Breaking Free » l.∤.

By phoebe_memeseok

[One Direction + 5sos ft. some AOT characters] Katie is a simple Californian girl. She has a stressful life b... More

Chapter 1 - It Started With A Pie
Chapter 2 - The Follow
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Sleepovers & Pepsi
Chapter 5 - Breaking The Ice
Chapter 6 - Forbidden
Chapter 7 - Just A Fan
Chapter 8 - Skype
Chapter 9 - The Baked Potato Co.
Chapter 10 - Hurricane Eudora
Chapter 11 - College Rescue
Chapter 12 - Hero
Chapter 13 - The Surprise
Chapter 14 - Adonna And Lewis
Chapter 16 - The Quiet Dinner
Chapter 17 - Broken Friendship
Chapter 18 - Prom & Anime
Chapter 19 - Eleanor's Depression
Chapter 20 - Pain & Darkness
Chapter 21 - Last Hope
Chapter 22 - Ghosts and Pranks
Chapter 23 - Funeral
Chapter 24 - Drunk In Love
Chapter 25 - Harry's Anime Convention
Chapter 26 - Sasha & Levi
Chapter 27 - The Stars Over America
Chapter 28 - 5 Seconds of Ponies & Pervs
Chapter 29 - Kidnapped
Chapter 30 - Las Vegas
Chapter 31 - Katie's Demons
Chapter 32 - Happier Days
Chapter 33 - Broken Free (Final Chapter)

Chapter 15 - The Concert

491 25 6
By phoebe_memeseok

Louis's POV

"Why are you Skyping me so late? Isn't Eleanor there?" Katie asked me over our computers.

"No, she's not back yet."

"Oh, where is she?"

"She went shopping in town with Perrie, Sophia, and Lou."

"Wow, the whole squad is with you guys, huh?" She laughed.

"Yeah, pretty much." I laughed along with her and we both looked at each other on our computer screens for a moment.

"So are you guys in my town then?"

"Yeah, it's a nice little town you live in. Niall is looking for places to eat."

"Well that figures." She laughed. It grew awkwardly silent again.

"How is your family?" I asked her.

"They're fine. How are your sisters?"

"Also fine." I smiled. She smiled back at me, neither of us sure of what to say next. I kind of thought we were beyond the whole awkwardly smiling at each other thing by now but I guess we still had moments like this. It seemed...different tonight. I guess I was kind of nervous. Maybe she was as well? "So, um I really hope you enjoy the show tomorrow."

"I'm so excited! The other girls are too."

"That's great."

"Oh we got our tickets today. I never thought I'd be that close to the stage." She grabbed the tickets off the desk beside her and held them in front of the screen so I could see them.

"You'll love the seats. I've sat in the arenas a lot, I know where the good spots are." I smiled at her and she listened to me speak. "Um, the fourth row from the front is always the best. It's not too close but you also don't have trouble looking over anyone's head."

"I'll remember that." She set the tickets down and looked back at me. Her smile was really beautiful. I shouldn't think that but, it's true.

Suddenly I heard a sound at the door. Eleanor must be back. "I think Eleanor is back. I'm going to go. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the show, love."

"You know I will. Have a nice time with Eleanor. Say hi to her for me ok?

"Sleep well, love."

"You too." We ended the call there and Eleanor came into the room just as I was closing my laptop.

"Were you talking to Katie?" Eleanor asked, hanging up her jacket and throwing down her shopping bags.

"Yeah, oh she told me to say hi." I laid in bed and stretched out. "Did you get anything nice while you were shopping?"

"I got a new dress." She said while slipping her pajamas on over her head.

"Can I see it?"

"I guess you'll just have to take me out to see it." She grinned evily at me and crawled into bed.

"You're such a tease, El." I kissed her on the lips. "Goodnight, babe."

"Goodnight, Lou."

