Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fourty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Thirty-Six

9.6K 270 37
By AintThatDevine

A/N: I honestly don't think I will survive the rest of this season of Teen Wolf. It's too much, Jeff Davis. Too much. And 170k on WS? That's insane!! I love you guys so much! xx -Melissa

36.

{Dylan's P.O.V.}

"Thanks, Tia." I said, hopping down from the makeup chair. As much as I didn't mind the fake dirt that we used, it was nice not to have it on. 

"Do you need me to do your hair up or are you wanting to leave it down?" Tia asked, throwing the face wipes streaked brown into the trash bin by her station. "It won't take long."

"Sure, go for it." I got back up, pulling my phone out of my pocket as the red head uncapped a tub of hair product. 

"Your girlfriend seems really nice." Tia rubbed her fingers together before working through the front of my hair, removing it from against my forehead. "James is really impressed with her. Kept talking about a book that she's written."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "He's read it?"

"Yeah. I've never heard of it though." Tia nonchalantly toyed with my hair, fixing it exactly like I like to have it.

"It's not been released yet." I checked my cell, suddenly wondering where Genesis was. "It comes out next year."

"Must be an author thing." Tia shrugged a little, grabbing a towel and wiping her hands off. "You're all set, Dylan."

"It's great, thanks." I got back down, fixing the hem of my blue tshirt. Pocketing my cell, I glanced around in hopes of finding Gen.

"Yo, Kaya." I walked up behind the brunette as she was getting her own stage makeup taken off. "Have you seen Gen?"

"Yeah, I was just talking to her about the party." Kaya motioned her hand towards the exit door, "Phone call, I think."

"Thanks." I patted her shoulder before walking towards the double doors with a neon sign above it. "Gen?" Going through the doors, I looked around the hall.

"There's a release date on it for a reason." 

Following the accent that was no doubt hers, I found a blonde leaning against the wall of windows with an annoyed look on her face.

I waved a little when she saw me but only got a half smile from her. Giving her a minute, I put my back against the wall and watched out the windows.

"That's something you don't seem to understand. Permission." Gen put her hand to her forehead and shut her eyes for a minute. "I don't care. Stop trying to help." 

Undoubtedly, I knew who she was talking to.

Gen scoffed into her phone, frustration laced in her features. A plastic bag was on her arm at her elbow, something purple inside that I couldn't make out. She shook her head, "I'm serious. Don't do it again." Letting go of a sigh, she hung up the call and stuck her mobile into her back pocket. Wordlessly, she walked over to me and buried her head into my shoulder.

"Elizabeth?" I asked, wrapping my arms around her.

"I hate her so much." Gen mumbled, her eyelashes brushing the base of my neck. 

"We can do something about her." I ran my hand down her hair, "I should've sooner."

"She's made it clear that there isn't much of a way out of." Gen said, "She worked her way into it so that it'll start some sort of commotion. She's trying to control my life."

"How about starting small?" I offered, "Changing dorms? You're barely there anyways." I squeezed her a little, getting a small laugh out of her. 

Genesis shifted so that she was against me but could look out the window where the sun was falling into the skyline. "I can try."

"I have to ask." I said after a moment of silence, knowing she was watching the sky bruise purple. "What's in the bag?"

Gen moved it out of my reach when I tried to touch the bag. "You'll have to wait."

"Pleaseee." I whined against her hair, tightening my arms around her middle. 

Gen giggled, "No, Dylan." 

"Is it for the party?" 

"It might be." A grin crossed her lips as she turned around, "Have you ever been to a blacklight party?"

"Seeing as raves haven't been big since the 90's, I have to say that I haven't." Moving from off of the wall, I fitted my fingers with her as we walked towards the doors I'd come in from. "Have you?"

"To be honest, I'm not much of a party person." Gen admittedly said, "I have been to one, but it wasn't much of anything."

"Because you seem like such the party girl." I teased, seeing Will wave us over to a cluster of them that had formed. "Are we all going together?"

