten a lot better recently. Being able to get out with me again and even fighting. Are you sure you don't want to be a hero again?"

His father turned to his son and smiled, ruffling his hair and giving him a calm gaze.

Y/N's dad: "I'm sure. Even if I can move again I'm still too old for fighting. I don't have the ability to slice through buildings like I used to. But I'm okay with that. I've gone past my hero days. But you, you have the potential to become stronger than I ever was. You can help people who need it. You can be the light that shows people the way to safety."

Y/N looked away shyly but nodded, acknowledging his father's words. Even if the idea of placing his life on the line for people was scary he knew that the look on the faces of people he saves will be worth the risk. He knew he didn't have the strongest power, he couldn't tear buildings apart like All Might or set the world ablaze like Endeavor. But his power could still save countless people, and with his father behind him, he had a good chance of reaching those people.

Y/N's dad: "Tell you what, let's stop fighting for now. I know of a beach that would be perfect for training your archery and training your ability to traverse terrain. It's full of washed-up junk, perfect for jumping between and breaking apart! It'll also help clean up this place a little. How does that sound?"

Y/N: "Yeah, that sounds nice. It'll be the same time as tomorrow then I'll assume?"

Y/N's dad: "Of course! We've still got a lot of training to do if you're gonna get into UA!"

The two laughed and continued their walk home with high hopes of the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------

An: Man it's been a while huh, how is everyone? Anyway, sorry for not publishing anything in such a long time. Holidays came along and I had to plan a lot of stuff for the family.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

The next part is being worked on now, I'd make a prediction on when I think It'll be out but I'm not very good at sticking to it. The rest of the chapters will be shorter but there will be more of them.

See you all later!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

402K 14.1K 88
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
307K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
258K 8.7K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...