Emily's POV:

Yesterday I went to the mall with Katie and Sasha. Katie and I got our prom dresses for the dance next week. Time had gone so fast since the hurricane, it was hard to believe the dance was already around the corner. I didn't have a date so I was just going to go with some of my friends from my dance class.

We also picked out some new clothes to wear to the concert. I picked out a pastel colored summery dress and wedges. Katie went for a more casual look with skinny jeans, a tank top, and leather jacket. Sasha bought a short dress and brown boots to wear. It was the first time I'd been shopping with Katie since her parents forbid us from seeing each other. The fear of being caught was a little nerve racking yet exciting and dangerous.

The concert was tonight. Katie and I were concert virgins. This was our first so we didn't know what to expect. Sasha had been to a couple concerts before so she had been giving us tips on what to expect while we got ready. We were at Sasha's house while we got ready, it was the only place we could go where Katie's parents wouldn't find us.

"So we're getting ready for the concert tonight." Katie spoke as she held her tiny camocorder in her hand, scanning the room with it while she recoreded us. "Emily you look lovely."

"Thanks." She sat down on the bed next to me and turned the camera around to record the both of us posing.

Katie stood up and continued recording. "Angel is looking fabulous as well." She walked into the bathroom with the camera and Angel modeled her cardigan and jean shorts. "And then we have Sasha!" She turned around and recorded Sasha who was standing by the TV, watching the news while eating french fries.

Sasha suddenly grabbed the camcorder from Katie and recorded herself.

"You better not get my camera greasy!" Katie protested.

"I won't, don't worry!" Sasha said with her moutfull of fries. Someone knocked on the door, catching our attention. "Who's there?" Sasha said.

"I just wanted to tell you girls that Levi is here." Sasha's mom said through the door. "Ooh I'm gonna record Levi." Sasha shoved another handfull of fries into her mouth before walking out of the room. I followed her and left Katie and Angel alone.

"Don't drop my camera down the stairs!" Katie shouted from the bedroom.

"I won't! God! Lighten up!" Sasha rolled her eyes and we walked downstairs. "Here's Levi!" She put the camera right in his face, much to his surprise.

"Hi, you look lovely Sasha and...um, why are you sticking that thing in my face?" Levi asked, annoyed and trying to dodge the camera.

"We're recording random parts of today for our Youtube channel." I said, sitting down on the couch. I don't know why Sasha liked Levi. To me they didn't have much in common, she was so easy going and he was so serious. She couldn't even stand Katie ordering her around about the camera, how could she put up with this guy? I guess opposites attract.

"Anyway, we need to get going but I'm sure Katie and Emily will record more later on. Bye!" Sasha turned off the camcorder and tossed it to Katie who was standing at the bottom of the stair with Angel.

"Are you girls ready?" Levi asked while fixing his hair with his hands.

"I think so." Angel said.

"Alright, let's go. We need to beat the traffic." Levi said and held the door open for Sasha but let it slam in my face after him and her walked out of the house.

"Gee, what a gentlemen." I looked at Katie who was shaking her head in disappointment.

It was about an hour drive to the stadium. I've never seen so many screaming girls in my life. It was a little scary. Was this how Katie and I looked to people? I didn't think we were this bad? No, we can't be.

We had to walk through huge crowds of girls freaking out and begging for tickets to get to the door.

"Don't touch me, don't touch me, don't touch me... Ew you definitely better not touch me you nasty lil..." Levi's voice trailed off as he walked through the crowd and disappeared from our small group.

"I think we lost Levi." Sasha said, looking around. Suddenly there was a commotion of voices in the crowd.

"Oh my God, there's a guy here at the concert!"

"He's a unicorn!"

"I want him!"

"Are you really a fan?"

"Are you gay?"

"Who's your favorite member?"

"Do you want my number?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"He's mine!"

"No, I saw him first!

"BACK OFF YOU HORNY, FILTHY LITTLE CARNIVORES. STOP TOUCHING ME WITH YOUR GRUBBY LITTLE TEENAGE CLAWS. DON'T MAKE ME ROUNDHOUSE KICK YOU BITCHES."