"Yeah, Hank called in a limo for us." Chris said, "But the real problem is the shit we're going to get from Jacob and Blake tomorrow."

"They're not exactly happy that they can't come." Kaya said, walking over next to Genesis with a bag in her own hands. 

"When they turn twenty one, we'll take them to a club, but until then, i'm not getting arrested." Dexter had changed into a white shirt purposefully for the party, "They'll get over it."

"Or, we can go to England where the drinking age is properly at 18." Thomas suggested, "They wouldn't have to wait as long."

"I think Blake would argue against either way, seeing as he's got a while." I said, not hearing what Kaya had said to Gen.

"Hey, loiterers." Hank whistled between his fingers, opening the side stage door. "It's not my party. The limo's waiting." 

"Thank God." Will looked around, "Everyone have their i.d.'s?"

"No hangovers, all right?" Hank said as we filed out of the studio. "We have location filming to do tomorrow and I will personally beat up whoever can't say the alphabet backwards."

"What would we do without you, Hank?" I patted his shoulder, smiling at the glare he gave me. I glanced to Gen as she walked next to me, her hand still in mine. "He secretly loves all of us."

Gen laughed, "I can tell." She climbed into the limo, having to take a second look. She'd never been in a limo before; it was the easiest thing to tell from her expression.

"Do we have a plan for this or are we going in half assed?" Ki asked, lounging back in the corner seat.

"Do we ever go into a club without it being half assed?" Chris asked, shoving Ki's legs off of the seat so he could sit next to him.

"How about we make the plan to have fun?" Kaya sat between Gen and Will, leaning over and whispering in Gen's ear once the limo door shut all of us inside.

"That's a given, genius." Thomas said, checking his phone. "Drinks are half off tonight." He stated, looking up from the information of the club on his screen. 

"Things just keep getting better and better." Cazi said with a grin, "Who's the DJ?"

"The Bloody Beetroots." Thomas lifted an eyebrow, "Never heard of them."

"Italian electro punk." It took a second to realize that it was Gen that had spoken. "Uh," She earned strange but impressed looks from everyone. "They were playing in Florence a few years ago when I went. They're pretty good."

 It was hard to imagine her partying in Italy at a blacklight party.

 "Then this sounds like it's going to be mental." Aml rubbed his hands together happily, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I guess we'll find out." Thomas said, the limo stopping outside of a venue with a line of people that trailed down the street for at least a mile. "They know who we are. We can just go in." He stepped out first, the harsh outside light of the club mixing with the darkness of the sky void of the sun.

An annoyed blur of words met us as we got out of the limo, the tightly dressed club goers mad with us getting to go in. But it seemed that paparazzi beat them to it, the flashes a clicks of cameras shutting out their voices.

I grabbed Gen's hand, afraid of getting separated from her in the sudden commotion.

"Dylan," Kaya grabbed my shoulder once we were all safely at the front of the club where we were getting stamped. "I'm stealing your lady for a minute." She brightly said, taking Genesis as soon as a UV stamp went onto her nearly white skin.

Gen only grinned, running off with Kaya as well as one of the workers with blacklight paint. 

"I have to admit." Will nudged my shoulder after Kaya and Gen left, both of us still in line to get entrance stamps. "I was expecting your mystery girl to turn out to be some sort of murderer."

I laughed, UV ink pressing into the top of my hand. "She's definitely not a murderer."

Will got his hand stamped, sticking with me. "How much time did you spend on the phone with her anyways? Four months, right? I swear, did you fall in love with her before you even met her?"

A girl grabbed Will, a paint brush in her hand. "Face or body?"

"Uh, face." Will smiled at the girl with tiger stripes in blacklight paint.

"How about you?" Another worker came up to me, exchanging looks with the one starting to paint Will. "I'm thinking arms and neck."

"Uh, sure." I watched the bustling dance floor, music thrumming through the entire club. "Go for it."

Everything was neon; the walls, the dancers, the drinks.

