Halaal Love

By Panda-licious

Everyone is given a choice in love. To take it seriously or not. To make it Halal, or Haram. Habibah, a twen... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Note
Epilogue
IMPORTANT

Chapter 31

9.5K 434 21
By Panda-licious

Omar's POV (A/N: Omar fans, please calm down :3)

I've just arrive at the office with my raw mood. The busy schedule of Habibah has gotten on my nerves lately. I shouldn't have let her get her license if I know this is what will happen.

She goes to the hospital at seven in the morning and comes home after Maghrib. Sometimes, a negative thought would appear, but thankfully, I'm mature enoigh to stop my brain from ruining my life.

Currently, I'm inside a class, observing the whole students as they are taking their test.

"Remember the importance of the test." I remind them all, literally glaring at a boy who's trying to cheat from the girl sitting next to him. He immediately lowers his head and focuses back on his test paper, after he catches me glaring at him. Good.

"Mr. Abdullah?" My head tilts to look at the person calling my name. There's the man who sends mails for the workers in this university.

"Just a sec," I excuse myself from the class and walk towards the man, questioning myself. I never receive any mail.

The man extends his hands to show an envelope that he's been holding. Envelope? Huh? I sign on the paper before grabbing a hold of the envelope.

"Jazakallah," I nod and walk back inside after shutting the door. I place the envelope on the table before observing the class again.

•••

The break finally arrive. Well, not really a break, but since I don't have any class to teach during this time, I consider it as a break for myself.

This is the time where I'm thankful that they have a cafe near the university because I forgot to bring my lunch. Sorry Habibi.

I take a sip from my orange juice before tearing the envelope, revealing a letter and photographs. Photographs? Curiosity floods over me. I never asked for any photographs...? Even though I'm more curious than the cat, I decide on reading the letter first.

'Omar,

I hope after you see the photographs, you'll realize that she's not as good and pious as you think. Indeed, she's far worst than what you thought of me.

Your beloved past.'

My eyebrows pinch together. I'm not reading this wrong, right? Who's my beloved past and who's she?

Without thinking twice, I snatch all of the photographs from the envelope, placing them all on the table and I slowly take a look at them. So... she's the she?

"I should've known the reasons to why you always come late." I whisper to myself. These all... How stupid am I? How stupid am I to let all of these happen? I feel like she's just playing with my feelings.

I'm speechless and it feels like my heart is being rended. Is this all revenge? Revenge of what Ra'eesa and I've done? Why doesn't she realize that Ra'eesa is my past and I love her now, instead of Ra'eesa. I love her more than myself and I'd do anything to protect her and to be by her side.

•••

Habibah's POV (A/N: breathe girls, breathe XD)

I've just finished the report about the last patient, Ambers-and now I have to give the report to Umar because he's the highest doctor in the psychology's section.

"Mr. Umar? This is the report of the last case, Ambers." I smile, extending my arms to hand him the files. He nods his head and says that I can now leave. I bow in respect and walk out of his office.

Ever since that lunch incident, he's been distant to me and I'm honestly grateful for it. At least, I don't have to be worried for any rumors that might come chasing to tear my marriage with Omar.

Though I feel bad for what I've done, I've explained to him about my status as a wife and how a single harmless lunch can affect my marriage.

"Saranghaeyo yeobo(I love you honey[husband])! Saranghaeyo yeobo!" My phone buzzes inside my pocket, making me blush. Omar must've changed his caller's ringtone. I quickly take the phone from my pocket and raise it on my ear.

"Assalamualaikum?"

"Waalaikumsalaam. Habibah, can you meet me at the cafe near to the hospital? Cappochi cafe."

"Uhm, Omar I still have works and it's not break yet." I bite my lip nervously. He doesn't sound alright. He's calling me Habibah instead of Habibi...

"Just please..."

"Omar I can't. I'm sorry. What's the urge anyway?"

"I just miss you, okay?"

"We can meet at home." I hear him sighs on the other line.

"Fine. But do come home before Maghrib."

"I promise I'll come home at four okay?"

"Alright. Wassalamualaikum.."

"Waalaikumsalaam..." The line immediately goes dead and I sigh, shoving my phone back into my pocket.

•••

"You're home, huh?" Omar asks, leaning on the doorframe of our bedroom. I turn to face him. What's wrong with him?

"Yes, I am. Why...?"

"Oh, nothing... Is there any reason that I'm not supposed to know what you do at the hospital?" I hiss.

"I work, Omar. What else do you think I do? I'm not a low woman." I stand up, getting furious of what he thinks about me.

"This. This is what you do." He grabs an envelope from the drawer and throws it at me.