Katie, Angel, and I laughed loudly at the crowd and Levi's loud screams for help. Sasha disappeared from us to try to find Levi. She emerged from the crowd and back to our group, pulling Levi by the arm. "Are you alright, baby?" She asked him.

"I'm...no...that was just...that was the most horryfing and traumatizing thing I've ever...that one girl with the short pink hair touched me inappropriately! I feel so violated!" Levi crossed his arms and pouted. I rolled my eyes. What a baby.

"It's ok, come on let's go inside." Sasha said.

"Alright, but if another girl does that to me again I swear I'm not afraid to kick her in the..."

"OK, let's go in now." Sasha grabbed Levi's shoulders and pushed him into the arena. Katie took care of our tickets and an usher led us to our seats.

"Here you go ladies. Enjoy the show" The usher left us and we sat down.

The first thing Katie did was pull out her camcorder and began recording again. "So, here we are. As incredible as it is, we're just minutes away now from seeing the show. Everyone is so excited! Right?"

"Yeah we are!" Angel cheered.

"Well...all except him." She pointed the camcorder at Levi who had his arms crossed and was just looking straight ahead, ignoring all of us.

"I can't wait until this is over." He said.

Katie's POV:

FIrst 5 Seconds Of Summer performed. We were all massive fans of theirs of course. We sang along to all of their songs and fangirled hard over them. They were amazing. They talked about Will Smith a ton and Ashton made jokes about bananas. It was wonderful.

Then the boys came out and the show began. It was unbelievale to seel them in person like this. When ytou're watching them on Youtube or just looking at pictures of them you sometimes forget that they're real people. Seeing them in real life reminds you that. So far they'd sang 15 songs and we jumped around and sang to all of them. Levi literally just sat in his chair looking annoyed the entire time. It was pretty funny actually. I could tell Louis, Harry, and Niall tried to look for us a few times but they never made eye contact with any of us. I imagine it was too blinding with all those lights shining on then to see anyone. Something happened after that. Something I wished for but never expected would happen.

They took a break.

Niall and Liam sat down and drank some water. Zayn lost his microphone so he was walking around looking for another one. Harry had to go to the bathroom. Typical Styles. Louis just stood there. He lifted the mic to his mouth and spoke as he paced around the catwalk. "I hope everyone is having a good time! It's funny because this show almost didn't happen tonight. It was never scheduled on the tour but we insisted on coming here so a friend of ours could see it." Emily looked at me and nudged my shoulder. "Um. we didn't discuss this backstage so it might sound a little crazy..." Niall, Zayn, and Liam glared at Louis as he said that. "But I'd like her to come up here and join us on stage if she wants to? Katie?"

Angel, Sasha, Emily and Levi all looked at me in shock. For a moment we all sort of forgot about our friendship with them. When we were here we felt like we were just average fans.

"Go on!" Angel pushed me.

"What? No! This is so weird, I can't!" There was a million things rushing through my mind. I didn't think I'd actually have to meet Louis. I was afraid of that. I don't know why. I didn't think I was very attractive and I felt too insecure.

"Come on this is Louis!" Emily grabbed my arm and pushed me again. I was about to protest but I quickly learned it wasn't my choice whether I wanted to go up there or not. Two security guards grabbed my arms and pulled me up on stage.

I was face to face with Louis.

Well sort of, he was on the opposite side of the stage. We just stared at each other for a moment in disbelief that this was happening. Then he started walked over to me. I looked out to the crowd who was cheering. I was so nervous, my legs were shaking. I was never good at being on stage in the center of attenion. Then I looked at Liam and Niall sitting on the stage, they were smiling at me and Liam waved. I didn't really feel like I could move so I just stayed still.

Louis covered his microphone as he walked straight up to my face. We were just inches apart now. I never thought I'd meet him face to face. "Hi." He said quietly.