"How's it look?" Will asked after a few minutes, smiling cheesily when the painter had finished.

"You look beautiful, Willy." I grinned, shivering a little as the paintbrush streaked my throat. "It's cold."

"Sorry sweetheart." The girl smiled, making me want Gen to show up so she'd stop looking at me like that. "You're all good. Have fun."

"Find me for a drink later if you want one." Will clapped his hand on my back, winking before slipping into the crowd of sweated, painted up dancers.

Leaving the painter once she finished, I looked around as I walked towards the edge where the bar was, currently supporting Cazi and Dexter trying to hit on the bartender.

"Guess who." A pair of hands cupped over my eyes, a pair of lips brushing against my ear. 

"I wonder." I grinned, turning around quickly and grabbing her waist.

Gen kissed my cheek, her lips painted bright pink. With her arms wrapped around my neck, she only laughed. "Kaya lent it to me." She said sheepishly when she saw my eyes travel downwards.

Gen was in a neon purple cropped tank top that looked like it belonged in a lingerie catalog like the ones my sister always had around her house. The bright paint stood out against her pale skin, green and orange stars on her stomach and a pink heart across her left collarbone.

"You look amazing." I told her, leaning down and meeting her lips softly.

She grinned against my mouth, pulling away after a moment. "Are we going to dance or what, pretty boy?"

"Pretty boy?" I asked, getting pulled onto the dance floor by someone I wasn't expecting to be that strong.

I started out with my strongest move; the sprinkler. I jumped around, Gen throwing her head back in laughter as she danced with me. I grabbed one of her hands, spinning her around.

"Yo, pal." A man with his own shirt off motioned upwardly, "Too many clothes for this party. House rule."

Gen grinned, telling the worker that we'd fix the problem. She lifted her eyebrows at me, taking the hem of my shirt in her fingers. "House rule."

"Sure it is." I smirked, helping her pull my shirt off. Balling it up, I tossed it to the side without a care of where it went.

 "I'll be right back. Stay here." Gen pressed her lips to mine quickly before going through the crowd, dancing her way through over to DJ booth where a masked guy was running the booth. A security guard stopped her but when he looked up to the performer, she was let by when he nodded. Gen climbed up on to the platform, leaning into the DJ. When she moved back a little, the mask nodded again.

"Did she just get a request out of them?" A girl in a boa asked me, touching my shoulder as she danced with all she had. "They never do request, ever."

Gen came over, the sudden change of song pleasing her. A smile was plastered on her face as she grabbed my hand and pulled me close to her.

"What was that?" I questioned, our foreheads lingering together as her hands trailed along my chest. My own hands were one her hips, the bare skin warm and soft.

"He remembered me." Gen shrugged it of, more concerned with how little space there was between us.

"What happened to not much of a party girl?" I tried to speak solidly, but there was half a quiver in my voice. Her hands had slipped up my neck and into my hair, just barely tugging on it.

"It's a very rare sort of thing." Gen claimed, pulling on my neck.

My grip tightened on her, our lips molding together without hesitation. 

There was something about kissing her. It was better than anything you could find in a book or a cheesy movie. It beat out the talk of fireworks. 

It made me sure of one thing; That it was Gen, and it will always be her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 430 37
clarke mitchell, daughter of the infamous Maverick, had always dreamed of being in the Navy like her father. lucky for her, her best friend had the s...
556K 14.8K 59
|| SEQUEL TO EASY WAY OUT || After quitting her job oversees, Isla Rafferty soon finds herself lost, alone, and once again longing for Spencer Reid;...
43.4K 452 15
Lt. Serenity 'Tails' Lewis has been called back to TopGun, to not only focus on the task at hand that will be given, reunite with everyone but most...
287K 6.9K 22
𝑰'𝑴 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑪𝑯-𝑪𝑯-𝑪𝑯-𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑩𝑶𝑴𝑩!🍒 "𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘨𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘶𝘱? 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑤𝘩𝑎𝑡? 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑡𝘩�...