"Astaghfirullah.. What is wrong with you, Omar?" I yell, my cheeks becoming warm as the blood rushes through my veins swiftly.

"Open it, would you?" I shake my head at his sudden cold attitude. I pull out the photographs from the envelope, flipping the photographs to look at each and every one of them.

"I can explain this..." I whisper, my voice becoming low due to the nervousness that overpowers me.

"Explain then." He says, tilting his head to the side.

"He's Umar, an old friend who was in the group that I was in, along with Jassim too. He asked me for a lunch, a friendly one that's it. But I swear I didn't finish the lunch with him. I knew it was wrong--"

"You knew it was wrong, yet you accepted?"

"Y--well, I'm sorry okay. But I can guarantee you that we have nothing..." He still doesn't look at me. "Omar, please just believe me."

He sighs, "and yet you don't believe me when I said that there's nothing between Ra'eesa and I anymore."

"Omar, I'm sorry I was being childish by not believing you..." I can tell I'm on the verge of tears as my voice begin to crack.

"We need rest. We need sometime to consider what we're doing. We all know that this will lead to nowhere if we both keep on letting the ego to control us. Maybe for now... we have to be on ourselves." That's the first time I hear him say so maturely.

"So... you don't want me here anymore, do you?" He sighs, locking his eyes with me.

"I never said so. I just said that we have to be on ourselves to consider our mistakes."

"You're sending me away from here, aren't you?"

"Just... leave me alone for now." By now, tears are streaming down my face, silent sobs slowly escape my lips.

"You know what tears me apart right now? It's the fact that I thought we can work together, face through stupid rumors and people who want us apart. But I'm more than disappointed in you Omar. I'm disappointed..." I can't continue to speak anything else as my voice cracks. I can't bear the tension, the stupid heat that makes me uncomfortable and furious. "I hope you realize..."

"Don't make this any harder..." I hear him whispers, which I think, I'm not suppose to hear.

Without anymore talks, I grab the suitcase under the bed and toss all of my clothes inside it. I don't even care how messy I make the bedroom and how wrinkled the clothes are, due to the tosses. All I want is to leave this home now. Where's the Omar that I know? The Omar who'd strive to be the best Imaam in this house?

I take a glance at him who's covering his face with his hands. Why aren't you stopping me? I walk towards the stairs. One... two... three... Isn't this the part in dramas, where the girl counts and the guy stops her? Seven... eight... nine... ten...

"I'm sorry," is all that I hear from his lips. "I'm sorry I can't be the best husband. I'm sorry I don't turn out to be the guy you hoped for. I'm sorry... Y-you c-can leave..." His voice cracks at the end. That's it? Aren't you gonna stop me, Omar Abdullah? Aren't you gonna come down, hug me and whisper to me that we'll be able to pass through this obstacle?

"Leave..." He repeats. I'm disappointed, Omar Abdullah. In you.

"I... love you." I whisper through the sobs--and with that, I snatch my car's key from the shelf and walk out of the door. I toss the suitcase inside the trunk, not caring if I break the trunk or anything.

وَمِنْ ءَايَٰتِهِۦٓ أَنْ خَلَقَ لَكُم مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ أَزْوَٰجًۭا لِّتَسْكُنُوٓا۟ إِلَيْهَا وَجَعَلَ بَيْنَكُم مَّوَدَّةًۭ وَرَحْمَةً ۚ إِنَّ فِى ذَٰلِكَ لَءَايَٰتٍۢ لِّقَوْمٍۢ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ

({[And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): Verily in that are signs for those who reflect.)}

[Ar-Rum: 21]

"Believe Habibah," I whisper to myself. "Indeed, if Omar is whom Allah has fated to be with me till my death, then He will give us a way to come out through this obstacle."

(Assalamualaikum! I'm sorry for the super late update~~ And for that, ta-da! A special chapter.. muekekeke XD I know it's sad, but don't worry, I'll make it fine, In sha Allah :) If not... :3 Then.. khalli walli bye bye to HOmar! xD lol That's it, wassalamualaikum.. chup chup, don't cry wokeyy? xD✌)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 40.6K 47
"You want to go find your brother, and I want to find my best friend. Since you're crazy and do dangerous things you can't go alone. Since I have no...
536K 54.3K 47
What happens when your grandfather picks you, a happily married man with a heavily pregnant wife, amongst all his grandsons to get married to the gr...
6K 1.2K 25
She was an average muslimah but she had a weakness. She had a strong desire, yet her heart was weak. She found a solution to her weakness but it wa...
9.7K 2K 35
After losing her husband, single mother and customer care agent Aabidah Ali decides to leave the busy and bustling city of Lagos to go back to her ho...