"Hi yourself." I smiled at him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Why are you shaking? Don't be nervous, babe." He pulled me with him as he walked across the stage. I didn't feel nervous anymore. In fact, I forgot about the audience even. It was just him and I now. "So, everyone this is Katie. You can thank her for encouraging us to bring our tour here." Louis spoke into his mic. The crowd had grown quiet but now they were cheering loudly agian.

Just then Harry came running back on stage and dumped a water bottle over Liam's head.

"Harry!" Liam screamed and jumped off his seat.

"That's what you get for pulling down my pants!" Harry started opening another water bottle and walked over to Louis and I.

"You better put that down, Haz." Louis warned him and stood in front of him. I was laughing at this point. "Katie is here, you better be nice."

"She is?!" Harry ran around Louis and gave me a tight a hug. "So good to see you." He said while dumping the water bottle over my head. I didn't even care.

"Aw really, you're going to do that to the poor girl, Haz? Where are your manners!" Niall said from the other side of the stage.

"She needed to be initiated." Harry said.

"You can buy a bottle of Harry's Holy Water at a retailer near you!" Liam said and the crowd laughed. I hadn't realized it but Louis disappeared offstage. As Harry walked away from me, Niall walked across the stage and handed me a towel.

"Sorry about that. He's like an animal when he's on stage." Niall laughed.

"It's fine, a little unexpected but fine!" I dried my hair and face and handed the towel back to Niall. Then Louis walked back over to me and handed me a can of whipped cream.

"What's this? You have whip cream just stashed around on stage?"

"You really haven't been to one of our shows before, have you?" He laughed as he shook the can. Niall opened his mouth and Louis sprayed some whipped cream in. "Yep they work." Louis grabbed my hand and we sneaked up behind Harry.

Harry was pacing the stage, talking to the crowd. "So the next song we're going to sing is very special. It was written by our friend Ed Sheeran and..." I grabbed the back of Harry's shirt and sprayed whipped cream down it. "What the hell?" He screamed a little and jumped away from us. Niall fell over laughing and Liam walked over and gave me a high five. Louis continued to chase Harry around, spraying him with whip cream. Louis finally ran out and came back over to me. Zayn brought a towel out of Harry. Harry glared at me while he cleaned himself off.

"Just another average day in the life of One Direction." Zayn said and the crowd cheered at his words.

Louis covered his microphone again and spoke to me. "Do you want to go back to the auidence or would you like to stay with us?"

"Of course I'd rather stay."

Niall grabbed his guitar and began playing the beginning of Little Things. Louis found a spot on the stage that was clean and sat me down between him and Niall. While Harry sang the chorus, Louis covered his mic and leaned into my ear. "You can kill me for this later but I want you to sing."

"Me? But I don't sing."

Louis just smiled at me and stuck the microphone in my face. I wasn't thinking about the auidence judging me, I was more worried about them judging me. And this was Louis' part of the song, there's a lot of pressure to do it justice. I could have just easily frozen up and stared at him but I felt even more pressure for letting him down by not singing. So I sang, much to everyone's surprise. "You can't go to bed without a cup of tea...and maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep."

Louis put his arm around me and took the microphone back. "And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep though it makes no sense to me." Harry missed his cue by a few seconds to sing his part because they were all staring at me in shock. I didn't know if it was a good shock or a bad shock.

After the song ended, the two security guards came back and led me back to my seat to watch the rest of the show.

"You did not just do that." Emily laughed at me as I stood beside her.

"I have no idea what just happened honestly." I laughed and looked at her.

"Not only did you get to see them but you got to sing with them too!" Angel said loudly.

"You're living the dream, girl." Sasha patted me on the shoulder.

"Can't we go now?" Levi groaned.

"No!" We all said in unison.

"There's still 7 more songs." Sasha told him.

"Ugh..." Levi slumped back into his seat. A young girl next to him was staring at him awkwardly. "What are you looking at, imbecille?" She rolled her eyes and looked back at the stage. "That's what I thought..."

After the show was over we started walking out of the arena in the crowd of people. Some people were smart and left early but we wanted to stay until the last second.

"Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me..."A British voice said and someone was cutting throught he crowd behind us. We moved aside so the man could get through but he grabbed my arm. "Come with me."

"Excuse me?" I said and pulled away from him.

"We need to see you backstage. And you four as well." He pointed to Levi, Sasha, Angel, and Emily.

"Are we in trouble?" Angel asked.

"It's because of the camcorder isn't it?" Emily asked. "We weren't trying to illegally record the show, we have this blog on Youtube and..."

"You don't have to explain yourselves here, follow me." He grabbed my arm again and escorted be in the opposite direction that crowd was travelling in. I looked behind me to see the same two security guards that helped me on stage were behind my friends. What on earth was going on here?

We went through a series of doors and hallways backstage until we stopped inside a dressing room. "You guys better still be in here after I did all that!" The man holding my arm said, looking around the room for someone. I looked up at the man for the first time. He looked familar but I couldn't quite remember who he was.

"Thank you, Paul." Louis voice was heard around the corner as he walked into the room.

"Sorry if we scared you dragging you back here like that." Paul said to me. Of course that was Paul, how did I not recognize him before?

"Well you could have at least told me what was going on."

"You were so nervous on stage, I was afraid you wouldn't agree to come back here." Louis at down on the leather couch. He was probably right too.

Liam then walked in the room. "Oh good, you found them. You guys can sit down you know." I sat down next to Louis out of habit. I was so confused, I really didn't understand what we were here for.

"Your dressing room is huge!" Angel said, looking around.

"This is just Louis' dressing room!" Liam laughed.

"I don't mean to complain but what exactly are we doing here?" I asked Louis who looked disappointed with my question.

"Well I know it's kind of late, but I was talking to the boys and we were thinking maybe we could all go out together for a late dinner? I mean not just you but all of your friends as well?" Louis smiled at me. Honestly, he was so sweet to us and he barely knows us. It was so unreal.

I looked behind me at my friends who looked completely surprised. "Well I have no problem with that but, I don't know if they have any plans or..."

"No!" Everyone should in unison except Levi who sarcastically mumbled 'yes'...

Harry suddenly walked into the room and look shocked to see us all there. "Oh you found them! Katie, I'm sorry about the water thing..."

"Don't worry about it, it was fun!"

Then he walked up to Sasha. "Hi, Sasha. It's lovely to meet you." He tried to shake her hand, she was hesitant but eventually did.

"Yeah." She said and looked uninterested.

"I hope you can forgive me for getting you fired." Harry reached for her hand again and Sasha looked away.

"Whatever." Sasha rolled her eyes. Louis glared at Harry until he got the hint and walked out of the room.

"So um, shall we go to dinner?" Louis asked again.

"Well I'm kind of wet..." I said, looking down at her clothes. Then I realized how bad that sounded. "I mean, not like um, like from when Harry dumped water on me. That's what I meant. Not like....um..."

"I'm sorry about that again!" Harry shouted from the other room.

"Ok, how about everyone goes home, cleans up and then we can go out? Sound good?" Liam asked.

"That's a good idea, we can send a car for you in about 2 hours maybe? Message me your address." Louis suggested.

"Um, ok that sounds really good." I said and the nervous bunch of people behind me agreed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 4.3K 69
Eww, These Are Dirty... One Direction, Zayn Malik & 5SOS WARNING: These stories are se.xually detailed. Meaning they have se.x in them. DISCLAIMER: E...
9.1K 444 48
The story of my life! *wink*
74.2K 878 24
Just some one shots I wrote awhile ago. Sadly I won't be writing anymore or updating this story, but I just don't have the heart to delete it since a...
10.9K 300 34
Nineteen year old Lauren Broker is a rebellious, fiesty girl with an attitude. Her little sister drags her to a One Direction concert, and she gets n...